Driveclub

A Close-Up on ARMORED CORE V Customization and Bosses

+ Posted by "Filthie" Rich Bantegui on Mar 07, 2012 // NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

Hello again, friends. Last time we hit you here on the blog with sneak peek at some Armored Core V multiplayer action caught on video. Today we’re coming back at you with more, and a deeper look at the customization, weapons, bosses, and AC insanity that you’ll be finding yourself in the middle of come March 20th.

Between the kinetic energy, the chemical energy, and the thermal energy, there’s a massive arsenal worth of firepower that you’ll be able to choose from when building your ultimate machine of destruction in the game. As we’ve said before, the team at FromSoftware has been a leader in the genre with this franchise for nearly fifteen years, and with Armored Core V, and they mean business.

Each AC you build is highly unlikely to be identical to any others you come across online since customization is key. Brand new for this game are the recon units that players are going to be able to lay out all over the map to survey the land and take out your enemies. What’s also cool are the emblems and detailing customization aspects that let you trick out your AC like no other. You can get crazy with it, and crazy you’ll need to be when taking down some of these new bosses.

Check out the video and watch out towards the end with some of the first glimpses at the MASSIVE bosses that you’ll find yourself not wanting to take down alone. The Armored Core V world is huge, and going it alone will not be recommended. Check back for more updates and start thinking about exactly how you’ll want to customize your own AC come March 20th. As we like to say around the office… COME HEAVY OR NOT AT ALL! See you online!

24 Comments

+ Gilgamesh247 on March 7th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Hey there Filthy Rich, how was Final Round for ya o(n_n)/ i didn’t know you posted on PS Blogs too i’m seeing you everywhere xD but awesome looking forward to Armored Core V

+ jimmyfoxhound on March 7th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

Oh yeah, DEFINITLY looking forward to this! Can’t wait!!

+ Enforcer_X on March 7th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

Can’t wait for some more AC! These games just keep getting better!

+ SolidSnakeSSx on March 7th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

Why aren’t you guys posting anything about Tales of Graces f on the blog? That’s due out next week.

+ juju954fl on March 7th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

Looks nice, but the one thing that always turn me off with AC is that the maps always looked bland and dosne make me feel like im in a giant machine.

+ JH-FallenReaper on March 7th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

WOW, i never was interested in this game and but saw a couple of videos and i have to say ill pick this up over Mass Effect 3,SSX, or any game this month. Namco Bandai never dissapoints.

+ JH-FallenReaper on March 7th, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

I cant wait i always liked robots like Bionicles, Gundams, and never found a game that could make me feel like i was in control of a robot or mech. People get this, its going to be EPIC.

+ perrandy on March 7th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

yeah this blog needs a tales of graces update,filthy,because i’m sure that there are many rpg fans that are excited to play a tales of game on de ps3 XD

+ chubbawumba on March 7th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

awesome!!

+ Velkrio on March 7th, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

been a big FAN when armored core was underground and will always be a fan, the best mech game out there ever!!! GO ARMORED CORE!!! i’ll be coming out strong and heavy!!! >:D

+ FearMonkey on March 7th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

Hey, Rich. Tales of Graces f comes out next week and you’ve told us nothing about it. I’ve not seen any previews on any other gaming sites. And the only new screenshots we get are from your Facebook page. Is this game actually coming out next week or do you want nobody to buy it? I’m just curious. Thanks.

Also, does Tales of Graces f include the Japanese audio track? I hate not knowing this kind of information in advance. Thanks again.

+ walgrover on March 7th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

never played an ac game before, it looks like a lot of fun cant wait to try it out

+ ArmoredAce on March 7th, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

I am very excited for this game! I absolutely know it won’t be a disappointment for me since i’ve been a long time fan!

+ ArmoredAce on March 7th, 2012 at 8:22 pm said:

I highly recommend those who are new or are kind of skeptical from past Armored Core experiences to at least take the time and money to at least rent this installment. Namco Bandai is doing a much better job this time around and made things much better for all types of play styles. The graphics, story, game mechanics, and of coures the music have all been improved to make this a trully welcome addition to the series!

+ talonkard044 on March 7th, 2012 at 8:34 pm said:

Where’s Nine Ball? ;) Hope the Kurasawa is still in the game along with the Moonlight…

+ nikrel on March 7th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

Is this coming to Vita?

+ Hooligantuan on March 7th, 2012 at 10:17 pm said:

Really hoping this and Dust 514 will get a PS3 controller back in my hands. Really only looking forward to Borderlands 2 in the short term.

+ Hooligantuan on March 7th, 2012 at 10:20 pm said:

(PS: In past Armored Core games, mitigating Overheating from thermal weaponry was kinda unbalanced. Flamethrowers totally owned. I hope you guys pull it back a bit; these are giant combat robots and being covered in napalm can do that much? Puuuhhhhh-leaze.)

(And I want to make my own emblems.)

+ Velkrio on March 7th, 2012 at 11:59 pm said:

damn… the sorry thing is, i miss out the demo… lol XD

+ Velkrio on March 8th, 2012 at 12:06 am said:

@ 17 don’t worry about balancing, it’s all there in ACV series you can have thermal defence type armored against that, and yes you can SERIOUSLY customize your own unique emblem, defend if you’re willing to be creatives and times into it…

+ sbattu on March 8th, 2012 at 2:06 am said:

nice

+ colstripcapn on March 8th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

This would be great… with a mouse and keyboard.

I’ve never been able to get use to the FPS controls of a console =/

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 8th, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

I’ve been a fan of Armored Core since its beginnings. Just seeing the game promoted took me way back when I used to play the 1st Armored Core. Totally pre-ordered this game! Not only cause I’m a huge fan of anime n Mechs but cause Armored Core is simply one heavy load of fun! Thx for this guys! Can’t wait for the 20th!! Lock n Load! :D

+ OMEGA_MECH_3010 on March 12th, 2012 at 8:31 pm said:

AWESOME!
I always like customization, I used to play armored core 3, and 2 on ps2, and I wish for classic ps2 games on ps3.
now this Armored Core 5, I MUST preorder this. 2 games for me and my bro.
Now this can be the next level of Mech fighting games like this!
PlayStation, can you please make remastered Armored Core Games, because I missed them just like when I play Jak 2