PlayStation Vue

Mar 08

Uncharted 3 Logo

UNCHARTED 3: Co-op Shade Survival Mode Detailed, Final Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC coming in April

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Eric Monacelli on Mar 08, 2012 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

By now you’ve become a badass at being a dependable teammate while taking out enemies trying to kill you in UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer, right? Not really? Okay, then practice up because a new game type is coming in fiery hot to UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer. Co-op Shade Survival Mode will be available Tuesday, March 13 on PlayStation Store. You’ll be able to tackle some of the toughest enemies in the UNCHARTED franchise with the help of your friends. Want to see what you’ll be up against? Check this out:

Fortune Hunters’ Club, this new mode has cost you only the initial price of admission – you can download the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode for free on Tuesday. If you’re still not a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club but want to get in on all the DLC that’s available for UNCHARTED 3, the FHC is the most cost effective way to do so. For $24.99 you can become a member today and all 14 packs of DLC content will be marked free for you to download. Just click on the FHC icon to buy it via the PS Store, or grab it via the in-game UNCHARTED 3 store today.

As a FHC member, you save over 60% on the 14 packs of UNCHARTED 3 DLC. Current members and any new membership purchased will receive all currently available and any upcoming DLC packs for UNCHARTED 3, as well as the exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme for your PS3. When new UNCHARTED 3 DLC hits, you’ll be notified right from the XMB of your PS3 with a message that will take you right to it.

Incidentally the fiery, devilish Djinn bring our Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC total to lucky number 13. The next, and final, DLC in the Fortune Hunters’ Club will be coming at you next month so be sure to look for our next blog post for full details about what we have in store. For now, see you in the Co-Op Shade Survival mode online!

PAGE 1 2

+ Lapwner on March 8th, 2012 at 7:09 am said:

Sounds good. Hopefully it will be an ACTUAL map pack, and not a flashback map pack. It would be nice to see some new, cool environments.

+ stewbrew on March 8th, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

flash back maps are cool though trolololo

+ Hobartbob on March 8th, 2012 at 7:18 am said:

Will be purchasing this on Tuesday, great job Naughty Dog!! Back to MLB 12 The Show, GO SOX!!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

Awesome. Thanks for the support! Go Mets! :)

+ TANZEB123 on March 8th, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Screw zombies! lets take down some djinns!

+ Chase167 on March 8th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

where are the new trophies at
come on ND its your only down fall

+ npng80 on March 8th, 2012 at 7:40 am said:

Anybody that has a mic and likes to play team work add me plz. Thank you~

+ BoD_GodlessGOD on March 8th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

“Dry Docks” is taking FOREVER!

+ Draco416 on March 8th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

Ha! I called this one a long time ago. I knew it was a zombies-esque mode and not “stay out of the light” like those morons suggested.

Hopefully this will help me not to feel stupid for buying the FHC.

+ Link01 on March 8th, 2012 at 7:45 am said:

I’m a huge Naughty Dog fan, but I’ve got two major gribes one how this was handled.

1.) No NEW maps
2.) No Trophy add ons

Guys… common. It almost feels like I was ripped off. Especially if the FHC is hitting 14 …

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

We’re looking to see if trophy support can be added but ran into some roadblocks and aren’t sure it can happen. We’ll update you if can. As for your first qualms, well, we’ll see! :)

+ Pesico on March 8th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

Please add trophies like in Uncharted 2.

+ DarkOne_PR on March 8th, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

Why 3/13!? Naruto and Tales of grace are coming that day! >_<

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on March 8th, 2012 at 7:57 am said:

I agree with #1 and #9. I’m glad I didn’t get the FHC honestly. The new co-op adventure map and the new co-op shade survival mode are cool and nice additions, but 2 flashback map packs with out any new maps just isn’t good. Even some of the on disc multiplayer maps were just rehashes of U2 maps. There really isn’t that much for multiplayer skins either, such as no other skins from other franchises like U2 had. Killzone is cool, but what about Infamous and Resistance, even Starhawk and TM skins would be awesome.

I’m still playing U3 occasionally, but I’m getting tired of playing maps like Facility and Museum (which were both U2 maps) all the time. I’m excited to see what the last piece of content next month is, here’s to hoping its awesome!

+ sabot37 on March 8th, 2012 at 8:02 am said:

Where are the multiplayer trophies? I got my FHC subscription thinking I’d have some trophies to work towards

+ onuosfan on March 8th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

@sabot37, I’m right there with you. Congratulations on suckering me out of $25, ND.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 8th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

U3 just needs new maps and awesome skins like #12 said..resistance, starhawk and even twisted metal..will be day one purchases!!! but seriously new maps..and having a blast on my PS Vita with Golden Abyss..on the 14th chapter out of 30..and its AMAZING!…sucks theres no online on it but i guess the hidden treasures will have me playing it once more..although a survival ad hoc mode wouldve bin lovely :P – keep up the fantastic work..on the new U3 maps that

+ Shadow-Man_4 on March 8th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

That’s it? You guys are done with the support of Uncharted 3 after April? Shame. I want to be able to play this game for many years with support from you guys, I don’t want the Multiplayer to be dead anytime soon. And one of the main reasons it becomes dead is because of the lack of dev support later in the cycle.

Please don’t leave Uncharted 3 MP, keep on releasing new stuff, keep patching the game, organize events, etc. Oh and one more thing, where are the TWO “new” Uncharted 3 map packs we were promised? I thought we’ll be getting more Uncharted 3 maps? As of right now, we have more Uncharted 2 maps in this game than Uncharted 3 ones. Comeon! It’s a new game!

Other than that, I’ll reserve judgment until I try Shade mode out next week. I have exams this week so can’t really try it out. Looking forward to playing it and I’m waiting anxiously for The Lab! :D

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

We aren’t done with support of Uncharted 3 after April. The final Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC hits in April. We’ll have information on what’s next for Uncharted 3 beyond the FHC after it hits.

+ Pesico on March 8th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Oh and one more thing. Please release Uncharted 3 as a standalone MP like Killzone 3. I would by that in addition to the Blu-ray disc. It’s not that trophies is everything for me. I still love to play Uncharted 3 MP from time to time, and I will always go back to playing the single player every now and then. But all the epicness that is Uncharted 3 MP, would be even greater with trophies.

Love Naughty Dog with or without trophies though:)

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on March 8th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

It’s so sad to see multiplayer taking over as the most important aspect of uncharted.

+ YungShep on March 8th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

+ warezIbanez on March 8th, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

Dude! Co-op has been ridiculous enough with repetitive treasure drops of things you already have and the awful PAK-80 scripting. Well, here goes nothing…

+ Chase167 on March 8th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

my guess is they already have all our money form FHC
so they’re not going to add any new trophies
ND is the new capcom

+ Chase167 on March 8th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

@sabot37 @onuosfan @Link01 , I’m right there with you. Congratulations on suckering me out of $25

+ zzamaro on March 8th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

I loved U3, but you guys are a joke. Glad I didn’t pay for the reason pass. No new maps=FAIL.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

This isn’t the last pack for the FHC. :)

+ DZORMAGEN on March 8th, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

WOW what a big slap in the face!! I bought the Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC pack (Day 1) thinking there will be trophies along with it (just like every other DLC Sony puts on the Sony Store). DLC after DLC for this pack I see no trophy support? This just teaches me not to buy something before I do more, and more research on it! I’m sorry but you guys dropped the ball on this one!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

We are looking into seeing if we can make trophies happen but it might not be possible. We’ll update you if we can make it happen.

+ SolidJawn on March 8th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

I like were getting something new (mode wise)… But I think you should have included the other ‘supernatural’ enemies, the spanish/WWII zombies from U1 (they’re fast, if i remember), the guardians from U2 (they’re strong), and you have the djinn from U3(kinda a mixture of fast and strong)… If you only going to put ‘flashback’ stuff in why not add these guys in? OH AND MAKE THE ROUNDS INIFINITE LIKE A GOOD LITTLE HORDE MODE!

+ Link01 on March 8th, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

@Eric Monacelli Thanks for the quick response! It’s hard to stay upset with you guys XD. I can understand the trophy roadblock, but as long as everything is being pushed for * especially for the fans * I’m very grateful. It’s more or less from the experiences of Uncharted 2 that these ‘expectations’ are coming from. Being a first buyer of the FHC pack, surely anyone could relate to what they thought was coming. I really enjoyed the way you handled trophies in Uncharted 2 and seriously would like to see that continue. It brings me back to my games. It’s a little hard when you have A LOT to play and only a bit of motivation for one particular title.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

Understood. We’re working on supporting the multiplayer for a long time so stay tuned for updates about what’s coming next.

+ Link01 on March 8th, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

Oh, and when you played Uncharted 2 to death… you can only take in oh so much of the same (more or less) maps.

+ saab01 on March 8th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

The last add on better be a new map pack with actual new maps. I don’t want any skins. The older maps with new lighting were cool but they wouldn’t top any actual new maps. Also the team at naughty dog has never answered my post in the forum about the late join glitch where you are not shown in game as legacy. I cant believe it is still not patched. This has gone on forever And what about the DLC toggle I would like to play some DLC only it should be added. And not to mention the Legacy being raised a lot of people have stopped playing due to not being able to rank up anymore.

+ insano_jaco on March 8th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Ill never buy another pre-order of Naughty Dog again, really.

PSN Avatars are so useless, its just a png, so poor.
Co-Op missions that we dont care…

Maps that is played just like in 2009, and know what?
I payed for that SAME maps in 2009 too!

Cant believe that this Fortune Hunter was a product of the same brillant Naughty Dog Of Uncharted 2 times, its a shame. So many prizes for U2 in 2009 make the naughty dog a lazy and accommodated dog.

Even the mercenary Activision has more respect for their players.

Fortune Hunter is a insult, dont buy it!

+ ReptileHand on March 8th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

I’m kind of bored of Uncharted 3. Mainly because well *cough cough* all the good players are the only ones playing. I go on and I get my butt kicked. It was fun at first because everyone was a low level, they didn’t use cheap tactics, they didn’t dodge your grenades, they didn’t roll out of the way everytime you shoot them, Now it’s just, total pros. I regret buying the fortune hunters club. All I really got was a bunch of skins, 1 map pack (the other map pack didn’t even show up in game), and a new co-op mode that I never even touched. It’s sad that I paid $25 for this. I wanted a nice casual multiplayer, which was what I got at first. Now everybody’s level 75 3rd legacy with the little star next to their name showing off how elite they are. I used to get 15/5 in 3 team deathmatch, now I only get 5/10 every match. But I’ll learn from this and not buy DLC for multiplayer ever again, as the community gets hardened as time goes by

Sorry, I love you guys. I’ll be getting the Last of Us and hopefully it doesn’t include a multiplayer. I’m going back and playing Uncharted 2 on Hard mode and that had such a brilliant campaign unlike Uncharted 3. I’m iffy about new new installments to the Uncharted franchise in the future.

+ residentSteve on March 8th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Are nd doing any more doughnut characters dlc I would still like to see doughnut versions of chloe and elena come on nd make it happen please.

+ Dantes_Ragnarok on March 8th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

I’m so glad they are not adding trophies.
I still remeber “you run I’ll shoot” from Uncharted 2. my god that was annoynig. thanks ND for proving that multiplayer can be fun without them.
I also agree with comment 30. and thats my reason for loving no trophies so far. I want to play for fun and not get frustrated because all those level 70s destroy me.

+ Uncharted3Subway on March 8th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

Lol, disappointing much?
Though I saw it coming, the whole FHC has been disappointing…
3 skin packs of old skins that were on the disc already, 4 old UC2 maps…, then boring skins that are divided into 3 packs to make it look like much, the worst were the **** avatar packs for FHC…
The only thing that I could enjoy a bit was the Fort adventure map, but it got boring fast too..
And now this mode. I expected a lot more of this mode… Was hoping for way more enemies and infinite rounds. This is just boring different enemies…
Hope the next pack contains something better and not just 2 new maps…

+ Orochidude on March 8th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

@ReptileHand: Honestly, your complaint makes no sense. You’re basically complaining that instead of sucking, players are actually getting better and improving? That’s what you’re supposed to do! They’re supposed to dodge your grenades and roll when you shoot them, not sit there and let you kill them. Instead of leaving, you should be trying to get better.

@insano_jaco: Co-op missions you don’t care about. Just because you don’t care for them, doesn’t mean no one else does. I will agree with the Avatars though.

I will say I would like to see The Lab return and bring back separate Team Objectives. Other than that and the G-MAL, I really have nothing else to say. Keep up the good work.

+ KwietStorm on March 8th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

Fortune Hunters Club is already done, and this is with the extension? So I basically re-bought Uncharted 2 multiplayer and some avatars. Inconceivable.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on March 8th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

We will update on what’s next sometime in April. We plan to support Uncharted 3 multiplayer for a long time.

+ tigerbait_ on March 8th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

You know I love Sony and Naughty Dog a lot and have always supported both but I feel like a fool for buying this Fortune Hunters Club DLC. I basically threw away $25 because I’m not playing anymore Uncharted 3 if you guys don’t add trophies. I mean come on that’s half the price of the game!! Now anytime you guys release something on the PS Store I’m gonna think twice before I buy it and it won’t be bought on day1 anymore that’s for sure.

You guys are Naughty Dog so make it happen. If adding trophies means delaying the release of the DLC then that’s what u guys should do. So give us the $25 worth of DLC we paid for and trusted you to deliver and live up to your reputation.

+ T-Cal on March 8th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

@Chase167 – Wzup! Gaming Goons!

I’m with my fellow Gamers, “Give Us Online Trophies with the DLC packs!”
ND, I don’t understand…… You added new online trophies in UC2, but not in UC3. That’s Azz Backwards!
I blindly brought the FHC in FAITH. I will not make that mistake again!
Naughty Dog, you PIMPED us for $25!

+ Petra_Kalbrain on March 8th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

I have no issue with the FHC at this point. I feel I’ve gotten more than my money’s worth from it with the FORT CO-OP and SHADE SURVIVAL MODE alone. The “recycled” maps look incredible and are bonus in my eyes. It allows for an incredible amount of variation opportunity while playing.

#1. Trophies (I understand if they don’t show because you are having “issues” with implementing them)

I spent a full month agonizing to get my damn hands on that taunt only to finally get a code the night before the promotion/beta ended. So, I was able to use it for a whole 2 or 3 days after spending nearly 5 or 6 hours a day hunting down PSN codes to enter. I’ve even kept the Subway beta installed on my PS3 in case it can somehow be extract from that software code somehow down the line.

+ ReptileHand on March 8th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

I miss my $5 footlong taunt too… but taunts don’t matter now. Killing does. Do you see anybody taunt in matches anymore? That’s what I thought. Who would give up 3 seconds of their time to be vulnerable to other killing them? I sure as heck won’t. Although I bought all the taunts, they’re just useless now =/

+ Petra_Kalbrain on March 8th, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

@ReptileHand – I would definitely take the time to taunt if I had THAT taunt back. I agree that I don’t taunt very often as is right now, but I would almost everytime with the $5 FOOTLONG taunt equipped. =:-D

+ Rob-Miller on March 8th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

Just so people don’t get confused here is a list of every DLC we have had so far and upcoming to reach that grand total of 14:
1. Classic skin pack 1
2. Classic skin pack 2
3. Classic skin pack 3
4. Multiplayer accessories pack (Killzone items)
5. Flashback map pack 1
6. Fort Co-op Adventure map (Counts as one of the four promised map packs)
7. Doughnut skin pack
8. Rouges skin pack 1
9. Rouges skin pack 2
10. Flashback map pack 2
11. Uncharted 3 Avatar bundle 1
12. Uncharted 3 Avatar bundle 2 (Unfortunately these do count to the total 14)
13. Co-op survival shades mode (Out next week)
14. Mystery Final pack that should be the promised last map pack
Plus for EU/UK customers who will remember it well, the delayed Doughnut Lazarevic Skin that was finally made free after a 3 week long wait from its original release date.

+ DuneHopper98 on March 8th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

Great DLC! I’ve always loved the DLC tht u guys put out there but I was wondering if u could make a option to switch to no DLC and to switch back cuz sometimes i really want to play at the old maps only. I liked that option in uncharted 2 but i would really love it in uncharted 3 as well. Can’t wait for the new survival mode!

+ Beattie_theBeast on March 8th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

A game doesnt need new maps in fact I like it better when a previous game has great maps and are brought into the new ones just like Socom. I mean Socom kept using same maps for like 4 games in a row and it didnt matter because they were built perfectly just the UC2 maps, in fact the only problem I have is that they are different style in UC3 than UC2. But I think it was a better idea to use the old good maps instead of making new ones.

And just no with trophies they shouldnt be in games.

+ mi33ke on March 8th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

How come we cant get any single player offline modes???

+ belalkiller on March 8th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

+ SlyCooperFan100 on March 8th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

@55, 56, 57: …you guys are serious? Subway and Uncharted 3 only had the promotion during October. It is literally impossible to have the $5 Footlong taunt anymore, because if we did have it, then Naughty Dog would have to give Subway money forever, since it’s THEIR copyright. Same goes for the Subway shirts and anything that had to do with Subway. They all used Subway’s trademarks or logo, and if they kept using it, that means ND would have to keep giving Subway money.

I am sharing confusion with others about this, however. We were told that the FHC would give us access to all Uncharted 3 DLC at a fraction of the cost. And now you’re saying that the FHC’s DLC will not be alone, and there’ll be separate DLC as well? ._.

+ DazeOfWar on March 8th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

I’m also not to happy with the FHC. If I would have known that most of the DLC I would get would be skins, rehashed at that, and avatars I wouldn’t have bothered to spend the money. I also hate when I get rehashed maps instead of new maps. When I buy a new game I expect new stuff for it. The flashback maps should have been an extra bonus for people who bought the FHC pass. I love the games you put out ND but don’t expect me to buy into a season pass from you guys again.

+ Ti_dus on March 8th, 2012 at 3:29 pm said:

It seems almost every member of FHC feels ripped off. We trusted the Naughty Dog brand and just lost our money. This is the first time in 15 years when I feel let down by Dogs. I miss times when Jason and Andy were presidents.

+ gopengy on March 8th, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

well i’d like to start by saying that DON’T BE A HATER, without naughty dog, there would be no uncharted
and that the djinns aren’t original

I really want back the old uncharted, the days when there weren’t mods, just pick a weapon up when you see it, start with an ak47 and a pistol, a grenade, default 2 slots of grenades, as well as that the co-op modes should be specific like they were before not a mix of all 3 modes

+ jimmyfoxhound on March 8th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

I only have myself to blame for getting that FHC membership. NEVER EVER will I trust a company without verifying EXACTLY what I’m getting. I was re-sold all old maps from Uncharted 2… minimal work for ND with maximum profit. I don’t blame them for milking me, that’s what companies do but from now on I’m going to be much smarter with my money. Never again.

PAGE 1 2