PS3-TLOU Left Behind

A Golden Fan of Escape Plan

Chris Millar's Avatar + Posted by Chris Millar on Mar 02, 2012 // CEO, Fun Bits Interactive

HolcombWin_01

Steven Holcomb shows he’s an Escape Plan Fan

Just days after the official release of Escape Plan on February 22, 2012, the Fun Bits crew was invited to Lake Placid, NY to watch the 2012 FIBT World Championship (for Bobsled & Skeleton). As avid fans of the high-speed event, it was awesome to be there and witness USA-1 barreling into the finish to win Gold…with a big fat Escape Plan sticker on Steven Holcomb’s helmet.

Steven Holcomb (2010 Olympic Champion and 5-time FIBT World Champion) is a total video game junkie and it was brilliant to see his massively prominent support for our “Lil” game.

Holcomb_02

After receiving his Vita last week, he told us: “Escape Plan is awesome. It’s all about trial and error and I can definitely relate to that, as crashing at 85mph is sometimes as unforgiving as the mishaps of Lil & Laarg in this game.”

Not only did Holcomb play the game, but he was also given a sneak peek at some of the future features coming to Escape Plan. “You guys are so creative,” he said. “I really like where Escape Plan is going next. The fact that all these characters are also walking around in black rubber suits well, that cracks me up, as they look so…oddly familiar.”

HolcombWin_05

Holcomb became the first U.S. bobsled driver in the history of the sport to sweep every event in one World Championship (2-man, 4-man & Team). At the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, Holcomb won the USA’s first 4-man gold since 1948, piloting “the Night Train.” Now that the season is winding down, Holcomb is stoked to get some more time for video games.

Holcomb-Millar

Steven Holcomb and Fun Bits Team Lead, Chris Millar

“My schedule is pretty crazy,” Holcomb said. “I’m in a different city every other week, so it’s fantastic to finally have a gaming system as powerful as the PS Vita to take with me for some serious gaming on the go. Thank you so much to Chris and the team for giving me something to look forward to now that the season is over.”

Video feed of the 2012 Lake Placid Event can be seen here.

Big thanks to Steve Holcomb and all the other fans who have reached out with their support on the game. If you haven’t yet picked up Escape Plan, it’s available now on PSN for $14.99. And if you didn’t catch it earlier, we did just drop the words: sneak peek and future features.

11 Comments   1 Reply

+ LilWayneSuckz on March 2nd, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

Congratulations! I hope you guys earn more success with “Escape Plan”

+ Budapesti on March 2nd, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

Weird. I came to check out the blog while Escape Plan is downloading to my Vita. Just purchased it, can’t wait to spend the weekend with Lil & Larg. :)

+ Curtisio on March 2nd, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

EP is great! Thanks for making this game.

DLC?

+ Green-Elf on March 2nd, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

Escape Plan is a great example of what Playstation means to me. Novel gaming ideas done well.

Way to go Fun Bits. Your game is excellent.

+ lisatsunami on March 2nd, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

You didn’t need to repeat yourself, I already yippee’d @ your phrase future features. I’m already stuck on a level. I need a wiki! I have trouble to consistently get Laarg to bounce thru those planked over spots. Do I poke his belly, his back? Squeeze? Shake or tilt my Vita? Swipe? What!

Chris Millar's Avatar

+ Chris Millar on March 2nd, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

@lisatsunami Swipe your finger in a downward motion over Laarg’s body, from the head to the toes – similar to the motion highlighted in the pop-up hint. This is how you initiate the Butt Smash move, let us know how that works out for ya ;)

+ smintja on March 2nd, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

@lisatsunami

Then you can do the same to me

+ lisatsunami on March 2nd, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

Those pop up hints go by too fast for me! Honestly, somebody start a wiki please. But thanks, Chris. Did you get my post last week that I rated this 5 stars on the store? Great little launch game for my sweet Vita. My PS3s are starting to get jealous, lol.

+ remanutd5 on March 2nd, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

omg i just beat Escape Plan great game guys , very good job , btw i think Fat Princess would have been a bigger hit on the vita than what it was on the psp , same goes to Motorstorm Arctic Edge

+ Explosio5 on March 2nd, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Very cool!

+ GGCAN on March 2nd, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

You convinced me Chris.

Bought the game and downloaded today.

+ DarkOne_PR on March 3rd, 2012 at 2:30 am said: