Uncharted 4

Mar 28

Atlus “ReVITAlized” PSP Price Drop Event is Live on PSN

Aram Jabbari's Avatar Posted by Aram Jabbari on Mar 28, 2012 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

Money. It’s like a baby in a burning building or a snail in the middle of a busy sidewalk; pretty much everyone wants to save it.

Since nobody wants to be the jerk that steps on that poor, innocent snail, we (the fine people at Atlus) are dropping prices on our PlayStation Store library of PSP system titles, not unlike the PS Vita’s undocumented ability to drop smaller articles of sub-clothing. We’re calling it…

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Want to own the complete PSP Persona collection, including Persona 3 Portable, which is tied for the second-best-reviewed PSP game of ALL TIME, according to Gamerankings.com? It is now far more affordable to do so. Also getting a drop in price is the very recent Persona 2: Innocent Sin, a stunning handheld remake of one our company’s most highly anticipated games!

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Always been a fan of Sting’s series of Dept Heaven RPG and SRPG genre-benders? Perhaps you’ve always been curious to see how Knights in the Nightmare, with its incredibly novel blend of tactical roleplaying and bullet-hell action, looks and plays? Well, for less than half the price of a new console game, you can own every PSP Dept Heaven game we’ve ever released (which should set you up nicely for the upcoming June release of Gungnir for PSP, the next entry in the acclaimed series).

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Besides the aforementioned two collections, there’s a terrific mix of other RPGs and even an action game—Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble—that are sure to offer something for every type of gamer.

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Whether you’re a PSP system owner who has watched Atlus RPGs from afar, your eyes glued to your pervy game-watching binoculars but your wallet unable to open itself for the cause… Or perhaps you like to spend your evenings making sexy time with the two nubs on your new PS Vita… Now you can dive into a library of critically acclaimed Atlus PSP games that delivers hundreds of hours of deep, compelling RPG adventures and promises to thoroughly satisfy your hardcore gamer cravings.

Here, let us move that snail out of the way for you. Step freely, friends… Step freely.

PAGE 1 2

+ lisatsunami on March 28th, 2012 at 3:25 pm said:

@Aram, thanks for the overwhelming answer. I’ll have to read it 3 more times to understand but I think you said Persona 3, so I’ll start there.

(& geesh, I didn’t think I would be back in English Lit 101 when I asked you, ;-) )

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 28th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

Please don’t encourage my wordy run-on sentences.

+ Boulayman on March 28th, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

Quick question ( that most likely has been asked before). Can these games be played on the ps3 ? I do own a psp as well but I just don’t like playing portable stuff. I also already own persona 3 and 4 actually but I figured this could be a great chance to give them another try. I LOVED persona 4 but some overgrown baby boss angel or sth proved to be too challenging for me.

+ Bad_Brains on March 28th, 2012 at 3:33 pm said:

FACT: Everyone should by Kenka Bancho. (a steal at that price!)

And on a side note, I wish Persona 2 was cheaper. -,- I still can’t justify the price, given how cheap it is in an actual store by comparison. No psp to play it on though, so must wait for the downloadable version to be at a reasonable price. But one day I’ll get it…

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 28th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

Looking at two top retailers for ATLUS titles, Amazon.com has Innocent Sin for $40.50 (through an affiliate) and GameStop.com has it for $39.99. While some fans may be able to find the game for less at a local brick and mortar store, the reality is that the PSN pricing will be, on average, less.

Moreover, while Persona and Persona 3 Portable have been out for some time now, please keep in mind that Persona 2: Innocent Sin was released on September 20, 2011 (i.e. fairly recently).

Thanks for the Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble love!

+ soulzonik on March 28th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

There are plans to bring Persona 2 Eternal Punishment to the North America?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 28th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

Not at this time.

+ vza004 on March 28th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

You guys… Just had to hammer me when I’m broke do you? (Damn the games that just got released!!)
So, is this an permanent price update or what?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 28th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

The price drops are permanent!

+ Xanzar on March 28th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 28th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

+ Ziichomega on March 29th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

oh Atlus thank you so much!! at least 5 of these games were on my list to play before my original psp was stolen and now you drop the prices so instead of paying $165 i pay only $95! BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 29th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

We’d write the Happy Birthday song in here for you, but apparently we’d have to pay someone a royalty for it or something so…

[REDACTED] to you, [REDACTED] to you, [REDACTED] dear Ziichomega, [REDACTED] to you!

+ JunkyFX on March 29th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

I bought Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, but get a error C0-11274-5 could not install. I tried downloading it 3x on my PS Vita and the same things happens.

I downloaded Riviera just before that and it worked just fine. I was going to buy some more, but afraid to do so until I get this one issue fixed. :< HELP!

+ ABRipperXX on March 29th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Cool, Thanks for the reply Aram! I just bought Persona 3 Portable and Crimson Gem Saga both awesome games! I got one more question though do your other psp titles other then these 10 work for the VITA yet(Hammering Hero, Steam Bot Chronicles, R-Type Dimensions ect.)?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 29th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

It is my understanding that they do, but I’m afraid I cannot confirm that for you!

+ Chakane048 on March 29th, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

PSP game Price Drop is reVITAlized, lol. Looking forward to playing my Chrono Trigger on Vita where PSP is capable to.

By the way, I can’t find P3P on Vita’s PSN Store, but on PS3 is fine. What’s the problem here?

+ Sevyne on March 29th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

@ABRipperXX Hammerin’ Hero works via PS3 transfer. The other two I don’t think work.

+ kachun90 on March 29th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

anyone know if the ps store in australia gonna have these price drops??

+ JunkyFX on March 29th, 2012 at 9:25 pm said:

I am posting again since I was IGNORED. I bought Shin Megami Tensei: Persona and it tells me that it could not install. An error has occurred (C0-11274-5) Now I tried to re-download it 4x now same issue.

I took it a step further and downloaded it on my PS3 and then tried to copy it over that way to my Vita and it shows that it is copying, but when it finishes it pops up a message and says Could not copy some content items. (E-8010100c).

Now i paid money for this and I expect an answer to fix this problem, or a full refund. I advise others to buy with caution.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 30th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

I’m sorry for your difficulties. We at ATLUS lack the knowledge to offer you a solution to your trouble, which is further confounded by the fact that not everyone is experiencing the same thing.

According to a Wiki resource for PS Vita devs (http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes), the error code you received echoes what your PS3 told you, that the system “Failed to copy some content.” If you haven’t tried to do so yet, perhaps you can remove the game from your Vita and PS3 and redownload? If you continue to have issues, please contact PlayStation Network/Store technical support. I’m sure they’ll be faster to help you if you contact them directly, as opposed to a post here on the blog.

Also, as for some games not being visible, we’ve been told that that issue has been addressed and that all North American PS Vita owners should be able to view all the titles involved in the promotion.

Do please report to us if such is not the case!

+ marcoskio on March 29th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

where i can find the list of games psp to psvita?

+ gdogg666 on March 29th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

i have something to say to atlus keep on kicking A$$ iight? also thanks for theses drops in prices i had most in umd which im trading in for the digital verson so i can play on my vita :D

+ Traeia on March 29th, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

Awesome! I’m so excited…and payday is tomorrow!

Hey any word on this April PS Vita update?

+ JunkyFX on March 29th, 2012 at 9:57 pm said:

Hexyz Force I cannot see on the PSN store on the PS3 or the Vita… I went to both places and it is not there.

+ ABRipperXX on March 30th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

Hammerin’ Hero, Steam Bot Chronicles and R-Type Dimensions. Yes, the other issue is fixed but now these 3 titles of yours are now no longer on the store. Thanks for reply back so quickly Aram!

+ Kazriko on March 30th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

One thing to remember is that the Persona games are under “Shin Megami Tensei Persona” so you’ll need to look under S.

All 3 are showing up on my Vita store.

+ Sevyne on March 30th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

@ABRipperXX No problem. Also you can find a decent list for PSP games that work/don’t work here,

Hasn’t been updated in a while, but it’s a good reference for when shopping for PSP games on Vita.

+ Kazriko on March 30th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Also, when I was having trouble downloading games to my Vita, I just had to power cycle the unit before redownloading to get it to pull down properly. Hold the power button down then select power off.

+ raekwon7 on March 30th, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

When are you guy going to make a Sequel to crimson gem saga? i would like one please.

+ invited123 on March 31st, 2012 at 6:54 pm said:

Oh man. I want all of these. But i still dont have enough for my vita… I’ll have enough by around december… will these prices stay for a while?

+ Ply447 on April 1st, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

I’m a little annoyed that it took this long to happen, Bought p3p on the 13th for my birthday last month, if i knew the price was going to drop, i would have held off till then.

+ Kovaelin on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

Any possibility for a “complete” bundle of these titles?

+ Starcell1983 on March 30th, 2012 at 2:46 am said:

Are there plans to bring this sale to the EU aswell? I was contemplating buying the persona series for my vita and this would be the perfect reason to finally do so ^_^

+ Sevyne on March 30th, 2012 at 4:49 am said:

Atlus are not responsible for pricing in Europe as the publisher of those games differs there.

+ Sevyne on March 30th, 2012 at 4:52 am said:

@JunkyFX Maybe you should call support then since that’s what it’s for. I know I personally had no problem with either game. However, getting angry for not getting the solution you are looking for posted here solves nothing.

+ ABRipperXX on March 30th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

@Sevyne Thanks for the help. But now i look at the PS3 store and all 3 titles i just asked about are not there anymore. Why where they removed from the store?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 30th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Which are the titles in question, please? We were informed yesterday that issues with games not being visible in the storefront had been addressed.

PAGE 1 2