PS4-Infamous

The PlayStation Recap – Ascension Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Apr 21, 2012 // Social Media Manager

This week was notable for two big reasons: Firstly, I had the pleasure of meeting some of you during our Resistance: Burning Skies multiplayer tournament in San Francisco. Secondly, God of War: Ascension made its public debut with a debut trailer and more details to come during our April 30th livestream event. We’ll also be posing your questions to the development team during the livestream, so Tweet your God of War: Ascension questions to @PlayStation on Twitter for consideration (and include #godofwarascension in your Tweet so we can find it!).

In other news this week, NIS America stopped by with an update on PS3 exclusive RPG Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland, One of Swords interviewed Infinity Ward Executive Producer Mark Rubin to learn about Modern Warfare’s massive new DLC pack, Sega talked collaborative play for Sonic 4 Episode II, the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time team announced a contest to digitize user-created treasures for inclusion in the final game, Q-Games revealed a May 15th release for interactive music game PixelJunk 4am (and word of an upcoming beta), Nissan and Sony Computer Entertainment confirmed first details on the second season of GT Academy, the creator of psychedelic PSN title Dyad revealed the game’s 52 leaderboards, Namoco Bandai shared a video and details for PS3 exclusive One Piece: Pirate Warriors, and I shared my hands-on experiences with Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita.

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

Most-Watched Video of the Week: God of War: Ascension Announce Trailer

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

• God of War: Ascension is Coming to PS3 – No surprises here. Watch the full HD trailer here, with a special introduction from Game Director Todd Papy.
  • PlayStation Store Update – The House of the Dead 4 and new full games for PS3, plus StarDrone Extreme, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, and new free apps for PS Vita.
  • Paint Park, Treasure Park and Wake Up Club Coming to PS Vita for Free – The latest details on the next batch of free PS Vita apps, including the world’s most unusual alarm clock.
  • Dragon’s Crown Update: Atlus Assumes Publishing Duties for PS Vita, PS3 – This beautiful side-scrolling action-RPG gets a new publisher in the US and Japan.
  • Twisted Metal Update: Axel Available to All Tomorrow, Starhawk Sweet Tooth Skin – The perfect time to give multiplayer another crack. Protip: Jump over obstacles by pressing R1 and L1 at the same time!
  • Sack it to Me: A New Update And A Lot Of Yays – LittleBigPlanet gets a new software update and Media Molecules shares a new batch favorite user levels.
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch Hands-on Impressions – Learn how this gorgeous PS3-exclusive RPG fuses the expertise of Level-5 and Studio Ghibli.
  • Star Trek Teleports to PS3 With Co-op and 3D – First details on this co-op third-person shooter that will bridge the story between 2009′s Star Trek film and the upcoming sequel.
  • Namco Bandai Gamers Day 2012: Tekken Tag 2, Ni No Kuni, and More – In a glance, learn what’s next for Namco Bandai games in 2012 and 2013.
  • Hands-On: Sound Shapes Brings the deadmau5 – Watch five unedited minutes from this upcoming PS Vita musical sidescroller in this exclusive hands-on video.
  • //Add Your Own

+ Richlando on April 21st, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

I’m playing: Mass Effect 3 (Even still after Platinum, I love this game) RDR (Triple XP) Dungeon Hunter Alliance

I’m watching: Random Netflix/Hulu stuffs, Game Of Thrones S1

I’m reading: Good Omens (Again, 7th time) and Behold A Pale Horse

I’m listening to: FFXIV Soundtrack plus bonus string pieces (SE Press :wub)

I’m hopeful: Everyone in PSN land is having a great weekend.

I’m searching: High and low for Bandai Hometek ppls…they extinct?

+ Richlando on April 21st, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

Lovely, I submitted a lenghty type and it disappeared, bummer, not redoing that… O.o

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 22nd, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

+ Vinland_Krauser on April 21st, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

I hope we can get a glimpse of raw gameplay footage. Waiting until April 30th just for another teaser is torture.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 22nd, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

I’m not sure what will be shown, but I’m positive that it’ll be more substantial than a teaser — we’ll be posing reader questions to the developer, so you’ll definitely be getting some answers! :) You can ask a question via Twitter by Tweeting @PlayStation and including #godofwarascension

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on April 21st, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

Totally excited about Starhawk. Changed my mind and had to get it after seeing somethings here. I’m surprised Star Trek even made that list. Is Dragon’s Crown coming out this year or next?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 22nd, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

2013 for Dragon’s Crown, says Atlus!

+ Dragun619 on April 21st, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

Man, PSBlog had a very good of week gaming news. Hearing about few titles we haven’t heard in a while, getting conformations on few titles coming to NA, and an announcement for new God of War game for PS3. Nice.
    So I’m guessing you guys will have more announcements at E3 this year if you announced God of War: Ascension this early. And if you can, can you hint if Thursday’s GTTV PS3 Game reveal is an unannounced title or just God of War:Ascension gameplay. Not to be disappointed but I’m guessing God of War: Ascension gameplay.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 22nd, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

I can’t scoop GTTV — you’ll just have to tune in to find out!

+ Butters360 on April 21st, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

Amazing week of news! Loved the trailer for God of War: Ascension. April 30th is gonna rock. Exciting times for PlayStation, especially with the other PS3 exclusive announcement next week ;)

I’m Playing: UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss, and Virtua Tennis 4.

I’m Watching: NIKITA season two episode 19: “Wrath.”

I’m Reading: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time cover story in PlayStation: The Official Magazine.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 021: Capcom Crossplay.

+ mpb93 on April 21st, 2012 at 6:27 pm said:

any news on remote play

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 22nd, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

No updates to share for now, we’ll keep you posted

+ Stormshadowrule on April 21st, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

one question if you have playstation plus does it renew on its own because i woke up and i got an email saying it renewed it for 17.99 @ 7:01am i was asleep that time

+ JH-FallenReaper on April 21st, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

KILLZONE the best FPS this generation in my opinion!
    Im playing- Killzone 3,Socom 4, and some Resistance 3.
    watching- Bjork music videos
    Great week.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 22nd, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Yep, the more I play KZ3′s multiplayer, the more impressed I am. Good stuff!

+ KRONOS– on April 22nd, 2012 at 2:49 am said:

Thank you for the recap as always. Great week once again. Can’t wait for Ascension!!!

Currently Playing for the first time: Mass Effect 2, and I’m addicted! Just purchased ME3 :)
    Also playing Motorstorm Apocalypse/RC and Skyrim, and more KZ3/MW3 online.

Currently watching: Game of Thrones Season One. Finished episode 2, awesome show so far!

+ mpb93 on April 22nd, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

Is it ture that there will be no remote play for killzone 3 it was just a tech demo

+ Dying2Win on April 23rd, 2012 at 3:22 am said:

Try your chance with Dying2Win:
    Up for grabs: 1 PS VITA and many PS3 GAMES!!
    —> dying2win.playstation.com.tr.vu <—

+ JLucier on April 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Was very excited for God of War IV but I suppose a story of his service while under Ares’ rule could be badass as well.