Far Cry 4

Journey: The Trophies

Randall Lowe's Avatar + Posted by Randall Lowe on Feb 27, 2012 // Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

Character_Closeup_Sandy_Scarf

We are just a few weeks away from launch and I’m here to unveil the Trophies that you can look forward to collecting during your Journey. In a few short weeks, you will be able to earn all 14 trophies, a few of which fans of thatgamecompany games will be sure to recognize. Be warned: the Trophy list below could contain spoilers!

As we venture closer to the game’s release on March 13th, we’ll be bringing more news and updates, as well as sharing the insights thatgamecompany had in creation this one-of-a-kind interactive experience. We hope you are as excited about the upcoming release as we are, and I look forward to seeing you online!

Graveyard_1P_Shout

Journey: The Trophies

Threshold: Cross the broken bridge without completely rebuilding it.
Mirage: Find the hidden desert flower.
Explore: Discover all cloth creatures in the desert.
Adventure: Pass through 15 gates while surfing through the sunken city.
Trials: Sneak through the underground passage without tearing your scarf.
Ancestors: Find a mysterious creature hidden in the temple.
History: Uncover all 10 ancient glyphs.
Crossing: Reach the summit with a companion and return to the beginning.
Rebirth: Finish the game and return to the beginning.
Companion: Finish the game with the same partner for the majority of the journey and return to the beginning.
Reflection: Sit and meditate with another player for more than 20 seconds
Wonder: Meet 10 or more unique travelers.
Return: Start the journey again after a week long break.
Transcendence: Collect all unique glowing symbols across one or more journeys.

42 Comments

+ bigdaddykraven on February 27th, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

The sooner you release this game, the sooner you get my money! I want it now.

Lol, I love the big blockbuster games but something about these smaller titles still feels fulfilling. That Game Company continues to put out quality work on the PSN and they are masters at their craft. I love their artistic style, as a graphic designer I can really appreciate the work of their artists.

+ G-Force08 on February 27th, 2012 at 7:09 am said:

I’m assuming with only 14 trophies, there will be no platinum?

That’s fine anyway, I’ll be getting the game regardless. :)

+ Blade133 on February 27th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

I love the Flow and Flower references. Though having trophies pop up will detract my immersion in the game, I understand that they’re required. It’s times like this where I really wish you could turn off trophy notifications.

+ BigRon3400 on February 27th, 2012 at 7:34 am said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!

+ zombie9 on February 27th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Ha, I’m not much of a trophy hunter but that Return trophy is funny you have to stop playing it to earn it. (; got a weird feeling.

+ PHA4Life on February 27th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

y put them on now? a little late and wheres the platinum? replay 2 out of 5

+ Strider-Keni- on February 27th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

No platinum :( ?

+ PHA4Life on February 27th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

Sorry guys tht last comment was from my little bro… the games looks nice and The Trophies yet short look like fun but one thing i do agree on is why no platinum Trophy? and y tell us to stay away for a weak “Return: Start the journey again after a week long break” is the game that short ???

+ Butters360 on February 27th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

I cannot wait!

+ Blade133 on February 27th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

PHA4Life

Replay value shouldn’t be determined by trophies. A good game encourages you to experience it again through design, not superficial bragging rights.

+ ReefrRulz on February 27th, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

@PHA4Life
This is a PSN download title So there is No Platinum as with about 99% of downloadable titles. If a game has less then 20 trophies. It generally will no have the platinum.

+ MARLLOW-X on February 27th, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

Any chance of porting this (or any other titles) to the Vita in the future? A portable Flower would be amazing.

+ Blkant on February 27th, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

It has been such a long wait…

+ Kanashimi on February 27th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

This looks amazing. A friend and myself are pretty much ready to play this entire thing when it comes out. I got a chance to play Level 1 (possibly 2) at CES, and it was really breath-taking.

+ Berae on February 27th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Cant wait for that game!!!

+ Trieloth on February 27th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

The trophies look like fun! I like going for fun trophies rather than a platinum.
But what would super freaking cool would be a Journey T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any out there to buy or even….. win (wink, wink)?

+ snakeeyes211 on February 27th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

I love flow and flower. 2 awesome games

+ saab01 on February 27th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Tell me this is going to be free for us Plus members. If not I am going to cry.

+ DeathGazer on February 27th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

2 more weeks!!! :D

Sad that this might be the last PlayStation exclusive from these guys. I’ll cry if their next game is for the stupid iPhone.

+ Angelshadow_7 on February 27th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

@ saab01 please cry….with me…

WHY U Journey taking so long! #meme

Common guys can you guys make a exception a release tomorrow and make that bazillion of money this week???!!! :D

+ YungShep on February 27th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

i’ve played this! at a Starhawk tournament in Austin a few months back…its so beautiful in person, the sand is incredible and the game is so relaxing, and challenging at the same time.

my only suggestion to you all. play it with the official playstation bluetooth headset. by far the best way to experience it. hands down

2 weeks to go!

+ megamixer on February 27th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

3 Silver, 10 Gold, 1 Platinum… similar to Spare Parts. Yes? Would be nice! Most likely 11 Bronze, 2 Silver, 1 Gold ala Flower.

“Return: Start the journey again after a week long break.”
That sounds familiar. Hm…
“Welcome Back: Play the game after a week long break.”
Continuity! :p

Can’t wait!

+ IPumpMyGun on February 27th, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

Anyone know how long Journey is?

+ Barajas_201 on February 27th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

is there going to be a disc based version? i don’t believe in digital downloads because the content isn’t exactly mine and there is just something about opening a new game and smelling the inside….does anybody do that as well? well um…its awesome

+ lisatsunami on February 27th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

@24, Barajas, what you’re smelling is some dooshie GameStop employee farting before reselling the case. Lol.

+ bir5586 on February 27th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this game since i first heard about it last year :]

+ lisatsunami on February 27th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

Oh, sorry Randall. I am really looking forward to Journey, I think Jenova is one of the few true geniuses in gaming –not quite an Ueda-San but on his way to that stature. I gave this post a 5 bars.

On Sunday, Jeff posted a Journey review so moving, it almost made me cry. I look forward to this experience.

+ fathead170 on February 27th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

looks great! day one sale here! whats next for thatgamecompany?

+ Mattotastic on February 27th, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Can’t wait for this!

+ Jedah_PR on February 27th, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

Can’t wait for this gem… Too bad it comes out a week after Mass Effect 3… which means I won’t play this until I’m done with ME3.

+ megamixer on February 27th, 2012 at 10:12 pm said:

@fathead170
Whats next is multi-platform development now that their 3 game exclusivity deal with PSN is up.

+ candycabngfl on February 28th, 2012 at 4:13 am said:

The game looks cool but given the choice I would opt out of all trophies along with 90% of the other clutter I find useless in the XMB.

+ Figboy on February 28th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

This needs to be on the Vita so bad!

It’s been such a long wait, I still can’t believe it’s finally coming out! Looking forward to it!

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 28th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

@24 Barajas, You could always pull your Hard Drive out of your PS3 after your download the game and hold that in your hands and take a big whiff… might smell the same. lol ;-)

+ diLesnokc on February 28th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

When is it going to be released?

+ TIDUSFOREVERX2 on February 28th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

did you read the article at all?

+ iiDtPartyii on March 1st, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

I can’t wait for it, i saw its review and it just looks AMAZING, although i heard the game is a little short, but whatever, can’t wait to play it

+ Phaetill on March 6th, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

Why do all these dudes keep asking for plat trophy? Almost all psn games / non full retails only have up to a gold,also who cares about trophys man,just enjoy the game.

+ XOleighXO on March 8th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

finished the game twice. ITS AMAZING! Better than Flower. having a good partner is much more fun than traveling solo. I am having a hard time finding the hidden creature at the temple. Its so dark I can’t see openings.

+ o-Harris on March 11th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

this game is more than amazing ;) finished it at least five times and am now a white towel cause i found all glowing symbols :)

the hidden creature is in the temple
the temple is the round building where you have to make all those glowing walls visible to reach the celing.
before entering the final level in this building fly down to the bottom room in the middle tower – ther you will find this hidden creature ;)

+ Massiso on March 11th, 2012 at 11:59 pm said:

Yes it was though to find, someone was cool enough to help me find it but the trick is not to on into the next level and glide down and you’ll see it floating around in one of the rooms in the middle tower. This game is totally worth the price! get it…

+ GrimTheCrow on March 13th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

When i got to the end, i cried. This game is like waking up after you lose your memory trying to figure out everything all over again. And it is beautiful.

I have loved thatgamecompany since the first flow (pc), and they are a huge reason that i bought ps3. I really got it for the indies :)