PS4 - Destiny

Atlus “ReVITAlized” PSP Price Drop Event is Live on PSN

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Mar 28, 2012 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

Money. It’s like a baby in a burning building or a snail in the middle of a busy sidewalk; pretty much everyone wants to save it.

Since nobody wants to be the jerk that steps on that poor, innocent snail, we (the fine people at Atlus) are dropping prices on our PlayStation Store library of PSP system titles, not unlike the PS Vita’s undocumented ability to drop smaller articles of sub-clothing. We’re calling it…

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Want to own the complete PSP Persona collection, including Persona 3 Portable, which is tied for the second-best-reviewed PSP game of ALL TIME, according to Gamerankings.com? It is now far more affordable to do so. Also getting a drop in price is the very recent Persona 2: Innocent Sin, a stunning handheld remake of one our company’s most highly anticipated games!

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Always been a fan of Sting’s series of Dept Heaven RPG and SRPG genre-benders? Perhaps you’ve always been curious to see how Knights in the Nightmare, with its incredibly novel blend of tactical roleplaying and bullet-hell action, looks and plays? Well, for less than half the price of a new console game, you can own every PSP Dept Heaven game we’ve ever released (which should set you up nicely for the upcoming June release of Gungnir for PSP, the next entry in the acclaimed series).

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Besides the aforementioned two collections, there’s a terrific mix of other RPGs and even an action game—Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble—that are sure to offer something for every type of gamer.

Atlus PSN PSP price drop

Whether you’re a PSP system owner who has watched Atlus RPGs from afar, your eyes glued to your pervy game-watching binoculars but your wallet unable to open itself for the cause… Or perhaps you like to spend your evenings making sexy time with the two nubs on your new PS Vita… Now you can dive into a library of critically acclaimed Atlus PSP games that delivers hundreds of hours of deep, compelling RPG adventures and promises to thoroughly satisfy your hardcore gamer cravings.

Here, let us move that snail out of the way for you. Step freely, friends… Step freely.

PAGE 1 2

+ monkeys_10 on March 28th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

I have question I downloaded Twisted Metal Head On on my ps3. And I tried to copy it to my PS VITA and it won’t show up in the content manager at all! Please if you have an aswer to why this is please respond PLEASE!!!!!

+ Teflon02 on March 28th, 2012 at 6:31 pm said:

if I put money on my account before PSOne releases for Vita, I’m getting Crimson Gem Saga & Hexyz Force. (later on the persona’s when I hear confirmation 4 for vita will release for NA :). If PSOne Support comes for Vita First, then I’ll continue My Final Fantasy Collection and get V &VI, and IV if I’m Lucky lol, then get those. But yeah other then Lunar Silver Star Harmony, Crimson Gem Saga, Hexyz Force, Persona 1, 2, 3 and Final Fantasy IV complete. I just need to get Bomberman Legacy, Power Stone Collection and Sonic Rivals 1 to complete my collection of PSP titles needed, that is till Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Anniversary release online :P

+ Jeske on March 28th, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

Hmm, I have to wonder… for those who have a Vita but not a PS3 and are having issues finding some of these titles on PSN, would another workaround (assuming you still own a psp) be to buy it on the psp, then go to the vita store and use the download list to get it there?

+ JEC94 on March 28th, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

meh

+ DoctorMontalban on March 29th, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

Just got a PSP-3000 yesterday (I sold my last one a while back but started having Crisis Core flashbacks and had to repurchase…plus KH:BBS). Had Persona 1, 2, and 3 in the cart at Amazon for $105, I procrastinated, surfed around, played P4 for a while and fell asleep. Only to wake up to all this good news the next day. Short story…procrastination ftw!

+ Ziichomega on March 29th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

oh Atlus thank you so much!! at least 5 of these games were on my list to play before my original psp was stolen and now you drop the prices so instead of paying $165 i pay only $95! BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 29th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

We’d write the Happy Birthday song in here for you, but apparently we’d have to pay someone a royalty for it or something so…

[REDACTED] to you, [REDACTED] to you, [REDACTED] dear Ziichomega, [REDACTED] to you!

+ duongsn90 on March 29th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

This is very nice!! oh and dear Mr Adam Jabbary I would like to know if Knight In The Nightmare supports Vita’s touchscreen or not? i.e can I control the wisp with my finger? Saw this game on the DS a long time ago and felt pretty intrigued! your answer would be greatly appreciated!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 29th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

duongsn90,

None of the PSP games have been changed in any way, meaning they are all as they would have been when originally released. Alas, the PSP does not have a touch screen, and as such the PSP version of the game does not support touch controls.

Nice suggestion though!

+ JunkyFX on March 29th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

I bought Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, but get a error C0-11274-5 could not install. I tried downloading it 3x on my PS Vita and the same things happens.

I downloaded Riviera just before that and it worked just fine. I was going to buy some more, but afraid to do so until I get this one issue fixed. :< HELP!

+ marcoskio on March 29th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

where i can find the list of games psp to psvita?

+ gdogg666 on March 29th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

i have something to say to atlus keep on kicking A$$ iight? also thanks for theses drops in prices i had most in umd which im trading in for the digital verson so i can play on my vita :D

+ ABRipperXX on March 29th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Cool, Thanks for the reply Aram! I just bought Persona 3 Portable and Crimson Gem Saga both awesome games! I got one more question though do your other psp titles other then these 10 work for the VITA yet(Hammering Hero, Steam Bot Chronicles, R-Type Dimensions ect.)?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 29th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

ABRipperXX,

It is my understanding that they do, but I’m afraid I cannot confirm that for you!

+ Chakane048 on March 29th, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

PSP game Price Drop is reVITAlized, lol. Looking forward to playing my Chrono Trigger on Vita where PSP is capable to.

By the way, I can’t find P3P on Vita’s PSN Store, but on PS3 is fine. What’s the problem here?

+ Sevyne on March 29th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

@ABRipperXX Hammerin’ Hero works via PS3 transfer. The other two I don’t think work.

+ kachun90 on March 29th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

anyone know if the ps store in australia gonna have these price drops??

+ Traeia on March 29th, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

Awesome! I’m so excited…and payday is tomorrow!

Hey any word on this April PS Vita update?

+ JunkyFX on March 29th, 2012 at 9:25 pm said:

I am posting again since I was IGNORED. I bought Shin Megami Tensei: Persona and it tells me that it could not install. An error has occurred (C0-11274-5) Now I tried to re-download it 4x now same issue.

I took it a step further and downloaded it on my PS3 and then tried to copy it over that way to my Vita and it shows that it is copying, but when it finishes it pops up a message and says Could not copy some content items. (E-8010100c).

Now i paid money for this and I expect an answer to fix this problem, or a full refund. I advise others to buy with caution.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 30th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

JunkyFX,

I’m sorry for your difficulties. We at ATLUS lack the knowledge to offer you a solution to your trouble, which is further confounded by the fact that not everyone is experiencing the same thing.

According to a Wiki resource for PS Vita devs (http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes), the error code you received echoes what your PS3 told you, that the system “Failed to copy some content.” If you haven’t tried to do so yet, perhaps you can remove the game from your Vita and PS3 and redownload? If you continue to have issues, please contact PlayStation Network/Store technical support. I’m sure they’ll be faster to help you if you contact them directly, as opposed to a post here on the blog.

Also, as for some games not being visible, we’ve been told that that issue has been addressed and that all North American PS Vita owners should be able to view all the titles involved in the promotion.

Do please report to us if such is not the case!

+ JunkyFX on March 29th, 2012 at 9:57 pm said:

Hexyz Force I cannot see on the PSN store on the PS3 or the Vita… I went to both places and it is not there.

+ Starcell1983 on March 30th, 2012 at 2:46 am said:

Are there plans to bring this sale to the EU aswell? I was contemplating buying the persona series for my vita and this would be the perfect reason to finally do so ^_^

+ Sevyne on March 30th, 2012 at 4:49 am said:

Atlus are not responsible for pricing in Europe as the publisher of those games differs there.

+ Sevyne on March 30th, 2012 at 4:52 am said:

@JunkyFX Maybe you should call support then since that’s what it’s for. I know I personally had no problem with either game. However, getting angry for not getting the solution you are looking for posted here solves nothing.

+ ABRipperXX on March 30th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

@Sevyne Thanks for the help. But now i look at the PS3 store and all 3 titles i just asked about are not there anymore. Why where they removed from the store?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 30th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

ABRipperXX,

Which are the titles in question, please? We were informed yesterday that issues with games not being visible in the storefront had been addressed.

Thanks!

+ ABRipperXX on March 30th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

Hammerin’ Hero, Steam Bot Chronicles and R-Type Dimensions. Yes, the other issue is fixed but now these 3 titles of yours are now no longer on the store. Thanks for reply back so quickly Aram!

+ Kazriko on March 30th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

One thing to remember is that the Persona games are under “Shin Megami Tensei Persona” so you’ll need to look under S.

All 3 are showing up on my Vita store.

+ Sevyne on March 30th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

@ABRipperXX No problem. Also you can find a decent list for PSP games that work/don’t work here,

Hasn’t been updated in a while, but it’s a good reference for when shopping for PSP games on Vita.

+ Kazriko on March 30th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Also, when I was having trouble downloading games to my Vita, I just had to power cycle the unit before redownloading to get it to pull down properly. Hold the power button down then select power off.

+ raekwon7 on March 30th, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

When are you guy going to make a Sequel to crimson gem saga? i would like one please.

+ invited123 on March 31st, 2012 at 6:54 pm said:

Oh man. I want all of these. But i still dont have enough for my vita… I’ll have enough by around december… will these prices stay for a while?

+ Ply447 on April 1st, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

I’m a little annoyed that it took this long to happen, Bought p3p on the 13th for my birthday last month, if i knew the price was going to drop, i would have held off till then.

+ Kovaelin on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

Any possibility for a “complete” bundle of these titles?

PAGE 1 2