Far Cry 4

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Mar 25, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

About a month ago, I was invited to Reykjavik, Iceland for Eve Fanfest 2012. It’s in that remote site that CCP has been revealing news and hosting first playable sessions of upcoming, free to play FPS Dust 514. Now I’m wondering why the heck I didn’t take them up on their offer.

Rather than break out each link (as they’re still streaming in), here’s a link to the Google News updates coming through on Dust 514 from the fanfest.

Dust 514 is looking more ambitious every time we see it, and could really be a, um, game changer for the PS3 and PSN. The Dust team will keep you updated with our recurring series here on PlayStation.Blog.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of March 19, 2012)

+ SEVENTH-INFINITE on March 25th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

I hope they make a Vita game out of DUST 514

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 25th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Right now, it looks like they’ll be making an app of some sort. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 25th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Any updates on making PS1 Classics being playable on Vita?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 25th, 2012 at 5:16 pm said:

Not yet. We’ll share updates here when we have them.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on March 25th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

Iceland is in the North Atlantic. It’s capitol city is Reykjavik…

+ TooTall19 on March 25th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

Looking forward to Dust 514.

+ ItaChu on March 25th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

wheres the drop? and can you include whats gonna be on sale in the spring fever this week?

+ Zarxce on March 25th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

Mass Effect armor in FFXIII-2 looks cool..as will the Ezio costume if that ever gets a release. My only issue is that I got the plat trophy a little under 2 weeks after the game came out and I don’t really feel a need to go back…

Can’t wait for the Walking Dead games. I absolutely LOVED what Telltale did with the Back to the Future games and Walking Dead looks like it’ll be even better. More of a focus on survival and making hard decisions sounds like a much more compelling game than just another “HURRR SHOOT ALL THE ZOMBIES”. The survival aspect of the zombie genre has always interested me more than the over the top violence and gore.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 25th, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

Yeah, i’m curious to play it as well.

+ DaveGodOfWar on March 25th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

Is Dust going to support Move? It really needs to because the Move is by far a better control method for FPS. I still love playing Killzone3 because of it.

+ D-Squad3 on March 25th, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

When will the Vita get a firmware update? There are a lot of things that need to be addressed as in music playlists (the PSP has this) RSS Feed, Skype, Youtube, flash/html5 flash support etc. There are so many things the Vita needs!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 25th, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

I don’t have set info on when certain things are coming, but I believe Skype is coming along – they’re working on their walkthrough video now.

+ Logan22 on March 25th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Hey Jeff, any update on Sound Shapes? It was hyped up as a Vita launch title (VGA) but no info on the status of that game. What happened? I played it at Vita Hill and it seemed ready to go.

+ remanutd5 on March 25th, 2012 at 6:30 pm said:

hey Jeff any update on Little Big Planet vita? Warriors Lair? Resistance Burning Skies multiplayer modes?

+ madhukrishna9999 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:40 am said:

nice

+ JonnyAugust on March 26th, 2012 at 5:14 am said:

The DUST514 Keynote on home was fantastic! Will you guys be postings a transcript of the Q&A that followed that presentation? I had some good questions about the Sharpshooter I think everyone would like to see.

+ kingbideo2 on March 26th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Where’s the updated list for more psp games being compatible on the vita

+ Xanzar on March 26th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

kingbideo2 give the devs sometime they probably have a long list of games and stuff to fix/test before they can release it to the public