PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

MMO Shooter Defiance Coming to PS3, Watch the Trailer

Rob Hill's Avatar + Posted by Rob Hill on Apr 06, 2012 // Sr. Producer, Defiance

Hi! I’m Rob Hill, Sr. Producer on Defiance, and today I’m here to unveil the first ever clip of gameplay for this very exciting shooter MMO for PS3.

For those that don’t know, Defiance is the first persistent online world that plays like a pixel perfect shooter. Unlike other shooter games where you can play co-op with 4 or 8 players at most, Defiance supports thousands of players playing together in a game that never ends. And if that doesn’t raise your eyebrows just a bit, the world of Defiance exists not only in the game, but in a TV series of the same name that will air on the Syfy channel. The game and show will change and evolve together, to create an entertainment experience unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. We’re glad to be able to take advantage of the power and features of the PS3 to help bring such a world to life.

79 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Dj_Rezurrection on April 6th, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

looks pretty awesome :D

+ JuggaloMemnoch on April 6th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Yeah this looks awesome indeed.. I can’t wait to hear more :D

+ jamaican27 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:14 pm said:

How Much is it a Month!

+ Tristan77 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

That is amazing, I will be following this game.

+ Ejsponge61 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

More MMOs on PS3? This can only be a good thing.
I may actually try this out though, it looks definitely looks fun enough. The only question now is it subscription based or free to play?

+ Christian399 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

Not a shooter fan at all, but this looks fun in a Borderlands sorta way (again, not my style, but I still give props to the devs for their product).

Rob, will this be a traditional MMO with quest hubs and such? Or will it be a large-scale squad game like MAG? Are you deeming it an MMO because of the levelling/ perks/ whatever system, or is there an actual scripted story?

+ Xer0Signal on April 6th, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

Looks pretty cool. Reminds me of MAG. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.

Any target release window?

+ JH-FallenReaper on April 6th, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

Never heard of it, will it be like Dust 514, will there be a subscription, and release date? please.
Damn, Sony is killing it im going to be broke so many games to buy and so little time.
This looks really awsome cant wait to play it.

+ AzureSkieth on April 6th, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

I’ve been interested in this since I first heard about it around last E3. So whats the progress on the game so far?

+ atone1382 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

This looks pretty cool. Sheesh between this and Dust things are starting to get pretty interesting on the ps3. Looking forward to more info!

+ alfangel2003 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

nice heatshot :P

+ tacotaskforce on April 6th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

What does “pixel perfect” even mean? Will you be supporting USB keyboard and mouse?

+ crazy_kracker1 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

when does the show start on Syfy and the game looks very cool

+ Cross-Legacy on April 6th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

I’ll keep this on my watch list. Seems like a good idea, we can only hope it comes together properly.

+ G-Force08 on April 6th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

Interesting indeed.

+ Hogwild333 on April 6th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Thanks for the game footage and for the update on this game. I am very glad to see that the focus seems to be co-op rather than deathmatching. I am holding out hope that this game will be free to play so that I can get all my friends to play with me. I don’t have the SyFy channel, but will the episodes be available to watch on my PS3 or on the internet somewhere?

+ Hogwild333 on April 6th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

For those of you who are wondering when this game will be coming, I can tell you that I read somewhere else that they recently finished casting for the TV show. That means that they haven’t even started filming the show yet. So I would say that this Fall would be the earliest they would be able to release the TV show and the game. It will be interesting to see how the show and the game will interact with each other.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 6th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

is this first person or third ? i hate first person view, get bad motion sickness.

+ JesseDeya on April 6th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

Sounds interesting and it’s always good to see new IPs on PS3.

Agree with tacotaskforce though, add USB keyboard and mouse support and you’ll have mine!

+ La_maravich_22 on April 6th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

looks great!!

° Please enable html5 and flash player to the ps vita.
° Youtube Instagram and Skype app for the ps vita.
° Google Chrome web browser to the ps vita.
° Cross chat platform between ps vita and ps3 users.
° Organize the content of the PSN and add a sort list on the download list by year,month,genre.
° Show to the ps3 users when the ps vita users are conected and enable the present data.
° Full integration of the PS Plus features for vita users enable cloud service.
° Improve the Facebook app of the ps vita.
° Release an avatar pack when the game comes out not 3 weeks laters.
° Fix the ps3 browser and make a partnership with google or mozilla to the next gen console. ° More PSN games to the vita and ports of great titles like journey flower nba jam castle crasher magic orbz pacman closure tetris modern combat ect ect.
° Enable to send pictures from the vita to the ps3.
° Buy Quantic Dream and ThatGameCompany.

+ La_maravich_22 on April 6th, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

° Please ps fans needs Kevin Butler again in the next E3 also Guerrilla Games with the new ip and the vita version of killzone , Naughty Dog with Last of Us, Santa Monica Studio with the secret project,Respawn Entretaiment, The last Guardian
° Sony needs to show Bioshock, Assassins Creeds and Call of Duty for vita.
°Sony needs more game for the PS Vita like Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Phantasy Star, Battlefield, God of War, Infamous, NBA 2K and a Rpg like skyrim
° Drop Price of PS3 and Ps Vita
° A MMO for the ps vita.
° The next console needs a universal party system for all the games.
° Buy at least 2 studio for eclusive development of psn games.
° New PSN Interface for the next console.
° A lot of features for the PSN like Steam.
° Digital Games not at the same price of the disc games.
° Take ideas for the new console onlive services from steam and make a subscription payment program like xbox live but no to expensive.

+ HaMmOdY on April 6th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

It looks really interesting. I’m keeping an eye on this game. It’s a multiplatform game, coming to PC and both consoles.

+ Sponge-worthy on April 6th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

@22 HaMmOdY

I assume, then, that the PS3 version will be the worst port of the three, as per usual?

+ Sponge-worthy on April 6th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

And, oh yeah…it’s a bug hunt :)

+ Hooligantuan on April 6th, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

I don’t play third-person shooters.

+ HaMmOdY on April 6th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

@23 Sponge-Worthy

Let’s hope not. If this really happens, then I’ll get it on the other console.
I really hope not for you PS3 only owners.

+ station3fever on April 6th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

Something about headshots that just hit “home” lol (love it)

+ DION3TO on April 6th, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

I personally did not like it at all.

This game looks too normal, with lots of cliches, avarage maps and generic soldiers/weapons. MY OPINION.

+ Mterre on April 6th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

Nice! heavy please one game in single player, good only game not late, exlcusivited.

+ D-Squad3 on April 6th, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:

OMG this looks so much fun! Another MMO shooter for the PS3!

Reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers.

+ HaMmOdY on April 6th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

I’m curious to know what will happen to the game if the show fails and SyFy decides to pull a Fox ?!

+ k_KILLERB on April 6th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

It looks awsome

+ MarkakaJin on April 6th, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

I’m only interested in this game if it’s free to play. If not, then I don’t care.

+ poodude on April 6th, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

Looks fun, I’m assuming we can’t play as the aliens though :p.

Have you guys decided on the pricing structure yet?

+ ZeroSection on April 6th, 2012 at 6:53 pm said:

I’m intrigued by this……tell me more~

+ Papa-Wheelie on April 6th, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

Looks so amazing! Brings a whole new meaning to shooters.
Only thing I would like to know is:
- Beta Release Date?
- Official Release Date?
- DLC Compatible in future?

+ kdiep on April 6th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

Video looked decent but concept sounds great. I think I would need to play this one to get excited.

+ themajestic-2 on April 6th, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

I…MUST…HAVE….THIS!!!

+ Eternal-CMO on April 6th, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Since this game will launch on PC, 360 and PS3 will it be cross-platform play? In that PS3 users may play with 360 or PC users, or interact in some other form.

+ MaverickStar7 on April 6th, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Looks pretty interesting. Sony, keep up the good work. I like what you are doing here.

+ Alexandroxx9 on April 6th, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

this game will be funny
looks like a war
awesome

+ KGH on April 6th, 2012 at 9:29 pm said:

looks hella fun, hope its F2P. I’ll definately keep my eyes peeled for the release date

+ addicted_mw3 on April 6th, 2012 at 10:17 pm said:

wow it is really cool!!!!
I hope it is fun like call of duty
love the game,love the graphics
playing in one game with thousands of players

it is awsome!!!!

+ addicted_mw3 on April 6th, 2012 at 10:18 pm said:

ohw and it looks like halo to me thou

+ WastelandDan on April 7th, 2012 at 12:10 am said:

Somebody has deffinetly been Make.Beleving AND Imagining Greater!

+ omega_alpha-619 on April 7th, 2012 at 1:36 am said:

This game looks too GENERIC… it’s like one of those crappy f2p Korean MMO’s only it’s a shooter. No Thanks.

+ DrPhiill on April 7th, 2012 at 2:00 am said:

Thank you Sony for bringing more and more games to the Ps3 system! along with new apps like Amazon!
Now just bring one of those video apps to EU/Sweden!

+ your_moms_man on April 7th, 2012 at 2:09 am said:

finally a REAL game changer for the shooter genre beyond COD and Battlefield.

Cant wait to see final cut.

+ Execrate on April 7th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

Looks like more garbage respawn. Like a borderlands horde mode. Even if this is free I don’t want it.

+ Execrate on April 7th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

You get rid of zipper but bring forth this pile?

PAGE 1 2