PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus in March: Early Journey Access, Free Sly Cooper, Street Fighter and More

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 05, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

It’s another giant month for PlayStation Plus subscribers with early access to one of PSN’s biggest games, great free content, Mass Effect 3 Full Game Trial and much more.

bloghome_journey_030512

To start, we’re pleased to announce that Journey will be available to purchase 1 week early for PlayStation Plus subscribers. The game releases PSN-wide on 3/13, but you’ll be able to experience the full game tomorrow.

blogheader_sly_150_030512

To back up the early access to Journey, you’ll be able to download Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on 3/6, free with your subscription! Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (part of the Sly Collection) Is fully remastered in HD with Trophy support, this is the ultimate version of a true PS2 gem, and is available free to download in Plus. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix brings the definitive version of the Street Fighter II series and sports an unforgettable roster of fighters, redrawn in HD with online multiplayer to boot.

blogheader_supersf2_150_030512

Find more free content this month with PS one Classic Um Jammer Lammy, PS mini Bermuda Triangle, a Journey Dynamic Theme, and much more.

You’ll also find great specials and discounts this month with two great PlayStation Store events. The voting in this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards is coming to a close, and for 1 week starting 3/6, Plus subscribers will get a 50% discount on the winning games. If you missed out on any of the winners that were released 2011, that’s the time to grab them. If that wasn’t enough, the Spring Fever event, starting 3/13, features amazing new release PSN Games with discounts and/or exclusive items for Plus subscribers. Additional standalone discounts include special prices on the Bioshock 2 PS3 Full Game, Motorstorm RC, Phineas and Ferb: Across The Second Dimension PS3 Full Game.

As usual, PlayStation Plus subscribers get access to Online Game Saves and more free content than you’ll know what to do with. If you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, sit back and enjoy this month’s content. If you haven’t seen all that Plus has to offer for yourself, you can go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 and head to the PlayStation Plus section, or click here to purchase a voucher code online that will be emailed instantly to you to redeem in the PlayStation Store. Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

blogplus_030512

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription

Exclusive: Early Access – Journey – 3/6 ($14.99)
Free Games: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus – 3/6
Stick Up Kid – 3/13
Top Dawg – 3/13
Mexican Skulls Dynamic Theme – 3/13
Journey Dynamic Theme – 3/20
Discounts:
 PSN Games
MotorStorm RC – 3/6 (PS Plus Price: $7.49)

Bioshock 2 – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $14.99)

Bioshock 2 Complete Pack – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $20.99)

Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension – 3/13 (PS Plus Price: $31.99)
PlayStation Store Events –
More With Plus:
Gamers’ Choice Awards – 50% off on Winners – 3/6
Spring Fever Event – 3/13 – 4/3

+ avdavidw on March 5th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Morgan, unfortunately I will have to retract my 1,000,000 bonus points. :(

But I get to sleep tonight! Yay? ;)

+ mojogaming on March 5th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Thank your for the updates and responses.

2 Quick Suggestions if you don’t mind.

1. Please tell your guys to move the updates up to earlier in the day or how about a Monday night update. Lately hearing from owners of another unamed console telling me they are downloading the latest demo or other item 12+ hours before I am able to is a unneeded negative for Sony. Simply moving your updates from 9PM eastern Tuesday to Monday 9PM Eastern would give your store a advantage.

2. Tomba (Pretty Pretty Pretty Please) Japan PSN got this 6 months ago and this is a very easy game to regionalize as there is little text and Sony themselves owns it, so win win win. Also people are paying $50+ on used sites. Sony not having it on the PSN is costing the company money. This game has a very cult following out there would easily pay $10+ for it.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

+ CrimsonGore on March 5th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

$18 for 3 months of Plus, hundreds of dollars in free content, automatic game patching/trophy syncing AND online save data storage? Silly Xbox, learn from Sony. ^_^

+ LilRican on March 5th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

@morgan

can you please answer this? when are we going to see ps plus content for the vita? i hope we don’t get left behind.

+ TSTina on March 5th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Still not enough incentive to get me to sign up, or even to activate my free 30 day trial code. Maybe next month. I guess I’m just spoiled by the constant 75% off sales at Steam (and sometimes Amazon). Sony should take a cue and a clue from the competition.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on March 5th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

OOOh Sly HD is an amazing free game but I own it… Can you do Jak 2 HD next paleeeeeease???

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on March 5th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Re: talk of the cloud storage limit, we NEED more than 150MB. Please make it happen Morgan Haro!

+ CrimsonGore on March 5th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

@TsTina YEARP, Steam sure is beast. Its the ONLY way i PC game. I just love playing Co-op games on my PS3 <3 All my buds are on it.

+ lisatsunami on March 5th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

Thank you, Grace & Morgan & team. A lot of great offerings. I’ve never played a Sly game so I’m going to try this since it’s free. Very generous, since that’s a recent HD remake.

I’m very excited about the early access to Journey AND a dynamic theme. I think it’s more than a reasonable price for a game that took 3 years to make and by all reviews is a groundbreaking artistic masterpiece.

I’ll be downloading like crazy starting @ midnite & throughout Tuesday. And then Tuesday nite, I’ll go offline & play Journey without any fellow travelers for my first play thru.

Oh, and to the certain vocal minority of plusers so far today: your subscription does NOT come with the right to be a class A doosh bag. For that you have to pay triple. In the meantime, try to post here like you would talk to Grace and Morgan in person. Nothing more pathetic than an anonymous, internet blow-hard.

+ Angelshadow_7 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Loving you so much because of the Early acces for Journey!!! :D

Sly Cooper is a great addition, ill be hoping for 2 and 3, after all i couldn’t purchase the 4th without knowing how the other 2 ended ;)

Thanks for the great update

+ Superstone on March 5th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

Wish I could play Um Jammer Lammy on my Vita

+ saab01 on March 5th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Morgan the PS Store doesn’t update in the afternoon. It updates here on the east coast in the evening more around 8-10pm usually. Another thing what happened to that game velocity it was on the blog that it would be released free in March and here in the Plus post it doesn’t talk anything about it.

+ Curtisio on March 5th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

This is good – but will Journey have a discount, too? That would be SWEET!

+ saab01 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

@103

You must not have a 360

The 360 patches and software updates are so much faster than on the PS3 the 360 takes seconds to download. Second the 360 has instant syncing of Achievements they go live instantly to the xbox website.On top of that the cloud storage on the 360 is 512 mb instead of 150 mb. And yeah we get tons of discounts and sales for being a gold member. And last the online leader boards are so much crazier than on PSN.

+ Starwarsgeek76 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

sounds pretty good sony………I had to pay 10 doll hairs to microshaft for ssf2hd its free with plus….nice
plus is so much better than xbox gold

+ ReptileHand on March 5th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM TO HAVE PLUS.

I HAVE BEEN SAVING $15 FOR JOURNEY FOR MONTHS. EARLY??!?!

SOON, YOU WILL FINALLY BE MINE. SOON.

#CLUB CAN’T EVEN HANDLE ME

Oh and I have Sly but I’m not disappointed because other people won’t have an excuse not to try it out!

Gamers Choice awards sales – I will get a PS1 game and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 if it gets chopped.

Looking forward to the Spring Sale =)!

Journey <3

+ MakaiOokami on March 5th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Too bad I pretty much own everything for free and that I want from the discounts. That’s kinda a testament to how good PS Plus can be if games I bought before PS Plus came out are worth paying for then they’re certaintly worth getting for free.

I got the entire sly pack so I have all 3 games plus the mini games. So I’m not as concerned with the first game. Great game, but definitely worth picking up the other 2 as well. Especially the second one which is how far I’ve gotten. Already got the platinum from the first game.

+ Kegsy on March 5th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Excellent update. PLEASE add more space for cloud storage, 150meg gets eaten up real quick. give us a 1 gig at least PLEASE.

Also multiple delete option would be great for saved games. Trying to delete 30 saves from Dungeon Siege III or Kingdoms of Amalur takes forever from the cloud.

Keep up the great work. ☺

+ gearhead32 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

great month of Ps + proud Plus member here it has saved me a lot of money

+ igorrocks2 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

What will be on Spring Fever Event? More details on this one please… Last year even went CRAZY for my wallet….

+ Lasdrub on March 5th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

Another incredible month for PlayStation Plus. Have you guys ever considered PlayStation Plus Portable? Right now Plus seems to be focused on PS3, and while it does have perks for the PSP and Vita (minis, PS1 games, PSP discounts), it would amazing to have a Plus program just for portables. You could give discounts on Vita games, full access demos for Vita games, free PSP games, etc. I would pay another $50 to have a program like that.

+ DragonWolfJD on March 5th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Another dull month beat Sly months ago and already have SSF2THDRemix. Plus has become absolutely terrible.

+ namDa65 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Second month of plus and it’s already paid itself!

I’d prefer games with smaller filesizes though hehe, sly 1 is huge. I regret not buying a 320gb :(.

Great month, and I’m ready to spend money on the gamers choice winners!

+ Stringer2355 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Can we get a behind the scenes video of how the PSN is updated. Also, is there a set time of when the PSN is post to update, can it be earlier.

When are we going to get some Payday:The Heist DLC ?

What is Spring Fever 2012 ?

+ Firethorn43 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

Very happy to see Journey and Street Fighter 2 HD, and will consider getting Bioshock 2.

+ DarkAkatosh on March 5th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Cool week. Although I have SSFIITHD off that capcom bundle, still looking forward to Sly.

+ jimmyfoxhound on March 5th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Did Morgan just say the store update will be “coming Tuesday in the afternoon as normal” ??? I know there is a 3 hour difference between the coasts here in the US but saying the store updates in the afternoon is REALLY pushing it! lol

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on March 5th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Bought Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix ages ago and never really played it, d’oh! I need to get to playing the Sly Collection too as I’ve had that for well over a year now. >.<

I hope there's a huge PSP games on Vita update…. There's a ton of games that we know work on the Vita but just won't show up on the Content Manager.

+ Zoidzerg on March 5th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

Wow. The most disappointing plus month for me appears to have everyone else raving. I suppose it is just the nature of the service. But hey, good news for everyone else! :)

Does not help that I already got the Sly Collection. That is probably a large chunk of it.

Hope the upcoming sales are full of goodies. I kind of have buyers remorse for not getting RE4 (no Move support, no platinum (for a big full game!), played through on GC, PS2, and Wii) so I will probably pick that up (that is right, I am already assuming it will win). Will see how the votes play out, I hope it is good. Otherwise plus only really did me good for cloud storage this month. :(

+ TERMINATOR543 on March 5th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

I was hoping we would get Flow and Flower for free or at least a huge discount on them being that Journey is coming out. I usually only buy DLC but I rarely buy games unless they have huge discounts but very tempted to get Journey.

+ gravislord on March 5th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

@Steamone06, I am having the same NEAR issue, for over a week now. I am LA area, not sure if this is known issue or not. I just hope is still is tracking all my movement as I take my VITA with me everywhere. Will see if it works when I land in San Francisco today.

+ RedHood9 on March 5th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

my freaking stomach hurts I just bought um jammer lammy on friday!!! I still love playstation plus though :)

+ JimmyHACK on March 5th, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Morgan: is the update midnight EST or PST? Got my digital ME3 preordered and I’m EST!!! As far as on topic. AWESOME MONTH for PS PLUS. My+ renews this week and it’s a great investment!

+ Wozman23 on March 5th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

To promote the HD version of Rayman 3 releasing on the 21st, I was hoping the first two games would be given some love with free releases or discounts. After being blown away by Origins, I waned t to revisit the earlier games (I can’t remember if I played through them all) but decided to hold off once the remake of 3 was announced. I guess April isn’t out of the question, so I’ll pray they are included in next month’s Plus content. If not, I’ll purchase them then.

+ MARCAO2010 on March 5th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Awesome PSN update!

+ jayrabbit on March 5th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Is Plus going to include vita? or atlease have psp and minis that are supported by the vita?
This needs to be the next step forward if you wish to keep those who are vita owners as my money is going to be now spent towards the vita.

+ DaNTi3L on March 5th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

wow this is a big update ..cant wait

+ JCor-C87 on March 5th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

I haven’t played any of the Sly games yet so this is an awesome chance!! Something to play between Mass Effect 3 and Tales Of Graces f. :)

+ Trieloth on March 5th, 2012 at 1:17 pm said:

OMG I get to purchase JOURNEY early? Yep, heres a big ol hug to who ever made this happen!!

+ scataraman on March 5th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

Question – is the journey dynamic theme for Plus users the same as the dynamic theme you get when you preorder the game?

+ krae_man on March 5th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

Man I misread Morgan’s post when he said “it’s for all of PSN not just plus” I misread that as “the entire store is publishing not, just ME3″.

Ah well, I guess ME3 will have no impact on the store publish time, or if anything delay it:(

+ CrusaderForever on March 5th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

Amazing March goodies Sony! Absolutely a huge thank you from me! I will be getting Journey and Motorstorm RC Vita FREE! tomorrow! Being a PS+ member is a no brainer! :)

+ pancakewizard on March 5th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

i was meh on getting ps plus at first but a friend talked me into it. must say it’s a great deal!! :D

+ thebadnews on March 5th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

I was actually kind of upset that I wasn’t able to play any of my PS+ freebies last night (when the PSN/SEN network was down for maintenance) but this more than makes up for it! JOURNEY is my most anticipated title at the moment and I am excited to play it early, and I will definitely play through SLY as well. If it looks good in HD I’ll probably get the other SLY COLLECTION titles as well, because I never finished the second and third games.

+ Ropiplup on March 5th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

Folklore and Heavenly Sword should be in the PlayStation store and free for PS+ :D

+ DeadKillersRevng on March 5th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

Just searched Um Jammer Lammy on google images to see how is the game. I regret scrolling down…

+ David2Crazy on March 5th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

I think by this point there should only be 2 reasons why you’re not a PS+ member.

1. You don’t have the time to experience all the free, discounted, & exclusive content.
2. You are stupid.

+ David2Crazy on March 5th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

@TSTina

Your comparison to Steam is uneducated. Valve doesn’t have retail breathing down it’s neck, which is why they are able to have insane regular sales like 75% off. The comparison you should be making is to XBL Gold, as Microsoft is in the same boat as Sony. And in that regard, I think it’s clear who comes out benefiting more.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on March 5th, 2012 at 2:19 pm said:

Great update. Please do upgrade the memory on the online storage. I believe that would get more to join PS Plus.

+ TIDUSFOREVERX2 on March 5th, 2012 at 2:35 pm said:

Will Journey also be available to plus members at midnight? or is that gonna be like 8pm tomorrow?