LittleBigPlanet 3

BioShock Infinite’s Heavy Hitters: The Boys of Silence

Ratana Huot's Avatar + Posted by Ratana Huot on Mar 20, 2012 // Game Evangelist, Irrational Games

If you’ve been watching IrrationalGames.com, you may have seen a series of videos debuting BioShock Infinite‘s unique antagonists you’ll be facing in the city of Columbia — we’ve dubbed them Heavy Hitters. We wanted to make sure PlayStation.Blog readers were looped in on the fun as well, so today we’re stopping by to debut the third installment of Heavy Hitters. It’s time to cover your ears: Here come the Boys of Silence!

But the third installment of Heavy Hitters may surprise you. Instead of using brute force and heavy artillery, these guys only use sound — it’s all they’ll need to get your adrenaline flowing as you check your ammo and run for cover. When encountering the Boys of Silence, Booker and Elizabeth can choose to sneak past these sentries or engage them directly to silence them forever. Just don’t give them a chance to summon reinforcements…

In case you missed the other videos in our Heavy Hitters series, catch up with our first episode above, where Irrational Games introduces you the indomitable, fearless Motorized Patriot and the very first enemy most fans saw in the BioShock Infinite announcement trailer: the gigantic yet agile Handyman. Man? Machine? Hand model? You’ll have to find out for yourself when the game launches October 16th, 2012.

12 Comments

+ Go_Buddie_Go on March 20th, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Loving these dev diaries, and that scream at the end, very creepy.

+ Tchanku on March 20th, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

Yep, that’s creepy. :o)

+ MiiAmigo on March 20th, 2012 at 7:03 am said:

Holy crap!… This game is gonna be wild. Wild, I tell ya!

+ Kanedas_Bike on March 20th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

as a Die Hard fan of the BS series, I am very much looking forward to this game. Hope we will got action figures :) These Dev diaries are the best. I need that scream as a txt alert on my phone,lol

+ Link01 on March 20th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

God I’m psyched. Any news on Bioshock for the Vita? These pretty much should go hand in hand ;)

+ Neil on March 20th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

luvs it

+ Matrix_Lion on March 20th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

Talk about an ambitious game. Bravo to all the people behind BioShock Infinite.

+ swisstylez on March 20th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

this is creepy n twisted but definitely cool..

+ OCxViRuXz on March 20th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Why cant October 16 be here NOW!!! Man I so want to play this already lol :) Just want to say thanx to the guys and gals who made one heck of a great game series and one of my fav’s so far. Cant wait to see what else you have in store for us in the near future. Keep up the fantastic work!

+ Ethereal on March 20th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

Man sign me the hell up for this….Day one. Waiting on a collectors for preorder.

+ radray3 on March 20th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

boy i hope it will be as the feeling i got playing the very first bioshock, when i got part two it wasnt the same feeling as the first game .now that this is a new game for bioshock it should be good and scary, i hope lol cant wait ,i just love bioshock ty…

+ ReptileHand on March 21st, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

I kind of liked the mustached handy man. He seemed really creepy with that gentlemen-esque look like he’s an important figure in the world, he knows what he’s doing. Mainly because I saw that figure first. What if you just switched their heads? Like make a variety of different Handy men with different heads. They all do the same thing and (maybe have the same clothes). But either way, I still think it’s characters like these that put a smile on my face. So creepy, yet so original. You’ll only find these in the bioshock universe. I kind of like these dev diaries and I like how they’re not spoiling stuff. But if I were to play this game for the first time without seeing the enemies, I would be confused, terrified, and ecstatic all at the same time.

Now that I think about it, the cover art hasn’t been revealed yet. Heh take your time on that, I’m excited to see what it’s going to be =)