No Man's Sky

The Drop: Week of April 2nd 2012 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Apr 01, 2012 // Senior Social Media Specialist

While taping episode 018 of PlayStation Blogcast, I learned that the Devil May Cry HD Collection was confirmed for release this week. Luckily for you Blogcast listeners, Nick edited out the full minute of joyful squealing that ensued — we need those ears for future episodes! So yes, I’ll be happy to see Devil May Cry: HD Collection come to PS3 this week on a single Blu-ray Disc.

On PSN, the vast and toxic environments of a post-apocalyptic Earth are your primary adversary as you fight to survive in I Am Alive. You’ll also get a front-row ticket to PSN multiplayer car combat with Wheels of Destruction: World Tour. Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

PlayStation 3

Devil May Cry: HD Collection – This action-packed set chronicles the complete adventures of Dante, the world’s toughest demon slayer, with Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition.

PlayStation Network

I Am Alive – In I Am Alive, players will be challenged by both their environment and their enemies. Stamina and resource management are key when being exposed to deadly atmospheres and scaling enormous buildings in search of supplies. The unique combat system requires players to utilize intimidation: cowards are easily swayed with an empty gun, while other enemies will put players to the test.

The Price Is Right: Decades – The Price Is Right Decades retains all of the treasured game play elements found in previous The Price Is Right games, including classics such as ‘Plinko,’ ‘The Big Wheel’ and the popular ‘Showcases,’ but also features never-seen before pricing games!

Wheels of Destruction: World Tour – In a lawless, post-apocalyptic world, Wheels of Destruction: World Tour is a demolish-or-be-demolished competition of extreme four-wheel wreckage. Players are pit against each other online in an arena of vehicular carnage in Capture the Flag and Deathmatch. Five distinct car classes make for deadly cutthroat car combat with a unique futuristic aesthetic – all powered by the Unreal Engine.

PS3 Demos

• Warp
  • Time Machine: Rogue Pilot
  • I Am Alive

minis

• Canabalt
  • Farm Frenzy 2

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

171 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ KwietStorm on April 1st, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

So Devil May Cry is only available at retail?

+ StuntF50 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:04 pm said:

Please answer this question:

When is Malicious going to be available?

+ Mikaa1701 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

When will more PSP Legacy games be made available on the Vita (like Hakuoki or Fate Unlimited Codes)?

+ Mobius2525 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

Sony please talk to some so those developers for they can bring Psone Classic’s to the store. Like Silent Bomber by Namco bandai. Star Trek: Invasion, Tenchu: Stealth Assassins Series by Activision. Einhander, Fear Effect series by Square Enix. Soul of the Samurai by Konami. Also Sony work on getting Tomba series, and Legend of Dragoon up on the store.

+ MPaullin on April 1st, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

I give this Drop one thumb down. Not two since it could be worse, but I sure could go for some more PS1/2 classics.

+ KongWen on April 1st, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

Poor Vita. Maybe someday Sony will learn how to launch a system.

+ Superstone on April 1st, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Where are the psone & ps2 classics? Love to play them on my vita!! hint hint

+ arod629 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT PHANTASY STAR PORTABLE 2 FOR PSP IN THE STORE FOR DOWNLOAD,,,,, PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Cacklen on April 1st, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

Any word on when PS1 games will be available on the Vita other than “soon”.

+ Cross-Legacy on April 1st, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

Mikaa, If you own a ps3 you can buy the game on there and then just transfer it over.

+ DeathGazer on April 1st, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

Yeah…

Looking forward to those PS+ freebies on Tuesday.

+ ItaChu on April 1st, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

THATS IT?! lol wow …. oh well I got Devil May Cry “HD” edition lol enjoying the NON-HD menus and cutscenes :)

+ Kchow23 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Any chance that the DMC collection appears on PSN? That box art is just terrible…

+ Destiny89 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Devil May cry HD is already out tho :P
Also Sony can you guys update us on Malicious?? where is it? they already released it on EU store

+ SEVENTH-INFINITE on April 1st, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

Think I’m about to go sell my VITA…I think I made a mistake

+ xTurmoilZz on April 1st, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

Again nothing for the Vita. What a shame. I give this drop two thumbs down.

+ SEVENTH-INFINITE on April 1st, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

I don’t get why you guys don’t at least give us VITA users something…I never post comments because I don’t like to complain but how come we can’t at least get some PSX games for VITA or at least get us some PSN games. At this rate I’m hoping the homebrew scene releases some cool stuff for the VITA because you guys ain’t giving us jack spit.

+ station3fever on April 1st, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

i am alive, :)

+ PuppetShoJustice on April 1st, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

Another week, another distinct lack of PS1 classic support.

+ xTurmoilZz on April 1st, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

I agree with seventh-infinite. Can we at least get something for the Vita? I’m really starting to regret buying my Vita so early. I payed $300 just to leave my Vita in its case most of the day.

+ Mikaa1701 on April 1st, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

@Cross-Legacy: Tried that; the Vita doesn’t recognize the games (though some more infamous “compatible” games like Hexyz Force showed up). Still have a similar problem with Minis as well (like A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks, which the official list on the Playstation Blog lists as compatible (and the PS3 Vita Store does too!!)).

Thanks for the response though!

+ Fedast on April 1st, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

What happened to the PS2 classics?

+ easyriderzombie on April 1st, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

Any chance of the DMC HD as a psn download Rey?

+ JRBECollins on April 1st, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

I’ve been loving my Vita but I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’m ready to have the ability to play PSone games and access to more PSP titles.

+ igorrocks2 on April 1st, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

DUST 514 coming to open beta in April.. right it is April already please confirm it comes to PSN on 3rd I am dar you!

+ ANIMATOR_CP4E on April 1st, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

No! Where’s Skullgirls?! :( If it’s not coming out this week, please tell me it will be released next week on PSN! Skullgirls is my most anticipated game of 2012. Yes, it beats everything.

+ jhernandez360 on April 1st, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Wow you could’nt even mention anything about the Vita??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

+ GODFATHERTIG on April 1st, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

WOW it took me 15 mins to try and sighn in on my ps vita crappy!!!!!! so i jumped on my pc so so so sad! ANYWAYS i agree with ya + SEVENTH-INFINITE!!! i sold my ps3 yesterday on craigslist to a GI in my state of ny! IM thinking of doing the same with my vita im no hater but SONY has BEEN slacking latly AND I MEAN ALOTT. They staright S^!& on the vita! its sad NOW A DAYS I ROLL with xbox AND I NEVR USED TO BE that way i was sony hardcore in comp With my cousin whos a xbox fanboy…..But now im starting to head that way DUE TO POOR service they give their customers and slack on a new gaming syaytem we dished out for. and when ya try and say something on this site people talk smack and sony does Nothing to try and help with our questions OH WELL i give it a wekk or a month ntil i sell my vita. But i am waiting to play mortal combat i have to test that before making my move to fully switching to xbox! and all i have to say is sony best step it up on the next gen console or my mind and cash is elsewhere!

TSR!

+ DMcgee627 on April 1st, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

Any plans to release any of the PS2 games Europe has gotten in the past 2 months?

+ GODFATHERTIG on April 1st, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

I FIND IS VERY BAD AND SAD I CANT sighn into sonys site on my 380$ devise i bought from sony! DUE TO POOR BROWER SERVICE AND SCROLLING ISSUES…..Not to mention i cant check out videos cause no html5! how am i supposed to buy the PS VITA GAMES WITHOUT WATCHING THEM………..WAIT i GUESS IM GOOD THERES NOTHING NEW ANYWAYS FOR THE VITA.

+ Traeia on April 1st, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

To my fellow disgruntled VITArians: There is a rumor of a PS Vita Firmware Update this month.

Further rumor: It adds support to more PSP games.

My own selfish (totally unsubstantiated) hope: PSOne Classics will be included.

At least it’s something on this page about the Vita, right?

+ GODFATHERTIG on April 1st, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

DUDE FUNK PSP GAMES IF I WATED TO PLAY PSP GAMES I WOULD OF STUCK WITH THE OLD TECH! Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…………………………. And your NUTZ if ya think im paying 40$ for that poor excuse of a mma game supremicy or whatever. BUT THANKS FOR THE INFO im sure some fool will love to play OLD GAMES they will have to pay for TWICE

<<<<NOT THIS KID…… NO WAY……. JOSE!

we have a rite to be upset it sucks

+ Zezzler on April 1st, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

@KongWen

You’re right.
It’s a shame that the console launched with 26 launch titles, all from various genres and series, and it’s a shame that it has hundreds of great PSP titles to download onto it. And looking into the future of Vita, having games like Gravity Daze, Disgaea 3, Retro City Rampage, or Call of Duty on the horizon sure sucks. And it really sucks that they will most likely announce a bunch of more titles during E3 for this fall.

They really shouldn’t have done any of it at all.

+ dcskinz21 on April 1st, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

sony when is the ps1 and ps2 classics coming again??

+ GODFATHERTIG on April 1st, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

Yeah dude your rite i love to buy games two times each. LOVE IT! its a SHAME cause if i recall they had plenty of time to make games for the vita they annouced the releaser a year in advance maybe longer!

+ SoYoung on April 1st, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

#1 – Retail are way better than download anyways. especially if you plan to play all 3 games.

+ SEVENTH-INFINITE on April 1st, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

Yea like you GODFATHERTIG I also sold my PS3 recently and am thinking about getting an Xbox. Maybe if I sell my VITA I’ll be able to. The thing that sucks os that there are some good games for VITA but they won’t come out for quite a while. For example Warrior’s Lair and LBP so in the meantime we have to just wait while Sony gives us nothing.

I kind of blame myself however because I think I was just too eager to get the VITA and didn’t realize there’s not much out for it. So far my favorite game is Mutant Blobs Attack and that was 7.99 and took me about 2 days to beat. Now I’m just bored with my VITA and that’s the problem. If I wasn’t I wouldn’t be posting.

+ Traeia on April 1st, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Once they announced the Vita, I sold my UMD’s and started buying games exclusively on PSN. I haven’t had to buy anything twice. :)

@dcskinz21: PS1 are still only “soon.” (Although I think there is a slight hope we may see them this very month. PS2, I believe, are not currently being planned. Except for FFX, which is getting a full HD remaster.

@Zezzler: I’m an RPG fan, but I agree with you. There’s plenty to play in the meantime!

+ EARNHARDT–JR-88 on April 1st, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

Wow you are as good as sued. I have sat here and filmed how everyone esle is commenting and no matter how many times I try to post a legit comment on a opinion you are blocking it from going through, I am logging this discrimination. Law suit!

+ DragonWolfJD on April 1st, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

Guess the claim about Skull Girls being released was bad info. So just another garbage week it’s been this way since Simpsons.

+ ABRipperXX on April 1st, 2012 at 5:48 pm said:

Please make more psp games available to play on Vita Sony. also I’d love a sale on NIS America psp titles like Z.H.P, Phantoms Brave: The Hermuda Triangle, Prinny 2 ect.

+ EARNHARDT–JR-88 on April 1st, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:

I said months ago about that vita and all you fanboy’s sent hate messages in the dozens whining that vita was awesome and games, features would start rolling out and its heading on two months the vita has been out and nothing hardly has been released. Sony hype as always. I’ve learned my lesson and Its why I wait for games to hit low prices on psn. Games ins’t worth sixty bucks. Most games aren’t even done and need lots of patches to play. I hear the next console will not play ps3 games digital or disc. It won’t even let you play used games either. Way to go sony cause if that’s true I will not buy it at all and stick to ps3.

+ Jin_Kusanagi on April 1st, 2012 at 5:53 pm said:

Is this Sony’s 1st April?

+ DZORMAGEN on April 1st, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

Has Sony forgot about the VIta? That is it!! This is the last time I put Sony 1st as a loyal fan!! I am getting sick of it frankly!! Ever since launch, Sony has not shown anything for this system!! I feel like they robbed me from my money. Not only that all the UMDs that I thought were going to be able to transfer, and few weeks before release they said America is not getting what Japan getting. Another slap in the face!! Way to go Sony, if this is how you are doing it, I will not jump on getting your next system for maybe 6 months to a year later!!

+ GODFATHERTIG on April 1st, 2012 at 6:01 pm said:

I JUST THOUGHT OF something MAYBE SONY IS only showing a few things cause of april fools? NA i doubt it!

+ RidleysBox on April 1st, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Skullgirls went to the dark side, its an XBOX temporary exclusive with an April 11th launch date >.< NO PSN launch date released now.

+ RidleysBox on April 1st, 2012 at 6:11 pm said:

P.S. Loving my VIta, while the US content is very behind, there is tons of content in the JP market that I am eating up.

+ Conaaando on April 1st, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Just passing by to say I am alive. :-)

+ Mattsta001 on April 1st, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

Nice to see PS3 owners finally get I Am Alive, though it’s slim pickings for this month. I can see why people choose to buy another console instead of the PS3. The release schedule for XBLA looks phenomenal this April, while PSN is a wasteland. What are you guys doing? Closure got hardly any support and was reviewed by only 3 sites.

BTW, does Rey Gutierrez ever respond to any of these comments or does he just post it, then go off to drink a latte and post on Facebook? Don’t think I’ve ever seen one response.

+ SolusPrime on April 1st, 2012 at 6:27 pm said: