PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

SoulCalibur V World Championships Broadcasting 4/10

+ Posted by "Filthie" Rich Bantegui on Apr 06, 2012 // NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

Hey everyone,

On April 10, 2012 eight qualifying players from tournaments held across the globe will be facing each other to battle it out for the SOULCALIBUR V World Championship title in Las Vegas, Nevada. With over $10,000 in prizing, arcade sticks, games and more going to the combatants, this will be an event to go down in the history books.  And we’re even giving fans a chance to win cool items by tuning into the action!

The SOULCALIBUR V World Championships will be broadcasted live by community stream evangelist Team Spooky, featuring hype and play by play commentary by Fighting Game Community leader Mark “MarkMan” Julio and myself, Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui, to keep fans updated and entertained. Special guest and game director, Daishi Odashima will also be in attendance to chat about the game with fans at the event.

SoulCalibur V World Championships poster

We invite you to watch this “HYPE” SOULCALIBUR V World Championships event, and for a chance to win awesome swag from our event partners – Hori, Mad Catz and Sony Computer Entertainment America! Make sure to tune into the stream on April 10 at 7:00pm PST at: http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky. For questions you can tag me directly at http://www.twitter.com/Filthierich or check out http://www.facebook.com/SOULCALIBUR.

The Project Soul team, and NAMCO BANDAI Games have made it a priority to listen and engage the competitive fighting community during development and through the release of SOULCALIBUR V. We’re listening, taking notes and letting fans voice their opinions to help us keep the SOULCALIBUR franchise as one of the best fighting series out there. The SOULCALIBUR V World Championship is an excellent opportunity to see the passion and heart that goes into competitive tournaments and we plan to support more tournaments in the future.

Check out the video below, get hype, and get the popcorn ready on April 10. We’ll see you then!

+ Destiny89 on April 6th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

Namco Bandai.. im just commenting in here to thank you very much for bringing Tales of Graces f, loving the game so much and i hope we get to see more Tales for the PS3 being localized!
i bought 2 copies to support you guys :P
Sorry that was off topic :P

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on April 6th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

No worries on the off topic discussion – and thank you so much for the kind words. Make sure to check the stream!
    Fun Fact – A ton of Fighting Game players play TALES Of games!

+ SH1FA on April 6th, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

I live in mexico and I have no home or play station tales of graces f Spanish or playstation blog updated, I got the game that was not even on sale here buy my copy and am happily playing imported in English that great Tales Of Graces F game! Saludos. off topic ++

+ DinnertimeNinja on April 6th, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

Hey Filthie,

Since this board seems to have your attention and I know you sometimes have the ear of the development team, I want to express my happiness (and a little bit of disappointment) with the latest balancing patch.

I know they’re listening to a lot of the community because they did an AMAZING job of fixing the game system (ie, step guard and jump/block option selects), and most characters were treated just fine (or left alone) in the patch.

Maxi, for example, looked to have gotten a TON of nerfs at first glance, but in reality his crazy-damage combos were just toned back a bit and he still plays like the bad@ss that he is.

(continued in next post)

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on April 8th, 2012 at 12:35 am said:

Hey Rico – Thank you so much for sharing the info. I completely understand your concern with how the new patch and would like to let you know that i have been reading as many posts, blogs, tweets and/or mentions about 1.02 and sharing with the team.

With fighting games, you and I both know that we all want the most balanced game with fun game-play, accessibility and depth at the same time. We have been open ears and will be constantly be pushing to improve on our process –

As a player of fighting games,we should never let the hitbox of a character or the advantage/disadvantage or anything else change the way you love a game. Games will constantly evolve but need the play of the community to keep on going.

I will never have to look at your posts like your either whining or moaning – keep on what your doing, and thank you so much for sharing

+ DinnertimeNinja on April 6th, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

On the flip side though, it seems that a few characters were really raked through the coals for no reason. Most of all, Tira and Raph. Tira got more nerfs than anyone else on the roster, and while I realize that the dev team had thought she had some broken stuff that we didn’t know yet, instead of fixing that and leaving the rest alone, they pretty well nerfed everything she had and left EVERYONE in the community scratching their heads. No one was complaining about her being overpowered before, and yet she got nerfed as if she was the most broken character in the game.

As for Raph, he has historically never been a very good character (save for when B,B tracked 100% in SCIV), and SCV was no different. He was not very competitive BEFORE the patch and yet the devs nerfed him and took away the only real tools he had. No one understands why a character so obviously under-powered would have anything taken from him.

(continued in next post)

+ DinnertimeNinja on April 6th, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

I don’t mean to whine and moan, but I honestly feel that there should be a little more community interaction with the balancing patches. If something is changed and NO ONE in the community can understand why, then it was a bad decision to make. The only things that SHOULD be changed in a balancing patch, are the things that the community at large are talking about the most. Maxi’s damage nerf is a perfect example of this system working correctly. I had literally heard ZERO Tira/Raph complaints from anyone before the patch (and a TON of Pyrrah complaints *cough cough*), which begs the question, why make a change that no one asked for?

Oh, and my SC community name is Rico. Don’t want it to look like I’m hiding behind some strange name and making claims I won’t back up. I absolutely love that you’re so involved with the community, and I hope that this interaction continues in the future.

Thanks for listening.

+ vza004 on April 7th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Speaking of the Tales series, where’s my Tales of Vesperia? I don’t want to get a 360 for that outdated version of Vesperia and importing is out of the question because I don’t know how to read Japanese!!

+ MarinoBrea on April 7th, 2012 at 10:35 pm said:

GO OMEGADR!

+ joerat on April 8th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Any news about DLC for character endings? I know about story mode but what about the individual character endings that you used to get when you finished arcade mode? I missed those. The game lacks in my opinion this very important feature. It well gave the characters meaning.

+ ST-EARFFernandes on April 8th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Soul Calibur 5 – update 1.02 – problem.

I have the game Soul Calibur 5

I downloaded the update from the game Soul Calibur 5 in version 1.02 and I realized that there is an error, which did not exist before.

When I play the story mode and I arrive in episode 18, Nightmare struggle between ZWEI and, soon after winning the Nightmare, the presentation is silent, with no sound, not even any lines, the game only returns to normal at the beginning of episode 19, now all the sounds reappear.

I deleted the update and played the game again in episode 18 and realized that the character after defeating Nightmare, the presentation has sound and speak like the rest of the game.

I installed the update again 1:02 and I realized that the sound stopped working.

Tested in other Playstation 3 and other media of the same game. The problem persisted.

Thus I conclude that the error is the update 1.2

Thanks for your attention

Someone had the same problem?

+ saintaqua on April 8th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Please make a Vita version with a REAL story mode and challenge mode like 3 and 4 had.
SCV was beautiful but so bland I returned it.
This is coming from someone who hyped the game and had it preordered asap.
This was not the game I wanted. :(

+ Gamebeast532 on April 8th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Ezio no doubt about it will win cuz hes got the skills for it

+ MEGA_MAN_X on April 8th, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

Helllo Sony I would like expres what has me concerened and my other five close friends, and almost all of my playstation network friends own a Vita we are a little angry with you by the way you are working with the Vita, is too slow we still cant download from our Vitas playstation one games(any) and psp, only some, another thing that hanst been released yet are the aplications Skype, whats happening that skype isnt avaible to be downloaded yet, I hope that for this week is avaible and I would like to know why the other new aplications havent been anounced. Please speak with the Mozilla Firefox company so they develop a better browser for the Vita, or if not a Google Chrome, what we couldnt believe and astonished us was that the Vita doesnt have adobe flash player, and in internet you cant do almost anything without adobe flash player, we cant see videos from websites please in the next update add full support Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63, and JavaScrippt belive me you will make me feel glad and all my friends.
remember the best promotion is a satisfied customer and a console (PS VITA) off is bad promotion

+ Blackstar131 on April 8th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

Dam OmegaDR look beast and this game looki cool i might get it.