PS4-The Order

Spring Fever Expands Tomorrow: Wheels of Destruction, Mortal Kombat Discounts

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Apr 02, 2012 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Spring Fever - Wheels of Destruction

It’s official: Spring Fever has been elevated to a full-on pandemic and gamers everywhere are showing symptoms. Case in point: our week-one title Journey has become the fastest-selling PSN title ever released by SCEA! Due to the overwhelming response to Spring Fever, we are delivering a bonus week packed with more special offers, starting with the multiplayer car combat game Wheels of Destruction and a 20% discount for PlayStation Plus members!

Wheels of Destruction‘s vehicular mayhem gives you tons of awesome weapons to decimate your enemies in the multiplayer arena. You can learn more about Wheels of Destruction in a series of dev diaries and videos here.

If automotive ultraviolence isn’t your bag, we hope you got a chance to check out PSN’s fastest-selling game Journey, an immersive online adventure that has enchanted gamers and critics alike. Journey is one trip you won’t want to miss, providing a deeply personal experience in which your path crosses with other players in unusual ways. You’ll also want to explore the eerie puzzles of Closure, last week’s highly reviewed Spring Fever entry.

Also arriving with this final week of Spring Fever is a deep 30% discount for Mortal Kombat content, with PlayStation Plus subscribers getting a whopping 50% off! Choose from any of the DLC packs for WB Interactive’s 2011 fighter Mortal Kombat, or pick up Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe! They’re a bloody good time.

Wheels of Destruction - 02

Read on for the full list of this week’s Spring Fever releases.

Wheels of Destruction

• PS3 Game (Reg. $9.99, PS Plus $7.99)

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

• PS3 Game (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

• PS3 Game (Reg. $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79)

Mortal Kombat

• DLC Warrior Bundle (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
  • Warrior Freddy Krueger (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Warrior Kenshi (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Warrior Rain (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Warrior Skarlet (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Klassic Skins Pack 1 (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)

PAGE 1 2

+ Monterossa on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

Ugh… I want Street Fighter IV and King of Fighters XIII on PSN Store.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

We’ll see if we can synch up with our buddy’s at Capcom & Atlus to see if we can make this happen!

+ DrPhiill on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Great prices for great games :D

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

I concur!

+ MI_Titan27 on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

Im so glad i waited for the MK DLC, PS Plus pays off again!!

+ atone1382 on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Aww crap, I just bought MK arcade collection 2 weeks ago. Ah well, no big deal really, I’ll still be taking advantage of the plus discount for MK warrior bundle. At 8 bills it’s gonna be hard to turn down Wheels of destruction to. Come to think of it, I think my plus account runs dry this month…time to resub.

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

ok is shift 2 and shank 2 still slated for free for plus users?

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

I read the 3rd of april would be the date for this content.

+ LumarQQ on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

Ugh… I want Phantasy Star Portable 2 back on PSN Store… and PS1 Classics

+ LumarQQ on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Ugh… On the PS Vita I mean ;)

+ Destiny89 on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

Sony please ask Namco Bandai to release Tales of Graces f on PSN store pretty please

+ FeistFan on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

May have to finally get Mortal Kombat just for Freddy Krueger! Which version of the game is Freddy an add-on for, exactly??

+ Briyen on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

finally.. Freddy is unleashed! as a discount, now i dont have any excuses to not buy him, was weary of him joining the kast of kharacters but my weariness doesn’t beat my cheapness

+ glassmusic on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Anyone who doesn’t own MKvDC really needs to pick it up for that price. It’s an incredibly fun game. Batman beating on Scorpion? Who wouldn’t want that?? If you don’t have it already, now’s the time!

+ glassmusic on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Still waiting on a Komplete edition of MK. Even at these great prices, I just can’t see myself grabbing a game where the initial purchase is just the down payment. For games like this, I always wait and hope for a GotY edition, or some other such complete edition.

+ Briyen on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

there is already a Komplete edition? and its discounted at a lot of stores too, go get it!

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

when does ps3 plus get the ghost recon beta

+ xThe1x on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Fat Princess PSP/PS3 discounts please!

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Missed it this year, but something to consider for next time…

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

ghost recon beta already released for p.c and wii u, hopefully next week or the following..

wondering if they scratched the free download of nfs shift 2 and shank 2 for ps plus 2moro as mentioned a few days ago

+ DION3TO on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Alright… some good discounts. Hope to see more soon :D That’d be great, specially with trine 1 and 2 :D

+ TheRagingPhoenix on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Any possibility of getting more PS2 games anytime soon? I know it just launched about 4 months ago, but it still seems to be very much lacking. I’d especially love to see more RPG’s.
One more question, any possibility of getting the Devil May Cry HD Collection on PSN soon?
Great sales though otherwise. I snagged up Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory HD last week because that’s the only game in the series I havent played, but always wanted to.

+ ReptileHand on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

I heard the Vita version is going to have everything. So I’ll skip the DLC for this. I never played it much after the blackout last year.

+ listerofsmeg42 on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

Again no Vita stuff, What the hells up?

+ Almighty_Dada on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Will we be getting the Devil May Cry HD Collection or the Silent Hill HD Collection in the store anytime soon? If you want my money say yes! lol

I would love to see a Katamari Damacy HD collection, but maybe that is just me… :)

+ Busca-Cabezas on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

“Why didn’t I concur? I should’ve concur!” (LOL @ Ro Hernandez #2 answer!! Hehe! :P)

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

One of my favorite movies of all time!!

+ ItaChu on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

FINALLY THEY LISTEN TO ME!!!! GEEZUS lol too bad it was on the last “extra” week, but hey its cool :) if only you would have done this all the other weeks as well and not left us guessing what was coming now we can chose to buy whats already on sale this week or wait till tuesday night ….see Sony it was a good idea! :) Thank you :)

+ Darkwatcher on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

I want Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PSN. Please make it happen.

+ Hooligantuan on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Play it on PC, Darkwatcher.

Nevermind all the great mod options on PC, but the game actually works on PC.

+ tylerh1701 on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Any update about Skydrift PS+ discount? The post last week said it would be 50% off, but on the store it’s only 25% off. Can someone possibly check into this? Thanks.

+ Hooligantuan on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

I think Spring Fever should go another week, since like none of these weeks has been very interesting.

I remember when I first got my PS3, three months later it was Spring Fever, and I had to have bought something every week. The offerings were so great. I think I bought half the PixelJunk library.

This year, like last year … not so much. So lackluster. Came really close with those Call of Duty sales, but none of the sale items were Black Ops. I mean, really?

So disappointed. Going on year 2 of being pretty disappointed with the PSN’s offerings and sales.

+ Alex-KAI on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

And what about PSVITA ?? Have you forget people who bought it ??
Where are the updates for this console :( ?? I can not understand it !!

No psx compatibility.
No multiple accounts.
And now, no content for it……….AGAIN ???

What happen with you ???

Upload some content for it please….. !!!

Cheers.

+ b00kthree on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

I don’t get why Journey is referred to as part of Spring Fever. It looks like a great game that came out during the spring. But there was never any discount that I saw, even for plus.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

It was offered as early access to PS+ members the week of 3/6

+ Zulithe on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

Here is something that would make Vita owners happy while we wait for more games to be released: Please add Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core as downloadable games! I really want to play these on the beautiful Vita screen. Please Sony, convince Square Enix to add these! It’s money in the bank :)

+ namDa65 on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

Noooo I wanted some pixeljunk :’(. Great deals nonetheless.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

We may have something in the works… stay tuned to the blog for details…

+ KILLO31 on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Some great games !

+ Kchow23 on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

When are the promotions for getting a year of PS Plus coming back? Would love to get The Walking Dead: The Game Season Pass with my purchase of a year of PS Plus :)

+ Juststeveplease on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

THOSE M.K ADD ON & THE ARCADE KOLLECTION WOULD BE GREAT FOR MY BROTHER BUT I’M MORE READY FOR PRICE IS RIGHT DECADES ARRIVIN TOMORROW

+ TwinDad on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

Yah!, an extra week. nothing worth buying, but an extra week still.

+ Neil on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

I would like a Corpse Party PS Plus discount please.

+ Vyprstryke on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

Hmm…I’m on the fence here because I could snag the MK dlc…BUT…I do plan on buying the Vita version next month which has them included…hmm…crap lol. Will there be a demo for Wheels of Destruction? I feel like I’m not ready to stop playing Twisted Metal when I need a car combat fix =p

Snagged almost everything this month. Been some pretty great deals! I love PS+, it has already overpaid for itself lol.

+ Vyprstryke on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

MK Soundtracks would be cool to see up too! I don’t feel like there are nearly enough soundtracks available to buy!

+ Xenosuke808 on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

Any news for Ape Escape on psn?
also what about a Vita version?

+ ABRipperXX on April 2nd, 2012 at 1:54 pm said:

How about a NIS America psp game sale/Price Drop especially for Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger.

+ Nader-Abudiix on April 2nd, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Off Topic: hey could you please please please talk to EA so they could release Avatars from EA games ? i really really want mass effect ones especially the N7 logo…… thanks and thanks for the good MK deals :)

+ BigBangBear on April 2nd, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

Great deals on all the MK content. Had been holding off on trying any of it because there is enough to play, but the prices are great. Always enjoy these seasonal sales and of course PS+ all year. Thanks.

+ killa1b91 on April 2nd, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

OFF TOPIC; My posts never tend to show on Blog.Share, comments nor suggestions (ideas). Something wrong with that?

Can’t wait to try Wheels of Destruction!

+ SpiritThief on April 2nd, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

I wish I had Plus now. Might have to get the Kollection anyway 28 coins isn’t a bad deal.

Any chance on the MK9 getting its price adjusted. Kind of stupid its the same as the Komplete.

+ Detective-E on April 2nd, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

I hope I have some extra $ for the Skarlet I never bought. Only 2.50

+ smoothboarder540 on April 2nd, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

Will the first two deck packs for Magic DotP 2012 be back in the store?

+ ccrogers15 on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

Who cares about this. We want more PSone/PS2 classics.
WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THESE POPULAR GAMES?:

PSone:
Ape Escape- Yes its on the japan store, but USA, Euro and Australia are missing the game.

PS2:
The Urbz
The Sims 2
The Sims 2 Pets
The Sims 2 Castaway
Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape 3

Even some of Sonys first party games are not there, like ape escape 1-3, war of the monsters, extermination.

+ Link01 on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Any news about a spring fever PSVita firmware update?

+ SuperArcadeHero on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

I hope that Sony will bring back the PlayStation rewards because I missed it and i’m pretty sure that many other people missed it to.

PAGE 1 2