PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Tester 3 Episode 3: Make Like Drake

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Feb 21, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Last week’s Twisted Metal inspired episode of The Tester 3 really pushed our gamers as the two teams scrambled to build a replica of Sweet Tooth’s ice cream truck under the intense scrutiny of David Jaffe. If you missed it, catch the full episode right here!

Week 3 tests their ability to overcome obstacles and stay focused in a challenge inspired by UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss for PS Vita. Golden Abyss’ creative director John Garvin visits from Sony Bend Studio to evaluate each team’s performance in the most demanding challenge of the season thus far. And this week, the winning team gets to spend some quality time with Nathan Drake himself, Nolan North. But the fun and games abruptly end during this week’s intense elimination.

Speaking of PS Vita, beginning with today’s PlayStation Store publish, The Tester 3 will be available to watch on PS Vita’s beautiful 5” OLED screen. You can catch up on the first two episodes on PS Vita as well.

Check out this week’s preview of episode 3 below, and watch the full episode here. You can download in HD and SD from the PlayStation Store when today’s update is published.

We’re also set to launch our third Twitter giveaway for The Tester 3! This takes place next Monday, February 27. Follow @PlayStation to participate. Congratulations to @kancer for winning this week’s prize package!

For next week, the prize package is themed around the UNCHARTED series:

• The Tester 3 t-shirt
  • 1 month PlayStation Plus voucher
  • “UNCHARTED: Drake’s Journal” autographed by Nolan North
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack
  • UNCHARTED Notebook

As a reminder, please allow fans the chance to enjoy the show by NOT posting any spoilers in the comments below, or in the PlayStation forums.

+ novistadorknight on February 21st, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

@140
Naci en Mexico y yo a vivido en los Estados Unidos para 18 anos. Ahorita estoy viviendo en Mexico!!! But yeah man shes annoying as hell and when she talks she sounds nasally congested or somethin’ lol

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

@142, all hot air no proof.

@141, other companies dont have these issues why does Sony? No one is not saying they are not working hard, but PSN updates are poor and intrusive. Sony’s infrastructure is behind the times from a network and service perspective.

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

Yeah, stop the whining!

The PS Store didn’t update for 5 WEEKS last spring!

This is nothing by comparison! Keep up the good work Sony!

+ supervegeta566 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

@134 Yea she seems like the stereotype people have of latino women. I actually do hope she’s the next to get kicked off the show.

+ BatrozX on February 21st, 2012 at 8:34 pm said:

I thought this PSStore update was supposed to come out on feb. 21st and it’s Feb 22 right here, 12:30am, no update whatsoever. I’ve been dying to download the facebook, twitter, netflix apps. I can only imagine people in the east coast getting a bit pissed off for buying the Vita at midnight and not getting everything they expected to get day one. (Also…this is my first comment here)

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 21st, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

@ Jaimes_Bond:

If you only knew how silly your comment was, you’d be ashamed of yourself.

I moved out of the house when I was 18. I’m 32 now. I live in a condo and pay all my own bills and buy all my own toys. Silly boy…

Now what? What’s your next retort? Got anything left? Just keep waiting for YOUR SSX demo. Yeah, YOUR demo. It’s all YOURS, buddy. They made it just for YOU. See, your choice of words is what exposed you as a spolied brat with a grotesque sense of entitlement.

+ nicadeemus on February 21st, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

@144 I did have tv shows to watch and books to read, 3 hours ago. I finished my book and watched any show worth watching tonight.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

@150 yeah that sure proves SOny’s network is top notch ROFL.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

@148 ah Mexico :) tengo que conecer algun dia. Yo vivo en Brazil, proximo a são paulo. Tienes sorte de conecer Estados Unidos por un tiempo, me gustaria mucho vivir e trabajar por la. Me adiciona en su psn mi account es KejoKiller :) we can play something later if my lame isp let me :/

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

“Hey everyone,

Going to make sure this gets reviewed. I can’t speak to what the issues might be at this particular time (not in the office); I know it must be frustrating to not be able to get to the content you and I are all looking forward to. The frustrations here won’t go unnoticed, but while I can’t promise overnight results, I can promise to get this under the microscope. immediately.

– morgan”

Sony speaketh!

+ novistadorknight on February 21st, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

@151
Yes, some people that have gone home already shouldnt of gone home before Syuskaiden!!!!

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

one thing we’re all forgetting, PlayStation runs in PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

meaning, that the deadline for the store update is by midnight THEIR time, not ours. So long as it’s still Tuesday in CA, it still counts.

The deadline is… 12am Pacific time, 1am Mountain Time, 2am Central Time and 3am Eastern time.

10pm in Hawaii and 11pm in Alaska

so, save your gripes for after the clock passes midnight in THEIR location. More fair and valid that way.

+ waterguy469 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

A 32 year old that finds humor in other peoples complaints…

Ok.

+ Teflon02 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

Wow I’m -5:00 eastern Canada/US Time and it’s almost the 22nd, We have a midnight launch, so people are getting the Vita before the update comes smh WOW I feel sorry for Pacific Time

+ supervegeta566 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

So who do I file a grievance with?

+ novistadorknight on February 21st, 2012 at 8:43 pm said:

@156
hey man add me novistadorknight i wont be on my ps3 for about another 3 weeks because my tv finally busted(it was like 20 years old) and in 3 weeks ill be back in the US so I can play then!!! Ha eschuchado muchas cosas buenas de Brazil, algun dia voy a ver el pais con mis propios ojos

+ PuppetShoJustice on February 21st, 2012 at 8:43 pm said:

Perhaps Sony should spend less effort on its crappy reality TV show and more effort on getting the store updates on an actual schedule.

+ dougatt on February 21st, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

Alright. Rather than just complaining about the update being so late. I thought maybe I could make a suggestion that might help. Move the update team to the east coast. It would immediately cut three hours off whatever the problem is almost weekly.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

gonna start making yo mama jokes from 10 to 10 minutes if this update doesn’t get online o.O

starting…… now: yo mama is so poor that she rub cologne from magazines on her shirt .. And when they say “Oh you smell good, what is that?” she say “Page 5″

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 21st, 2012 at 8:45 pm said:

@ waterguy469:

Elaborate. Please. Amuse me.

Your vague expression only left me wanting more.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:46 pm said:

@ master of puppets if would except what im sayin gin stead of calling me a liar then you have seen me say they poseted it on the blog also the cod dev said so.. Its in the archives here of store updateon ps blog I just told you whre to look

I have agreed with you on alot of points. Why so hasty with your comments. If dont want belive it then dont. Just know i just as much as psn staff. Heck>> i could even give next wks update if I wanted too.. But since you wont beileve me .. there no need for that is there..?

agn I dont work for sony or psn s.. I dont make excuses for sony and psn. I just told you the problem if you dont to understand and except then all means dont

Dont go back and forward with me saying things that dont need to be said trying to bring others out the character..

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:46 pm said:

@166, lol. that was corny but I still laughed

+ Emerald_Swords on February 21st, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

****Spoiler@!!!!

Im Glad Egoraptor is out, the majority of his fans aren’t very bright..

+ that_sterlin_kid on February 21st, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

Almost 10 minutes until Midnight with no update… Really? I’d love to get some apps/AR games for the Vita I’ve already had for a week now, get my Saints Row: The Third DLC, and enjoy a couple demos. But no… It seems that for the last month or so now the store has been updating later and later… -_-

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 8:50 pm said:

@168 I Am not accepting a word from you, why should I,don’t see anything to back it up, you’re just defending Sony. Sorry I need proof, what you said is very unlikely.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:50 pm said:

# 165 we suggested that already many of times . Its not do_able for them becuase sony head quater is onthe west coast . santa monica to be exact.. it faster for them to this(updates) ..( thats what they claim anyway).. Its a great ideas… i really hope it happen sooner than later.

Becuase they do have head qauter in ny.. I really dont see why its wouldnt work.. ..

+ novistadorknight on February 21st, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

@170
WORD UP! I wanted him out since Episode 1

+ Bad_Brains on February 21st, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

Sony needs to set a REASONABLE time and stick to it every week. These late updates are ridiculous. Maybe try preparing these store updates in advance on Mondays and having them ready to go for Tuesdays so we are not stuck waiting all night long.

Theres my venting. Back to playing Vita and waiting for my Unit 13 demo -,-

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 21st, 2012 at 8:52 pm said:

awww man mark your spoilerz!!!!!!!1 ZOMGOSH!!! What next, you gonna tell me Grace Chen doesn’t update the store today?? BAH!! >______<

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 8:54 pm said:

well 10 minutes have passed, here it is another yo mama joke to bring joy and happiness and unicorns and kittens and puppies or whatever makes you happy when you’re not waiting for updates:

yo mama is so fat, that if I had to pick five of the fattest people i know, She’d be three of them.

ps. i’m not crazy, my mother had me tested ;P

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 8:55 pm said:

@173 more excuses being on the west coast is irrelevant people can work different hours. Start earlier. There is no excuse.

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 21st, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

@ supervegeta566:

I haven’t watched an episode of this show and probably never will, but I saw a couple trailers and I agree the Asian girl is definitely the cutest one…

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

you have time to look in ps blog store archieves updates and see what im talking about. nothing is stopping you from doing so.. Its not like your going to miss the store update.. I told you where to look. @masterof puppets

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

It Only Does Late Updates

+ gerardvstheworld on February 21st, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

IAn Interview with The Tester 3’s @RealityPales http://shar.es/g2mHq

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

@179 ah come on man, now you just want to contradict everyone, that girl has the crazy eyes dude. estas loco

+ supervegeta566 on February 21st, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Maybe this joke will cheer you guys up.

“I used to be a Playstation Plus subscriber, until I took a arrow to the knee”

Look its all I had ok.

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 8:59 pm said:

@ supervegeta566

LOL

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

176 . Hey wassup jimmyfoxhound.. How you been

+ Johacamigames on February 21st, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

I love you and all Sony but the last 3 weeks (including this one) has been weird… 3 straight weeks of no update until at least 10pm Eastern Time with today going PASSED Midnight.. what’s going on?

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

@183 lol classic one, to keep the spirit here comes another one:

the complaining rate about psn updates IT’S TOO DAMN HIGH!

+ that_sterlin_kid on February 21st, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

It’s now Wednesday on the East Coast and the store hasn’t updated. Pretty upset/annoyed/disappointed.

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 21st, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

@ KejoKiller:

Ha… I have no clue what you’re talking about. She looks like a cutie to me.

Although, I do have a thing for Asian girls in general… maybe I’m biased. :)

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

Welp, it is now wednesday for a chunk of the US & Canada. Let’s get this party started!

+ dougatt on February 21st, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

@mcbuttz78 then they should start on Monday lol. I understand that this is likely to be a huge update what with the vita games and all. But it’s not just this week man. It’s more like 2 or 3 weeks out of each month. It is the only complaint I have with psn at all actually. Either way Sony should understand the perception among many is that they update the store whenever the hell they feel like it. Right or wrong that’s the image they put out. And only they can change it.

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

I Am Dissapoint

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:03 pm said:

@188 it’s still Tuesday at PlayStation HQ for another 3 hours

+ KwietStorm on February 21st, 2012 at 9:03 pm said:

Who’s up for a million man march to Santa Monica, torches in hand?

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 9:03 pm said: