PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Sack it to Me: The Sackies, BAFTAs, Journey Costume and More

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Mar 27, 2012 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

The Sackies Winners!

For weeks now, Sackfolk have been voting on their favorite levels to win one of the prestigious Sackies, awards that celebrate the highest level of achievement amongst players, creators and sharers on LittleBigPlanet.

The votes are now in, we’ve counted them up and we’re now ready to announce the winners

But wait, that’s not all of them! There are a few more special winners of awards that were chosen by us, so head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com to see all the winners of The Sackies 2011. A huge congratulations to all the winners and nominees!

LittleBigPlanet 2 picks up two BAFTAs

Speaking of Awards, LittleBigPlanet 2 picked up two prestigious BAFTA awards last week, for Innovation in Games, and Best Family Game. The team at Media Molecule were there to pick them up…

LittleBigPlanet 2: BAFTA 2012

New on the Store: Deep Sea Adventures Costume Pack

Fancy taking a dive in LittleBigPlanet? Then your Sackperson will need the appropriate underwater attire! Never underestimate Sackboy as he goes under the sea in his new Deep Sea Diver, Edible Crab, Anglerfish or Pufferfish Costume! Just try your best not to scare the Pufferfish…The Deep Sea Adventures Costume Pack is out now and costs $2.99.

More info on LittleBigPlanet.com.

LittleBigPlanet 2: deep_sea_puffer_fish_3LittleBigPlanet 2: deep_sea_anglerfish_3

LittleBigPlanet 2: deep_sea_edible_crab_3LittleBigPlanet 2: deep_sea_classic_diver_2

LittleBigPlanet 2: Deep Sea Stickers

Coming Next Month – Journey Costume and Sticker Pack

We’re all huge fans of Journey, thatgamecompany’s fabulous new game, and we couldn’t resist making a Journey costume for Sackboy. It’s coming next month!

To tease you all, we’ve made this rather epic-looking LittleBigPlanet Presents Journey wallpaper available in a variety of sizes for your PC, PS3 and your PS Vita.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Journey costume

Be sure to look out for the Journey Costume next month.

Community Highlight – LittleBigAudio!

Music is one of the most popular, but least talked-about, parts of LittleBigPlanet Create. We have a great community of dedicated composers who love nothing more than to create original music using the Music Sequencer for people to use in their levels, or just for the fun of it!

The newly formed LittleBigAudio team have put together a YouTube Channel containing over 300 Songs and nearly 20 hours of original music all made in LittleBigPlanet, here’s a sample…

These musically minded folks promise to continue composing and adding their latest sounds to LittleBigAudio! Check back regularly to hear their latest releases!

LittleBigPlanet Karting Trailer!

Last but oh so definitely not least, LittleBigPlanet Karting was announced last week! For those of you unfortunate souls yet to see the trailer yet, now’s your chance! Join Sackboy as he takes to the circuit in this brand new game being released later this year for PS3!

+ SalMoriarty on March 27th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

I thought the Sacko went to whoever came in last place in The League.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on March 27th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

HAHA…we only aim for the “Shiva” around here.

+ JonJonXD on March 27th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

I will be buying that Journey costume. I haven’t even PLAYED LBP2 in ages, but I NEED that costume.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on March 27th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Welcome back.

Don’t forget to check out some of the latest and greatest levels via “Mm Picks” (http://lbp.me/search?t=mm_picks). The communities user-generated levels continue to get better and better…

+ mywhitenoise on March 27th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Haven’t played LBP in a LONG time, this video convinced me to. Hopefully the Sackie winners and nominees are easy to find.

To celebrate the sackies, can we get a sale on some of the latest DLC (Move DLC, Toy Story/Muppets packs)?

+ Schmeghead2010 on March 27th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

The community deserves more information on the 7.1 Wireless Headset fiasco.

It has been 7 weeks since our headsets became something unlovable.

I used to suggest the headset to my friends, but not after this issue has gone on for this long without anything more than “we’re aware of it”

This has gone on longer than the outage we approach the 1 year anniversary of but it feels like you haven’t learned anything about communicating with your fans and customers.

PROVE ME WRONG SONY!!! MAKE ME LOVE MY HEADSET AGAIN AND BE PROUD I BOUGHT IT!!!!

+ BigDaddyCrunch on March 27th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

This info all sounds great… REALLY. My family loves LittleBigPlanet 2 on our PS3… BUT what I REALLY want more than ANYTHING else… is a firm release date for LittleBigPlanet Vita. It has been promoted the whole way along with the PS Vita itself. We purchased several PS Vitas for the whole family… NOW we are anxiously awaiting word about when our sack folk can run wild in our hands.

PLEASE… a PS Vita release date in April or May… maybe as late as June… NOT put off until November or December or EVEN worse NOT Next February!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on March 27th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Sorry to keep you hanging – bear with us a bit longer. We’ll have some LBP (Vita) news for you soon enough. Promise.

+ SilverShadow084 on March 27th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Can you guys sneak the Journey costume in on the store for like 5 minutes. I SOOO WANT THAT COSTUME!

Congrats on the awards! They’re well deserved!

+ Undrey on March 27th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

Wow, the Journey costume looks great!

I know you can’t answer, but it’s worth a shot, will there be any future big DLCs for LBP? Like the Muppets and Move?

And finally, LBP2 needs much more Move levels, there are a lot of great ones but they run out.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 27th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

That is so awesome!! A few days back thatgamecompany was doing a Q and A with their fans, and I asked it would be awesome to have a Journey sackboy or girl, and what do you know…it was already in works! I will buy this DLC for sure!!

+ Angry-Puppy on March 27th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Had a squee-fit in the middle of lecture when I saw the Journey outfit.

+ JohnAlden on March 27th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Any plans for an beta for LittleBigPlanet Karting? Looking forward to LittleBigPlanet ps vita. Have’nt picked up LittleBigPlanet 2, might get it for easter.

+ Viewtiful_Josh on March 27th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

They just had to do it.

+ remanutd5 on March 27th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Little Big Planet vita release date please !!!

+ Spyroluver88 on March 27th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

This is going to be a GREAT year for me as a SackBoy lover! LBP Vita and LBPKarting! I am so looking forward to it all! The best news ever of course at least for me is that this is the year I will finally get my
SackBoy backpack…so make my day, please MM?
Also is LBP.me down right now? I went to put a level in my que and couldn’t sign in…

+ Budapesti on March 27th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

I really, REALLY want a Journey action figure but this is certainly the next best thing.

Actually, no. I think this may be even better!!!

+ Teflon02 on March 27th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

I’m giving up on hoping for LittleBIGPlanet for VITA. I held off on plenty of games because when I bought the VITA it said April. But now it’s days away and no sign of a release date.. Not even full gameplay of a actual stage and not a minigame smh. Matter a fact, I haven’t seen one piece of advertisement or even heard a word about it for how long now. Then Again, I should have known, when you don’t take the time to give your game a unique name, and not the same name as 2 games that was released a few years back smh. Might as well be honest and just come out and say it ain’t coming before may. Instead of having people lost.. way to market

+ gameman15 on March 27th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Not interested in the Big Water Adventures pack or the Journey pack (since I haven’t played Journey), but thanks for LittleBigPlanet Karting, but I was more interested in the Star Wars pack. When it will exist?

+ NotoriousGamer on March 27th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

The Sackies 2011 video was very very good. I cant wait to play some of those levels!!! Great job by all the players involved.

+ Airwalkinman17 on March 27th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

After watching the awards video, I HAVE to throw in my LBP2 disc asap. Those games levels looked so good that I have to get back into this game. LBP2 last year was such a surprise hit in my book last year. I probably had the most fun ever playing on the couch co-op through the story mode with my friends and family that weekend. Keep up the good work. That journey costume looks so epic.

+ SalMoriarty on March 27th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

@Mark

SHIVA! KAMINI-SOMA! KANDARKRAM!

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on March 27th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

Littlebigplanet/Journey was practically meant to be.

+ Brapp347 on March 27th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Hooray for littlebigaudio! I’m one of the artists :)

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on March 27th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

I wish MM had more studio made level dlc packs. Such as the the Metal Gear Solid one. I can only take so many costumes.

+ D-Squad3 on March 27th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

Wow those levels have definitely surpassed the expectations of many and I know there are many more great levels out there that weren’t featured. Here’s hoping for an even better year in 2012. As for the people who aren’t gifted in making levels like me, I certainly cannot wait for LBPK where I can finally compete online!

And THANK YOU for the Journey Costume and Wallpaper! I hope LBPK sees the Vita one day.

+ MiiAmigo on March 27th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

Well dang… That LBP X Journey has made me feel the need to come back too. Look forward to that.

+ bentonC on March 27th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

A Journey costume!? You gotta be freakin kidding me? That’s crazy awesome guys!!

+ Imputed7-14 on March 27th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Sackies….awesome levels.

BAFTA’s…congrats.

Deep Sea Stuff…When I have some extra cash.

Journey Costume…Buy soon, background downloaded.

The music…wow, that is commitment. Working on learning based levels for my elementary classroom, I can dig the long term project.

LBP Karting…is already preordered.

Keep the LBP love coming. You’ve got a fan in my family. Also, what is the Media Molecule team up to? I eagerly await news on their next project.

+ X_BROCKLEE_X on March 27th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

BA costume ( too bad I don’t have LBP2 but much props)

+ sekaniy on March 27th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

You guys should be the unofficial face of Sony and PS3. I feel you have great games like Crash was back for PS1. It not only is fun platforming, it also teaches kids how to create and design their own video games. I’m amazed at how our sons imaginations run wild creating levels.
Keep the games and updates coming!!!!

+ Hooligantuan on March 27th, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

It would be great if the LBP2 Journey content came with the sandy dune background.

THERE’S STILL TIME!

+ Hooligantuan on March 27th, 2012 at 8:40 pm said:

(Oh, and I don’t mean a desktop background, I mean an in-game background. For Create stages.)

+ lisatsunami on March 28th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

Ok, I’m a day late & the world has moved on, but I just pre-ordered LBP Karting because there’s a bonus for Kevin Butler DLC! Finally, somebody in the Playstation world made a genius marketing ploy!

+ Gadirok on March 28th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

That level Kalieda’s maze, that won best gameplay. Absolutely terrific, I played it for hours, trying to lock in a high school trying to go the fastest without making a single mistake.

Great level, It was my favourite level, along with the sea monster level ( no offence Mm, your levels were great too!).

+ barnaclejoe on March 29th, 2012 at 12:54 am said:

I hate to say anything negative about LBP.. since I both adore it and MM, but the whole Karting thing… ah.. just so predictable, and I can’t imagine what they intend to do to make it better than the LBP-inspired carting game ModNation Racers, which really…. wasn’t that good.

Um.. so colour me sceptical about that one… I hope MM has something unique and awesome up their sleeves, if not about that game than a better project….. cause as it stands.. not really interested.

Um… BUT.. the Journey costume.. I’ll definitely buy it. If only there was a level pack with it.

+ TomatoDragon on March 29th, 2012 at 7:34 am said:

This was great! Some very creative folks out there.

+ HAVOC___________ on April 1st, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

I just wish I could get more than 5 people to play the lvl that I spent a month working on.
Cloud Land Adventures. If anyone would give it a try and send me some feed back that would be incredible :)