Bloodborne

The Ratchet & Clank Collection Going 1080p on PS3, Multiplayer Included

Ted Price's Avatar + Posted by Ted Price on Mar 15, 2012 // CEO, Insomniac Games

RC10_Logo_Layered_05_Final

It’s amazing that it’s been almost 10 years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievements of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games. In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

The collection will release this fall in North America. I know it’s a little bit later than the Spring European release, but it’s because we have something very special planned for our North American fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and we’ll share all the details very soon.

We’re so excited that PlayStation has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PS2 adventures the HD remaster treatment they deserve. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ NotoriousGamer on March 15th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Ted, you can let ppl do all three PS2 ratchet games in HD with trophies but not allow for R:Fall of Man trophies is a bit extreme. You dont care for the fans who supported u early in ps3′s life with Resistance 1, so that y I think ppl like me abandoned Resistance 3 (it was hardly resistance like anyway).

Just get your act together and put trophies into Fall of Man to avoid Fall of Insomniac!

+ hypermidget101 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

I know you say you have something special for North American fans, but is there any chance you’ll have something for fans here in the EU/UK for example? Also great news about the collection! I’ve been hearing rumours for ages and hoped one would finally turn up, and with multiplayer to boot!

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

There is more to the 10th Anniversary Celebration worldwide.

The special bonus is just something for having to wait. Lots of good stuff coming this year

+ greyghost5992 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

its finally coming :D wait what no deadlocked? why?

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Well, HD Collections at that price generally include 2 or 3 games…. soooo…

+ Teflon02 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Please say this is being released on vita also, or deadlock on vita so you can play the co-op with friends (I loved up your arsenals multiplayer, I always played it on my old ps3 but for some reason the game didn’t run smooth at all compared to when I played on ps2. and WOW full 1080p with 60fps and online multiplayer! I think t6he Jak collection needs a “Jak & Daxter HD Collection Corrected” :P this is how they all should run. 60fps

+ Draco416 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

I’ll pay more! I’ll pay more! JUST PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE add Deadlocked!!!!!

+ Jakintosh on March 15th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

@ 40

I don’t know what you’re smoking. I’ve played almost every collection, and the J&D Collection is EASILY the best of them all. If you are referring to the fact that it was 720p, you need to remember that Uncharted 3 RIGHTFULLY won “Best Graphics” last year from many sites, over heavy hitters like Battlefield 3. Resolution is not everything, my friend. The art assets Naughty Dog left behind on games like Jak II and Jak 3 were almost early PS3 quality. It is also for that reason that I expect the Ratchet Collection to be beautiful: these games were beautiful back in the day too. I’m actually really looking forward to UYA. That game will look GORGEOUS in 1080p.

+ Zoidzerg on March 15th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

@40:

Nice list! I am a big fan of a lot of the classic PS2 games but don’t have enough time to play them all (I HATE BEING AN ADULT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!). So, it is good to know which ones to avoid. I avoided the RE ones after reading reviews on various websites. After reading your list I am probably not going to get the Prince of Persia ones (I will see what others say on the internet, because the internet is always right).

So far I have got Sly Collection, Jak, and Ico/Shadow (but can’t play it for a while). Jak seemed okay, but I thought Sly got more work done. Curious as to what you think about Jak since it is one on your list that I actually played.

Anyway, if anyone else knows a website where they break down the best of the HD collections and the worst that would be super for someone like me! Link me up! Silent Hill is probably going to be my next one… I am plenty familiar with the controversy on that one. lol.

+ rjejr on March 15th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

10 years? Just right for the next generation, and I don’t mean systems. I’ve played all 3 of these and they were great, but I very rarely play anything twice, but my 7 year old son who is very much into platforming and violence is really going to love playing these 3.

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

We can’t wait for folks who played them as teenagers or maybe a younger sibling to start playing them with their kids now.

+ JohnAlden on March 15th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Can’t wait to fight Courtney Gears all over again, having Rachet And Clank: Up Your Arsenal Multiplayer to the HD collection is an huge plus.

+ themajestic-2 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

3 plats??? wow

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

NOW ALL SONY NEEDS TO DO IS REMAKE SOCOM COMBINED ASSAULT AND TENCHU ..WITH SOME ONLINE FEATURES :P..IM PRETTY SURE THESE HD REMAKES WILL BOOST SALES FOR PLAYSTATION.ALTHOUGH THERE ARE SOME GAMES THAT I HOPE ARE NOT REMADE IN HD BUT MADE FOR THE PS3..AND THATS SYPHONFILTER AND DEMOLITION DURBY.

+ Ace_Attorney on March 15th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Multiplayer’s back? Time to start camping the teleporters with the Mine Glove again.

Words cannot describe how much I’ve been looking forward to this collection.

+ BRIT-KO on March 15th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Excellent, this will go nicely alongside my Sly Cooper Collection…great job everyone!

+ LilWayneSuckz on March 15th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

When is Insomniac going to give more info on “Overstrike”?

+ TheAlbraskan on March 15th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

The PS2 Ratchet & Clank games are the reason I’ve opened up to other game franchises and gaming platforms. I remember that day at a local Toys ‘R’ Us that my dad decided to get the first Ratchet & Clank on the PS2 (since there was a demo of R&C:GC, but the game wasn’t out yet.) I didn’t get very far into it after getting stuck, until one of my friends showed me that there’s multiple routes to get certain gadgets and Infobots to progress. Eventually I got farther in than my friend had gotten (he only played R&C at another friends house) and I eventually beat it, and found out about the second play through and what goodies that offered.

Oh man I remember those days. I knew the R&C HD collection would come! Kinda a bummer that Ratchet: Deadlocked isn’t on there, but I can understand why. But heck yeah, R&C:UyA online multiplayer is a great treat I didn’t think would come in the collection! Also my first online multiplayer game I’ve ever played!

LONG
LIVE
PLAY!

+ imboi on March 15th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

nice please tell me there is going to be a PlayStation vita version or cross-play bundle

+ Arcadian_Rebel on March 15th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Awesome! I’ve been wanting to get these games, but there were simply too many! This will be a good buy! :)

+ Jenovah on March 15th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Hope you guys release a Vita version.

+ Williamsky on March 15th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

So glad you guys are releasing an HD collection, no Deadlocked is a bummer but I can’t complain over the other 3. I’m excited to see what you have in store for us for the 10th Anniversary Celebration. This is truly the Greatest Video Game Franchise EVER!

+ kivi95 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

How about releasing an HD version of deadlocked on psn at a later date then? Would love to have the complete ratchet and clank serie on the ps3!!

+ mjc0961 on March 15th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

No Deadlocked? What a shame. I guess I can hope that Deadlocked is the “something very special planned for our North American fans” though.

+ mjc0961 on March 15th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

“Well, HD Collections at that price generally include 2 or 3 games…. soooo…”

Soooo charge more and put Deadlocked in. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection had 5 games for more than the usual HD Collection price, no reason why that can’t happen again.

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

This option was considered. We had our reasons for this way, but don’t think we didn’t think of it

+ Dyoxen on March 15th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

WoooooHooooo!!! I love these games and it’s been long overdue in my opinion. I’ve played the originals so many times it makes me sick and yet i can’t wait to plow through them again so i can get all them trophies. Thx guys 8)

+ C-0719 on March 15th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

i loved the ones on the ps3. Some of my fav games of all time! Never got to play the ps2 ones and now i will! Day one buy for me! This totaly made my gaming year :D ratchet and clank goty 2012 :D

+ oycomics on March 15th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

I have a wishlist of games/series I would love to see remastered in HD for PS3 . . . THIS series was at the top of the list. So, needless to say, I’m very, VERY happy right now.

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on March 15th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

IT IS OVER GOODBYE COD MW3 AND MW2 ITS OVER

+ TechBlast on March 15th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

im gonna buy it right after it will be availble!
BUT,please tell me that the bonus that north america is getting wont make me feel like “ugh, why didnt i waited few more months”, i dont like that feeling…

anyway- thanks! on my ps2 i finished every game about 30 times…. (: BIG FAN :D

+ erico316ecw on March 15th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

any vita plans from the great studio that brought us great ps games b4 going muitplatform

+ SuperGlitchPro on March 15th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

Question, will the multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal be your PSN account name on this collection?

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

At this point, it looks like it’ll be exactly how it was on PS2, in that you’ll create and play on an account inside the game.

+ TLSBill on March 15th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Ted/James Thanks for the great news! I’ve been a fan of R&C since day 1, and this makes my day. (I also had a launch PS3 that died & can’t play my old copies.) Question time… Are you modifying them to have a unified control scheme? It changed a bit over the years and I was wondering if they are all going to be the same that we’re used to now. Any chance of a savegame import? Leveling the weapons again may take forever… I cannot wait for this to come out!

+ TheGuardianFID on March 15th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Sweet, SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! 8D

+ JonJonXD on March 15th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

This is getting bought so hard.

+ Ambush18 on March 15th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

UYA online was the best time of my gaming life. Played it for years and made tons of friends as a kid that I still talk to today, this will be the reason I buy a ps3.

+ crusher915 on March 15th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

How about Size Matters, Clank and Deadlocked/Gladiator in to a second collection?

+ dreadedpotato on March 15th, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Any chance of Size Matters for the PSP coming back the PSN store anytime soon? Was hoping to buy it to play on the Vita, but it’s not there anymore.

+ Twice_the_A on March 15th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

No DeadLocked :’(?

+ darthmilo77 on March 15th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

2002 was a good year in the city.

+ EXO-Grey-Fox on March 15th, 2012 at 1:17 pm said:

@ mjc0961
mgs collection had 5 games uh what? peace walker,mgs3,mgs2. if you are talking about the nes metal gears that came with mgs3 you are very funny sir. 2,3 and peace walker were re done in hd.

+ JDRATCHET18 on March 15th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

I am so excited for this HD collection! Ratchet & Clank is my favorite game franchise. Insomniac is also my favorite devloper. I already have Overstrike pre-ordered, so I’ll be sure to do the same for this as well!

+ Destiny89 on March 15th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

Insomniac i hope you guys dont mind that i sold All for one to get a PsVita but i will buy the game again very, very soon :D
I love Ratchet and Clank!

+ DivinePaladin27 on March 15th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

You don’t understand how much this means to me. This game series WAS my childhood. I never got to play the UYA multiplayer, but I’d play these games again for $200 in a heartbeat; $40 is a steal. Idol Minds, though I haven’t heard much of you before today, you’ve gained my respect just for making it, but in 1080P? You’ve gained my love, too. Insomniac, somehow you make me love you even more each time you do something. I’d like to say this from the bottom of my heart, and the hearts of gamers everywhere:

WHERE’S DEADLOCKED?

err…what I meant to say was:
Thank you.

+ Elway358 on March 15th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

I’m hoping these are going to release on disc and not PSN download exclusives? I’m not a fan at all of all the titles lately that are releasing as digital version only. I want my disc …

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

It’s coming out on disc

+ NeoRaidenX on March 15th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Nice announcement, I will finally get to play these. Yay! Never did during the PS2 era, played Crack in Time recently, moderately enjoyed. But defintely picking this up, love HD collections.

+ eddieanton on March 15th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

Yeah the missing link! (we already have the sly and j&d collections), I’m anxious to learn about the “special surprise” for the 10th anniversary in NA!!!

+ x_Lava_x on March 15th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

I have been waiting for this! I played the multiplayer in UYA like crazy back when it came out. That community was so much fun even if there weren’t a lot of us! I am really glad more people will get a chance to play online and I cannot wait to get my hands on this! Ahhh!!!

+ Djryuzaki on March 15th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

Throwing in another comment in favor of HD Deadlocked. I would gladly pay more for it to either be on the disc, or as a separate PSN download.Please consider it.

+ Djryuzaki on March 15th, 2012 at 1:39 pm said:

Also, bout damn time.So glad you guys preserved UYA’s online. I only played a few rounds back in the day, but it was great.

+ ryz999 on March 15th, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

And again, Europe gets the short straw. Just for once i’d like us to get the same treatment given to North America. We may get the game earlier than them, but they get something extra for waiting. We have to wait longer for games, but we don’t get anything extra for having to wait.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m overjoyed that this is coming, the Ratchet & Clank series is one of my all time favourites. But I can’t help but feel left out that North Americans fans will be getting something nice to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this awesome series while we’re left in the dark, as usual.

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Again, everything should be available to all. More details when we can share, it’ll all make sense, and YOU GET IT EARLY.

+ alchemistalphons on March 15th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

This is GREAT!!! Such brilliant news, I’m so going to buy this! Thank you for making this happen, IG and Idol Minds!!!!!!!!!! :’) YWEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

+ Motherboop on March 15th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

Great news! I wonder what the North American surprise will be – Deadlocked as an extra? Tools of Destruction trophy support?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6