PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Mar 15

Mar 15

The Ratchet & Clank Collection Going 1080p on PS3, Multiplayer Included

Ted Price's Avatar Posted by CEO, Insomniac Games

RC10_Logo_Layered_05_Final

It’s amazing that it’s been almost 10 years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievements of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games. In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

The collection will release this fall in North America. I know it’s a little bit later than the Spring European release, but it’s because we have something very special planned for our North American fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and we’ll share all the details very soon.

We’re so excited that PlayStation has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PS2 adventures the HD remaster treatment they deserve. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

Veritassdg said:

March 16th, 5:19 am

how about you add ratchet deadlocked. with online support.

Thane_of_Fife said:

March 16th, 7:06 am

I have the first and third one, but when i borrowed the second it wasn’t working, so I was unfortunate to play it. I own all the games on the PS3 platinumed Crack in time. The first one on the ps2 i wasn’t able to finish somehow, but I finished the third one atleast twice, and I used to play the multiplayer offline 4-players splitcreen all the time, it was a blast, but I hope you guys can somehow add splitscreen online in this, although I know that’s highly unlikely. But this is a definite buy for me, Ratchet and Clank was my third all time fav game on the ps2, and my first on the ps3. Can’t wait, although I would love to see some deadlock somehow.

karlcool12 said:

March 16th, 7:39 am

are you gonna do a sly cooper 10th years anniversary special

Ratchetti said:

March 16th, 7:45 am

Every Insomniac made R&C game (except All4One) runs 60FPS… you have to be blind not to notice it O.o

Motherboop said:

March 16th, 7:49 am

I’m going to have to import – too much of a release gap! This will be an amazing collection.

ccrogers15 said:

March 16th, 7:51 am

Ted and James, you do know not every HD collection includes 3 games? Infact, look at this list and see!:

1. Silent hill HD collection – 2games – Silent hill 2&3.
2. Resident evil revival selection- 2 games- RE CV and RE4
3. Resident evil chronicles HD collection- 2 games- RE darkside chronicles and RE umbrella chronicles

Im 100% sure, you can AT LEAST throw in deadlocked, which is one of the most loved in the series… not to mention most funnest.

ccrogers15 said:

March 16th, 7:58 am

@karlcool12

Sly 4 thieves in time, will likely be releases on the sly series 10th aniversary, which is Sep 23, 2012.
Im gonna pre order Sly 4. I adore the sly series, lol, no really, add me as a friend on PSN and check my trophies, i already platinumed all 3 sly games. :)

ccrogers15 said:

March 16th, 8:02 am

Oh and another thing for a final comment for now, thanks insomniac. Your games are always perfect and top of the line (besides ratchet all 4 one).
I adored the spyro trilogy (that has since been destroyed by greedy developers, ahem, activision and skylanders.)
I love all your ratchet games too. The current one im working on, is secret agent clank. Yea, you guys did not develop it, but still. If secret agent clank ever is ported, THE CHECKPOINT SYSTEM NEEDS REWORKED! BECAUSE BOSS BATTLES IN THIS GAME ARE UNFAIR!

fixer1989 said:

March 16th, 8:51 am

When will we see a Kingdom Hearts collection? That would be a great HD remake.

Icestar10 said:

March 16th, 9:15 am

@Shin-Ra: I don’t know what your talking about. The Jak and Daxter collection is 720P. The back of the box says it and my TV says it..

I can’t wait for the Ratchet and Clank collection! :)

YungShep said:

March 16th, 10:33 am

never played any of the older titles, tho i’ve always wanted to, consider it bought!

badger41badger41 said:

March 16th, 12:33 pm

Ok I have a few questions.

1: Up Your Arsenal’s online play: will it be global or will it be region based like it was on PS2?

2: Are there any plans to bring Ratchet: Deadlocked to the PS3? I enjoyed UYA but Id greatly enjoy Deadlocked as well.

3: Will the online server use the same one as the PS2, or will it be a completely different server for PS3.

4: If there is a different server, will the PS2 server remain online after this collection is released?

The collection will be great nevertheless.

triedallthem said:

March 16th, 12:45 pm

Can you play with the PS3 players online if you play the PS2 version of Up Your Arsenal online?

ac123456789 said:

March 16th, 1:12 pm

HOLY S*** ratchet and clank lombax and robot back in action HD 3D cant wait

jimboiscool1 said:

March 16th, 2:37 pm

YES!!! Thanks i’ve been waiting for this!! So Jak and Daxter collection & Ratchet and Clank collection in one year!! My favorite games of all time… which to get first :O

Toxic156 said:

March 16th, 2:54 pm

Although I did not play these games when they originally came out, I have heard a lot of praise for the series. I can’t wait to try the games out myself and develop my own opinion.

Side note: Any update as to when the PS forums will be back up? I know it’s undergoing some updates or something of that nature, but “Be Back Soon” has been up since yesterday…an estimated time would be nice if possible.

Eclispe2025 said:

March 16th, 3:06 pm

Already got mine preordered. Just the main question is when a hd release for the other 3 r&c games deadlocked, size matters, and secret agent clank? When those follow up, then my ps collection will nearly be complete.

Spacerac said:

March 16th, 4:13 pm

Alright Sony my deal with you is 2/3rds complete. I said if there is at LEAST a Jak collection, Ratchet collection, and an Ape Escape collection, I will be willing to give up my 60gb model PS3 for a slim if it were to die. You have one more collection to go.

NeoMahi said:

March 16th, 4:21 pm

Stuffgamer1 said:

March 16th, 5:02 pm

I’m EXTREMELY curious to know why it’s supposedly “impossible” for ANYONE to patch Tools of Destruction…pathetic though I freely admit it is, the primary reason I never finished that game (and as a result never played the sequels) is the lack of Trophy support.

As for the games in the series that are NOT in the collection…I’m hoping for the “second collection with Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank” theory. Then we can have every single game in the series on one machine, with all but two (don’t forget Quest for Booty) having Trophies. *sigh*

I am happy about this collection, mind you, especially the multiplayer. I’m one of the guys who was also very annoyed that the Future series didn’t have multiplayer, as I loved it on PS2 (even though I only ever played locally). Looking forward to it.

ClassicSpyroFan said:

March 16th, 5:04 pm

Hu… my post didn’t go up… o well, lets try again

When I first herd rumors about this I thought that this collection would be only at 720p, but 1080p?! As Skid would say, awesome! But multiplayer too?!?!?! Wow, talk about over achieving!!! Hopefully this wont be a lazy port like the Jak and Daxter collection but I trust that Insomniac games trusts Idol Minds. It would have been cool if this had Deadlock included but I’m ok with it being left out… but at least put it on psn. But I’m REALLY looking forward to this and can’t wait for another nostalgia blast!! btw any news on Overstrike? I’m really looking forward to that too.

EvilDemon452 said:

March 16th, 5:14 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!! Im so happy I could cry :’)

killercroc119 said:

March 16th, 6:57 pm

After seeing All 4 One I wasn’t very excited..
But this is the one collection I was waiting for, the original, single player awesomeness.

sonic0xs said:

March 16th, 8:12 pm

Ratchet and Clank Collection Collector’s Edition?

QUINTISON said:

March 16th, 9:26 pm

Deadlocked might get tossed in with secret agent clank so they can pitch another hd collection as jack x might get put in with daxter again more hd collections.

Regardless leaving the lego sw gameplay unchanged or not putting in deadlocked’s scheme would be more than remiss and leave modern gamers scratching their heads-again ratchet not lego sw and yoda was right about the quick n easy path aka upgrade graphics,throw in trophies and leave 10 year old gameplay in with no updating.

Red_Guy2 said:

March 16th, 9:46 pm

cant wait to play the multiplayer for up your arsenal i never got to play that back in 2004

MeetDKing said:

March 16th, 11:58 pm

“Geez Insomniac, make up your minds already! Are Microsoft not giving you the steady paychecks Sony were so you need this to keep afloat?”

What does that even mean? As far as I know they were never against a R&C collection being released they just said they weren’t going to be the ones to do it. And they’re not. And a lot of people, myself included, have been asking for such a thing to happen.

boofy1 said:

March 17th, 2:00 am

It’s great that are finally making this. I still have my PS2 copies, but my PS3 is not backwards compatible, so I can’t play them any more. And I didn’t have the internet back in 2004 when Up Your Arsenal first came out, so now, I can finally try the online multiplayer for my self. Those screenshots look promising, they look a lot crisper than the Jak & Daxter Collection. I hope they make a second collection with Deadlocked/Gladiator, Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank. That would be nice. But thanks anyway Insomniac for making this.

aks0329 said:

March 17th, 4:01 am

Not included in Ratchet: Deadlocked I feel very sad!!

RATCHET-NINJA said:

March 17th, 5:36 am

HMMMMMMM FOUND THE US ONE…… WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP…..SOMETHING ‘VERY SPECIAL” ……IM SORRY BUT AMERICA GETS EVERYTHING!!…. THAT IS STUPID AND UNFAIR……. TYPICAL!

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

QuebecSuperstar said:

March 17th, 6:57 am

That’s some frickin’ great news right there!!!!!!

JakeRuiner said:

March 17th, 12:37 pm

I hope Ratchet:Deadlocked will be released for the PS3 as well. I loved that game! It was my baby, along with R&C Up your arsenal, the first and second were also good. If its not possible to make Deadlocked in HD and have trophy support, it’s okay, I will more than gladly settle for a PS2 version from PSNs PS2 selection. I hope SONY hasn’t forgotten about it though *fingers crossed, very tightly*

ClankZoni said:

March 17th, 1:40 pm

For Orvus! This was waiting a long time, and it was time.
It will be great to see the first adventures of RNC in HD, and see the introduction of the Friends, the Stupid President Qwark and the villian EVER … DR NEFARIOUS!

Thanks you Ted!!

Ninja-KiLLR said:

March 17th, 3:21 pm

WTF no Deadlocked? that was my favorite Ratchet and Clank game! i would seriously buy the collection just for that game. now idk

TechTim said:

March 17th, 3:35 pm

Finally! gonna pre order tonight!

thekingsteven said:

March 17th, 9:08 pm

finally i can but the ps2 in the boxes with the old game stuff my xbox 360 is get’in lonely!

ive been waiting for ever for this! this may be the best thing ,Other then starhawk, warhawk, and mag, that sony has done! cant wait to get back to owning guys in the online, im beast when u see me run!!!

however i want to ask is deadlocked is coming? and will the online be on there as well cuz that was ,other then the first one, the best r&c game!

PS: ratchet and clank is the reason i have a playstation, i only got my ps2 to play it, and same with the ps3!!!!!!!

Nectern said:

March 17th, 9:31 pm

My favourite video game series of all time!

I can’t wait to replay quark’s vidcomics or find out “Why is Billy Sad?”

XD

digiboy123 said:

March 18th, 12:59 am

I’ve been there for every Ratchet release, day 1, and I’ll be there again. This is the collection I’m looking the most forward to. Pure nostalgia love!

albertnic said:

March 18th, 1:07 am

There is no way in hell that I’m buying this collection. It’s missing Deadlocked. That is outrageous.

MeetDKing said:

March 18th, 2:19 am

Outrageous? I wouldn’t go that far. Disappointing at best. I was really hoping when they got around to releasing a R&C collection it would contain all 4 PS2 titles but 3 out of 4 is still 3 more than we had prior to this. I’m sure it will do well in sales despite your boycott.

STRAX94 said:

March 18th, 4:14 am

I loved all the R&C games,but Gladiator/Deadlocked was my favourite…It’s sad to hear that the game wont be in the collection,but i’m still buying it…!

StormTimber said:

March 18th, 5:50 am

I’ve been waiting for this for a looooong time!

Skyler-100000000 said:

March 18th, 8:52 am

Great to get this collection, I can pretty much guess this could be better than the Jak and Daxter collection. Really the best part for me in the Jak & Daxter collection was the legendary Jak 1. These games in Ratchet & Clank Series are game changers 1 -3 were awesome! I wont hesitate to pick this up on release regardless of how long it takes to come to the USA. Besides America always get games before Europe most of the time anyway. Just let them have there moment. Besides they said that had something special planned, lets find out what that is too shall we…?

PhantomKingX said:

March 18th, 3:54 pm

When my buddy showed me this i was overjoyed i have been waiting to hear this a little upset that Deadlocked won’t be on it but happy nun the less. Now i just need that Kingdom Hearts HD collection and ill be good.

ccrogers15 said:

March 18th, 5:25 pm

RATCHET-NINJA,

Really? You guys get pre order bonuses all the time, and we dont for this series. You guys got R&C quest for booty on disk, we got it digital only. You guys are GETTING THE HD COLLECTION EARLY, we have to WAIT. If you dont like it? Pre order it from USA and Import it. Stop complaining. Your petty complaint wont go far kid.

ravengurl11 said:

March 18th, 9:19 pm

Will it be out on the PS store? becuase my copy of R&C1 broke and i want to buy it again

awsome246 said:

March 18th, 10:26 pm

No Deadlock no buy.

Shin-Ra said:

March 19th, 7:42 am

@Icestar10

If you research the difference between native resolution and upscaled or output resolution, you would know what I’m talking about.

xiLumiinate said:

March 19th, 7:06 pm

Can’t Wait got the Jak and Daxter Collection a week ago! Getting the Sly Cooper Collection Next then This One! :D

Negatype said:

March 19th, 8:27 pm

No Deadlocked = no buy. I’m not one of the many manchildren who think they’re entitled to everything under the sun, but Deadlocked is the best in the series and my personal favorite. I wouldn’t mind paying separate just for deadlocked.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6