PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Assassin’s Creed III’s First Trailer

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Mar 05, 2012 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Hey there PlayStation Assassins!

After several years of work, by hundreds of some of the most talented developers on the planet, we are extraordinarily pleased to show you the very first official trailer for Assassin’s Creed III. Today, we’d like to offer a glimpse of the rich backdrop provided by the American Revolution, as well as sneaking in some details about our Native American protagonist: Connor.

Keep your eyes peeled for a certain historic figure you may recognize (trust me, he’ll be hard to miss)… and ponder his role both in a story of the foundation of a nation and the ceaseless conflict between the Templars and Assassins.

As previously announced, Assassin’s Creed III ships for PS3 on October 30, 2012.

66 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Dosx001 on March 5th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Too sick. XD

+ GGCAN on March 5th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

Thanks Gabriel !

Looks really nice.

+ LilWayneSuckz on March 5th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Hint: It’s George Washington

I need it nowwwww

+ whatisdelicious on March 5th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

If Benedict Arnold isn’t a Templar, then there will be a huuuuuge missed opportunity here. Also: I hear you can assassinate bears.

BEARS.

Game of the Year.

+ Untouchable_God on March 5th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

I skipped Brotherhood & Revelations But played and loved 2..And Will definitely buy This Day 1

+ Destiny89 on March 5th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

Looking good

+ Russiangiant54 on March 5th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Just Pre ordered it! i can’t wait ubisoft! you have my 70$ :)

+ jayrockslife on March 5th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

The trailer looked amazing!! Can’t wait for this!
I just stopped at GameStop to preorder and im picking up my steel book case later

+ xXtheicon67Xx on March 5th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

can some one tell me whers this take place ??????

+ Shrapnel__ on March 5th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

The Last of the Mohicans

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on March 5th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Hey Gabriel,

What can PlayStation 3 owners expect from AC III which is not possible on the other platforms? ..like following Bioshock Infinite’s lead and including free copies of Assassin’s Creed 1 and 2 on the Bluray ?

+ Russiangiant54 on March 5th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

im guessing england or america! god! i can’t wait!@$!@%@!#%#

+ jayrockslife on March 5th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

Oh, you guys really need a way to comment on the mobile site!

+ Thwip on March 5th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

First you played as Altaïr ibn La’Ahad, then you played as Ezio Auditore da Firenze and now you’ll play as … wait for it … Connor! I hope he has an exciting last name. :-)

Great looking trailer!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on March 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

wait, wait… assasin creed, assassin creed 2, assassin creed brotherhood (3), assassin creed revelation (4)
and NOW ASSASSIN CREED 3, IM BLAZED!!!

+ DoTheKiller91 on March 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Is the PS3 version going to have exclusive bonus like in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood’s Copernicus missions and Assassin’s Creed 1 on Revelations disc? Day one for me!

+ ICEJACKEL on March 5th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

AWESOME!

+ Butters360 on March 5th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

Remember. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I LOVE this franchise!

+ enoir_me_plz on March 5th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

This….is…going…to…be…EPIC!!

+ xBuTcHeRx on March 5th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

This game comes out in my birthday! :D
I know what I want!

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on March 5th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Is is just me or do the character models in this CG trailer look, how shall I say, dated? Nonetheless, the concept is intriguing and I’ll be following this to see how it pans out.

+ Hokage_45678 on March 5th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

The series is finally coming to a close ehhh. Sad I love the Assassins Creed game. I got all of them since 2007. Good to see its coming to an end. Hopefully its the longest one!

+ rufotattoous on March 5th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

looks terrible so far, specially the world story setting…

+ xXtheicon67Xx on March 5th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

yo hokage__45678 me to im sad the end for assassinn cred might start with a new seris lol but this got do with usa just like the new bioshock lol

+ xXtheicon67Xx on March 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

but aney ways aney one wants to add me they can do so.

+ ChaseHammerJ on March 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

I have to say, as a Pee Dee and Seminole Native, this game has really excited me. There arent many games that centralize on Native Americans. Cannot wait for October 30th.

+ TallCrowe on March 5th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

This comes out two days before my birthday. I will be purchasing it. Nice trailer. I remember that Mel Gibson movie that is based on.

+ saintaqua on March 5th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

I disliked the previous ones but this one looks too awesome to pass up.
Any PS3 exclusive content? What about Vita?

+ FearMonkey on March 5th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Looks awesome but I haven’t played Assassin’s Creed II, Brotherhood or Revelations yet.

Gabriel, do you think it’s possible for Ubisoft to release an Assassin’s Creed II collection that includes AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations? You could even fit them on one blu-ray disc I bet. I would buy that in a second. :)

+ lisatsunami on March 5th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

I love this series. Nothing more fun after a day of work than coming home and stabbing many people unnecessarily. I really enjoy the stealth aspects of this series. Of course I’ll buy this, especially with the steel case.

+ S-T-E-V-E-N1111 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

looks boss :) cant wait for it !!!!! put it in stores now !!!!!!!!!

+ abdirizak007 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Lol the game is comming to EU October 31, 2012.

And in the US October 30, 2012. :D :) :D

+ firedude7 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

@Baron_Von_Bonbon that’s not CG according to Ubisoft,that’s the new engine for the game! :)

+ Emerald_Swords on March 5th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

WOW! MINDBLOWN!

+ DROPGRAVY on March 5th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

I hope they really included conspiracy theory stuff with freemasons, templars, and illuminati ,

then it would be epic

+ excaliber45 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

It kind of saddens me; I thought it’d take place during the French Revolution but I guess it had to become an Ameri-centric series. “Oh the last hope for humanity is in Upstate New York.” -__- props for doing the series but I might not pick this one up

+ Skimple on March 5th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

Glad to see new story. Ezio was getting very stale for me. love the tree free running.

+ tonydamiani on March 5th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

O M G

cant wait

>_<

+ KILLO31 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

+ oliver-001 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Se mira padre este juego en realidad no he jugado ni uno xD

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on March 5th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

@firedude7 – I didn’t know this was the game engine running. I’m more impressed now than skeptical.

+ Vegaz220 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

Love it…. but some of the comments… SMH

FIRST OFF…. It takes place in America in1777 (It said the year in the beginning of the trailer) during the American Revolutionary War.

Second…..The Assassin is a Native American ..so his name will not be Connor Smith (or what not).

Third…… Benedict Arnold can’t start as a Templar. He was very patriotic when he was fighting, but let greed overtake his patriotism. That and the constant being passed up for promotion is what made him turncoat. I can see the story line if he decided to switch and become a Templar during the war.

I can’t wait… I wished they went to Asia or Africa before they brought the story of the fight between Assassins and Templars to the shores of the Americas.

+ ReptileHand on March 5th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Pre-ordering this later this week. I want that steelbook =)

Better be safe and go with Gamestop because they’ve held the only pre-order bonuses for the past 3 games.

+ Ryusennin on March 5th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

This whole American Revolution backdrop is so anticlimactic.

This has definitely convinced me to NOT buy this last episode.

+ smbw1 on March 5th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

i loved ac1 ac2 acb nut acr was a let down hopefully this will make up for it

+ KiDKiLLa606 on March 5th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

He goes by Connor, but his real name is …..
Ratohnhaké:ton.
Prounounced: Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo’.
-Danny

+ KiDKiLLa606 on March 5th, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

Oops, forgot the confirmation link.

+ TuttiCicero on March 5th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Personally, I’m utterly disappointed in the sell-out that is AC3. We were in europe for EVERY Assassins Creed prior to this one and then all of the sudden – 1777 AD The American Revolutionary war?!

I will not being buying this game specifically because of the setting. There is absolutely no ties from what has happened in the series to America UNLESS ubisoft is attempting to portray America as the start/end for all the corruption (Templar Knights) – which would be somewhat true and I would then reconsider.

+ MOPARFUL99 on March 5th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

OHHHH… MYYYY…. GOD… That looks absolutely incredible… I became very bored of the assassins creed franchise but this look phenomenal… I’m gonna have to buy this

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on March 5th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

Probably will be my only other purchase of the year for gaming. I really wish people would shut up about it being in America. It’s a great setting and perfect for the story to continue on. This is a game series. Not a movie.

PAGE 1 2