PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus April Preview: Free Shank 2 and Shift 2 Unleashed, Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 26, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

This April, we’re preparing some great offers for PlayStation Plus that will make you think twice about going outside. For starters, we’re happy to announce the free games coming in April to Plus: PSN Game Shank 2 and PS3 Full Game Shift 2 Unleashed! You’ll be able to get these titles free in Plus starting on April 3rd and throughout the month of April. In addition, we’ve also got more free content including PSone Classic Silent Hill, PS minis Cananbalt, Farm Frenzy 2 and Mystic Garden, as well as PSN Game Frogger Returns.

PlayStation Plus

Free games aren’t the only benefit to Plus. Last month saw the exclusive early access to the much-anticipated PSN game Journey. This month, you’ll be the first to try out Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta!

Hefty discounts on the games you care about are always a part of Plus, and April will bring more discounts on content you love. New releases Wheels of Destruction, House of the Dead 4, and the debut of the standalone Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City will all have discounts the day they’re available to download from PlayStation Store!

PlayStation Plus

You’ll also want to check out sweet free Avatars from the PS Vita hit Escape Plan, as well as PlayStation Plus exclusive avatars and themes for The House of the Dead and Devil May Cry.

There’s more to come in April that we can’t quite talk about yet, but rest assured we’ll bring you more news throughout the month on more great Plus content. If you haven’t seen all that Plus has to offer for yourself, you can go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 and head to the PlayStation Plus section, or click here to purchase a voucher code online that will be emailed instantly to you to redeem in the PlayStation Store.

Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

PlayStation Plus

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Exclusives: The House of the Dead 4 Demo – 4/10
Escape Plan Triangle Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Laarg Avatar – 4/3
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 GOLDMAN AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 JAMES AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 KATE AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 DYNAMIC THEME – 4/17
Discounts: GRAND THEFT AUTO IV EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY – 4/10 (PS Plus Price: $11.99)
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 – 4/17 (PS Plus Price: $6.99)
Disney Universe – 4/24 – (PS Plus Price: TBD – 50% off Store Price)
Exclusive Discounted Avatar Bundles: Devil May Cry Avatar Bundle- 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 2 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 3 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)

+ skibop42069 on March 26th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

ALRIGHT PSN!! this makes me dam glad to be a plus subscriber! been since day one! and i was just thinking on going out and buying shift 2. also looking forward to the closed beta thanks guys.

+ Jakintosh on March 26th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

Hi, just wondering if the Shift 2 download includes the online pass?

+ CivilianFlame on March 26th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

PS+ presents me with a unique problem, there are just too many games. The last new game I bought was AC: Revelations. My backlog is massive, and PS+ is a decent part of it. So many games, so little time :) Keep it up Sony!!!!!

+ dsigns209 on March 26th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

How about some Vita stuff?

+ polo155 on March 26th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

SKYPE FOR VITA

SKYPE FOR VITA

SKYPE FOR VITA

WHATS Really the DEAL W/ Vita and the Skype App?

+ Redikol on March 26th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

Thanks for everything, except Shank 2. I wish i could substitute that game, (seriously hate the sick and twisted brutality) I would rather have “The Baconing” or perhaps other EA titles like, Burnout Crash, NBA Jam – On Fire Edition or Gatling Gears. But it is, what it is…..

+ TallCrowe on March 26th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

Not for nothing, but I hope Sony someday would give Plus subscribers some cool Vita games at some point. I don’t play any games that have the name Tom Clancy, Tiger Woods, or John Madden in the title. I look forward to Silent HIll.

+ tusunami on March 26th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

And just think more than the majority of you that posted your comments were the same people that were skeptical about Ps Plus when it was first announced. Look at you know pick your face up off the floor.

+ DragonWolfJD on March 26th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Guess I’ll continue to hold onto my PS+ card since this is another garbage month big shock.

+ TAVOBLACKWALLIN on March 26th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

is there any special re newal price my ps + just ended yesterday : ( thanks to anyone who could answer my ?

+ BigBangBear on March 26th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

Great goodies this month. Thanks. Was on the fence about Shank 2, so this makes me really happy because I did enjoy the first one. Keep up the great work.

+ ReptileHand on March 26th, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

10x better than last month’s offerings! I’m so happy I get to play the original silent hill :D and then we get Shank 2, Frogger, AND a racing game! I hit it big ever since I became a Plus subscriber last September! So many awesome little PS1 classics. I just upgraded my collection with Final Fantasy titles too! I feel that Plus is learning from each month and getting stronger every time. Keep up the good work!

I forgot to mention it’s my birthday month as well (April)! Happy birthday to everyone else =)!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on March 26th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

Thanks for the Plus love ReptileHand! What’s up with all the April birthdays?

+ burningwind on March 26th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

I just bought Shank 2!!! I really hate when this happens.

+ belalkiller on March 26th, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

Can’t wait!!!!

+ StealthReborn– on March 26th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

Thanks for another great month of content! Keep up the great work! =)

+ swagger_gun on March 26th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

bye ps3 im getting an xbox id rather buy online than have ps shut down every freakin 5 minuts

+ FORMIK on March 26th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

When PlayStation Plus comes to the Vita, please consider the following:

For all users, update the notification feature to allow players to include other applications they’d like to sync up at a predetermined time, like Facebook and the messages left in game Livearea menus.

For Plus users, allow the notification to also include a sync feature allows people to back up their saved data to the cloud at a pretermined time, and be informed of backups in the notification the next time the system is turned on.
Game updates should also happen at this time, as currently they just appear in the Livearea and must be initiated by the player.

+ distortedhalo on March 26th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Awesome! I preordered GR:FS Sig. Ed. on GameStop and one of the employees mentioned to me about the beta access only available to 360. So I have a 360 key, except do not own a 360. Anyway, one question on accessing beta, will received some sort of key in order to access beta or will it be downloadable w/o any access key?

+ CrashSpyro on March 26th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

Hey Kristi, What’s up with Spring Fever being extended by an extra week so that Sony can add Wheels of Destruction to the lineup at the last minute? Are we getting another franchise sale for that final week after the Tom Clancy’s sale happens this week?

+ Zoidzerg on March 26th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

Hmmm. Kind of meh. I guess this month could be awesome depending on how the titles I don’t know much about turn out, but doesn’t sound terribly exciting. Shank was pretty horrid so I am pretty much assuming Shank 2 is more of the same.

But others sound excited. So, guess it is just not a good month for me. :)

+ Still_Dreaming_ on March 26th, 2012 at 1:35 pm said:

AWESOME!!
Anyone playing KZ3 MP add me!

+ blakseed on March 26th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

Looks like a great month. I already bought Shank 2 but looking forward to Shift 2. And, the Ghost Recon beta? What?! Awesome.

+ D-Squad3 on March 26th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

OMG THANK YOU!!! Plus FTW keep it up! I’m definitely gonna be playing Shank! Wish that I can get the 1st one for free though! Also can’t wait for the Escape Plan avatars!!!

PLEASE bring Sly 2 & 3 for free as well!

Can’t wait for the Ghost Recon demo! I’m in the mood for the next online shooter.

+ D-Squad3 on March 26th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

And hopefully there will be something for The Walking Dead too!

+ TJF588 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

Shank 2? Frogger Returns?! Canabalt?! Silent Hill! Escape Plan Avis?

I’m kinda excite.

+ MARCAO2010 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

Cool!
DMC 1 2 3 avatars and psn+ games free.

+ Cyber_Goth_Night on March 26th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

guys why is psn kicking everyone off every hr

+ John-Shooter on March 26th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

nothing worth re-subscribing for

+ Xaphos609 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

@77 Same thing’s happening to me and everyone on my friend’s list, i wonder if it’s unannounced Maintenance or something.

+ bany_rock on March 26th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Great free content! I,ve Been always happy to be plus, btw April 11th birthday here

+ StECnet on March 26th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

I’m so stoked what a month!!! Thanks Sony!

Unrelated I wish this site would keep us logged in I hate having to log in every day I visit!

+ robertmc8 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

Wahooo Shift 2 I was plan getting good thing I waited :) Kristi Fernandez My b-day end of month also ;). Glad you guys got NHL 12 on PSN Please do same for NHL 13 too :) it will save me trouble paying 30 bucks for replacement disk. I wish NHL 12 came out on to store sooner it save me 30 bucks lol.

+ LeoII on March 26th, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

is ps3 network down today

+ X_BROCKLEE_X on March 26th, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

Pretty good month for you guys, currently considering PS plus

+ guitarded77 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

This month looks AWESOME!!! I like.

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 26th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

if u can answer, any updates on more compatible PSP PSN games for Vita?

+ ToXiC_Skiils on March 26th, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

No one cares FIX THE DAM SERVERS

+ bentonC on March 26th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

Wait. So, is SSF4 and Bad Company 2 coming to PSN??? If so, then heck ya!!

+ DaCaPn0045 on March 26th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

I’m happy. April is going to be a better month then March.

+ odd718 on March 26th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PLAYSTATION STORE OR YOUR ANNIVERSARRY………………stop posting stuff about making money and address the issues your customers are having with the playstation network!!!!! everyone keeps getting kicked off psn

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 26th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

Ghost recon Beta will be nice considering SOCOM is no more along with ZIPPER Int. Way to go Seth Luisi for RUINING THE BEST FRANCHISE IN PS HISTORY!!! No more socom sucks, was hoping for a HD version of socom 3 or combined assault. Now those hopes are dashed forever. hey what about news on the photo app coming out tomorrow and is there a firmware update to go with it?

+ blakseed on March 26th, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

@ToXIC

No, I think no one cares what you say bra. Must be your prob because everything looks good on my end.

+ herbalsticky on March 26th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

Very cool. Any idea if the mini’s will be for Vita?

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 26th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

oh yeah one more thing, can automatic updates be modified so that you can pick NE DAY A WEEK to do the uploads and stuff, every single days is getting annoying and its only bf3 savedata that im uploading to the cloud. once a week should be enough for anyone. please do this. happy anniversary btw.

+ Destiny89 on March 26th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

Man awesome stuff

+ josh-turner-fan on March 26th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

Did anyone get thier code for super star dust delta? because I did not yet and it’s been over 30 days

+ Killer9I on March 26th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Does anyone know when Final Fantasy X HD will be released? That is the only thing i’m worried about right now on the store even if I gotta get PS+ to get it.

+ DION3TO on March 26th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

I am so getting Shift 2 Unleashed!!! :D

+ MarkakaJin on March 26th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Ghost Recon Future Soldier closed beta?! I’m down with that! Also, Saints Row The Third in digital format? Sweet.