PS4 - Destiny

ModNation Racers: Road Trip – It’s Vita Time Baby!

Mark Wilson's Avatar + Posted by Mark Wilson on Feb 20, 2012 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

What a great week to be in the ModNATION!

We present you our labor of love – ModNation Racers: Road Trip. She’s* all yours now so take care of her. Bring her to nice places. Introduce her to your friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Take pictures with her and post them to your Facebook page. Treat her right and she’ll stay by your side forever, most importantly… take her for a spin at least three times a day! Trust me, she loves it!

(*not sure if one refers to video games in the female form but we thought we’d start the precedent. We’re cutting-edge like that!)

box

Keep Up On All Things ModNation

Here are some useful links to stay up to date with all things ModNation Racers!

ModNation Racers Road Trip: Track Starter Kit – Week One
So you just received your brand spankin’ new Vita and ModNation Racers: Road Trip and noticed the 500,000 + plus user created tracks to choose from. Let me help you with a few of my (ModNationSD: MNR Community Manager) favorites. Over the next few weeks I will post some great tracks in this “Starter Kit” section which demonstrate a great cross-section of some of the best tracks ModNation community members have made (so far!). You won’t want to miss these!

starter kit

BTW… If you come across some great tracks that you think need to be seen let us know in the comments below of visit the MNR forums HERE. Who knows, a track you recommended or maybe even created could end up in this ModNation Monday blog!… “Track of the Week” maybe?

ModNation Racers For PS3

Top Tracks

This week we feature some of the best tracks of marusarusa. One of ModNation’s top-quality track creators. Read more about him HERE.

Creations of the Week: Our Favorite “Two-Faced” Mods

cotw

Hot Lap Track of the Week: Cowboys Vs Indians by Laidbackcat
What a GREAT selection of tracks submitted for this week’s “Track of the Week”! This was one of the more difficult weeks to choose just one but “Cowboys Vs Indians” by PSN ID: Laidbackcat just edged out the others as our favorite this week. Congrats Laidbackcat! Yee-haw!

totw

Monday: Journey thru Fire n Ice by its2l84that
Tuesday: Ice ** by yuda-i
Wednesday: MNR Rally – Finland by prob_alex
Thursday: P! University Park by Lloyd2k4
Friday: Monet’s Garden by mini_schnauzer67
Saturday: Cowboys Vs Indians by Laidbackcat
Sunday: Utopia Reborn by PH1LThy31

ModNation Thursday Fun Races
Join ModNationSD for an evening of fun racing this Thursday from 4:30-5:30 PST. This is a great opportunity to meet some fun people in a casual racing environment. Bring your favorite Mods and Karts and strut your stuff out on the track. Check our ModNation Facebook page on the day of the races on how to join.

Let’s See What You’ve Got!
If you are interested in submitting your Mod, Kart or track for consideration as “Creation of the Week”, please visit us on the official ModNation Community site. Do you have the skills to make it into the blog? You’ll never know until you try!

+ MrProfect on February 20th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

1st? <:D

+ snakeeyes211 on February 20th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

Nice

+ HELLRAZR_28 on February 20th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

Will there be a demo on the Playstation Store?

+ bgardner on February 20th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

lovin ModNation Racers: Road Trip just as good as the ps3 game maybe better

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

I played for at least 15 hours over the 3 day weekend and I’m really loving the new blood of creations. Wow!

+ thirteenpixels on February 20th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Head to head multiplayer please…

+ Zup3rZon3x on February 20th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Still buying this game for my Vita, played the demo version at Gamestop and was impressed. Im still dissapointed at the lack of no Head-to-Head multiplayer though. I Really hope you guys consider patching it in!

+ thenoobinator50 on February 20th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

Played the demo at my local Gamestop, loved it! It races just like the PS3 version, and yes, it has up to eight racers. Why can’t wensday come sooner! My every waking hour is spent waiting for the 22nd.

2 days left!

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

!!!

+ zombie9 on February 20th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

Not buying a VITA !!! (:

+ Hooligantuan on February 20th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

That Composite Santa is one of the best mods I’ve ever seen. Nicely done, and nice pick to feature.

(Even if it is someone else’s IP.)

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Yep, those mods are GENIUS!

+ Mist_Shark on February 20th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Hi,

Sorry, no they can’t but all the PS3 creations can be played on Vita!

+ zekececil14 on February 20th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

I foresee a lot of car racing in my future.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

Hi zekececil14,

Yes I see that for you too! *wink*

+ DJBennett1985 on February 20th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

Really enjoying Road Trip so far. Maybe you could add best character creations for Road Trip like you do for PS3?

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Already on it!

In game we will add our new San Diego Studio favorites every week as well as featuring creations here in the blog. Let’s see some great creations ModNation. Where are they? Show me!

+ JNM-CIM on February 20th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

Since PS Vita users will be able to do time trial events, does that possibly mean they can participate in future PS3 Hot Lap events? If it does that would be awesome! The more the merrier! :D

+ Snipers-Origon on February 20th, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

Can you please fix the load times on Modnation Racers: Road Trip! Plz its insanely long.

+ Teflon02 on February 20th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

When will there ever be a battle Mode? I’ve been begging since the first game released. Also, I like how this game plays, It’s harder to play then the ps3 game but harder in a way where you will need both skill and combat to win races. I just need 3 things to say it’s a perfect game in my opinion. Online multiplayer, a Battle Mode and smoother frame rate :) ohh and 8 player support online and off, not 4 :)
P.S. I miss Biff, he and the umm, other guy were great (I know his names gary :))

+ DJBennett1985 on February 20th, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

If anyone is playing Road Trip I’ve made a few Mortal Kombat characters if interested… just search for “mortal kombat” mods! Feedback appreciated!

+ race2winnet on February 20th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

@14 What??? No Biff and Gary?? Come on now, you can’t have MNR without Biff and Gary!!! What will they leave out next, online multiplayer???

Seriously, I have actually decided to get MNR: RT on Wednesday and pray that a patch for online multiplayer becomes a reality. I know that I said that I was going to wait until the online multiplayer was implemented but I feel that I have to support this franchise because I DO NOT want to see the series die! Let’s support this game so that we can see some of the great features come to the PS3 in the form of MNR2!

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

You’re going to love “Road Trip”! Once you get in in your hands you’ll never look back!

+ prob_alex on February 20th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

@15.. i guess you like mortal kombat then?? ive made 4 Mortal Kombat Stages (Tracks) Check them out see what you think.. Should suit your mods perfectly :)

+ remanutd5 on February 20th, 2012 at 3:29 pm said:

after playing Wipeout online campaign and cross platform i dont understand how you guys didnt include head to head online multiplayer from the get go , man vita is taking online multiplayer on the go to new heights , its setting the standards , sony has a golden chance to make the vita THE connected online portable gaming device to own .
i will buy Modnation this week after i get my 32 gb memory card hoping to see head to head multiplayer in the not to distant future .

+ remanutd5 on February 20th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

btw online multiplayer on the vita : SUCCESS !!!! wipeout even let you see all your friends online within the game , very very kool , it lets you know if a friend has beat one of your scores , if a friend is playing the game online and you want to join them , only thing missing is a party system within the game and it will be online near perfection on the vita

+ AhoyThere on February 20th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

@9 “Can creations made in ModNation Racers: Road Trip be used in ModNation Racers on the PS3?”

I read somewhere that Modnation Racers for PS3 will not be able to use tracks created in RT. Don’t know about mods and Karts, though. Sorry I cannot find the source of this information for you…

+ crazy_kracker1 on February 20th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

will Kaz Hirai be playing it on launch day maybe he will add my friends request lol

+ DJBennett1985 on February 20th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

@17 Ok I will check them out :)

+ Elvick_ on February 20th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Announce that online patch so I’ll want this game again, please.

+ Ftwrthtx on February 20th, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

So when can we expect the patch for online head-to-head racing?

+ l6074l on February 20th, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

Great article Mark! Cant wait to get my hand on this master piece!

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 21st, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Thank you! You are going to love it!

+ Madmike22089 on February 20th, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

Forget about an online patch, are there any plans to fix the excruciatingly unresponsive controls in the menus? How about the frequent frame rate drops that make the game a nuisance to play? Thanks.

+ PrinceSaiyan-PS- on February 20th, 2012 at 7:01 pm said:

Attention gamers: User “Sage_Minato89″ stole my account. Please be aware from that @#$%.
LONG LIVE PLAY!

+ Teflon02 on February 20th, 2012 at 7:23 pm said:

I kinda agree, with 26, The menu’s touch controls are horrible and need to be fixed because they cant track like the vita itself. If I tap a icon or swipe the screen I get no response but if I slowly slide across or hold a icon for about 2 seconds then it works. I can work with it, but nothing is more frustrating when your losing a challenge or something and you just wanna get into it can’t because you get no response hvn you wanna jump through menus. I think it need a stability patch to stabilize framerates and fix touch response ASAP

+ thenoobinator50 on February 20th, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

OMG did anyone notice how much memory this game requires? It says 1056 KB on the box!
Imagine a more graphically advanced game like Uncharted! Must take up 3000 KB

Would’nt it be funny if wipeout 2048 used up 2048 KB of memory. :)

+ ChubzDoom on February 21st, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

@thenoobinator50 That actually isn’t much. 1056KB is roughly 1MB, which is chump change even for the “small” 4GB memory cards. Uncharted asks for 64MB, which is equivalent to 65536 kilobytes.

+ HandsomeDave85 on February 21st, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

MNR for PS3 is on sale on Newegg.com for $16 this week.
The price of the game continues to drop but the DLC track packs are still $10 a piece.
When will we see a price drop for the DLC track packs?
PS3 MNR fans need some love too.

+ pitythefool852 on February 21st, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

This game does look good, but I might hold out to see what gets patched in at a later date.

When I heard that there would be a ModNation Racers on PSV, there were a couple of key things that I was looking forward too:

1: Multiplayer… hopefully with PS3 cross-play :)
2: The new creation tools – hopefully with the ability to share creations to PS3 as the PS3 creation tools aren’t that easy to handle sometimes.

It’s a shame that those didn’t make it into the final release. Maybe there will be a new ModNation that does all that I wanted soon :(

+ KGH on February 21st, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

About how large is the game? I was thinking about getting this digitally but dont know if i’ll have the space on my vita

+ irtizahasan on February 21st, 2012 at 5:28 pm said:

make a head to head online please because it well make the game so much more fun

+ irtizahasan on February 21st, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

San Diego studio well you make a patch for the online play ( head to head ) please? : )

+ spiderboy59 on February 21st, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

i love ModNation Racers, this new version on the PS vita makes me want to get the vita now.

+ thenoobinator50 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

Hold up. About memory, can anyone answer this comment.
in memory there is
GB
MB
KB

I know GB is the largest, but how much is 1GB? =100 MB? 1000? KB Am I close?

+ sbattu on February 21st, 2012 at 9:49 pm said:

good

+ lukeike on February 23rd, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

I really want to like this game, but since it doesn’t have real multiplayer, I just can’t get excited about it.

+ lilcal70 on February 24th, 2012 at 4:21 am said:

road trip is my first vita game & i absolutely love it..the developers really did a fantastic job :-) i really hope they add online multiplayer..either way an extremely fun game just like its ps3 brother thanks mod team :-P

+ kingotnw on February 24th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

No online multiplayer =no buy. Sorry. I was really looking forward to this game too.

+ gramkracka22 on February 26th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

San Diego Studio’s really needs to come out and say if there will ever be a patch to add online.

Because there is no way I am buying this game without online. They should have added online from the start and made this a real $40 game