PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The Tester 3 Episode 3: Make Like Drake

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Feb 21, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Last week’s Twisted Metal inspired episode of The Tester 3 really pushed our gamers as the two teams scrambled to build a replica of Sweet Tooth’s ice cream truck under the intense scrutiny of David Jaffe. If you missed it, catch the full episode right here!

Week 3 tests their ability to overcome obstacles and stay focused in a challenge inspired by UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss for PS Vita. Golden Abyss’ creative director John Garvin visits from Sony Bend Studio to evaluate each team’s performance in the most demanding challenge of the season thus far. And this week, the winning team gets to spend some quality time with Nathan Drake himself, Nolan North. But the fun and games abruptly end during this week’s intense elimination.

Speaking of PS Vita, beginning with today’s PlayStation Store publish, The Tester 3 will be available to watch on PS Vita’s beautiful 5” OLED screen. You can catch up on the first two episodes on PS Vita as well.

Check out this week’s preview of episode 3 below, and watch the full episode here. You can download in HD and SD from the PlayStation Store when today’s update is published.

We’re also set to launch our third Twitter giveaway for The Tester 3! This takes place next Monday, February 27. Follow @PlayStation to participate. Congratulations to @kancer for winning this week’s prize package!

For next week, the prize package is themed around the UNCHARTED series:

• The Tester 3 t-shirt
  • 1 month PlayStation Plus voucher
  • “UNCHARTED: Drake’s Journal” autographed by Nolan North
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack
  • UNCHARTED Notebook

As a reminder, please allow fans the chance to enjoy the show by NOT posting any spoilers in the comments below, or in the PlayStation forums.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ Kithkarnon on February 21st, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

Although makes you wonder why IGN was able to post before the blog, lol (and is it accurate)!

+ JoeTheBeast16 on February 21st, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Is the store going to update tonight? 9 pm is kind of pushing the limit on my patients.
Seriously guys, it was bad enough that none of the free content was available for the Vita Early adopters when we got our Vita’s and now you’re going to make us wait past the day that you said we’d get our stuff?

+ blakseed on February 21st, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

@Mystikalguy

I made that same request on PSblog Share like 2 weeks ago. Never appeared of of course. None of my ideas eer do, and I think they’re pretty decent ideas. Must not be after all.

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

@ blakseed

Thats too bad.
Maybe one day

+ LilRican on February 21st, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

lol can someone wake up grace? hey grace sweetie it’s time to update the store. ;p

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

Maybe they need to update the store on Monday so it will be ready by Tuesday lol

+ MarkakaJin on February 21st, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

Ha, I knew the PSN Store update was going to be this long. Update at the night then there would be a lot of traffic accessing through the store.

+ waterguy469 on February 21st, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

Wow they really need to update the vita store separately, 9:00pm?This is absolutely ridiculous

+ Destiny89 on February 21st, 2012 at 6:27 pm said:

Guys we need to give them their time, i guess this is not as easy everyone think.. play some Call of Duty online or other online games while waiting or check back tomorrow for the store update

+ InFAMOUS_Noba on February 21st, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

what gives why the store is being updated so late now it used to be updated at 2pm or 2:30pm smh now 9pm? i give up now on the store updates

+ rezo360 on February 21st, 2012 at 6:40 pm said:

what’s going on with the store update? why so late? this is getting frustrating, every week its the same late update.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

By the time Sony updates the store on Tuesday it’s pretty much Wednesday LOL. Move it to Monday so it will be done on Tuesday.

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

Now that there will be a new section in the Store for the Vita, will the weekly updates be even later now?????

More content = Much later Updates????????

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 6:45 pm said:

For me it’s already 00:50 of wednesday, I think they should establish an update time and do it in that time only ¬¬”

Curious about vita, the store shows no games in my ps3, it have a store that only can be accessed using the ps vita? Wanna try it so bad :D

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

Don’t get why Sony is so slow, Xbox live updates the same time and fast every week.

+ fester420 on February 21st, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

I’ve been playing the vita version of plants vs zombies for hours now. i would have thought that the store would be updated shortly after i found it through search.

+ TomHoang on February 21st, 2012 at 7:01 pm said:

I usually don’t complain about the store updates being late, but 10PM on the east coast is unacceptable. No excuses Sony, if XBL can update at a consistent time every week, so can you.

+ rezo360 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:04 pm said:

wow! still no update.

+ KwietStorm on February 21st, 2012 at 7:05 pm said:

If it Tuesday yet?

+ Emerald_Swords on February 21st, 2012 at 7:05 pm said:

Jesus Christ, COME ON GUYS! this is unacceptable you guys really need to change motives on how you do these store updates, 10PM on the eastcoast i feel bad for the people that have been patiently waiting practically all day. I hope you guys take measures on improving store update times, they should be up no later than 1Pm PST.

+ JoeTheBeast16 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

I’m not going to jump ship over a late update, but seriously, 10 pm and still not updated?
We doing updates on WEDNESDAY now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
It would be nice if we could at least be told why it’s not up around it’s normal 4 pm time frame.
Not only would it be nice, but it would flat out just be the RIGHT THING TO DO.
Seriously, I don’t normally get pissed off about small stuff like this, but you guys sold me a system with cards in the box, and told me I could download 3 games for free, and I was quite excited to play them with my daughter today, and now she’s on her way to bed, and I still don’t have them, A WEEK after I was under the impression I’d have them.

+ KeefRiffards on February 21st, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

STILL no Update? I just got home from work, hoping to play the SSX demo and use my Vita’s AR cards, and here we are. Sweet. I assume the Vita Apps and all the other PSV scheduled stuff isn’t up yet either, right? I could check, but I am afraid I know the answer…wishful thinking, yeah?

+ JoeTheBeast16 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

Not to mention the fact that you guys announce that the people that own ps3 versions of certain games, will get the vita versions for free, and then out and out refuse to tell use which specific games, or when we’ll be able to download them/ how we’ll be able to download them.
And then you ignore ALL inquiries as to how that’s going to go down.
You could at least be a little more professional in your business ventures.
I Love my Vita, But I’m beginning to dislike the people that have some kind of distaste for releasing it’s software from their dirty clutches.

+ Remmulak on February 21st, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

I know these guys work hard to get us the update. But they should at least give us an update.

+ Jaimes_Bond on February 21st, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:

Really wanting my SSX Demo about now.

+ Bigcalv2002 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

Wow, this is getting really late for the update!!!

+ JoeTheBeast16 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

Anyone else ready to call Sony and Complain about their incompetent store-updating-staff?!
This is inexcusable.
And thoroughly testing my patience.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 7:18 pm said:

took a look in the store now, yeaaaaah still not updated. Made some cappuccino and let the insomnia begins O.O

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓Everyday I’m shuffling.

+ Remmulak on February 21st, 2012 at 7:19 pm said:

@Jaimes_Bond I have been waiting all day for the SSX demo as well. Been getting tweets all day from @EASPORTSSSX from people who have been playing the Xbox version.

+ Jaimes_Bond on February 21st, 2012 at 7:21 pm said:

I started checking around noon, I didn’t expect it til about 5PM but after 9 rolled around I started getting restless. I knew what I gave up when I swapped my 360 for a PS3 and I still don’t regret it but damn this is my most anticipated game of the year. The only other experience I had was with FF9 and it was the same deal. All day for a store update.

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 7:22 pm said:

I think Eric Lempel needs to create a new “Firmware” & install it into the Store Updating Staff to improve early updating & better performance :P

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:24 pm said:

The reason why the store update is tking so long is becuase a publiser sent them a game out to late.. they usally update around 5;45- 620 pst time or 8;45 9 30 est. There is no diffinate time for ps store update that thats the avg time from last yr, which about accurate .

Bit agree they reall need to hurry up.. I thought it was going update this morning at this pace, :).. sorry bad joke..

mcbuttz78
vp psn legioniarre group

+ marlyt on February 21st, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

@JoeTheBeast16
I feel your pain bro. My sons are headed off to bed now (central time) very disappointed that they can’t play with “the cool cards.” I get it that there’s a lot of content this week but shouldn’t that be planned for in advance? That’s what I do at work. If I didn’t…well…ya know what would happen. But on the bright side, think of the fun you and your daughter will have tomorrow when you get home. Peace.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

@ 78 that is hilarious Lmaooo

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

@82 you got any proof of that? Why can Microsoft update live every week the exact same time early and Sony cannot? Sounds like excuses to me.

+ marlyt on February 21st, 2012 at 7:31 pm said:

Also they shouldn’t have packed in literature with the Vita about AR games if they’re really not available at launch. If that’s not the case because we got the system early, then leave it out. I love my vita and I hope it does well but there are communication gaps and errors a plenty surrounding this launch. Sony really should start answering some questions about cross and remote play or at least tell us “I do not know…I will find out.” That’s all I expect.

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 21st, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Lets do this

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

@ master of puppet becuase ms get the game 2-3 days some times a week ahead of psn they get the game in 1-3 day, and the next day they have to have it up its not as easy as it look. Plus every thing goes through sercurity now,

Also they(devs) put delay time restraints on games. like we might x game 1 hrs late or 2 hrs later.. the gaming industry is screwd up like that. You can thank the ms xbots for that..I cant make(ps staff) excuses for them becuase they do need to hurry up and Also idont work for sony or them. :).. I think this time restraint and give us the game 1 hr -2hrs later crap needs to stop..

It bad for buisness.. and for gamer as a whole.. it just goes to show you ,,money is more important the gamer. Thats how xbox does buisness. SOny does not do free market bidding as much as xbox does

+ waterguy469 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

it’s almost 11:00pm EST, I don’t think it’s updating today.

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

Just stop saying the update is on Tuesday, because this late.. when people have to go to bed and can’t really get the update till Wed. does not a Tues. update make. Just Sayin’. I want that SSX demo now!! D;

+ DarqueDragon on February 21st, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

Any idea when the store is going to update? I will can’t find this episode, and it is already almost 11pm here, with no store update. This is very annoying. The store never updates at the same time.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

oh yeah jimmyfoxhound?

#<( '-'’-’ )># but then I was like, ( >’#”-’< ) so I ate it.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

damn it get posted totally wrong :C

+ kenj77 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

I think that because they’re adding the Vita sections to the store that is the reason for the looooong delay for the update today. I know that around 3:00 PM pacific time they were doing maintenance to the PS store.
Hopefully soon for the store update.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

#<( '-'’-’ )># but then I was like, ( >’#”-’< ) so I ate it.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

@** ROFl you expect me to believe that? MS gets the games early Sony does not? For what purpose so MS can update live a few hours before? LMAO that’s ridiculous and BS. Post proof or I call lies.

It’s because Sony makes good hardware but struggles with the network and services around it. MS is a software company Sony hardware and it shows.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 7:50 pm said:

@96, yeah and struggles a lot :/ I’d prefer to have the option to pay a monthly fee to have a better network system like live. Don’t give much krap to intergame chat, just want to play my games lag free :(

+ NateDtail91 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:51 pm said:

hmm waiting for update but in the mean time watching kung fu majhong 2 with my wife recommend it to people that dont mind reading subtittles.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 7:51 pm said:

@master of puppets its been said before..by gaming devs why the ps store delays.. it most becuase of gaming time restraints on certain games.

I like to remind and everyone you that cod did this so did bf3 for us.. we got the bf3 maps 2 hours earlier than the xbox guys. the cod guys got a map thing 2 hrs than we did before. Some games have time restraints on them.

Ther wil nvr be any proof of why the store comes up late from psn staff anymore. Becuase they wont say but they did tell us1 time last yr when store updated at 3 am the next day one time why.. Aslo the cod dev guy admitted it as true..

+ WoundedUnderwear on February 21st, 2012 at 7:52 pm said:

@mcbuttz78

It doesn’t matter how this whole thing works. It all come down to MICROSOFT can get XBL update on time every week. SONY should learn from MS. Theres no excuses for SONY.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6