Bloodborne

PlayStation Plus April Preview: Free Shank 2 and Shift 2 Unleashed, Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 26, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

This April, we’re preparing some great offers for PlayStation Plus that will make you think twice about going outside. For starters, we’re happy to announce the free games coming in April to Plus: PSN Game Shank 2 and PS3 Full Game Shift 2 Unleashed! You’ll be able to get these titles free in Plus starting on April 3rd and throughout the month of April. In addition, we’ve also got more free content including PSone Classic Silent Hill, PS minis Cananbalt, Farm Frenzy 2 and Mystic Garden, as well as PSN Game Frogger Returns.

PlayStation Plus

Free games aren’t the only benefit to Plus. Last month saw the exclusive early access to the much-anticipated PSN game Journey. This month, you’ll be the first to try out Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta!

Hefty discounts on the games you care about are always a part of Plus, and April will bring more discounts on content you love. New releases Wheels of Destruction, House of the Dead 4, and the debut of the standalone Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City will all have discounts the day they’re available to download from PlayStation Store!

PlayStation Plus

You’ll also want to check out sweet free Avatars from the PS Vita hit Escape Plan, as well as PlayStation Plus exclusive avatars and themes for The House of the Dead and Devil May Cry.

There’s more to come in April that we can’t quite talk about yet, but rest assured we’ll bring you more news throughout the month on more great Plus content. If you haven’t seen all that Plus has to offer for yourself, you can go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 and head to the PlayStation Plus section, or click here to purchase a voucher code online that will be emailed instantly to you to redeem in the PlayStation Store.

Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

PlayStation Plus

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Exclusives: The House of the Dead 4 Demo – 4/10
Escape Plan Triangle Avatar – 4/3
Escape Plan Laarg Avatar – 4/3
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 GOLDMAN AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 JAMES AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 KATE AVATAR – 4/17
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 DYNAMIC THEME – 4/17
Discounts: GRAND THEFT AUTO IV EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY – 4/10 (PS Plus Price: $11.99)
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 – 4/17 (PS Plus Price: $6.99)
Disney Universe – 4/24 – (PS Plus Price: TBD – 50% off Store Price)
Exclusive Discounted Avatar Bundles: Devil May Cry Avatar Bundle- 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 2 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)
Devil May Cry 3 Avatar Bundle – 4/3 (PS Plus Price: $0.99)

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ NotoriousGamer on March 27th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

Excellent Plus offering! Good job Sony. Updates like these and I may just continue my Plus service subscription .

+ SLICK_T on March 27th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

Omg thank you thank thank you. This month will be awesome for plus. I have been so mean to sony on plus and things in general but April for plus has made me VERY HAPPY. I swear I was about to buy shift 2 last week and held off still thinking about it cause I have GT5 and heard GT% was better so I was doing more research on it and then BAM its going to be free for me YES. It is true the saying that those who wait things better will happen or come VERY TRUE for shift 2 for me lol. Man I’m happy and will have a new racing game to play. Now all we need is Nascar 2011, GT5, battlefield 3, saints row 3 and skyrim on the psn store and I will love Sony for ever! Thanks again for shift 2 sony. YES!

+ BLUE-EYED-SLICKT on March 27th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Thanks sony for giving me shift 2 free next week. I was about to buy that last week and post pone that purchase since I have gt5 and people said its better than shift 2 and don’t waste my money but now I won’t have to waste any money cause I will get it free off my plus psn account. Not the account I’m writing from now. I always protect my main account from the noobs that troll me with hate messages lol. But again thanks and so I take it Saints 3 is coming to psn in april? I hope so I will sell my disc copy and get the digital version. I prefer digital than disc.

+ Fonky_Donkey on March 27th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

What is a closed BETA? Is it comparable to a full game? Does it “expire” in regards to Playstation Plus policy?

+ ApocAZTech on March 27th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

I appreciate Playstation Plus. I’ve played every game that I’ve downloaded except for some of the minis, and whether or not I enjoy the games I have great respect for Sony and the people watching over Playstation’s Plus members. I’ve spent countless hours playing Inferno Pool with my roommate. Great use of $50 to get Plus, in my opinion.

+ listerofsmeg42 on March 27th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

Where are the Vitas stuff no updates or free stuff or anything else? All I have is the Vita, PS3 too expensive still want one though now I have a Vita. But wheres the love for the Vita owners?

+ saab01 on March 27th, 2012 at 1:35 pm said:

@ 150

So basically I just delete the disc game data for shift 2 unleashed and download the digital version and things will be fine right ? Everything will work fine and I would just have to game install the 5 GB download for the digital copy of shift 2 unleashed. And my saved game file will work fine and I can collect more trophy’s in game with the digital copy.

+ ImprisonedTitan on March 27th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

Wow the list of free titles is very impressive! And a Ghost Recon beta! This is gonna be an awesome update.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on March 27th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

This is totally amazing overall. I knew Silent Hill would be free soon. I just knew it. Thank you for making it happen! I’d like to see Pac Man HD free sometime this year.

+ USCCM on March 27th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

This month was a bit lacklustre for me, after last month’s The Great February PlayStation Plus Giveaway, but this update just made my day.

Shift 2? Awesome!

Shank 2? Awesome!!

Silent Hill? Awesome!!!

I am so glad I joined PlayStation Plus. I love you Sony!!!

Now if only you’ll give us Wild A.R.M.S. for the month of May…

+ xXspiderfan on March 27th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

I like you actually made my moneys worth with need for speed thanks Sony keep it up.

+ stevev363 on March 27th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

How about getting us some Home support finally?!?! I’m still waiting for something besides T-shirts and Halo’s to appear, what about a lounge and some Home discounts???? I’ve only gotten 3 games with Home rewards, we need more than this!!! 8(

+ irammish on March 27th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

Anyone here mind sharing their plus account info with me? I promise I will only download Silent Hill, nothing else. You can download whatever you want from my acc.

+ aussiebloke90 on March 27th, 2012 at 5:50 pm said:

Will Europe be getting this content also

+ RiiGGS23 on March 27th, 2012 at 6:50 pm said:

How bout some Kingdom Hearts

+ Still_Dreaming_ on March 27th, 2012 at 8:09 pm said:

I love the SNK minis, they’re like a cool little retro surprise xD

+ JigglyBitz on March 28th, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

With the current offers with Playstation Plus going on right now, and with this coming in a week… I am serious debating on getting a Plus membership.

All in all, nice update!

+ WAR0979 on March 28th, 2012 at 8:48 pm said:

I hate when people say they want to pick what’s free, that’s just stupid. At the end of the month is like Christmas, we all sit around waiting for the post to tell us what we’re all getting. Sure sometimes it’s a bad game much like the crappy sweater your grandma made for you and than there’s an awesome game as well. Just as long as they keep giving me free games I don’t have, I’m happy. Now if they start just releasing rerun games we all have than we can complain. I understand rereleasing a game so new people can get them but always have new stuff with it and I’m a happy camper. Just wish I didn’t have to wait so late in the day to actually have them posted is all.

+ Grand_Viceroy on March 29th, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

Sweet update!! I can’t wait for these games to become available!! April will indeed be an awesome month!!

+ ChibiIndri on March 29th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

Need to get a PS3…..>.<;

+ HisShadowX on March 30th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Any word if Silent Hill Downpour is coming to the PSN Store to purchase? On the page it lists “How to download to your PS3″ so I am looking forward to knowing if its coming soon seen you have silent hill free for Playstation Plus Members so I am guessing you guys got something in store for us

+ dilonsilva007 on March 30th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

muito bom essa atualização eu sou do Brasil e adoro a Playstation Plus.

+ dilonsilva007 on March 30th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

you know how much a ps3 here in Brazil 1,200 reais believe!

+ goth_darkness on March 31st, 2012 at 2:58 pm said:

Zombies and Racing!!! NICE!!!!

+ draig3791 on April 1st, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

Looks like a good month to be a plus member ^^. I just have some questions, what about the vita love? Such as with Skype, plus content, and those mini titles that are supposed to be compatible but aren’t if you got them free as a Plus member?

+ glasscut on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:46 am said:

When is the Ghost Recon Future beta coming to the PS Plus members ??

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

ok im reading updated drops w/ no mention of shank 2 or shift 2..

hoping this stays the course

+ IGETWHATIWANTBIM on April 2nd, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

WOW another lame month get some First person Shooter please like one ill play more than once

+ darian2201 on April 3rd, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

cmon it’s april 3rd I can’t wait!!!!!

+ Sunnycide on April 3rd, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Soooo…. it’s apri 3 :/ where my free games at?

+ darian2201 on April 3rd, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

APRIL 3rd AND NO PSN UPDATE I’M STARTING TO IRRITATE

+ ScarReaper83 on April 3rd, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

everyone go to the store and search for shift 2,shank 2 and farm frenzy 2 there ready for download right now for plus memebers for free im downloading them right now

+ darian2201 on April 3rd, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

+ Axeman_3 on April 5th, 2012 at 6:56 am said:

Glad to see Silent Hill…great game…Also looking foward to downloading “I am Alive”…anybody play it yet…how is it?

+ SeriousBurrito on April 7th, 2012 at 12:08 am said:

Such a great month to be a Plus member ! :D

+ GOONJA on April 8th, 2012 at 7:01 am said:

great update. well worth my hard earned dough. thx psn

+ jojosalmeron1234 on April 10th, 2012 at 12:48 am said:

hello

+ jAbMaN696 on April 10th, 2012 at 6:14 pm said:

It would be nice if you guys could have the games from the Dreamcast Collection for free next month.
Just a suggestion.

+ Alinon on April 16th, 2012 at 10:24 pm said:

Where is Frogger Returns that was promised for the 17th?

+ Alinon on April 16th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

Nevermind =D

+ bloodychunk88 on April 17th, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

and this is why PS rules and Xbox droolz

+ scottfernaays on April 17th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

We need more cloud space ,or the system needs to be updated to back up game saves only. I would love to back my game saves to a single file and not have to do a full system back up

+ dortz16 on April 19th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

ghost recon is finally on im in canda and am in the lobby waiting for people.. this game is sickkkk!!!!!!!! its april 19th 11.22 am in toronto

+ jkat2011 on April 19th, 2012 at 8:04 pm said:

OMG!!!! thanks 4 the Silent Hill download….luv the classics

+ blackstar1807 on April 21st, 2012 at 5:04 am said:

Lol, when do The beta come out? Its The 21 today and its not in The psn+ store?! Shout out 2 all of u guys HELP ME OUT, BRO!!!!!!

+ blackstar1807 on April 21st, 2012 at 5:06 am said:

Wow sorry guys… I got it its out in LA now!!!!

+ ExtreemWN11 on April 25th, 2012 at 4:11 am said:

i wish sony make Silent Hill: Downpour and infamus FB the free title next month :) pleeeeaase sony make it as i wish :D

+ ExtreemWN11 on April 25th, 2012 at 4:14 am said: