Minecraft PS4

The Ratchet & Clank Collection Going 1080p on PS3, Multiplayer Included

Ted Price's Avatar + Posted by Ted Price on Mar 15, 2012 // CEO, Insomniac Games

RC10_Logo_Layered_05_Final

It’s amazing that it’s been almost 10 years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievements of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games. In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

The collection will release this fall in North America. I know it’s a little bit later than the Spring European release, but it’s because we have something very special planned for our North American fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and we’ll share all the details very soon.

We’re so excited that PlayStation has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PS2 adventures the HD remaster treatment they deserve. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ Victoryismine52 on March 20th, 2012 at 1:17 am said:

I can not Wait! I didn’t get into Ratchet and Clank until I got A Crack in Time for my son (3 at the time) And it sucked me in it was the first game I platinum-ed and I went back and bought tools of destruction and quest for booty shortly after. All for One is my son’s favorite game and we love being able to play together he is going to be so excited when he finds out I bought him 3 more ratchet and Clank games and hey I’m going to love getting the platinums with him. Keep up the great work (and I’m really looking forward to this surprise you mention maybe another downloadable R&C like booty?)

+ Morvai_ on March 22nd, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

Sad that 4 isnt included but who knows maybe itll come out on psn along with size matters and secret agent clank, either way i gotta buy two copies (one for my lil sister) so maybe ill get her it in may and preorder the american ver.

Really glad this collection is finally on its way to ps3, be good to actually be able to play through all these without rigging up the ps2 :D

+ kidvideo12 on March 24th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

love it, love it, love it. best idea ive ever heard super happy it’s actualy happening. i’ve beaten the original 4 times the second 8 times and the third 6 times.now i finaly get to see the multiplayer. (AND BEAT THEM ALL AGAIN) XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Cold_Devil_Dog on March 26th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Special gift. Please let that be a DLC waiver for deadlocked

+ laserface111 on March 27th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

This is going to be the best collection ever made,in my opinion. I finally get to play the multiplayer on Ratchet and Clank up your arsenal that I missed out on the PS2!!!

+ crosslybobo2 on March 28th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

i hope they put Lock-Strafe on 1 and going camando

+ chadvette-z06 on April 1st, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

Awesome I’ve been waiting forever for them to release this.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ AceThug37 on April 6th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

I can’t wait for the collection to come out!

+ denisgr8 on April 6th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

When can i pre-order the collection in Slovakia ?

+ DoctorVelvet on April 7th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Only one problem:

No Deadlocked?

+ eltimigre96 on April 7th, 2012 at 6:03 pm said:

maybe deadlocked is the special that theyre talking about for usa…. i hope so! me and my friends still play it!

+ GVA-NL on April 11th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

I only found out about this yesterday, but I just wanna give a big thank-you to Sony and Insomniac. I really did not get why they did not go online with ToD and aCiT because to me, UYA and Gladiator online were the best online games ever. The way the rankings were done, the gameplay with the Flux/Fusion Rifle and the other guns.. absolutely epic and I was really sad/disappointed to not have an online mode on the Ps3 but now it’s coming.. Thank you so much!!

+ EvanLeBlanc on April 12th, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

Yes! I’ve played every game from the beginning. This will make me regress to the ten year old boy I was when the first one was released. :)

PAGE 1 4 5 6