PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Plus in March: Early Journey Access, Free Sly Cooper, Street Fighter and More

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 05, 2012 // Director, PlayStation Store

It’s another giant month for PlayStation Plus subscribers with early access to one of PSN’s biggest games, great free content, Mass Effect 3 Full Game Trial and much more.

bloghome_journey_030512

To start, we’re pleased to announce that Journey will be available to purchase 1 week early for PlayStation Plus subscribers. The game releases PSN-wide on 3/13, but you’ll be able to experience the full game tomorrow.

blogheader_sly_150_030512

To back up the early access to Journey, you’ll be able to download Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on 3/6, free with your subscription! Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (part of the Sly Collection) Is fully remastered in HD with Trophy support, this is the ultimate version of a true PS2 gem, and is available free to download in Plus. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix brings the definitive version of the Street Fighter II series and sports an unforgettable roster of fighters, redrawn in HD with online multiplayer to boot.

blogheader_supersf2_150_030512

Find more free content this month with PS one Classic Um Jammer Lammy, PS mini Bermuda Triangle, a Journey Dynamic Theme, and much more.

You’ll also find great specials and discounts this month with two great PlayStation Store events. The voting in this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards is coming to a close, and for 1 week starting 3/6, Plus subscribers will get a 50% discount on the winning games. If you missed out on any of the winners that were released 2011, that’s the time to grab them. If that wasn’t enough, the Spring Fever event, starting 3/13, features amazing new release PSN Games with discounts and/or exclusive items for Plus subscribers. Additional standalone discounts include special prices on the Bioshock 2 PS3 Full Game, Motorstorm RC, Phineas and Ferb: Across The Second Dimension PS3 Full Game.

As usual, PlayStation Plus subscribers get access to Online Game Saves and more free content than you’ll know what to do with. If you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, sit back and enjoy this month’s content. If you haven’t seen all that Plus has to offer for yourself, you can go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 and head to the PlayStation Plus section, or click here to purchase a voucher code online that will be emailed instantly to you to redeem in the PlayStation Store. Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

blogplus_030512

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription

Exclusive: Early Access – Journey – 3/6 ($14.99)
Free Games: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus – 3/6
Stick Up Kid – 3/13
Top Dawg – 3/13
Mexican Skulls Dynamic Theme – 3/13
Journey Dynamic Theme – 3/20
Discounts:
 PSN Games
MotorStorm RC – 3/6 (PS Plus Price: $7.49)

Bioshock 2 – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $14.99)

Bioshock 2 Complete Pack – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $20.99)

Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $31.99)
PlayStation Store Events –
More With Plus:
Gamers’ Choice Awards – 50% off on Winners – 3/6
Spring Fever Event – 3/13 – 4/3

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ remanutd5 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

how about Little Deviants or Hot Shot Golf vita for free ? are you guys planning to integrate ps vita on ps plus goodies ?

+ remanutd5 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

oh and i will be getting Motorstorm RC , Unit 13 and Journey tomorrow !!!

+ StealthReborn– on March 5th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

Keep up the great work guys! =)

+ DaMann22 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

WOW! I thought I was going broke tomorrow but Im getting Motorstorm RC free and a Sly game free!!! So a free game and (practically) a free platinum! Also I get journey a week early AND unit 13 comes out?!?!!? What will I play first?!?!

+ DZORMAGEN on March 5th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

PS Plus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

+ Nightmare142 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

Wow Sly Cooper, MotorStorm RC FREE! THANK YOU… THANK YOU

+ shinjix2 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

Sly Platinum here I come!!!!

+ notAzomby on March 5th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

is mass effect 3 going to be released at midnight on ps store? or do we have to wait for the usual update late on tuesday?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 5th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

We’re doing a special Store publish midnight at 3/6 for ME3. It’s a BIG game, so might want to start the download first thing! (Note: it’s for all of PSN, not a Plus thing.)

+ JonJonXD on March 5th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Um Jammy Lammy is probably the best part about this month for me. I’ve wanted to play that game for ages, and now I have it with my Plus subscription! woo!

The free games (though I already own them) are definitely great picks.

I can’t wait to see what’s going to be discounted from the Choice Awards and Spring Fever.

As always, keep up the good work.

However, I have one request. If you guys could increase the 150MB cap size for the cloud storage, it would be much appreciated. Games like the Dragon Age series have huge game saves, and I would love to be able to save my multiple characters and such on the cloud.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 5th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Thanks for the comments! We’ll be revealing the GCA winners shortly; hopefully you’ll find some great deals in there. As for Cloud Storage, we’ve got that feedback in mind

+ G__ROW on March 5th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Too many games to play… but that’s a good problem to have! :)

+ poodude on March 5th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Awesome, just the other day I was at the store contemplating purchasing the Sly Collection, now I get the first one free.

As others have said, I hope you guys plan to implement PS Plus into the Vita soon. With some of the following features:

- A PS Plus page in the Vita’s Store
- Ability to view all Plus content, including giving us the ability to select content to be downloaded to the PS3 from out Vita
- Discounts on PSP legacy titles
- Ability to view and download the free minis (and later, PS One titles) from the PS Plus Vita page.
- Give PS Plus members the exclusive ability to turn off the music that plays when the Vita Store is open. (Haha, just kidding, we should all have that option).

Just my thoughts, loving the system so far though :).

+ FaustsHausUK on March 5th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

I’m with remanutd5 – well about PS Vita, not Manchester United. :) I’d love some Vita goodies so I could justify subscribing, it seems PS3 owners get some amazing deals.

+ TomHoang on March 5th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Enjoy the easiest platinum in existence guys, Sly 1!

+ punkmusic2009 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

notazomby like everyone elese you have to wait until tues wow no games next week for free man every year plus get dumb

+ Boxster17 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Already have the Sly Collection but the first game is a great playthrough for those who haven’t checked it out yet. Most looking forward to Journey and Motorstorm RC tomorrow, can’t wait!

+ KidCommando on March 5th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

PS Plus is a MONSTER that can’t be stopped!

+ remanutd5 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

lmao at 12 faustshausUK , glory , glory man utd , we will once again be champions , city is feeling the pressure , anyways we need ps plus goodies on vita

+ M-Easy on March 5th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Another amazing update. Thank you SCEA. My PS+ sub has paid for itself 10x over already.

+ jimboiscool1 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

Whoa Sony Sly Cooper FOR FREE? I’m still playing last months free game,Far cry 2. I might get the collection but thanks guys :) Oh and maybe you can have the first Jak and Daxter free next month… I’m definitely getting that collection but I need something for the wait :P Thanks for a great plus update!!!

+ Strathmore on March 5th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

FINALLY A REASON TO ENJOY MY PLUS MEMBERSHIP ON MY VITA!

Now… about those warranty prices…

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on March 5th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

but wait…PSplus is not worth it!…………….LOL!

(sarcasm)

+ geist226 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Is everyone misunderstanding this post? Where does it say Motorstorm RC is FREE? Looks like a 25% discount to 7.49 to me.

+ KidCommando on March 5th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

@geist226

Motorstorm RC for the Vita is FREE through promotion.

Motorstorm RC for the PS3 is $7.49.

+ UnnDunn on March 5th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

Definitely going to pick up Sly Cooper for free, and maybe MotorStorm RC so that I can play it on my Vita.

+ DrPhiill on March 5th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

Toooo many games! good thing is that iv saved up money for times like this :D
Journey and Motorstorm will be a given, but then you toss Sly Cooper and Streetfigther at me along wit a trail of Mass Effect 3! Damn when will i find time for all these great games!
Now thats a problem i can live with ^^

+ Ebolaboi on March 5th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Awesome guys!! Keep up the good work! I don’t know why I bought SSF2T HD from another company. And Motostorm RC for my Vita! Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

+ ChipperVA on March 5th, 2012 at 8:29 am said:

All of this and Mass Effect 3!!! March is going to be an awesome month! Really looking forward to trying out Journey and seeing what won in Gamer’s Choice.

+ SilentShadowX2 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

Very Good Update.

+ MrBeatdown on March 5th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Not bad. Sly 1 is pretty cool, and I’ll get RC if I like the demo.

I’d like to see more free or reduced price content outside of PSN games. Mainly DLC for disc-based games. It seems like during all these sales, like the Gamers Choice or Spring Fever sales, it’s always just games on sale. And PS+ doesn’t offer a whole lot of DLC either. I think the last substantial DLC offering was the Uncharted 2 DLC before U3 released. Why not have a few annual DLC blowout sales? Or have sales to coincide with upcoming games. For example, have a sale on Mass Effect 2′s Arrival DLC to go along with the launch of ME3.

+ soundandvision77 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

Wow. Playstation Plus is really stepping it up. I joined in December mainly for the online storage, but there have been so many free games lately. The best part is they are games I always hesitated to buy like Street Fighter. I really don’t have time to play all the games, but it’s great to get full games for free – Farcry 2, Sly Cooper, etc. Good stuff!

+ ItaChu on March 5th, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

damn…. Sly and SF … im glad i never got the sly collection now

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 5th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

well check out Sly 1 and if you dig it, you’ll want to hop on the other 2 games in the collection as they just get better and better. Not to mention you’ll want to get prepped for Sly 4!

+ M-Easy on March 5th, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

I’m hoping Sly 1 will have a stack-able trophy list so I can plat it twice.

+ GGCAN on March 5th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Thanks Grace !

So many good things happening on PSN lately.

I love it !

+ Blkant on March 5th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

I love the midnight store updates, they just make it seem more alive. :P Though I can’t recall one since the warhawk / GT prologue days. Will this mean though that all items for the 3/6 update will be up at midnight or only ME3 (truth be told I’m after Journey at midnight not ME3 :P)?

+ GutsBerserker on March 5th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Thanks to the free Motorstorm RC and PSN+ I’ll buy Journey @ Day -7

Journey is my most anticipated PSN game since it was announced.

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 5th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

OMG!!!! Is the PSBlog on a mission to make Ugh! Mondays into the best day of the week?? Woot!!! This is just one of those MEGA Awesome PS+ updates!! Have I stressed out how much I like being a PS+ member since day one? (I know, some PS+ updates have been kinda weak but…) The Awesome sauce has been spread all over todays PSBlog!! Thks guys!! My day, is made! Can’t wait for 2morrow!!!!! :D

+ DazeOfWar on March 5th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Well to bad I already platinum’d Sly. I also could care less about SFII when I have Third Strike which is so much better. I guess I’ll only be picking up Motorstorm RC for the Vita tomorrow.

I’d like to get Journey but not when 2 hours is $15. When it goes on sale I may pick it up. I’m just to overloaded really anyways.

+ hush404 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Ugh. As much as I like being a PS+ member… the deals seem to be coming less and less these days. Simply because you guys take older games and throw them up for free means there is a good chance I already own them. Do you honestly think that people willing to pay for PS+ aren’t the huge media consumers of the PS3 fanbase? It seems like PS+ is catering more to people who barely buy anything.

I am looking forward to Journey, so to have it a week early is nice… but not nearly as nice as free games I don’t own.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 5th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

We’re working on making Plus more appealing to every single PlayStation gamer. Things like getting Journey early are a start; but also getting more value out of great PlayStation Store events like the GCA sale and the upcomign Spring Fever mean that Plus isn’t just about free games that you may already have. Stay tuned! And thanks for being Plus

+ Richard919 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

sweet ill definitely download sly! i always wanted to check those out but never got around to it

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 5th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

I totally need more GB memory on my PS3. I dont even think the limited 500gb PS3 has enough space on it for all the games and benefits that being a PS+ member gives. Thank u guys!! So much!!! :D

+ FearMonkey on March 5th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Whoa. This is a good week. O_O

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on March 5th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

Remember this is for the month =) So some of the content in this post will be coming throughout March. We’ll keep you posted as to what exactly is in Plus for the week in the weekly PS Store Update posts every Tuesday.

+ DazeOfWar on March 5th, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

Great my post didn’t even show up. Whatever. Wonder if this one will.

+ rockinjs864 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

Not complaining but Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix ? I think I’ve had this game sitting in my history for about 4 or 5 years now just saying keep it fresh nobody likes stale bread so why feed us the super old remake of a remake of an original SSFTHDR is a great great great great grand dad now and I would expect the only way for people to get it is for it to be free well I take back my opening comment I guess I am complaining I guess you spoiled me last month with the simpsons arcade I would have liked to see you continue the arcade theme and maybe give out Xmen arcade this month free I dont think it’s ever been on sale at all(and not for Plus) at least long as I can remember

+ aro52 on March 5th, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

This is gonna be an epic week of games!

- The Show
- Unit 13
- Motorstorm RC
- early Journey
- and now free Sly!!

Not to mention all the new infos that’ll be coming out of GDC and that Vita event. Hoping for big stuff Sony! ;)

+ steamone06 on March 5th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

can u please fix near on vita hasn’t worked for 3 weeks keeps saying error i thought the downtime would fix it but no same thing i play on getting unit 13 tomorrow and u need near for that can u guys please fix thanks.

+ saab01 on March 5th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

I have never played any Sly game and hopefully it will be a game I enjoy. As for street fighter most likely I will pick it up but i am not sure if it will be a game that i play much of. It would of been nice to get a 50 percent discount on Journey I feel like the 15 dollar price tag is too much. Especially when I am Alive also releases this week.

+ DeathGazer on March 5th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Europe gets Trine 2 for free.

Please tell it will be discounted tomorrow at least…

+ Monterossa on March 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

sadly Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD doesn’t has trophies.

+ Motherboop on March 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Excited to see what is going to be discounted in Spring Fling 2012! Any clues?

+ GGCAN on March 5th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

@44 – steamone06

My ‘near’ on Vita is working fine; has been since day one.

I think it’s your local server that may be down.

PAGE 1 2 3 5