PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Tester 3 Episode 3: Make Like Drake

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Feb 21, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Last week’s Twisted Metal inspired episode of The Tester 3 really pushed our gamers as the two teams scrambled to build a replica of Sweet Tooth’s ice cream truck under the intense scrutiny of David Jaffe. If you missed it, catch the full episode right here!

Week 3 tests their ability to overcome obstacles and stay focused in a challenge inspired by UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss for PS Vita. Golden Abyss’ creative director John Garvin visits from Sony Bend Studio to evaluate each team’s performance in the most demanding challenge of the season thus far. And this week, the winning team gets to spend some quality time with Nathan Drake himself, Nolan North. But the fun and games abruptly end during this week’s intense elimination.

Speaking of PS Vita, beginning with today’s PlayStation Store publish, The Tester 3 will be available to watch on PS Vita’s beautiful 5” OLED screen. You can catch up on the first two episodes on PS Vita as well.

Check out this week’s preview of episode 3 below, and watch the full episode here. You can download in HD and SD from the PlayStation Store when today’s update is published.

We’re also set to launch our third Twitter giveaway for The Tester 3! This takes place next Monday, February 27. Follow @PlayStation to participate. Congratulations to @kancer for winning this week’s prize package!

For next week, the prize package is themed around the UNCHARTED series:

• The Tester 3 t-shirt
  • 1 month PlayStation Plus voucher
  • “UNCHARTED: Drake’s Journal” autographed by Nolan North
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack
  • UNCHARTED Notebook

As a reminder, please allow fans the chance to enjoy the show by NOT posting any spoilers in the comments below, or in the PlayStation forums.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

@189 I have nothing against asian girls, I actually like then a lot (don’t care they don’t have the best boobs/arse ratio in the world) but I don’t know, this girl looks strange to me. PrimeroIncognito is not english is it? where you from dude?

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 9:05 pm said:

Sony never stops giving people reason to complain….

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:05 pm said:

yo Sony I’m happy for you, and I’m’a let you finish, but, ummmm…

crap, I can’t use this meme because no one I know of has had later updates than Sony. lol

+ Blade133 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:05 pm said:

@Kejo

Yo mamma’s so fat, when her beeper goes off, people think she’s backing up!

Also, I just found the SSX demo by searching “ssx.” You can probably find some of the content that way. Have fun!

+ Johacamigames on February 21st, 2012 at 9:05 pm said:

Guys the thing is, it doesn’t matter if it’s still 9 over there.. their store used to be updated by 6pm EST back then (they just stopped doing that on the last Tuesday of January and has been like this ever since then)

+ I-is-Troll24 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:06 pm said:

omg….. it’s 9pm PST and still no update…..thanks Sony, I was hoping to play the SSX demo today, but no; instead I had to do my research essay for english because the PSstore can’t update on time……… oh yeah and happy wednesday to people on the east coast

+ waterguy469 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:06 pm said:

It’s updated! Everything is now available via search!

+ RahCailum on February 21st, 2012 at 9:06 pm said:

@177 oh man thats too much bro!!… you know what…. I’ma tell my mama right now lol!

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:07 pm said:

technically, Sony has NEVER given us a set time for the Store Update besides “it’s on Tuesdays”

and as long as it’s still Tuesday in California, the update is not late. It will not be Wednesday at PlayStation HQ for another 3 hours, so until that time, the update isn’t “late”

by technical definition.

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 21st, 2012 at 9:07 pm said:

I tried searching for Grace Chen on the store and it freaking bricked my PS3!! SONYYYYYYYYYYYY >:O

+ Wolvenfoxx on February 21st, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

Come on everyone, if sony can’t update the twisted metal website for the NOS promos since the 14th what makes you think the psn store will be updated this week?… its 9pm pacific time…. no update. I really wish annonymous or some new game console company takes microsoft and sony down a peg or two. No hope for sega.. COME ON MITSUBISHI!

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

@205 whats your point? Thats the PROBLEM. MS updates the same time EVRERY week why can’t sony, Sony makes Great hardware but the service and network around it is way behind.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

@200 omg forget to make the 10 min yo mama joke. Here it is another one:

Yo mama so poor your family ate cereal with a fork to save milk.

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

@ jimmyfoxhound

bwahahahahhahahaha!!!!

+ nicadeemus on February 21st, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

They really did put the 3rd episode of the Tester on there. I just don’t understand how they missed everything else. I didn’t subscribe to PS+ to watch episodes of the tester.

+ Johacamigames on February 21st, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

@205 Just saying something fishy is going on over there if the last 3 weeks they have been putting it up later than expected.

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:

Ninty updates at 10 a.m. every thursday morning as scheduled. If a company who’s online is as backwards as theirs can update regularly, what does that say about SCEA? :(

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:

@191 I agree.. they run on pst time. its not fair to east coast time. psn gamers who look forward to this and want to x game or content asap.. Agn they run on west coast time, i agree they should be giving us a time. i f i remeber correct ps sub should have gotten the update before non subs. ..

I would like to know if any psn sub have auto update of the psn store and did they get anything today.?? Becuase they should have,, Thank you advance

Mcbuttz78
vp-psn legioniaree group

+ I-is-Troll24 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

forget my previous complaint… looks like i’ll be able to play the SSX demo and i got my homework done. it’s a win win, thanks to the person who discovered the demo in the search bar, i praise thee

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

@213 agreed.

+ nicadeemus on February 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

@ 205 When you do something almost every Tuesday, for several years, around the same time, it’s expected.

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

@mastorofpuppetz

PSN is free and you get what you pay for. and no, you can’t use PS+ as an excuse, you’re paying for free games and discounts with that, not faster updates.

Point is, complaints becomes less valid when the service is free.

if you had to choose would you rather have late updates and free PSN? or sooner updates and PSN cost $60 a year?

+ Emerald_Swords on February 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

They seriously need to aknowledge this to us, this is unacceptable.

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 21st, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

@ KejoKiller:

Born and raised in Southern California. I’m half white, half hispanic.

A little Mexican hottie I know calls me “Primero”… so, that’s why I put that in my username. I use “Incognito” on other forums, but when I signed up for PSN, it was already taken, so I put the Primero in front. Although now I wish I could change my name… I have a better one in mind…

+ InFAMOUS_Noba on February 21st, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

@ 200 thanks i found it

+ Johacamigames on February 21st, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

Well I’m out, found the Saints Row DLC by searching it… thanks to the person who suggested it.

+ Link01 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

Alright, I’m typically one to not complain about this but common guys.. you just launched the Vita. REGULATE THE STORE UPDATES. Seriously! Part of my current job involves uploading data to a network. It’s not THAT hard to know how long certain amounts of data will take to transfer over to your Network. Seriously, this has gone on for far too long. It’s Wed already, and there isn’t an update. People are excited and anticipate this stuff. Keeping them up late in excitement mid-work/school week is not fair to us. Get this crap together for the sake of respect!

+ Remmulak on February 21st, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

@200 Yes you are right…was trying that all night…so it just got up there.

+ InFAMOUS_Noba on February 21st, 2012 at 9:17 pm said:

¬¬ ok so since the store is not updated fully ok search for SSX or naruto or SR3 for dlc and should come up enjoy

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:17 pm said:

well, if some things are appearing in the serach this means they’re putting online the update, finally!

aaaand another yo mama joke

Yo mama so stupid she put paper on the television and called it paper view

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:17 pm said:

Everyone just search what you rlookin g for in the psn store search game feature or w/e// it shopuld be there..

it updated it just has not been postd… thank you..

+ jgrizzle358 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:18 pm said:

once the update finally publishes it’s gonna go 1 of 2 ways.

1. the downloads will be super slow because everyone who has been waiting will flock to the store right away and download stuff.

or

2. the downloads will be super fast because everyone got sick of waiting and went to bed. lol.

either way I’ll probably still be up, can’t sleep. too excited for the Vita!!!! :D

+ ReptileHand on February 21st, 2012 at 9:19 pm said:

Wait wait wait… Egoraptor is out? Oh then I guess the Tester just became a lot more… dull. He was the only bright person out of the bunch compared to everyone else…. I feel sorry for the game company that has to take in any one of those idiots playing on the tester. Egoraptor is awesome. If you looked at his bio, he didn’t brag, rap, or call anyone out. He just had fun with it. I swear it’s rigged, but of course, someone as good as him has to leave. We can’t really have nice things.

@megamixer
Ok, It’s good to have SOME feedback at least. I mean, if they would actually talk with us during the delay it would ease my pain to know that they are aware of how miserable we feel. You see the real problem is, oh we have nothing better to do then wait around for an update… well we had all day to do stuff and maybe no good shows are on. Its the fact that we were promised an update this evening (just like every tuesday, mostly late) and we never got it. The last update that was this late (midnight) was in octobergedden (specifically the tuesday when Dungeon Defenders was published). Of course this IS a free service, heck, I would pay MONEY to have a better XMB, and a better PS store.

+ Blade133 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:19 pm said:

NOTE:

You can also search the Vita store and find some content there. I just found LiveTweet by searching “twitter.”

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 21st, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

Ok I’m done complaining, see you guys next Tuesday!!

+ ZERO_169 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

I don’t see how anyone could hate Egoraptor

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

@ReptileHand
Ego will be more internet famous and make more money doing his youtube videos than any of the Tester winners who have since disappeared from the face of the earth. They probably had him in as a contestant for the publicity and nothing more, which likely worked out well for both parties. As they say, there’s very little real about reality tv.

+ supervegeta566 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:24 pm said:

Well I’m glad we can at least find the content via search because I was just getting ready to email a stern badly grammarized letter to Sony.

I seriously dont even know if grammarized is even a word but it sounds like it is so deal with it.

+ Johacamigames on February 21st, 2012 at 9:24 pm said:

@jimmyfoxhound Hopefully not at this same time in 7 days ;)

+ Emerald_Swords on February 21st, 2012 at 9:25 pm said:

I don’t hate Egoraptor, i just don’t think he was suited for this show.

+ WoundedUnderwear on February 21st, 2012 at 9:26 pm said:

Been playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for the pass 3-4 hours on my PS3 waiting for PSN to UPDATE !!!

I understand you guys can run into problem but at least give us a FREAKING ANSWER on why!!! Instead of keeping your mouth shut as always. I don’t understand why SONYcan’t have a SET TIME on PSN UPDATES. MICROSOFT seem to be doing fine with theres.

Until SONY start given me a answer and start caring for theirs customers!!!! I am buying all my games on XBL from now on and only buying exclusives on PSN. SONY you just lost a lot of money from me.

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 9:26 pm said:

@mcbuttz78
How can I know what to search for without a list? “The Drop” is often incorrect, and never comes close to displaying every single game, demo, video, dlc, avatar, theme, price adjustment, etc in the coming update.

+ ZERO_169 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

I seriously don’t think they pick the most qualified people for this show anyways. So seeing Egoraptor get voted in was pretty awesome.

+ supervegeta566 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:28 pm said:

@232 I dont hate Egoraptor but he is clearly not a Playstation gamer. Dude only had like 12 trophies. He truly didnt deserve to be competing on the show.

+ JoeTheBeast16 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:28 pm said:

everything is up except the facebook app,
Or at least it’s not findable by searching for “facebook”
Maybe it’s got a different name for the app?
Like… Veni Vidi Face Vita Book.
I doubt it, But at this point, I’m just happy that i’ve got everything else downloading.
I still wish we could get some details on the Crossplay games that we are supposed to get for free for the Vita if we have the ps3 versions

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:28 pm said:

@whoever sad that egoraptor was the one going out, i hate you, i was expecting that the spanish girl get burned this episode, that girl really annoys me :/ and she can be annoying in two languages………..

+ ZERO_169 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:29 pm said:

lol at least she is nice to look at

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 9:30 pm said:

@supervegeta566
“Dude only had like 12 trophies.”
Don’t judge people by their trophy list. Trophies didn’t even exist until nearly 2 years into the PS3s lift. PS1, PS2, PSP don’t have trophies. That arguement is terrible.

+ XFRod on February 21st, 2012 at 9:31 pm said:

Thanks for the spoiler ReptileHand… Maybe, you should change your name to SummersEve.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:32 pm said:

@243 yep, from a sound safe distance using binoculars, cause when she opens her mouth urgh >.< I think i'm a little spoiled about woman cause i'm not finding that girl any nice …. can find more hotties in my college bar than in this show, that's for sure

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6