Spider-Man PS4

Mar 06

Mar 06

2012 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards – And The Winners Are…

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Director, Digital Distribution

GCA 2012

Drumroll, please…

We’ve tallied up the votes, slipped into our tuxedos, polished up the trophies and are now ready to reveal the winners of the second annual PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards. Votes were cast this year across 10 categories in the PlayStation Store, including the community award for Best PSN Indie, which was voted online by the community.

First off, we’d like to thank all of the nominees for being a part of this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards. All of the games that we showcased were some of the highest and most user-ranked games released in 2011, which is an honor in and of itself. Second and most importantly, we want to thank all of you for casting your votes both online and in the PlayStation Store to determine our winners.

We had an incredible turnout during the voting period this year, which made for an intense competition. Things got so heated, in fact, that the battle for Best PS Move Game literally came down to the last day between Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. But only one could come out with top honors.

Without further ado, here are your winners for the 2012 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards:

The celebration continues as the award-winning titles will be discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store for one week, starting later today, with a 50% discount available to all PlayStation Plus subscribers. Don’t miss out on the chance to score these great games! And don’t forget to start rating the games that you’re playing throughout 2012 so your favorite games can get nominated next year.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

March 6th, 5:37 pm

Some good stuff, but i won’t be buying anything. I’ve already got some of the bigger titles like Infamous: FoB, RE4, and Limbo.

Wolf26pack said:

March 6th, 5:40 pm

Personally I knew Infamous: Festival of blood was going to win, but I’m disappointed that the Winner of PSN Game of the Year was Resident Evil 4. Personally I was looking forward to Plants Vs Zombies winning, I guess I’ll just have to continue to wait for it to go on sale. Hopefully It will be in the Spring Sale, you know kind of as a themed choice ;-). So for now I guess I’ll just be getting Chrono Trigger and Infamous: Festival of Blood. I’d also hope that these games see a sale sooner rather than later….

– Red Johnsons Chronicles
– From Dust
– Sky Drift
– and of course like I said before Plants Vs Zombies

Come on Sony, talk to those publishers and make it happen ;-)

BoltZilla said:

March 6th, 6:06 pm

Limbo’s probably it for me. I’ll save the rest of my money for sales later on (hopefully something good in the Spring Fever Sale). I was hoping for Tetris to win at least one category.

DION3TO said:

March 6th, 6:12 pm

It is out! YEAH!

John-Shooter said:

March 6th, 6:17 pm

dont care much for any of those games except for maybe RE4, brotherhood, dungeon hunter and god of war

reward shows are useless anymore

Taylor_With_Hat said:

March 6th, 6:23 pm

Nothing I wanted won. :(

ziggurcat said:

March 6th, 6:34 pm

@ Trieloth:

“…Limbo won?… really? *facepalm”

have you played limbo? no? *facepalm*

secularsage said:

March 6th, 6:49 pm

If I can offer some constructive feedback, the voting choices weren’t uniformly great. The methodology for picking the nominees seemed to be the “star” ratings, and yet going with that method gave preference to games that are in extremely popular series (Final Fantasy, Assassin’s Creed) or games that are re-releases of past titles. It’s sort of silly that Resident Evil 4 should win “Best PSN Game,” but the reason it did was because none of the choices were really all that spectacular.

It would have been nice to be able to vote for quality titles like From Dust, Stacking or Rochard, all of which were excellent downloadable titles from 2011.

Similarly, it would have been nice to be able to vote for a better crop of online multiplayer games and PSN full titles. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood is great, but it was hardly the best PSN full game released in 2011… nor were the two other games it was up against. The choices for “best online game” was similarly slim and should have probably included games that people play online that are still being supported, but which aren’t 2011 releases (such as Mag and Warhawk).

KingTygerVII said:

March 6th, 7:50 pm

I only see 3 i voted for, and thanks to PSN very strict credit card, i cant use mine to buy them all… sucks, only for a week? buuu! give us 2 so i can get paid and buy the cards.

Phaetill said:

March 6th, 8:35 pm

I love Chrono Trigger & Xenogears,I have original copies of both,but for me it’s Xeno > Chrono…

JOSHTHEGIGALO said:

March 6th, 10:02 pm

is this also on the EU PSN store?

V130_1286 said:

March 7th, 12:29 am

TOO BAD I OWN EVERY SINGLE GAMES THAT ARE NOMINATED, LEFT ALONE THE WINING ONES… COZ I’M KINDA A HEAVY SUPPORTED, YOU CAN SEE…

SO NOTHING FOR ME!

JUST A SMALL SUGGESTION: YOU GUYS KINDA MIX UP THE TERM “BEST GAME” WITH “MOST WANTED GAME”. IT”S THE FACT THAT EVERYBODY VOTED FOR THE GAMES THEY WANT TO GET INSTEAD OF THE BEST GAMES WHICH THEY MIGHT ALREADY OWN.

PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN CHANGE IN THE AWARDS NEXT YEAR.

draig3791 said:

March 7th, 7:59 am

So, is this sale only for a week? Or will it be all month? I’m glad that so many I voted for made the list too ^^

VideoGamer35 said:

March 7th, 8:09 am

what happened to the sly collection?!

KainDrake said:

March 7th, 7:47 pm

I was able to vote for each category, except for the indie category. What was up with that? Why couldn’t I vote on that last one?

Garylisk said:

March 8th, 1:27 am

I thought normal users were 50% off and PS+ was 75% off. Oh well.

ghattas said:

March 8th, 3:36 am

me want 3 games, more if the 50% discount leaves them less than 9$ .

is this comming to eu PSN? and when.

ghattas said:

March 8th, 3:38 am

and for people complaining about Sly collection not winning, we got the Sly 1 this week for free (PSN plus) maybe we will get the rest down the line.

antiseptique said:

March 8th, 6:32 am

Same question as JOSHTHEGIGALO, is this only for US Store or EU too? Do you know there is other country in the world?.. EU Store is alaways updated later and offers are most of time only for US Store… We have voted here too, you know?..

get_crazy said:

March 8th, 6:48 am

Yep, what about us, European ? Is there some kind of rule in the US stating that European users have to take the rest of what’s falling from your mouth ? I don’t know who to blame for this, SCEE ? SCEA ? Obama ? Anonymous ? Chuck Testa ?

Don’t trust antiseptique, he likes mojitos !

EagerSnake said:

March 8th, 3:55 pm

I will get my Limbo, finally :)

PAGE 1 2 3