Minecraft PS4

How to Acquire Street Fighter X Tekken’s Exclusive PS3 Characters

Grant Luke's Avatar + Posted by Grant Luke on Mar 05, 2012 // Group Brand Manager, Capcom

Attention Street Fighter X Tekken fans and PlayStation 3 gamers!

Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and PS Vita: Cole

As previously announced, Mega Man and Pac-Man will be joining Cole from Infamous (as well as Toro and Kuro) as PlayStation 3 exclusive characters in Capcom’s upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken game. Playable characters Cole, Toro and Kuro are included on the disc and will be available to play when the game launches in North America tomorrow, March 6th.

Capcom’s Mega Man and Namco’s Pac-Man will be available as free downloads soon after, on Tuesday, March 13th. PS3 gamers…get ready…FIGHT!

41 Comments

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on March 5th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

As these characters are already on the disc that shipped to stores, people actually have these characters now.

….which then begs the question, why are Capcom allowed to charge a second time for content already paid for buy the customer?

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on March 5th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

oh your not charging now? my bad derp

+ playaplus on March 5th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

well thats okay, something came and i’ll have to wait til saturday to get the game anyway…i so wish i could have it now…

+ Princess_sarah17 on March 5th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

@ MP_is_for_Chumps

They were never going to charge for Pac-man or megaman

+ TallCrowe on March 5th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Then Capcom will nickel and dime you for the rest of the characters and release an ultimate edition six months which will have its own DLC.

+ bakerarmy on March 5th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

What is up with Mega Man???? He looks like a fat old guy with a crazy Fetish. Is he wearing a diaper under that costume…

I never laughed so hard in my life

Online gaming is cool, but at what cost? It has ruined the development and marketing of games. Day one DLC, Game Patch’s (because they can now release a buggy game and fix it post launch) and of course Online Passes.

+ saintaqua on March 5th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

I’m looking forward to the Vita version!

+ Elvick_ on March 5th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Hate that Mega Man with a passion… such a huge troll from Capcom. smh

If I pick this up, Qore made me super interested, then I’d get it on PSVita for the extra characters. :3

+ KwietStorm on March 5th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

What about the other Street Fighter and Tekken characters “found” to be on the disc? We acquire those with money, right? The characters already on the disc.. You know, Capcom, like Elena, Guy, Cody, etc. The usual fan treatment, right? And I thought Activision was bad.

+ hush404 on March 5th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

Considering Pacman and Megaman have been found on 360 discs of the game… leads me to doubt their exclusivity.

+ GearThird_Luffy on March 5th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

LOL megaman and pacman are NOT exclusive. There already on the disc of the 360 version. Also why is nemesis mode exclusive to 360 in resident evil operation when resident evil started on ps1? You trying to get sony fanboys mad?

+ GearThird_Luffy on March 5th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Resident evil operation has exclusive content on 360. Just letting everyone know.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on March 5th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

@ Princess_sarah17

why then the need for this “dlc” if they are already on the disc?

@ bakerarmy

I think TRUE dlc is when a developer finishes a game, moves on to something else, but then returns to create new content because of good sales, as a “Thank you for your support, now here’s something new” bonus to fans.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on March 5th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

@ GearThird_Luffy

i bet it comes to ps3 a month later as dlc

+ zombie9 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

@6 agreed all but your mega man Comment you never Played mega man 1 lol I’m old. Patches and DLC has ruined New Games. Totally agreed(; I play SF a lot in the late 80′s and we never had DLC or patches and you know what it was a lot better than today. it was just Fun (;

+ CommandingTiger on March 5th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

There’s cross-play vita and ps3, right?
I will be buying it online.

+ BlooodyCow on March 5th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

hey Scapcom,
I honestly hope you guys go bankrupt.
****http://www.destructoid.com/crapload-of-dlc-found-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-disc-223138.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Destructoid+(Destructoid)*****

+ BlooodyCow on March 5th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

hey Scapcom,
I honestly hope you guys go bankrupt.
****destructoid.com/crapload-of-dlc-found-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-disc-223138.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Destructoid+(Destructoid)*****

+ Emerald_Swords on March 5th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Regardless of their greed, cross platform looks awesome.

+ T-Cal on March 5th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

The Beans are spilled over the weekend……. Pac-Man, MegaMan, Elena, Guy, Cody, Jack, Blanka, Lei, & Bryan are on the disc plus the Alt. costumes. Tell Capcom to stop calling the crap, DLC! It’s really paid ULC(UnLockable Content). Damn Shame!

+ DarkOne_PR on March 5th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

When its the vita version coming? i thought it was going to release with its big bros! :(

+ DarkOne_PR on March 5th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

BTW capcom U fu&*^ed Up Mega Man Fans really hard… Everyone find it funny about that ugly ass fat mega man but fans are really piss off.

+ yoeun88 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

That megaman is awesome, I laughed so hard when I saw him and I am a megaman fan. I swear these fans can be such babies some times. You cant stay young forever you know?

+ crazy_gamer2323 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Can’t wait to play it on Friday payday!!!!!! It’s been a while that i haven’t played a Fighting Game I am very excited for this game :)

+ DCS-Tekken on March 5th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

WHAT?!?!?!?! We have to WAIT for PAC-MAN and Mega MAN WHAT!?!?!?!?!

That’s insane! Really WTH!

Well what am i susposed to beat up on till then? Oh yeah COLE! With Toro and Kuro…. HA HA!

+ TooTall19 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Someone needs to tell Crapcom DLC stands for Downloadable Content, NOT Disc-Locked Content.

+ Remmy8199 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

I could see adding Cole, but Pac Man? And a Mega Man who doesn’t even look anywhere close to Mega Man? This is just getting a bit ridiculous. Who’s next? Barney? I think I’ll skip this one and get Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

+ Remmy8199 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

And who are those other two? never even heard of them.

+ bakerarmy on March 5th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

@ MP_is_For_Chumps

You are correct, true DLC is more of a expansion pack. Look at Red Dead Redemption, sure it had some crap DLC but undead nightmare was a expansion. I look forward to Skyrim’s DLC (after they fix the PS3 version)

I am sick of Capcom and the way they charge for Re-Skins. I got UMvC for the Vita and still don’t get the complete game. 3.99 for costumes and even more for another character is terrible.

+ tino5282 on March 5th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Hahaha, I love how they made the original Megaman an aged and fat dude XD

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on March 5th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

No Nathan Cole, Sweeth Tooth, Nariko, Resistance alien, Killzone characters, Sackboy or PaRappa the Rapper!?! All that time put into making a videogame and you leave out characters. Choice is important. Fighting games need more variety of characters to choose from. You can add much more. Skimpy! Skimpy! Skimpy!

+ Matrix_Lion on March 5th, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

My Street Fighter X Tekken Fightstick came in the mail today. Tomorrow IT’S TIMEEEEEEEEE.

+ iTofuMan on March 5th, 2012 at 5:34 pm said:

Im pretty shocked they are getting it for free. its not like capcom at all. I guess thats good for people who are getting it. i might be getting the Vita version.

+ gus_xl on March 5th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

I’ll get it when the Super-Hyper Edition comes out in 3 months. I’m not going to go down the road I did with Street Fighter 4. As a fighting game fan, it does suck, but I can’t play ‘Keep Up with Capcom’s Paid Content’ anymore.

+ Tre-Jigz510 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:52 pm said:

for everyone hatin on the dlc heres capcoms statement, cuz reading sum ppls comments who dont knw wat there talking about is irritating me so to those here u go “Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after. The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did. More specifics regarding pricing, dates and other additional exciting DLC plans for Street Fighter X Tekken will be shared at a later date. As a reminder, the retail version of the game will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC.

+ Tre-Jigz510 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

also if u waiting for a “Super” version keep waiting cuz heres one more Quote from capcom “Separately, community manager Brett Elston suggests this will help Capcom avoid releasing a “Super” version of the game. “And while pricing details are still to come, I can at least say it’ll be a great value considering the size of the update – 12 new characters is pretty substantial, after all,” he said.

+ KingKannibal on March 5th, 2012 at 9:59 pm said:

I am going to buy it for the PS3 while I wait for the PS Vita version. Eitherway, my co-workers will be duking it out in the break room so I need to get my practice going!

+ pnov81 on March 6th, 2012 at 1:19 am said:

Mega Man and Pac-Man are on the 360 disc so they’re not exclusive to playstation, unless you mean timed exclusive.

Plus Capcom are greedy smelly people because of the way they sell themselves to the highest bidder.

+ BigGunZ071 on March 6th, 2012 at 5:37 am said:

how come i can only use cole in verses and not in arcade mode?

+ ASSHAT222 on March 6th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

That sucks that I have to wait a full week before being able to play as Megaman and Pacman. Now I have to mark my calender to remind me to download the characters….boo.

+ shadow_121 on March 13th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

DARN, ITS THE 13TH!!! WHERE IS THAT PLAY STATION STORE UPDATE, I WANT MEGA MAN AND PAC MAN!!!