God of War

Apr 16

Apr 16

PlayStation Home: x7 Update, Lockwood Sodium 2 Preview + Weekly Update

Cade Peterson's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This Wednesday, April 18th, exclusive x7 perks continue as more early-access items will roll out, Lockwood shares another sneak peek at their upcoming Sodium 2 update and releases some adorable new safari-inspired companions, and a new, vibrant collection from Konami Raver clothing gets ready to light up the night.

x7 Early Access Update—Members of x7 will gain early access to several new items this week including a not-so-furry Robotic Cat Companion and Active Item bundled together, some “meta”-physical auras from the four elements Flame, Aqua, Earth and Air, and more. First thing Wednesday morning, head to x7 to pick up these new items.

ElementalAuras

Two racers have returned to Project Velocity, forgotten heroes of this high-octane sport who clamor to regain their notoriety. Already it’s happening—these Legendary Racers are gaining a following of keen young sportsmen and women eager to follow in their death-defying footsteps by racing (and dressing) just like them.

Only the finest racers can expect to don the Legendary Pilot outfit, though. The Legendary Racers don’t let just anyone copy their style. If you want to dress like a winner, you have to be a winner. Reach level 40 to unlock the complete Legendary Pilot Outfit.

Very few Safaris give you the opportunity to get up close and personal with elephants, hippos, and gorillas in one trip — but that’s exactly what a trip to the Lockwood store can do for you today!

Tembo returns and this time he’s brought some friends along. Kubwa is an impressively huge gorilla. He’ll pound his chest and the ground to show his dominance, and when he thinks no one is watching, he has some rather unsavory habits… Kiboko is an unbelievably cute baby hippo who sometimes gets tired out playing all day. He’ll follow you around as much as his little legs can carry him, but when he gets too tired, he’ll plop down on the floor and yawn. Open up your home and your heart to some exotic wildlife!

Next, journey to The Great Edo as there are some new Feudal Lord clothing items to adorn the samurai in all of you.

Now available to the public are an assortment of fierce weaponry from stylized scythes to sword claws (eep!) to an over-sized shuriken. Head to Costumes and pick up these menacing new items.

PlayStation Home: Feudal Lord WeaponsPlayStation Home: Feudal Lord Weapons

Also the recently released Novus Prime 5.5 items from HellFire Games, the Obsidian Bladewalker Suit and Throwing Star and the Midas Reactive Defense System Bundles are available to the public.

The Community Theater gets an update this week. HomeCast gets blown away by some of the saltiest sea dogs from Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove and shares a few tricks for sailing the seven seas. Next up, Hip Hop Gamer snags an interview covering the upcoming The Amazing Spiderman game.

Konami is releasing a large new assortment for the club kids in all of us—the Raver Collection! Get ready to dance your booty off with clothing options ranging from mesmerizing animated visors to glow-in-the-dark baggy raver pants and everything in-between. Be sure to check them out in the 3D preview in the commerce points to see the full effect of these very cool items.

PlayStation Home: Konami's Raver Collection

See you in Home!

Add Your Own

ck2875 said:

April 16th, 11:18 am

I’m quite excited for the Legendary Pilot outfits for Sodium 2. Now I just need to level up.

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 16th, 2:24 pm

I guess I know what you’ll be doing in the near future!

Major_XXII said:

April 16th, 11:29 am

Hmm.. Guess we’ll see.

FUNimation3 said:

April 16th, 2:41 pm

i bought that stupid x7 club for days and the game doesnt even work i get kicked OUT
MONEY WASTED, REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 16th, 3:49 pm

I’m sorry you had this experience. I’ll investigate to find out what’s happening. In the meantime, would you mind raising the issue in our Home Support forum? It may be found here: http://us.playstation.com/home-support

azureflamelord said:

April 16th, 2:42 pm

I’m kinda irritated that only women will be getting that amazing scythe from costumes while men are stuck with that (pointlessly) large shuriken, but I’m pretty used to this by now. Very excited for the Konami Raver outfits though. About time some rave stuff was put on Home.

FUNimation3 said:

April 16th, 2:48 pm

update looks great Thanks

Bcrazyman said:

April 16th, 3:21 pm

GREAT I LIKE THE NEW CLUB ITS IS AWSOME PLUS MEMBERS GET FREE STUFF CANT WAIT TO GET BACK IN THE CLUB SEE YOU ON HOME IM BACK !

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 16th, 3:51 pm

When I see people running around with the Auras on Wednesday, I’ll know they are members of x7. Bring the powers of nature with you everywhere!

crazy_kracker1 said:

April 16th, 4:26 pm

hey Cade did GW and LS get laid off or something lol jplyn will threads ever get any new stuff in seem like the last time they did is when they had the shirt with the snake that wrapped around the arm

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 16th, 5:06 pm

LOL! Nope, but that’s a good question. GlassWalls and Locust_Star will still be around as long as we are. We are now going by our real names on the PS Blog since our new responsibilities have expanded. No worries though, we will continue to help manage and take care of Home itself as it is a very large, vibrant piece of PlayStation Digital Platforms.

As for Threads, there’s been a ton of new content added since those shirts with the snakes were released. Check it out!

gamer_316 said:

April 16th, 5:15 pm

I think i’m liking wat i’m seeing of the Rave Pants from Konami, also the elements items are there prices on these items u can tell us now?

Major_XXII said:

April 16th, 5:30 pm

Lol Dudes get a badass obsidian costume and we get a scythe.. yah get over it man.

spiderman552 said:

April 16th, 5:49 pm

in 2007, it was announced tht there would be a trophy room to display all trophys you earned on psn in pshome. its 2012 now, tht was 5 years ago, where is it? has it been cancelled?

SkyShadowNinja91 said:

April 16th, 7:54 pm

Is there a release date for the post Apocalypse shooter in psn home? Or atleast a possible release date

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 17th, 10:37 am

No Man’s Land is still in development, and we have no launch date to announce quite yet, but it’s coming!

SkyShadowNinja91 said:

April 16th, 7:56 pm

@11 If they are still doing it A) I imagine it would be a very technically difficult space to make 2) They might be saving it for the ps4 3) Just like with the party system annoucement they made awhile back they might be checking into if they can do it or not.

SkyShadowNinja91 said:

April 16th, 7:58 pm

Now if only i could ride a flaming demonic horse in home

tyshad92 said:

April 16th, 8:32 pm

why can’t everybody get in the x7 club? im definitely not paying for a stupid pass to get in.

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 17th, 10:38 am

Passes are not required to get in, as there are lots of other options to gain entrance. The easiest is to become a PS+ member or to buy one of the Exclusive items (Diamond Suit, for example).

Iced-Tea-Bagger said:

April 17th, 12:03 am

i might get that gorilla to go with my yeti costume. also if everyone could get in the vip club then it wouldn’t be a vip club. also it was cheaper for me to just buy a mansion piece since i had the garage so the next part was only $9.99. so it was $4.99 for a week pass or $9.99 for full membership. also kinda lame since most of this update is stuff that was vip last week.

also a price on the gorilla companion? im guessing $2.50 to $2.99

BIG_BAD_NELLY said:

April 17th, 3:33 am

why was psn down yesterday?

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 17th, 10:39 am

Yup. PSN was offline for maintenance yesterday.

JAHoE said:

April 17th, 3:50 am

Only in PS HOME , Super update cant wait , S2 level 40 done, glow pants done, my comment done ,lol, see you in Home !_!

erickafollie said:

April 17th, 9:02 am

im really Fumming right now , 4 days ago i went to my DOLPHYN personal space and all my Dolphyns were wiped out, they were adults , with a lot of trophies, skins and effects. When i first arrived in my Personal space , it says GAME CURRENTLY UNAVALABLE, so i went to my studio for 5 minutes, then went back to my Dolphyn space and it asked me to raise a new Dolphyn, which i wont do , due to all the WASTED TIME i put into it for NOTHING .
NOW , I went to check on my LOCOROCCO PERSONAL SPACE and everything is GONE , i had the whole place completed and now it is as if i just bought the damm place, and DO NOT tell me its my fault, that i need to re start, to clear the cache , to delete Home , cause i did all that for my dolphyn place and nothing WORKED , you keep bringing more stuff to sell , yet on the other end you dont FIX anything , you just sit there and ignore my comments …………… No wonder Sony is going down , 6 Billion net loses , the man that “Created ” HOME should be ashamed of himself, putting people in charge of this SERVICE that do absolutly nothing but sell fake virtual stuff for real money while members going thru problems like this get IGNORE .

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 17th, 12:52 pm

Hi ericka,

As I believe you know already, all potential issues should be reported in the Home Support forum. Joystick_Warrior is always glad to begin investigating things, and shares what he learns about any updates or news related to support topics. Here’s the link in case anyone needs it: http://us.playstation.com/home-support

Cyber_Goth_Night said:

April 17th, 9:59 am

i like your raver look but i am a raver/ gogo dancer in real life and i have not see ufo pants like that in ages there cool but that more the 1990s raver look most raver and gogo dancers wear fur boots and skirts now more than anything and you got the cyber goth raver look.

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 17th, 10:44 am

Ravers, and Burners, and Cyber Goths, oh my! (See what I did there?)

You are right, there is a distinct look over the years, each with their own cool take on an underground dance scene. I’m a fan of all of them, and we do have options for almost all of them.

erickafollie said:

April 17th, 12:04 pm

Thank you for IGNORING my comment completly Cade Peterson , and Thank you most for NOT offering a reply, a solution, an idea, to my Dolphyn Personal Space and Locco Island problem, Thank you Home Devs, and ” Creative Team ” , Then you wonder why people dispice you .

Cade Peterson's Avatar

Cade Peterson said:

April 17th, 12:53 pm

Please be mindful of your tone, as I have responded and usually do. You know the rule: “Don’t be a jerk.” Respect is a two way street.

erickafollie said:

April 17th, 1:19 pm

you have responded ? to whom ? not to me for sure
and yes Respect is a two way street, but also your customer support should be aware of Home members problems when they occur and not make it seem like “oh well , you probably did something wrong and brush it off like it never happen and even still , you havent giving me an answer or a solution to what happened with 2 of my personal spaces , was it because of your big and great update ?

tyshad92 said:

April 17th, 1:59 pm

i have a suggestion, there should be a mansion clubhouse. Think about it,30 people in a regular clubhouse don’t seem enough, with a mansion clubhouse u could probably 100 ppl. I know its a broad statement but its just an idea i had.

CaptainJames99 said:

April 17th, 3:01 pm

I’m shocked at how bad home still is. All these bugs are inexcusible as is home bing in beta YEARS later with no end in sight. What happend to funimation and erickafollie is inexcuseable and they have every right to be angry about being scammed over virtual items they paid for.

Cade Peterson it is not erickafollie being the jerk its you! The fundamental failure is bad enough but your attitude to customers is reprehensible. Let me spell it out, people who use home, especially those like erickafollie and many others pay your salary with your purchases. If you copped that attitude with a customer at any of the places I’d work or even made purchases you’d be fired on the spot. Cade your lack of profesionalism is abhorrant.

Ra_The_Sun_King said:

April 17th, 7:53 pm

So according to Cade Peterson , he tells ( comment 14 ) and everyone else for that matter , that in order to enter the X7 CLUB he doesnt need any passes, instead he can just become a Plus member or Buy with Real Money one of the Exclusive items, The Diamond Suit for Example,
in other words, spend $ 14.99 Plus tax in some states just so you can go into a club , a virtual fake club.
It makes me wonder, who is looking out for our best interest (Home members) when I read replies like that
not being a jerk , just stating Facts.

Major_XXII said:

April 17th, 9:31 pm

One thing you need to fix is being able to “go to” your friends at the x7 club….wtf?

tyshad92 said:

April 17th, 9:53 pm

Why can’t the x7 club be like the casino? VIP section would be upstairs, but everybody can still get in. i don’t like this VIP only thing. It makes it seem like u have 2 be a big spender on home 2 enjoy the club which is crazy. Yall should change this immediantly.

madhukrishna9999 said:

April 17th, 10:57 pm

Add your comment here

lsutigersfan72 said:

April 17th, 10:57 pm

I’m loving the new rave pants,And they are glow in the dark,Awesome

Major_XXII said:

April 18th, 2:54 am

Agrees with tyshad92, though i have the diamond suit.. not everyone does and\or can afford it, that shouldnt mean their privileges should be limited.

rolo0327 said:

April 19th, 1:41 pm

i have purchased a x7 week pass but i also bought the gold and dimond suit so can i have a refound on my week pass

drock_42 said:

April 19th, 9:48 pm

I love how I’m not considered “VIP” even though I’ve spent 30+ dollars on things OTHER than tacky suits or overpriced personal spaces. Not to mention much more on the PS Store. I guess business is business as usual. :|

salt619 said:

April 20th, 1:48 am

LMAO “Don’t be a jerk”. I would love for a McDonalds cashier to say that to me, oh wait McDonalds cashiers are more professional than that. But then again they know they would be fired on the spot. Specially if more than one customer heard them say it.

Jayson619 said:

April 20th, 5:42 am

I hope for an update that allows self- camera panning!

Pls, when will that come?

Crazyjunkman said:

April 20th, 1:39 pm

umm excuse me Sony but…..COULD YOU PLEASE FIX YOUR DAMN NETWORK ERRORS!!!!! ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!! I JUST GOT LAGGED OUT 8 TIMES IN A ROW DUE TO THIS!!!! HURRY UP AND FIX IT!!!!….thank you for your cooperation ^^

Ra_The_Sun_King said:

April 20th, 2:05 pm

The almighty Playstation network is not working as it should, it never does anyways, but this time is getting absolutly ridiculous, not only im getting network errors but a lot of Home members are getting newtork errors C-931 and D-5021 too.
im using a wired connection and my internet is working Fine so its not my internet nor my service provider nor my speed .
I hope i didnt offend or hurt anyone feelings, not being a ” Jerk ” just commenting on the Errors

Ra_The_Sun_King said:

April 20th, 9:00 pm

its close to Midnite and Home still giving the same Error message, not only that but after 37 tries, i get in , I arrive at my studio , then when i go to any other personal space , as soon as i arrive, it says LOBBY IS FULL , Then takes me back to my studio .

! Network Error
The connection to the server was lost
D5021
x Continue

I never had much expectations from Home but this is the worse, same old crap as always,

Doober009 said:

April 21st, 5:02 am

when are you getting home back up? i miss my home.

zMaRiioO- said:

April 21st, 1:55 pm

COULD U GUYS PLEASE FIX PSN HOME I GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATED CUZ I KEEP GETTIN BOOTED

Doober009 said:

April 21st, 3:52 pm

hmmm im still having network problems after the maintainence.

JUGGALO414 said:

April 22nd, 4:28 pm

home is broken. i can’t get on for more than 30 seconds without getting booted. please don’t say it’s my internet because it’s not. also aurora seems to be broke EVERY night. i think we’re entitled to some freebies for the inconvienience but at least fix these issues and i’ll be happy.

Major_XXII said:

April 22nd, 9:20 pm

Fkin fix home already ffs -.-

Aeryn_James said:

April 23rd, 2:38 am

Dear Sony Home Team,

It seems Home can’t be maintained properly with the employee layoffs being reported.

The lack of basic function has me cautious in investing in my Sony Online experience. This could lead to a prolific cycle of divestment in Sony services within the community, leading to more downsizing. Please focus on the infrastructure & the consumers base you have.

Thanks.

Aeryn_James said:

April 23rd, 2:47 am

Given the personal resources I have placed into my Sony experience, I feel honesty is the only policy. I would be appreciative to find this policy adopted by the content provider. I hope you find my comments relevant & constructive… because your consumers do.

SkyShadowNinja91 said:

April 23rd, 11:27 am

Thank you cade!

whatever3311 said:

May 15th, 2:02 pm

Cade,
Please announce the return on the old pool tables. There are tumble weeds blowing across the new ones.
Thank you!