PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PSN Spring Fever 2012: New Games, Discounts, Call of Duty Sale This Week

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Mar 12, 2012 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

The sun is starting to shine brighter and the days are longer, which can only mean one thing: Spring Fever is back on PlayStation Network! Every year, Spring Fever brings a bouquet of fresh new downloadable PS3 games to PSN with some special offers and discounts in the PlayStation Store each week for three weeks. This year, we’re also offering discounts on tons of content from some of the biggest franchises in games, with a new franchise featured each week. In addition, there will be special PlayStation Plus benefits throughout the event, including awesome early access and huge discounts (up to 75% off!).

Spring Fever

This week Spring Fever starts off strong with one of the most highly-anticipated and best PSN games ever, Journey, and one of the biggest game franchises of all time, Call of Duty. PlayStation Plus subscribers have already been enjoying Journey, thanks to the early access they’ve had to the game for the past week.  Today is the last day for PS Plus subscribers to take advantage of this special offer, so head into the PlayStation Store today to download it if you haven’t already.

The Call of Duty franchise sale starts tomorrow when the Store publishes, so check out the full list of discounts below. The other featured franchises will be Final Fantasy and Tom Clancy. We’ll be offering up to 50% off various games, map packs, add-ons and bundled content, with up to 75% discounts awarded to our PS Plus subscribers. Each week, we’ll be revealing the full list of Spring Fever franchise deals in the Store Update blog post every Tuesday, so check back to see what content from your favorite franchises will be discounted. Spring Fever continues to bloom with new offers each week through April 2nd, so there’s a lot to look forward to!

SPRING FEVER NEW RELEASES:

3/13 – Journey: Enter the world of Journey, the third game from acclaimed indie developers thatgamecompany and presented by SCEA Santa Monica Studio.

• Available one week early to PS Plus subscribers – Includes an Exclusive Free Theme – One day left!
  • Available to ALL PSN USERS starting tomorrow

3/20 – Rayman 3 HD: Rayman 3 HD takes Rayman on an epic journey through diverse worlds. This classic is remastered with HD and Trophy support.

• PlayStation Plus subscribers – 20% off

3/27 – Closure: In Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. Featuring 100 puzzles, an award-winning soundtrack and hand-drawn art.

• PlayStation Plus subscribers – 20% off

SPRING FEVER FRANCHISE SALE – THIS WEEK:

Call of Duty (3/13 – 3/19)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

• PS3 Game + Variety Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus $14.69)
  • PS3 Game (Reg. $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79)
  • Variety Map Pack (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Call of Duty Classic

• PS3 Game (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• PS3 Game + 2 DLC Bundle (Reg. $59.99 (value), Sale $41.99, PS Plus $- $29.39)
  • PS3 Game (Reg. $29.99, Sale $20.99, PS Plus  $14.69)
  • Stimulus Package – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
  • Resurgence Pack – (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)

Call of Duty: World at War

• Map Pack Bundle (Reg. $24.99, Sale $17.49, PS Plus $12.24)
  • Map Pack 1 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
  • Map Pack 2 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)
  • Map Pack 3 (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Call of Duty: Black Ops

• PS3 Game (Reg. $49.99, Sale $39.99)

+ buffpotato on March 12th, 2012 at 3:58 pm said:

@41, Artic edge was removed from the store because it can be used as an exploit to run Homebrew Loader on the Vita.

+ Ehahneli-13 on March 12th, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

Not into CoD, but EVERYONE should pick up Journey if they haven’t already. It is a beautiful game (not just talking about art direction and graphics). Please support the companies that create and provide this wonderful content.

+ megamixer on March 12th, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

@Ro Hernandez
“PSN Card is so necessary.”

IAWTP. Debit card used to suffice, but after what happened to PSN (and my card personally) last *spring* I can wholeheartedly say PSN cards are the only way to go.

Speaking of spring, what’s with all the negative nellies in here? Does the spring not immediately bring to mind shooting people? New life is born into the world every spring. So taking life fits… um, well, look its too DEEP to get into but it makes perfect sense I swear.

:D

+ Linkums on March 12th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Hmm… I could get most of those for cheaper at my locally owned game store or on a Steam sale. But Journey is going to be very tempting.

+ mugenone on March 12th, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

uhhhh whats Closure? other than that ive already got my copy of Journey. amazing game. ill probably just be checking out the dlc for the week besides that, though.

+ DeathGazer on March 12th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

Yes! Closure!

I assume we’ll be getting some posts about it on the blog soon? It’s been on my radar ever since it was announced.

+ FishBoyFive on March 12th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

We need Battlefield 3 Digital Download on the store please

I want a Digital copy of the game please

+ tijms on March 12th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

Hey there, I need some help. I still can’t sign in to PSN, whenever I try to sign in it gives me a message saying “Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance”. Please help it has already been a week or so not signing in to PSN.

+ Mattsta001 on March 12th, 2012 at 5:14 pm said:

Really happy to see Closure and of course Journey on there, but the last blog post on Closure was in August last year and I think it’s going to slip under the radar. Could you guys do another blog post on the game, maybe as part of a feature on the indie titles being released this year? There is the perception that PSN is severely lacking in indie titles compared to XBLA. Would be great to see what we can look forward to coming out this year and build some hype for the indie devs.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Tyler Glaiel on March 12th, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

Working on it, we were at GDC all last week and are prepping a launch trailer this week.

+ Death_to_Xbox_ on March 12th, 2012 at 5:16 pm said:

I was so excited when I read “The Call of Duty franchise sale” and thought YES Black Ops DLC is finally going to be on sale as I can not justify the $15 for 4 DLCs… anyway so I scrolled down just to see all BUT the Black Ops DLC will be on sale. Well so I wait so more.

+ MR-TROOPER on March 12th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

I would love to see Homefront in this sale at some point. Its an mazing game but I only have $19.00 left on my wallet..so maybe i could get a good deal with PS Plus? Well anyway is there a chance that Homefornt will be on sale?

+ Moofboy on March 12th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

So… Mass Effect is a franchise…right? How about some love? Thanks guys!

+ MR-TROOPER on March 12th, 2012 at 5:43 pm said:

Oh wait Homefront isnt a franchise :(…I will just have to wait for a sale on it then. Dissapointing:((

+ drakenbutch on March 12th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

when will mw3 be in psn store??

+ El_Invader_93 on March 12th, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

when are they re -making of kingdom hearts on the ps3

+ JegBot on March 12th, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

Wow, still no discount for Black Ops DLC? Shame on you Activision. The game is a year and 4 months old. It’s time to give us a damn deal.

+ Taco_Grande on March 12th, 2012 at 6:27 pm said:

To the PLUS members that have downloaded Journey this week. I have read stories that suggest that there is a dynamic theme that comes with the game, but when I go to buy it on PSN store, it does not say anything about it.

Can anyone confirm that they are a PLUS member that has downloaded Journey and received the dynamic theme ?

Thank you for your time and patience.

-Mathew

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on March 12th, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

So, when are we going to get a big update for PSP games on the Vita? I know I’m not the only one that has at least one PSP game that I know works but am not allowed to move to my PSV or download from the store because it’s not up on the Vita’s version.

Am looking forward to see what’s done with Final Fantasy… I hope we get an update on PSV’s PS1 emulator soon…

+ TUSTIN1 on March 12th, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

To hell with Call of Duty.

Sony should take the same stance as Microsoft (can’t believe I just said that) and say that if content isn’t available at the same time, no PlayStation release.

Screw ‘em, we don’t need their crap.

+ MonsieurLeblanc on March 12th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

Sup guise. How much will Closure cost?

+ Jedah_PR on March 12th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

Journey should be a midnight release tonight…

+ kiratachibana on March 12th, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

Any THQ sales like the one in EU last week? Can’t wait to get Space Marine DLC if they are on sales.

+ D-Squad3 on March 12th, 2012 at 7:23 pm said:

And here I thought Journey was gonna have a discount. :(

Can we still get that Journey dynamic theme in the future?

+ supvic on March 12th, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

Why no Black Ops DLC included in the sale? CoD4, MW2 and WaW all have DLC included or on sale, why not Black Ops? at $40 for an OLD game, including DLC in the sale is more than expected.

+ DJMaxxi on March 12th, 2012 at 7:51 pm said:

I understand that Call of Duty is overrated, but I can’t see why people think it’s a trend to hate on the series. It’s kind of sad, to be honest.

+ Elvick_ on March 12th, 2012 at 7:59 pm said:

@18: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/07/sorcery-storms-playstation-move-this-may/

It’s coming out in May. Pay attention yo. =P

+ lobotomies4free on March 12th, 2012 at 8:28 pm said:

just realized World at War isn’t on PSN. wish it was so the sale could apply

+ Emerald_Swords on March 12th, 2012 at 8:30 pm said:

Definitely worth picking up Call of duty 4 and World At War, both outstanding titles.

+ rd-kryten on March 12th, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

Ok so the map pack DLC’s for all the other Call of Duty games are on sale EXCEPT for Black Ops. Do they plan of discounting this a year from now when everyone else has moved on to the newer series?

Not smart at all.

At least it’ll keep my wallet safe!

+ EazyE321 on March 12th, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

come on, COD Black Ops can’t go any cheaper then $39.99? i guess i’ll have to hit up gamestop to get a used copy ($34.99) so i can bring back some Zombie Killing.

+ Souledge94 on March 12th, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

hope next week is better. I dont care about COD.

+ Boxster17 on March 12th, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

Nothing really for me this week, though I’ll mention everyone should experience Journey. Also wish Closure was on the Vita, as I would probably have picked it up for that (too many games on the go with the PS3 for a while).

Look forward to seeing what next week offers, still have some money in my wallet I’m looking to spend.

+ drakenbutch on March 12th, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

can u answer my question if mw3 will be in psn soon so i can buy it and play it again

+ drakenbutch on March 12th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

SOMEONE FROM SONY ANSWER MY QUESTION AND I CANT PLAY MW3 I KEEP GETTING DISC READ ERROR CRAP OR IT FREEZE UP AND NOW MY PS3 MESS UP NOT READ HALF MY GAME AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MW3 BE ON PSN STORE SO I CAN BUY ANOTHER NETWORK CARD TO GET IT

+ g0r-g0r_420 on March 12th, 2012 at 11:57 pm said:

when will i be able to copy PSone games onto my vita? and when will they add Legend of Dragoon to the PS store?

+ Victoryismine52 on March 13th, 2012 at 1:38 am said:

I’m on to you PSN giving me Sly 1 for free just so I can get hooked and buy 2 and 3 the next week…

+ angelspawn77 on March 13th, 2012 at 2:22 am said:

Only need one thing this week, JOURNEY, game looks amazing, its a shame that its only about 2 hours long (based on reviews), but I’m sure the experience will be worth it.

+ kcku0527 on March 13th, 2012 at 2:32 am said:

I have really thought about buying a Vita, in fact have the $299.99 in my back pocket looking at it here at Wal-mart right now. I think I’ll pass until you guys fix the problem with remote play, as that is the main feature I’m interested in. I really would like to throw down more than what I paid for my PS3 system for this powerhouse but not until it gets the playstation plus support it deserves. Oh, and speaking of Playstation Plus, it has totally not been worth my money, except for last week with Journey. (Amazing game!!!) The games of the year discounts are cool too, picked up a few of those, but overall very disappointed. Come on Sony!! I would much rather fling dollars your way than to those other guys, but you have to make it worth the time and effort to even check here or the store. Last but not least, COD…..REALLY?……REALLY? Guess I can sleep through the Drop this week, check back next week to be disappointed again.

+ kcku0527 on March 13th, 2012 at 2:38 am said:

@angelspawn77

Journey is amazing, graphics are beautiful, u will not be disappointed. Buy it probably should be a early choice for PSN game of the year for this year already. Even better if u have someone else playing online to make the trip with u. Definitely one of the few recent games worth your time.

+ tj5678 on March 13th, 2012 at 3:10 am said:

@51

Thanks for the responce. I hope they patch the game (arctic edge) or update the firmware b/c I’d genuening like to play the game on the vita’s beautiful screen along with several of my other psp games which I own digital copies.

+ ShaunRW on March 13th, 2012 at 4:09 am said:

How do I get the Journey theme? I’m PS+ and got Journey last week (GREAT game!) but I can’t find the theme anywhere?

+ BIG-SLUG on March 13th, 2012 at 4:36 am said:

@ 89 It should have downloaded along with the game if you got it last week. look under your downloads folder in the PS store

+ stp366 on March 13th, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

Hey Come on, Its time to drop the price on the Black Ops maps dont you think. Who plays any of the older COD games? nobody

+ charon136 on March 13th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

Will someone please tell me why I can’t download my pre-ordered copy of Journey?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 13th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Pre-Order will be available when the game releases today. Check back later this afternoon and you should see a product for you to DL.

+ Lapwner on March 13th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Please fix Call of Duty 4 before you get people to buy it on sale…the “Yes/No” Continue Screen is annoying and involves a tedious and lengthy fix of turning off your router, then turning it back on again once you are in the game. Furthermore, the online is ruined by hackers and modders. This account (my main account) got hacked and apparently customer support can’t reset me back to Level 1 stats, even though I was maliciously affected in matchmaking. Fix this, and maybe you can get people to buy CoD4. But for now, even on sale, I wouldn’t recommend CoD4 for PS3, it is ruined.

+ DOGWITCH on March 13th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

bummer. we need more psn games on sale.

+ LAunited on March 13th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

What time are new PSN games available for purchase? It’s after 10 AM Pacific time, and Journey is still listed as pre-order only. Shouldn’t it be available for purchase by now?

+ Zoidzerg on March 13th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Are other new games being offered each week besides the franchise ones?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 13th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Only one spotlight title each week (listed above), but the Franchise sale changes out each week.

+ illmatic24 on March 13th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

Didn’t the Europe PSN Store recently do a 30-50% off on all Final Fantasy games? I hope we get that same deal next week for the Final Fantasy spring sale. If it’s 50% off for PS+ members, I’ll be spending a lot of money.

+ Dumad on March 13th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

I can’t believe that COD black ops still in such a high price… Will wait more for it then….