Horizon Zero Dawn

Mar 25

Mar 25

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

About a month ago, I was invited to Reykjavik, Iceland for Eve Fanfest 2012. It’s in that remote site that CCP has been revealing news and hosting first playable sessions of upcoming, free to play FPS Dust 514. Now I’m wondering why the heck I didn’t take them up on their offer.

Rather than break out each link (as they’re still streaming in), here’s a link to the Google News updates coming through on Dust 514 from the fanfest.

Dust 514 is looking more ambitious every time we see it, and could really be a, um, game changer for the PS3 and PSN. The Dust team will keep you updated with our recurring series here on PlayStation.Blog.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of March 19, 2012)

Add Your Own

SEVENTH-INFINITE said:

March 25th, 11:37 am

I hope they make a Vita game out of DUST 514

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

March 25th, 5:15 pm

Right now, it looks like they’ll be making an app of some sort. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.

Sonicfan11589 said:

March 25th, 11:42 am

Any updates on making PS1 Classics being playable on Vita?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

March 25th, 5:16 pm

Not yet. We’ll share updates here when we have them.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

March 25th, 12:04 pm

Iceland is in the North Atlantic. It’s capitol city is Reykjavik…

TooTall19 said:

March 25th, 12:41 pm

Looking forward to Dust 514.

ItaChu said:

March 25th, 1:36 pm

wheres the drop? and can you include whats gonna be on sale in the spring fever this week?

Zarxce said:

March 25th, 1:36 pm

Mass Effect armor in FFXIII-2 looks cool..as will the Ezio costume if that ever gets a release. My only issue is that I got the plat trophy a little under 2 weeks after the game came out and I don’t really feel a need to go back…

Can’t wait for the Walking Dead games. I absolutely LOVED what Telltale did with the Back to the Future games and Walking Dead looks like it’ll be even better. More of a focus on survival and making hard decisions sounds like a much more compelling game than just another “HURRR SHOOT ALL THE ZOMBIES”. The survival aspect of the zombie genre has always interested me more than the over the top violence and gore.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

March 25th, 5:18 pm

Yeah, i’m curious to play it as well.

DaveGodOfWar said:

March 25th, 2:49 pm

Is Dust going to support Move? It really needs to because the Move is by far a better control method for FPS. I still love playing Killzone3 because of it.

D-Squad3 said:

March 25th, 3:08 pm

When will the Vita get a firmware update? There are a lot of things that need to be addressed as in music playlists (the PSP has this) RSS Feed, Skype, Youtube, flash/html5 flash support etc. There are so many things the Vita needs!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

March 25th, 5:18 pm

I don’t have set info on when certain things are coming, but I believe Skype is coming along – they’re working on their walkthrough video now.

Logan22 said:

March 25th, 6:18 pm

Hey Jeff, any update on Sound Shapes? It was hyped up as a Vita launch title (VGA) but no info on the status of that game. What happened? I played it at Vita Hill and it seemed ready to go.

remanutd5 said:

March 25th, 6:30 pm

hey Jeff any update on Little Big Planet vita? Warriors Lair? Resistance Burning Skies multiplayer modes?

madhukrishna9999 said:

March 26th, 2:40 am

nice

JonnyAugust said:

March 26th, 5:14 am

The DUST514 Keynote on home was fantastic! Will you guys be postings a transcript of the Q&A that followed that presentation? I had some good questions about the Sharpshooter I think everyone would like to see.

kingbideo2 said:

March 26th, 9:11 am

Where’s the updated list for more psp games being compatible on the vita

Xanzar said:

March 26th, 11:24 am

kingbideo2 give the devs sometime they probably have a long list of games and stuff to fix/test before they can release it to the public