PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Blogcast 021: Capcom Crossplay

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Apr 19, 2012 // Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

Today’s show is bursting with goodness — we welcome back Seth Killian, Capcom’s Special Combat Advisor, to walk us through the many enhancements of Street Fighter x Tekken for PS Vita (including much-requested PS3 crossplay support). Seth also dishes on the rest of Capcom‘s 2012 and 2013 lineup, including Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 6, and Lost Planet 3.

We also welcome special guest and PlayStation.Blog correspondent Andy Burt, who talks about his experiences at Namco Bandai‘s recent Gamer’s Day — and that means a heaping helping of new Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch details.

Today’s show is heavy on game talk, with rowdy discussions centering on Resistance: Burning Skies multiplayer, Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection, Dragon’s Dogma, DUST 514 and more. Listen up and let us know what you think!

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanJeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

+ solace357 on April 19th, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

Thanks for the podcast each week guys! appreciated.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

Thanks for listening each week!

+ Airwalkinman17 on April 19th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

Yay!
    Another blogcast!!!
    My favorite by far. Thanks guys :D

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

Many thank yous, Airwalkinman

+ gerneric123 on April 19th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Did you guys ask why Capcom’s Vita support is just 2 late fighting game ports no one wants when their 3DS support has been 1 crazy Japan-only game, 1 mainline Resident Evil, 1 spinoff Resident Evil, a late fighting game port, MegaMan Legends 3 (RIP), Monster Hunter Tri G, and Monster Hunter 4?

+ DarkOne_PR on April 19th, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

Guys SOUL SACRIFICE was just announced! Is it true that is a Demons Souls Sequel for the Vita???!!! PLS LET IT BE IT!!!! OMG OMG OMG! If its not…. then tell sony to put from software to work on it!

+ SWITCH_00599 on April 19th, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

You Guys are Awesome + I love that you know what your talking about, great Podcast!! love it keep it up guys :D

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

I can assure you that nobody knows what they’re talking about.

+ DarkOne_PR on April 19th, 2012 at 6:34 pm said:

BTW im supper happy u covered ni no kuni but hell …im still sad that its so far away…

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 19th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

You and me both. Want it NAO

+ MR_Hessla on April 19th, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

I was hoping for a conversation related to God of war: ascention, but still great episode!! Keep up the good work.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on April 19th, 2012 at 7:54 pm said:

Awesome but isn’t BF3 already on the PS Store or is that just EU? Any word on the Size?

+ NITROWOLF_2 on April 19th, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

Also IDK if you guys know this or it’s suppose to be, but the main article loops to the itunes when accessing from the front page

+ vanwinkle on April 19th, 2012 at 8:32 pm said:

Next week’s Vita update is very disconcerting, lol.

+ GangstaTroy on April 19th, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

How does the aiming feel on resistance? I felt that Uncharted Ga was sluggish when aiming. Hows the hit detection in team death match? does it take a ton of bullets or just a few to down a foe. Does the frame rate stay stable if everyone in middle of a map clipping each other? And im wondering if you guys heard anything about a release date for Retro city rampage besides it coming in may some time.

+ randyhamon on April 19th, 2012 at 9:51 pm said:

If you had to choose between Ultimate Marvel and Tekken on the PS Vita, which would you rather play? I am on a tight budget!

+ DeadKillersRevng on April 19th, 2012 at 10:24 pm said:

Fix the “Top story” link. It redirects you ton itunes instead of here. Yesterday happened the same with another article…

+ poisonedsodapop on April 19th, 2012 at 11:27 pm said:

Someone actually hasn’t played MGS3? Easily the best in the series, only tied with MGS1. Better than MGS4 by leaps and strides.

+ Stickypower209 on April 20th, 2012 at 12:33 am said:

@GangstaTroy I had attended the Resistance Burning Skies meet up in San Francisco the other day, and I must say, Resistance felt pretty nice for a FPS on a handheld. It takes a bit of practice to get used to the aiming.

Double tapping the back didn’t feel right to sprint, but they had the option to use the down button the the D-pad.
    One thing I didn’t like was how you throw grenades. You had to touch the grenade icon on the screen, and drag it to the area you wanted to throw it. It didn’t feel right. I wasn’t sure if there was an option to throw grenades a different way.

Game was fun though, and I’m glad I had attended the event. I won a copy of the game and might get it before launch. I’m excited to play it.

I even got to try out the Mortal Kombat demo they had on one of the vitas. It ran smoothly.

+ DeathGazer on April 20th, 2012 at 7:52 am said:

Didn’t Telltale say The Walking Dead game was coming this month? Guess it isn’t. Too bad because there is plenty of other stuff I plan on buying next month.

+ GangstaTroy on April 20th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Thats good to hear sticky I been interested in MK as well.

+ tusunami on April 20th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

This is my 1st time listening to a Blogcast & i must say that i am impressed.Very informative & inspirational as well.

+ Boxster17 on April 20th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

More to do with the website, but what’s the chance increasing the width of these background images? Browsing the site on a 1080p or higher monitor/TV drives my OCDness crazy every time I come here :(

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on April 20th, 2012 at 11:57 pm said:

So Jeff, what happened the addition PSP games that were supposed to be added to the Vita? As you said in bold on February 9th, “more PSP titles will be made available for PS Vita play in the coming weeks.” Well, we’re well past the “coming weeks” point and into months now. It’s annoying to know that a lot of PSP games simply can’t be moved, not because the PSV’s emulator can’t play them as we know they can because other regions have access to them or some could be moved through the PS3 but because they’re not seen by the PITA that is Content Manager they’re unusable. Take for example Ys I&II which could be moved from PS3 to Vita if you bought it before the game’s price update, after that the store ID apparently changed you’re out of luck..

I know you’re just a PR guy and have no control over what actually happens but an update would be nice.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on April 21st, 2012 at 1:30 am said:

Yeah I want to know a release date for The Walking Dead game as well. Tell Tale Games is awesome. That will sell well.

+ CrimsonBloop on April 24th, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

I noticed you guys spoke a bit about “the gamification of fitness.” while I’m sure the Nike bracelet is neat and all…why not check out the real deal for free? Go to fitocracy.com and try it out. It’s no longer in beta and totally free to be a member. It treats fitness like an RPG. You upload your workouts and gets points, complete achievements, explore new workouts via “quests”, compete in challenges, and all supported with a wicked cool community. Great social networking aspect as well.