PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

First Look at Resistance: Burning Skies Story Trailer

Derek Osgood's Avatar + Posted by Derek Osgood on Mar 20, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

With Resistance: Burning Skies marching steadily towards its May 29th release date on PS Vita, you may have been wondering who Tom Riley is and where his story fits into the grand scheme of the Resistance universe. Today we’re clearing up that question with a new story trailer you can watch right now!

Resistance: Burning Skies is, at its core, a story about an everyday hero becoming a legend. On August 15th, 1951, New York City fireman Tom Riley is called away during a seemingly routine fire call and finds himself thrust into the midst of the brutal Chimeran invasion (Resistance 2 fans: this parallels the period when Nathan Hale returns from Europe). Riley is possessed with a singular determination to find his wife and child, but along the way he’ll be embroiled in a far larger conflict that will determine the fate of New York and leave him a key inspirational hero of the Resistance.

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita - Executioner

For those of you watching closely, there were a couple other little tidbits revealed in that trailer, including new weapons and enemies. You’re also introduced to the Executioner, a hulking Chimeran monstrosity that boasts a powerful cannon for an arm. Needless to say, the Executor definitely won’t go down as easily as your standard Hybrid. You also caught a glimpse of the potent Hunter rifle, a Chimeran burst-fire carbine that is the predecessor to the Marksman from Resistance 3. The Hunter also packs a surprise in the form of its secondary attack, which fires an offensive drone that attacks nearby enemies — you can direct it to the left and right using PS Vita’s front touchscreen.

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita - Hunter Rifle

Let us know what you think of the trailer in the comments! And stay tuned: In April we’ll be answering your most burning questions about Resistance: Burning Skies — first details on the multiplayer mode!

PAGE 1 2

+ FORMIK on March 20th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

Resistance: Fall of Man.
Fun game, but I was glad to see some things go:
- Just how did that narrator, Rachel Parker, know about everything going on? Either you’re a character in the game or a narrator, not both.
- Something was off about the zooming in to aim, and the character felt like he was floating.
- Who was that anonymous character used by the 2nd player in co-op?
- Running around in multiplayer to get to weapon spawns so you had an entire arsenal at your disposal was dumb. Bouncing around on jump pods was more dumb.
The game wasn’t perfect, people.

Resistance 2.
Might have made the campaign feel scripted by removing the weapon wheel, but the game was great otherwise. I actually preferred the bright colors, as it worked well with the story as Europe was already overrun and the US was still bright.

Resistance 3 has done a great job with both the campaign and the multiplayer, and should be experienced by all that like shooter games. Each game feels different, and that by itself should be appreciated. Will the axe in Resistance: Burning Skies be similar to the sledgehammer in Resistance 3?

+ Kchow23 on March 20th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Will there be a demo of it and any chance of multiplayer? I really hope that this game can live up to Resistance 3 and so far it looks far improved from earlier showings and even in the PS Vita commercial (Resistance footage there was really bad).

+ MushThePainter on March 20th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Thanks for the reply! I visit the blog everyday, keep up the good work!

+ carlthewinner on March 20th, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

Looks fantastic! I sure hope we get some good competitive and cooperative multi-player! I LOVED the coop multi-player on the PS3 version!

Are we going to get to see a demo in the PSN store anytime soon?

+ amaga1 on March 21st, 2012 at 2:06 am said:

so MP is in it?day 1 purchase man day 1 :d

btw jus like UC,bend studio develop UC-golden abyss other then naughty dogs(awesome work)

who develop this other then insomniac ?

can sum 1 confirm?

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on March 21st, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Nihilistic Studios is the development studio for Resistance Burning Skies

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 21st, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

@49 you took the exact words outta my mind! I was extremely dissapointed that MNR:RT didn’t have it but thats water under the bridge right now. Im looking forward to this game and Kill Zone as my FPS’s on the PS VITA…and i hope they both have some form of co-op game modes.

+ darth_orange93 on March 21st, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Day one download for sure. I would like the Resistance franchise to continue this trend and have a different main character in each one so that they can all be self contained.

+ cr4zedchris on March 21st, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

The trailer looked a lot like resistance 3 style story and battles which I loved. So I’m glad I preordered it when all I knew was that a resistance was going to be on Vita.
If its anything like Uncharted Golden Abyss was it will be really awesome on the vita and have multiple control input styles.

+ KGH on March 21st, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Omg, that storyline is becoming so cliche. Can nobody think of a better direction for the Resistance story?!? I cant wait to get my hands on this game, it looks amazing, but the lack of imagination regarding the series is becoming a bit disturbing.

+ Techni on March 21st, 2012 at 11:43 pm said:

Actually NOVA2 had dual analog control on the xperia play.

+ dank_N_stein on March 22nd, 2012 at 12:51 am said:

I have owned a PS3 for about 4 years now and have throughout all the titles I own I can honestly say I’ve never owned a Resistance title but WOW! I cannot wait for this game! Yet again Playstation shows that the Vita is here to stay. Just the article under the video pumped me up. Keep it up Sony! Though you may have your faults here and there (who doesn’t?) you still show that you are making amazing games for the fans (although I’d like my Vita Skype app already) and show no signs of slowing down. Listen to the fans and the Vita will flourish more than anyone could expect! Thank you for the hard work in every aspect, from the devs to the bloggers, you people are the sh*t!

+ epizzati on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

add me for vita games

+ amaga1 on March 23rd, 2012 at 11:13 pm said:

thanx Derek.

btw,can u show me,which title/game Nihilistic Studios have made/develop befor this resistence?

or its a debue from them?

so bend studio have done excelent work in UC franchise afetr naughty dogs.

+ techey91 on March 27th, 2012 at 12:06 am said:

This is looking to be a great game. I might buy this one after Unit 13 . So far, I’ve only got the demo. Unfortunately, I can’t get it yet untill school comes. It’s not that I don’t like it but it is a week away for me.

+ YaBOYY on March 28th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

F.O.M gave me the best and most fun ive ever had in gaming online. wish i could go back 5 years and play it again lol so hopefully this will take me back and experience it all over again. hopefully the controls are as smooth as a ps3 controller, this game is why i bought the Ps Vita in the first place

+ KILLFACE415 on March 29th, 2012 at 1:57 am said:

Wow ive been a huge Resistance fan ill get a Vita soon is Sony releases a resistance bundle for it :) including Retribution, and Burning Skies, p.s Sony what will happen to the series after Burning Skies?….hope you guys do something about it it’s my favorite FPS I ever played :)

+ YoungTruth3 on March 29th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Getting this day it comes out i love it

+ Plagatox on April 1st, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

Why Sony never answer about Resistance Retribution Digital Download on PSN? I want to buy this game to play it on my PSVita, but is not available.

+ johnburress on April 8th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

Looks awesome considering i love si-fi(like aliens, future space ships, and stuff like that) and 1st person shooters so this will be perfect for my 3rd PS Vita GAME BESIDES Uncharted: Golden Abyss and MLB12 the show.

PAGE 1 2