PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Tester 3 Episode 6: Tower Power

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Mar 13, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

With only five gamers remaining, the group isn’t pulling any punches when it comes to these final challenges. Last week’s episode found the group battling blindfolded on the beaches of Santa Monica in a God of War-inspired challenge with the winners earning a behind-the-scenes tour of Santa Monica Studio. If you missed this rare inside look, you can still watch it right here.

This week, it’s every gamer for themselves as Dylan Jobe, president of Lightbox Interactive, puts the gamers to task in a Starhawk-inspired “Build and Battle” challenge. Each gamer will attempt to build the highest tower out of blocks and also be forced to reveal brutally honest opinions about their fellow housemates.

As always, you can watch the entire episode in the What’s New section of the XMB, PlayStation Home’s Theater 2 (where the limited edition ‘The Tester 3” game over hoodies are awarded), or download in glorious HD from the PlayStation Store after today’s update. And, once again, we’re hosting the full episode below, so you can watch right here on The PlayStation Blog! (Please do not post spoilers!)

Also, the ‘Superfan’ viewing quest continues in PlayStation Home and you still have a chance to re-join the quest as a special The Tester 3 marathon is running in Theater 6 where you can earn the previously released limited edition “The Tester 3” hoodies for your avatar.

The sixth Twitter giveaway for The Tester 3 is next Monday, March 19. Follow @PlayStation to participate, and keep an eye out for a trivia question related to Episode 6. Congratulations to @candisbross for winning yesterday’s Episode 5 prize package!

For next week, the prize package is for the Starhawk aficionado:

• The Tester 3 t-shirt
  • 1 month PlayStation Plus voucher
  • Signed copy of Starhawk by Dylan Jobe
  • Starhawk Poster
  • Starhawk T-shirt

Please remember to allow fans the chance to enjoy the show by NOT posting any spoilers in the comments below, or in the PlayStation forums.

+ ATES on March 13th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

I just skipped to the end just to see who went home and was happy with who they sent home because how they showed how that person acted in previous episodes, Now I am going to watch it in full.

+ Trieloth on March 13th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

Awesome! I almost forgot it was tuesday and a new episode of tester will be up. Before the haters show up I want to say thanks for the show and looking forward to watching this tonight in PShome theater.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 13th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

Thanks for the support. Hope you enjoy this week’s ‘cast off’ hoodie reward in Home.

+ lisatsunami on March 13th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

@Kevin, the Tester is really good this season & the people who deserve to go so far, have gone. I’m changing my vote to Achilles (sp?) as the most deserving to win. I forget the name of the guy from Santa Monica studios last week, but that guy, Mr. Unblinking, seemed like someone who wouldn’t be nice to work for.

I’ll download in HD tonight.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 13th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Last week’s guest panelist was Creative Director, Todd Papy. The episode definitely makes him look more serious than in person. He’s a great guy and I’ve seen him blink many times.

+ rhoadsie on March 13th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Well, this Thursday’s episode of Beyond will be interesting.

+ LovesJapanManga on March 13th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

*Pointing finger at you, KEVIN*… When will you finally find a way to offer Subtitle support for these episodes…??? *Snap fingers* GET TO WORK BY FINDING DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE THIS WORK. :-)

No complaints here, but wished you would consider this option despite if it is truly that challenging or that difficult to do so… But please get this done, okay? Thank you very much.

+ Schmeghead2010 on March 13th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

sony…..it has been 5 weeks since firmware 4.10 killed your official 7.1 stereo wireless headset….where is the fix?!?!?!? this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ SarasPassion on March 13th, 2012 at 1:17 pm said:

Well, this was an interesting episode. Can’t wait for next week’s episode!

+ drakenbutch on March 13th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

sony can u finally answer my question stop ignoring me when will mw3 be available in psn store????

+ oBlossom92o on March 13th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

I am very satisfied with this week’s episode. Very.

+ Blackstar131 on March 13th, 2012 at 1:43 pm said:

cant wait for next episode

+ Zezzler on March 13th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

@5
Update your ps3 to 4.11 and stop complaining.

+ kivi95 on March 13th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

Skydiddy must be the most awesome person I have ever seen 0_0. Really hope he wins!! But on the other hand it would be great if a girl finally won too.

Really think everyone that is left deserves to win.

+ D-Squad3 on March 13th, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Update the freaking store already! I refuse to watch The Tester on Youtube.

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 13th, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

This season of The Tester keeps geting better n better!!!! I can’t wait to see the next episode after seeing the preview @ the end. Great job guys!!! Woot!! Woot!! Now let’s go on PlayStation Home, invade the Tester Theater and see what the community is fuzzing about!!! Woot! :P

+ thecreekman on March 13th, 2012 at 2:36 pm said:

+ Schmeghead2010 on March 13th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:
sony…..it has been 5 weeks since firmware 4.11 killed your official 7.1 stereo wireless headset….where is the fix?!?!?!? this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% true for both updates

+ ItaChu on March 13th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

wow that trailer at the end makes me really think realitypales gets kicked out next week lol or the wacky guy

+ moup94 on March 13th, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

So happy with who went home :3

+ Zezzler on March 13th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

Wow, Egoraptor got krysti pryde and kwajamonster’s youtube accounts terminated for copyright infringement on his name :P haha

+ triple_lei on March 13th, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

Great episode! Love how the challenges all tie into qualities of being a tester. They’re not pointless like in, say, Survivor.

+ supervegeta566 on March 13th, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

skydiddy seems like such a awesome dude lol. +rep for him

+ tacosapien on March 13th, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

Skyd1ddy has been the best contestant on this show, aside from not winning immunity on challenge 5 he has won every single challenge with exception to the first. Adding in his animated personality to his obvious skills he has to have won this seasons competition.

+ Matches324 on March 13th, 2012 at 8:24 pm said:

Did anyone else notice that, at the end of the episode, someone off-screen pulled the tower down with a string?

+ kidchaos74 on March 13th, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

Another great episode. The claws have finally come out, who’s gonna survive and win? Gotta wait another seven days…..Ahhhh

+ Crimsonscyes on March 13th, 2012 at 9:32 pm said:

When will this be up on the PSN? I want to watch the new episode on my Vita. ;)

+ Peachio on March 13th, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

Where can I get that Journey t-shirt that Brent Gocke is wearing!? :D I love Journey and would love to sport this T-shirt!

+ DCfan555 on March 14th, 2012 at 1:10 am said:

hey give suzkaiden a break i bet she work hard to get this far

+ G__ROW on March 14th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Achilles is very professional and seems like he would do well in the industry. He definitely seems like the type of person I would want on my team. I’m rooting for him!

I hope Reality is the next to go… he doesn’t deserve to be there.

@Kevin Furuichi, for as much grief as I’ve given the show, I have somewhat enjoyed it. Though, I’m still totally against this season’s prize.

+ ShornB on March 14th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

Love this show. really wish they had something like this in England. That being said, is The Tester available to download on PSN in UK? couldnt find it anywhere.

+ Spacerac on March 14th, 2012 at 3:58 pm said:

Suz got a bad shake in my opinion.

+ X_FryLock_X on March 15th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

I Think Relity should have been one to go home. I for sky making it all the way.

+ X_FryLock_X on March 15th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

When will they do recruitment for season 4?

+ TAVOBLACKWALLIN on March 16th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

can anyone please tell me where i can get that shirt Achilles is wearing at the end?

+ elred_89 on March 18th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

Ok, Im leaving a second comment because the first one is gonna get censored. Excuse my rudeness, but suzkaidens elimination was uncalled for. She was kicked out by pressure from the others, just because she is hispanic. Well, Im puerto rican and I know its not the first nor last time hispanics wont be treated differently, but hey, god bless america, right? And please dont anyone tell me she was kicked out by poor performance, because we all know it isnt true.

+ elred_89 on March 18th, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

“hispanics will be” sorry for typo

+ PvySage89 on March 18th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

I gotta say Dylan Jobe was such a hypocrite saying Skydiddy did to much then saying suzkaiden did to little and also saying Krysti Pryde didn’t do enough when she rebuilt her tower. fking @sswipes don’t understand Hard work.

Also: DING DONG, The witch is dead; which old Witch? THE WICKED WITCH!

+ docwally on March 18th, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

Good episode.

+ AlloutSkitzo on March 19th, 2012 at 3:52 am said:

The Tester is good and all but it’s starting to get a little repetitive with the other seasons… Why not bust out some Fear Factor stunts to actually put them under pressure…

+ SolusPrime on March 19th, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

@33 That’s just dumb, not only did Suzkaiden do bad at previous events, but she didn’t even try to build up her tower, she pretty much gave up after stacking them like a “5 year old”, shows no determination whatsoever. And to your other comment…. i’m puerto rican myself, so using the “race card” is just stupid, especially in this case, your probably the only person to even think that she was eliminated for that reason.