No Man's Sky

Sack it to Me: Mm Picks & Awesomesauce Sigs

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Apr 09, 2012 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

A Big Hello to LittleBigPlanet!

There was such a lot going on last week, that I didn’t really get a chance to properly introduce myself to everyone! My name is Steven, and you’ll be hearing a lot more from me in my new role as LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator, although some of you may already recognise me from the LittleBigPlanet community by my PSN ID StevenI.

With the release of two brand-new LittleBigPlanet titles this year and plenty more exciting things to come for LittleBigPlanet 2… You can be sure to hear all the latest news and events for LittleBigPlanet every Monday.

You all know we love our community and are lucky to have such a passionate group. With the recent announcement for LittleBigPlanet Karting, our fans have gone wild analyzing the trailer making sure you know about all of the good stuff to come!

FarFromSubtle viewing!

Sackinima Analysis:

LBPK community art FTW:
A special thank you to the PaintingChannel for, by far, our favorite YouTube clip of the week!

Mm Picks!

It’s time to take another look at the latest selection of featured levels in LittleBigPlanet! Sackboy is an active little fellow, and in Honey World Story we see him running up and down the walls of a honey-covered hive. Then, in Sky Forest, he climbs up ladders and ledges to make his escape. Meanwhile, we have a truly artistic delight from chaogear and his Natural Sky level, and Special_D_ challenges you to save the world from asteroids in his Blackhole mini-game!

Finally if you just want to chill out and relax in LittleBigPlanet, then you’ll want to head to Hug-Of-War’s music gallery to listen to the large collection of compositions from this talented musician!

Honey World Story (Platformer)

Honey World Story (Platformer)

by yu-kamone

Natural Sky

Natural Sky

by choasgear

》SKY FOREST《 (① ⓟⓛⓐⓨⓔⓡ ⓞⓝⓛⓨ)

Sky Forest (One Player Only)

by iBreezyBrezo

Hug-Of-War's Gallery of Musical Music

Hug-Of-War’s Gallery of Musical Music

by Hug-of-War

BLACKHOLE (HARD)

Blackhole (Hard)

by Special_D_

Community Highlight – LittleSigPlanet

Have you just published your latest creation that you want all of LittleBigPlanet to see?
However you just don’t know where to begin with getting your level noticed?

Well then, perhaps you should head on over to the LittleSigPlanet website and pick out a wonderful signature to display on your favorite LittleBigPlanet forum!

Just use the very friendly Signature Wizard by putting in a link to your LBP.me profile or level, select your preferred style and theme for your new signature and then just click on the Get codez button to create your new signature in an instant!

It’s as simple as that! Sharing levels on your favourite LittleBigPlanet fansite has never been easier.

This wonderful gift to the community is definitely Awesomesauce-approved! So for their awesome contribution, we will be awarding the creators of the LittleSigPlanet website, the rarest and most elusive Secret Pin in LittleBigPlanet…

The Awesomesauce Pin!

awesomesauce

Congratulations to bagheadinc, bludhound and Tyler_stewart and a big thank you for all the awesome signatures that you have given to the LittleBigPlanet community!

+ MarioGamer159 on April 9th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

No Journey Costume this week? okay.jpg

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 10th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

The Journey Costume Pack is due for release in the last week of April and we may just have another awesome Costume Pack coming with it… Which I’ll tell you more about closer to their release date. ;)

Oh and we have quite an exciting line-up for LittleBigPlanet over the Summer too, so your Sackboy will have plenty of cool new costumes to keep him happy. :)

+ chickengrasshead on April 9th, 2012 at 6:02 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait for this beast new game but, you should put this as a PSVita game too.

+ jeffsmither on April 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

how about the best costumes setups.
Also, can we use LBP(PS3 ) add-ons with the new LBP vita that coming out in a few months?

+ xTurmoilZz on April 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

Any news on when LBP for the Vita is coming out?

+ BigDaddyCrunch on April 9th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

This all sounds great, BUT what we really need is a LittleBigPlanet Vita release date. I still have hopes for April, but if it must be May that is okay. If its as late as June that is tolerable, BUT Holiday 2012 is NOT GOOD. February 2013 is TOTALLY too late considering how heavily the Vita was marketed with LBP. Please just give us the date!

+ A104049 on April 9th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Nice LBPK traler breakdown, very nice detailed drawling, great level, and this part is towards MarioGamer159 (That was an april fools joke I think because if you look here http://www.littlebigland.com/april-fools-around-littlebigplanet/

+ jeffsmither on April 9th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

About that LBP kart racing, what make it different from ModNation Racer?

+ EseBones on April 9th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

Is LBP comin out for PSVITA this month since the VITA comes with a LONG LIVE PLAY paper showing a few games with release dates an LBP says April 2012

+ kilburni86 on April 9th, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

Can we PLEASE have a release date for LBP Vita? If you’re pushing the game out, just tell us. This was a big “launch window” title for Vita and we’re WELL past the launch window. Come on, Sony…keep us in the loop!

+ Rikorudaniel on April 9th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

@3 omg, I hope so! But I think they will actually. @7 I really want that to happen. My birthday is next month but I want LBP for vita as soon as I get Vita. @2 I originally thought that this game was for vita. But to my disappointment, Its only for PS3. I would really like it to be for Vita. I know this comment was just my answer/opinions but who really cares. The only thing I want, is the release date for LittleBigPlanet Karting, and LittleBigPlanet for PS vita.

+ bagheadinc on April 9th, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

@3 LBP1 and LBP2 costumes will transfer into LBP Vita.

And thanks for the LittleSigPlanet shout out StevenI, much appreciated. :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 10th, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

No problem, I hope you and other guys are all enjoying your shiny new Awesomesauce Pins and showing them off with pride!

+ jdizzle0420 on April 9th, 2012 at 8:00 pm said:

No edit button? I meant June 12th…

+ cjmc18 on April 9th, 2012 at 11:32 pm said:

any news on LITTLE BIG PLANET VITA RELEASE DATE?

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 10th, 2012 at 1:57 am said:

nice

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 10th, 2012 at 2:09 am said:

wowwwwww

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 10th, 2012 at 3:09 am said:

boy

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 10th, 2012 at 3:16 am said:

wow

+ Carl-G on April 10th, 2012 at 3:25 am said:

I WANT A ‘MM’ LBP3! ! ! :P + I can’t wait to play LBP:Karting :P Any date for it? + Demo? Beta? ;)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 10th, 2012 at 4:17 am said:

@6..watch the gameplay video and you will see the diffrence..its got more MODES and it can be played in either 3d..or 2d..which is pretty amazing. I was kinda hoping there would be a LBP TRACK ADD-ON for MODNATION..but i guess a whole new game does make more sence…im not sure if im going to digg this LBP KATRING because it looks alil too kiddy for me but then again MNR is just a kiddy. So i will be looking forward to trying this out..as a matter of fact i will actually pop LBP2 in my ps3 just to get that silly kid feeling again and just have fun with it. Keep up the good work MM …@17..you read my mind..lol

+ Major_Hoare on April 10th, 2012 at 5:39 am said:

More LittleBigPlanet news and less Modnation crap on Monadays at the playstation blog suits me just fine.

+ jokenhatchet on April 10th, 2012 at 5:42 am said:

when is this going to drop is it dlc or disc?????
i got say i like the free community lvls but really i like the ones created by MM with trophies is the way to go

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on April 10th, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

LittleBigPlanet Karting is a brand new game which will be coming out later this year!

+ Imputed7-14 on April 10th, 2012 at 6:36 am said:

First off, Steven, congrats on the position. It will be nice to get LBP regular coverage on the blog. Can not wait for Karting. Should be a blast. I am excited about adding minigames and battle mode. That will be awesome.

For me, Modnation was almost too deep. LBP is a sweet spot, which is part of the reason it is loved. Excited to hear more details…eagerly awaiting E3.

+ darthlego on April 10th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

I am really excited about LBP Karting, though I would like to learn more about LBP Vita.

So when should we find out some more details about the creation aspect of LBP Karting? I would love if we are able to create our own props and an option to race on foot.

+ TSFRJ on April 10th, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

As expected steven as you may have guessed. Im already on ModNationRacer doing laps with sackboy in the steam strain gokart. Im waiting to chug full throttle down the rails. United Front games should release that sackboy and kart for a $1.99 for all those who missed out on the rare dlc that came with MNR 1st releases.

+ jyun-san on April 10th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

I also do hope we will hear some news on the Vita release date… I haven’t had the chance to play any LBP for the past 3 years due to lack of owning a PS3 or PSP, so I’m really looking forward to the Vita version.. especially since touchscreen controls + level cration for LBP probably go very well together.. *__*

+ tyreytrdh on April 10th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

when will it come out? and can you transfer any of your dlc from lbp1 or 2 to LBP karting.

+ tyreytrdh on April 12th, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

p.s can you make a starhawk costume.

+ Setsuna_MX on April 13th, 2012 at 1:16 am said:

Help!!! I have a problem!!! I bought little big planet 2 special edition, when I try to play prehistoric moves a message appear saying that the content was expired, then I erased the game but doesn’t appear again and I don’t know how to download it again for free, it suppose to be in the disc or not?

Note: I download prehistoric moves when I was plus the last year, but actually I’m not plus. Maybe this can cause and error.

+ Rancer1 on April 13th, 2012 at 6:23 pm said:

So, journey costumes at the end of the month huh? Sigh. When you say another awesome costume pack, do you mean before the Journey costumes or after/at the same time?

+ HAVOC___________ on April 15th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

“Cloud Land Adventures” Great Lvl !!!! :)””””{‘,}

+ Moleynator on April 18th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Thanks for sticking up my analysis! :D You are doing a great job on all this Steven!

+ modernracers on April 23rd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

awesome,it looks like a really cool game