PS4-The Order

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 15, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

It’s kind of hard to believe, but we’re just under two months away from E3. In between then and now, the publishers will play host to a large number of preview events to whet the appetites of media and gamers alike. SCEA and Namco Bandai both held showcases last week, and you can expect updated previews from both events here on the PlayStation.Blog this week.

And if you’re in the neighborhood (SF Bay Area), I want to extend an invitation to join us for a PS Vita event on Wednesday, headlined by Resistance: Burning Skies. We’ll be holding an R:BS multiplayer tournament, as well as set up demo stations for the single player campaign, as well as other upcoming titles, such as Gravity Rush (yes!). Details and RSVP here.

Oh, and 04.19.12.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of April 9, 2012)

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 15th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

Can’t wait for Mortal Kombat on the Vita.

+ mpb93 on April 15th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

any news on remote play for vita thats the whole reason i bought one

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Not today, but angling for an update.

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 15th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Also i am glad that facebook app has been updated to allow photo upload, i couldn’t figure out how to transfer my photos on the vita to my laptop,.

+ Matrix_Lion on April 15th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

Thanks for the hyperlinks and Jeff Rubenstein let Sony know a white PS Vita with black buttons would be much appreciated.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

I’d buy that! No other colors announced, however.

+ G-Force08 on April 15th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

04.19.12

Everyone is saying God of War.

After examining a lot of things – Whether it is IV, a Vita title, or a new direction for the franchise, that’s up for debate, but I am inclined to agree with these that the game is indeed a new God of War title.

+ G-Force08 on April 15th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

Wish there was at least a timed edit button (*hint, hint*)

I meant to say I am inclined to agree with these theories*

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on April 15th, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

* on knees*

Please god, don’t let Sony ruin another great franchise with forced multiplayer…

+ mpb93 on April 15th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

thx cuz i need an update when can i expect it

+ mpb93 on April 15th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

Will killzone 3 ever be available via remote play and when

+ MakoSOLIDER on April 15th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

Hey Jeff how much do Vita dev kits cost? Are they available to everyone like Move.me or do u need certain qualifications? I’ve got a genius idea all planned out but have no intention of sharing it cus I want the money and credit:D idea s really ground breaking, nothings been done like it before, probably will sell a whole bunch of Vitas. Also have u guys thought about adding a GPS app to the Vita not just maps. Also is there any reason why SONY uses there own browsers over just getting the Android browser onto the Vita? Security?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

I don’t know the costs, but they’re not handed out to just anyone. I’d recommend joining up with people that already are actively developing as opposed to going lone wolf.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

oh, and good luck!

+ SpiritThief on April 15th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Nothing about Demon’s Souls servers shutting down:(

Everyone should flock to it now. I know I am. I finally started to play Dark Souls, rang the first bell and got lost and killed for a good 2 hours. Then I hear they were shutting them of on May 31.

Now I plan on going back later today and invading until they kick me off.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on April 15th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

Hey Jeff, are you a fan of the Flyers? It’s one heck of a series right now and easily the most exciting hockey that I’ve seen in a while. I think they’re going to win the cup.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Yup, this has been an incredible series. I hope we win, of course, but it hasn’t ever happened in my lifetime…

+ Kchow23 on April 15th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

Hoping that we get some news on updates on the PS Vita and games soon! Just finished getting all medals on Motorstom RC. Good articles Jeff!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 15th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Nice! I was making good progress but stalled.

+ cjl1209 on April 15th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

That Treasure of Montezuma Blitz game could have been explained to consumers much better. The game does not properly tell you how its pricing structure functions. All it says is “refill now” and “close”. The description in the store simply says you can “wait”. That’s rather vague. I know it wasn’t Sonys doing but this just comes off as a cheap move.

+ MidnightChampion on April 15th, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

Well….I am an One Piece fan, is there any hope that it will be released in the EU PSN as well? I don’t have access to NA content, so there’s no way for me to play the game.

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 15th, 2012 at 11:20 pm said:

Add your comment heregood

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 16th, 2012 at 1:20 am said:

good

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 16th, 2012 at 1:24 am said:

nice

+ jkuc75sj on April 16th, 2012 at 5:35 am said:

You guys read Shoryuken.com? That’s great! I hope Sony will keep supporting Fighting games evenmore!

+ livingnightmare on April 16th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Jeff, can you tell us why there is no Gravity Rush demo out in the US market, but there’s an English version on retail demo consoles as well as in the Asian market PS stores?

+ livingnightmare on April 16th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

Also since the comment section of the compatibility list is closed, I thought I’d say something here. The article says, “We’ll keep this list current and let you know when updates are made.” when in fact the list is not current according to PlayStation Consumer Services support. I can’t get any mini acquired for free through PSPlus to transfer despite 5 of the ones I have being on that list, and was told that if they aren’t in the PS store on the vita they aren’t compatible. That means that 24 of the minis in that list are not compatible with the vita. If that is true, then it’s really not, nor has it ever been, a current list.

I just want a straight honest answer on the topic which is something that’s not really a common thing around here. If there is an issue with the free PS Plus minis transferring to the Vita, then just say so. If the games really aren’t compatible, then take them off the list. I find it a bit hard to swallow that if they aren’t in the vita store they aren’t compatible when they are on the compatibility list, and they are also in the PSN (via ps3) under the minis section for “PS3 / PSP / PS Vita” and not just the “PS3 / PSP”.

+ DarkOne_PR on April 16th, 2012 at 10:02 pm said:

jeff tell sony to let ppl develop apps for the vita like the apple do! Then u approves whatever app they think are good! the vita its lacking apps! we need MORE AND FAST!

+ cannizzaro on April 16th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

I know vita will come around with all the features but I am wondering about AR games, I would really like to see maybe mini games or full games that obviously depends on the programmers but seeing a game like lemmings or tetris would be something else. I also wonder if improving the megapixel on the camera would clean up some of the sketchiness, I am glad to have a port on top of the vita maybe for a flashlight so you can use the AR better, just some thoughts, thanks.

+ acorliss on April 17th, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

I’m with livingnighmare. Sony’s communications regarding psp/minis compatibility on the Vita is as about as poor as it gets. A straight answer and a road map would be nice, or you’re just pounding the point home that it doesn’t pay to be an early adopter under Sony’s watch.

+ potter214 on April 18th, 2012 at 8:22 pm said:

oooh saw a mention of gravity rush on here <3
shame I bought my vita so early, with no pso support it's collecting a bit of dust sadly :[
hmmm maybe I shouldn't have supported the system by buying it 10 days after U.S. launch, DOH!
.Although I could have sworn I read it would have PSO support by U.S. launch time.
meh I just got suckered into buying it apparently lol…