PS4-The Order

Spring Fever Expands Tomorrow: Wheels of Destruction, Mortal Kombat Discounts

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Apr 02, 2012 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Spring Fever - Wheels of Destruction

It’s official: Spring Fever has been elevated to a full-on pandemic and gamers everywhere are showing symptoms. Case in point: our week-one title Journey has become the fastest-selling PSN title ever released by SCEA! Due to the overwhelming response to Spring Fever, we are delivering a bonus week packed with more special offers, starting with the multiplayer car combat game Wheels of Destruction and a 20% discount for PlayStation Plus members!

Wheels of Destruction‘s vehicular mayhem gives you tons of awesome weapons to decimate your enemies in the multiplayer arena. You can learn more about Wheels of Destruction in a series of dev diaries and videos here.

If automotive ultraviolence isn’t your bag, we hope you got a chance to check out PSN’s fastest-selling game Journey, an immersive online adventure that has enchanted gamers and critics alike. Journey is one trip you won’t want to miss, providing a deeply personal experience in which your path crosses with other players in unusual ways. You’ll also want to explore the eerie puzzles of Closure, last week’s highly reviewed Spring Fever entry.

Also arriving with this final week of Spring Fever is a deep 30% discount for Mortal Kombat content, with PlayStation Plus subscribers getting a whopping 50% off! Choose from any of the DLC packs for WB Interactive’s 2011 fighter Mortal Kombat, or pick up Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe! They’re a bloody good time.

Wheels of Destruction - 02

Read on for the full list of this week’s Spring Fever releases.

Wheels of Destruction

• PS3 Game (Reg. $9.99, PS Plus $7.99)

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

• PS3 Game (Reg. $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89)

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

• PS3 Game (Reg. $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79)

Mortal Kombat

• DLC Warrior Bundle (Reg. $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34)
  • Warrior Freddy Krueger (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Warrior Kenshi (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Warrior Rain (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Warrior Skarlet (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)
  • Klassic Skins Pack 1 (Reg. $4.99, Sale $3.49, PS Plus $2.44)

PAGE 1 2

+ Matrix_Lion on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

I already have all the Mortal Kombat DLC. Wheels of Destruction it is.

+ Omii132 on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

What happend with the Magic 2012 Adds on?? I just see deck pack 3 and the gold one for 9.99$.

The gold add on has all the others adds on? the 3 deck packs and the archdemon one?

I´m confuse about this, help!!

+ BanzaiHeil on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Calling MK vs. DC a “bloody” good time is false advertising :-p

+ fester420 on April 2nd, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

What about the price of Mortal Kombat? The Komplete Edition is 39.99 in stores yet the regular version is still 49.99 in downloadable form.

+ milennos on April 2nd, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

Thinking for a sale for Heavy Rain: The Taxidermist ?

+ SKUZZY_NUZZLE on April 2nd, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

fester420 @ comment#53 – Don’t worry about it. Stuff like that happens. It’s not as bad as Bulletstorm being 29.99 on PSN but only 19.99 on XBOX Live, but what can we do.

+ supvic on April 2nd, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

how much was Wheels of Destruction going to cost originally? Or is $10 it’s original non-discounted price? doesn’t say it’s on discount.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 3rd, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Regular price for WoD is $9.99, however PS+ users can get it for $7.99 for the week.

+ hypersk_us on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:17 pm said:

The Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition has all DLC characters, all DLC skins and some other extras like the soundtrack… I think it’s a better purchase if you don’t have Mortal Kombat yet.

+ lazaromsousa on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:54 pm said:

I want Heavy Rain, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Battlefield 3 in the PS Store!!!!!

+ John-Shooter on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

mortal kombat died after trilogy for me.. sorry guys you can keep that stuff

+ John-Shooter on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:00 pm said:

nothin beats twisted metal as far as that kind of racing title goes too

+ Moofboy on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:21 pm said:

um…………….. Sweet! Wasn’t expecting this!

+ Erlaxis on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

Wow, some goodness for the MK fans out there. That’s really cool.

I’m backloged to hell because of the awesome Splinter Cell deal, so I don’t expect to buy anything this week, but you never know…

+ devilmosh on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:51 pm said:

I finally picked up the MK Kollector’s Edition with the bookends, etc, for a low price and I’ll just grab the DLC this week. Sweet deal! And the DC game on top of that (already nabbed the Arcade Collection a while back). Thanks!

+ Harshevik on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:54 pm said:

DLC Warrior Bundle is only the 4 add characters or also the Klassic skins pack?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on April 3rd, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

Contains 4 downloadable warriors: Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain & Freddy Krueger. The Klassic Skins are a separate DLC.

+ addicted_mw3 on April 2nd, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

hey!
i have a question?
is the ps4 is real
because I am so messed up if im buying the ps3 slim
or there will be released for ps4 on 2012?
please answer
if there is no ps4 in 2012 im gonna get the ps3 slim right now

+ Souledge94 on April 2nd, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

thank you for putting the characters on sale. Iv been waiting for this for a long long time.

+ that-acmilan-guy on April 2nd, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Spring Fever has been disappointment for me to be honest, I just don’t see any must have game with a killer discount.

+ mequinho_usa on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

It´s true that Battle VS Chess is coming to US PSN this month?

+ JokerZombie- on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

Won’t the Mortal Kombat 9 itself have a discount? I am dying to get my hands on the game.

Can we have a week for Assassins Creed and Dragon Age too?

+ Use1cc on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

I’m with “Neil” Please put Corpse Party , for PSP, at a discount on Play Station Plus.

+ Kovaelin on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:31 pm said:

I would also like some PSP love, even for non-Plus subscribers.

+ madmaxandrade on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:33 pm said:

I already bought all the DLC for MK9, but an avid fan I support this sale. It will surely help more people to know the awesomeness of Kenshi and Rain :)

PS: when will we have Tales of Monkey Island included in any sale?

+ cthulhu1976 on April 3rd, 2012 at 5:29 am said:

Any idea when Bejeweled 3 will be available on the PSN Store? It has been available forever on disc but I don´t like the other games it comes with.
Also, any when/if Final Fantasy Tactics PSOne classic will be discounted again? I didn´t know the spring fever discount was only available for one week and I couldn´t get it at the time… :(

+ Champloo4 on April 3rd, 2012 at 5:37 am said:

I like this game the first time, when it was called Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars.

Am I riiiiight? Hi-five! Guys? Guys?

+ Tryptobphan on April 3rd, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Can we expect some Bandai Namco sales soon? I’d really like a chance to get some more Pac-Man, Ridge Racer, Tekken, and Soul Calibur deals!

+ Kaoskauser on April 3rd, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Nice discounts on MC! =)

On a side note, if you were to release another PS2 classic my vote would be for Dark Cloud 2! <_<

+ NateoTron on April 3rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

Playstation Plus hurry up and update!!! its 12:42pm 4/3, and my plus is still telling me to get sly cooper which ends 4/2!!!!!! i want my free games:(((

+ monitosenlacama on April 3rd, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

Hey Ro, if you ever contact your buddies at Capcom, ask them for a Viewtiful Joe PSN release! An HD version with trophies will make everyone’s wishes come true. Considering how much Capcom loves nostalgia, mabye this is something they would like to do. If they are not willing to, then maybe it can get released as a classic PS2 game.

+ ScarReaper83 on April 3rd, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

the store might not be fully updated yet but you can download shift 2 and shank 2 for free for plus memebers right now i know this becausei used search and they both showed up as free for plus

+ Rocstarr on April 5th, 2012 at 7:54 am said: