GTAV PS4

5 Reasons Shoot Many Robots is Better with Friends

Josh Glavine's Avatar + Posted by Josh Glavine on Mar 12, 2012 // Lead Designer, Shoot Many Robots

Available tomorrow on PSN, Shoot Many Robots is an action game with a twist: You can play with up to four people cooperatively online. If you don’t already have an excuse to make three friends and kill some robots, we’ve provided five:

Shoot Many Robots for PS3 (PSN)

More, More, More

It’s a simple formula. As you add more players to Shoot Many Robots, you’ll encounter more robots, more explosions, and more chaos. Playing with co-op partners increases the number of robots in each level which means more things to kill…and more ways to kill them. And more dead robots means more Nut pickups, which enable you to buy new guns and gear. All of the randomly dropping items like powerups and loot also drop more frequently. In co-op, everything is just more fun.

Coopetition - Shoot Many Robots

Co-opetition

At the end of each mission, the players with the highest kill counts are rewarded with more Nuts. This means you must work cooperatively to complete a mission, while also competing for the most kills – hence, “co-opetition.”

Shoot Many Robots for PS3 (PSN)

Pick-Me-Ups

In co-op, you can revive your partners if they are downed. Having squadmates to keep each other alive will help you get through the more challenging robot battles.

Shoot Many Robots for PS3 (PSN)

Tutu Strategy

You can equip anything from a tutu to a shark fin, jetpack, tighty whities, and a grenade launcher (to name a few of the hundreds of items available). Each item affects your character’s stats differently, but the real strategic fun starts when you learn to coordinate your getup to complement your squadmates. Crafty teams will coordinate lethal weapon combos like “fire and ice,” where one player slows the robots with a freeze ray while the other annihilates them with a flamethrower (and a raccoon hat that boosts critical hit chance).

Shoot Many Robots for PS3 (PSN)

Drinking Games

The best reason to play with friends is for the games you can make up outside of Shoot Many Robots. Every time you have to drink to gain health in-game, you have to drink in real life. The player with the lowest kill count at the end of each mission has to wear a tutu… in real life. Get creative, and have fun killing robots with your friends!

+ BlindsideDork on March 12th, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

How much should my friends and I look to pay for this?

+ ajvrbv4 on March 12th, 2012 at 2:36 pm said:

Does anybody know if this will be on the vita? or cross-platform? please let me know

+ Matrix_Lion on March 12th, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

Okay, I’ll give this a shot.

+ morris_family on March 12th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Well well well…… Anyone else notice the green A in the second picture? I’m just saying, if you are talking about Playstation or PS3 at least use the correct console. I am tired of seeing this garbage on my PS3, stuff like “Duke Nukem: Forever” I saw XBOX360 controller and Master Chief’s Armor. This is ridiculous.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 12th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

A video wouldve bin nice..but i guess i can njoy the demo and see if this game is worth my hard earned 9.99..if thats the price.Im already into the SHOOTING TOWARDS ROBOTS part ..i just hope the game play is as fun as it sounds :p

+ Schmeghead2010 on March 12th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

sony…..it has nearly been 5 weeks since firmware 4.10 killed your official 7.1 stereo wireless headset….where is the fix?!?!?!? this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ OCxViRuXz on March 12th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Not to be a smart a$$ here but i find it rather funny. Are you trying to sell me this game on my ps3 or something i dont own which is xbox360? The second picture clearly shows its for xbox lol…

+ OCxViRuXz on March 12th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

@schmeghead2012 quit ur trollin. this is ur 3rd post ive seen 2day about the same thing. sony is not at 4.10 anymore there at 4.11 n mine works just fine.

+ Kane22_ on March 12th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

it seems great to come here on a PlayStation site and show nothing but 360 pictures. why aren’t you guys showing the ps3 version. and don’t give me that crap it looks and plays the same. we’ve been down that road way too many times. I hate how devs do that to us.

+ JuggaloMemnoch on March 12th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

What’s funny is they edited the picture and took the A button out… We’re not dumb we still know these are 360 screenshots…

+ windsmere on March 12th, 2012 at 4:17 pm said:

@Schmeghead2010 my Sony headset works perfect I was just using it today.

+ OCxViRuXz on March 12th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

LMAO… JuggaloMemnoch thanx for pointing that out… Sony and Josh Glavine u guys crack me up lol…

+ Hogwild333 on March 12th, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

I am really excited this game. Thank you for providing a demo so it will be easy to make a purchase decision. Can you tell us how many players will be supported on one console? I’ve seen conflicting reports between two and four.

Josh Glavine's Avatar

+ Josh Glavine on March 12th, 2012 at 6:11 pm said:

Hey guys! To answer a few questions:

It’s $10, and you can play 4 players online, and you can have 2-player couch co-op (who can join online matches, too). There’s no cross-platform play, and no vita version announced.

Sorry about that screen slipup – we’re an indie studio trying our best to get our game out there, and some lackey (the jerk next to me) sent the wrong one! I’ll make sure he wears the office horse head as punishment tomorrow. (http://demiurgestudios.com/uploads/general/blog/kof_horsehead.jpg)

+ cosmis_chaos on March 12th, 2012 at 9:43 pm said:

Only 10 bucks AND I can play online with other people? Awesome. That adds so much value to this game. But one question though. How long is the game? How many levels? Is it going to be as long as Metal Slug or longer? Or shorter?

Josh Glavine's Avatar

+ Josh Glavine on March 13th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

@cosmis_chaos – The game is quite a bit longer than metal slug, we’re talkin 6-8 hours just to finish normal mode. There is also a long end game with more difficult versions of the levels and unique gear for players who reach level 50. It took our QA guys over 24 hours to beat the insane mode levels in 4-player co-op.

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 13th, 2012 at 12:38 am said:

I think I’ll be getting this. For only $10, you get what looks to be an awesomely humorous game, and 4P online co-op? Yes, please!
Good thing I just topped off my wallet the other day when I bought Journey. Got plenty to grab this and the new episode of Young Justice, plus anything else that grabs my fancy in the full update.

+ sbattu on March 13th, 2012 at 2:09 am said:

good

+ Major_Hoare on March 13th, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

@Josh

Your game looks fun. Will make a purchase decision based upon demo. Has your office played Crash Commando? That one was a psn gem.

+ GT-420 on March 13th, 2012 at 6:54 am said:

PLEASE tell me the horse head is in game!!!

+ CaveBo on March 13th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

Looks sweet! Is there an option for those of us that just want to shoot a couple of robots?

Josh Glavine's Avatar

+ Josh Glavine on March 13th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

No we don’t offer an option for pacifists or those who only want to shoot “some” robots we strongly encourage you to shoot many robots.

+ Joe-TFW on March 13th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Definitely down for the demo. Had my eye on this for some time now and glad it’s seeing a release this week. need to add some cash to my PSN account so I can partake in the full version.

+ Bilouze on March 13th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

1 reason why this game will suck : ubisoft

Josh Glavine's Avatar

+ Josh Glavine on March 13th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Hey guys,

The game’s out this morning check out the demo, and hit me up with any questions you have.

+ Jak23ft on March 13th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Hey Josh, is this game going to be free/discounted for Plus members?

+ mcbuttz78 on March 13th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

make that guy wear a tutu and horse head and make him stand out side onthe corner near the high way and do krazy dances..

A cardnal sin here is to post up xbox pic of the game.. But you are forgiven this time, becuase you took quick actions. for that you are forgiven.

mcbutt78