Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 24

Plus May 2012

PlayStation Plus May Preview: Free Awesomenauts, Trine 2, Rock of Ages, PixelJunk 4am Beta

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 24, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus returns with another month of fantastic free games and awesome exclusives that have subscribers around the world believing in Plus. Kicking things off in May is new release Awesomenauts, FREE for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Watch the trailer below!

This colorfully action packed 2D online multiplayer battler with split-screen gameplay is releasing on May 1st. You’ll storm the game’s online battlegrounds and unlock loads of new abilities and characters for your arsenal. For more details on Awesomenauts come back to the blog a little later today — developer Ronimo will have more details on the game and will stick around to respond to your comments and questions.

Trine 2: PlayStation Plus

PSN hit Trine 2 joins the free games selection in May, boasting widespread critical acclaim and a dazzling fantasy world. Don’t miss out on one of the prettiest titles in gaming — grab Trine 2 for free on Plus this month. Not enough for you? How about getting Rock of Ages for free when it releases on PSN? The acclaimed mix of tower-defense strategy and rolling ball physics (trust us, it’s fun will keep you in stitches with the game’s quirky humor and ultra-addictive gameplay modes.

Rock of Ages: PlayStation Plus

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: PlayStation Plus

May also brings the free release of PS one Classic Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania Chronicles. For many of you, Castlevania: SotN needs no introduction. If you’ve never had a chance to experience what many fans consider to be the definitive Castlevania game, you now have no excuse. Castlevania Chronicles, on the other hand, is based on the original Castlevania but is no less engaging than SotN, especially given its blistering challenge. Gamers who are looking for a classic challenge need look no further!

Saints Row The Third will be available on 5/8 as a PS3 Full Game download. If you missed out on this insane open-world epic last fall, you may want to jump on it as it will have a 20% discount when it releases.

PlayStation Plus April 2012

If you’ve had your eye on PixelJunk 4am, you’ll be happy to hear that Plus subscribers get exclusive access to the game’s beta! All PlayStation Plus subscribers will get access to the online viewer where you can watch performances built in this musical PlayStation Move experience that immerses you in the creative flow of making music. Select Plus subscribers will also get access to the performance beta, so watch your PSN messages to see if you’re selected.

There’s a ton more coming this month that isn’t yet on the list below, including free minis like Velocity and Floating Cloud God, exclusive discounts coming towards the end of the month and more. If you’re not yet a Plus subscriber, you can snag your subscription by clicking here or purchasing it on PlayStation Store.

Remember, some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Exclusives: Early Access:
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22
Free Avatars and Themes:
Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22
Discounts: PSN Games:
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

bring some real tough titles, enough with these rabish….

+ aprad on May 2nd, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

Jeez Sony, keep this up and I will never cancel this subscription. Best gaming investment I have ever made!

+ darian2201 on May 7th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

+ Sethros on May 7th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

Has there been a confirmation as to whether or not the discount for Rayman Origins applies to the Vita version?

+ nickpeck36 on May 8th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

Just made my way back to the PS3 recently and decided to give PS+ out and I have to say, I’m very impressed. I love the deals you guys have! Keep up the good work.

+ bruinsra1 on May 8th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

i love my ps plus it was my best investment yet. I just hope ps3 uploads some of the cooler ps2 games so i can stop buying them for xbox….. I just want super monkey ball on my ps3… and tokyo extreme

+ nick00331 on May 9th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

if i join ps+ like tommorow will this be availeble for me or ? i dont know how ps+ works but the games are always SOOO good … and do you actually get the games or are they just longer trails ?

+ crazyjoe3-17 on May 13th, 2012 at 6:51 am said:

How come by being a psn plus member we cant get any of these minis or psps games free for the vita?

+ Kaest_Aguirre on May 15th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

Rayman Origins will be available to US Stores? I mean to the US Playstation Store this may 15th? I’m asking cuz i can’t find it

+ TheJuggla17 on May 15th, 2012 at 9:07 pm said:

What the hell it still says Rayman is releasing on the 15th! Get your act together Sony.

+ leandrofarias on May 21st, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

When Rayman Origins will be available on Playstation Store ?

+ Sweetblu on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

What the heck is up with this????

I am really only excited by the Rayman Origins for $15!!! And it hasn’t been there…

Does anyone know when this will be released??? It was May 15th and then they said (not sure who said it) May 21… But her eit si the 23rd and still nowhere to be found :(

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 24th, 2012 at 2:15 am said:

what the next free games ganna be ??????????????????
dead nation plzzzzzzzzzzzzz and some real stuff plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, not like this month the games for kids :'(

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 24th, 2012 at 2:21 am said:

someone answer me above, and what the facts u use to pick up the free monthly games por ps+ ??????????
can someone answer me ????

+ saab01 on April 24th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Looking good this month. I am getting so much free games it looks like I will have to upgrade my hard drive soon.
Is there any news on the latest article about saying Playstation Plus was going to be expanded? I still think we need to upgrade the cloud saves 512 MB would be perfect.

+ Dogtype on April 24th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

I really think you should consider making Rayman interchangeable between PS3 and Vita. I would like to have the Vita version on sale, but it would be a huge bonus to be able to use the same purchase on both systems. This is what the Vita commercials tout, and it should be so.

+ Kchow23 on April 24th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Will there be any new content since Qore is gone? Moreover, what are the benefits for PS Vita users? PS+ needs a bit of a 2.0 upgrade.

+ John-Shooter on April 24th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

almost had my hopes up on the rock of ages title till i saw the cover.. totally not what i was expecting.. what a cheap idea for that name of a game..

+ Monterossa on April 24th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Will SSFIV Arcade Edition becomes PSN downloadable?

+ malaria007 on April 24th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

what? May is the month of my birthday and I surprised expecting something good, I do not like this update are games for children, when we will offer something interesting to veteran players?

greetings from México

+ MushThePainter on April 24th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Just looked at the trine 2 trophy list.. looks like a very easy platinum.. and it will be mine!

+ Criscross87v3 on April 24th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Already have both Castlevania games,but glad even more people can experience SoTN. There is so many great deals and offers associated with Playstation Plus. Not sure how anyone complains for it’s pricing structure. However, if I had only 2 requests, is that there were more discounts. I’m talking about 1 across each platform per month i.e. one for ps1, psp, vita, video, ps3, etc. as for request #2, I think subscribers should allowed to buy the games get for free from Plus. In fact, there has been many times I have read for the occasion that PS Plus offered day 1 discounts people were gonna buy it anyways, so why offer the choice to get the game free or at a nice discount. In the case that PS Plus ends, I’m sure no one wants to have to sift through hundreds of games that can’t play unless they buy. So why not offer the ability to buy now?

Thank you to anyone at Sony who reads these requests and keep up the good work

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 24th, 2012 at 11:41 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback

+ snakeman07 on April 24th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

YES! Man, I love +. Trine 2, glad I waited on that one!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on April 24th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

Yes for trine 2! ^_^ Looking awesome!!

I already bought Castlevania though… But it’s SOO GOOD! lol. I alreayd finished it 3 times on the PS3. Once with the main story (something like 199.7% of something, it’s impossible to have 200% on the PS version sadly), once with the LUCKY name (I have like 5 crissaegrim), once with AXEARMOR, and I still need to finish it with RICHTER, I’m about half the game done with this one. I’m just sad that they don’t make a remake of the SEGA CD version of this game, with HD textures (still 2d and everthing, just HD the textures). On the SEGA CD version you can have 200% and you have on more character to play with! ^_^

+ joey_joey_joey8 on April 24th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

ireakly want rayman forvita. toomany gamesformy ps3 wish i canplay some on my vita

+ BLUE-EYED-SLICKT on April 24th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Hey morgan can you tell me if I buy battlefield 3 on psn can my kids and I play online when I put the game on both our ps3’s in private matches online? Does that work cause I only have the single disc and never tryed to see if that would work. We want to be able to set a private match online and play each other without others messing our game up and taking our time learning maps and having fun. Do you know or anyone in the blog post know? Thanks you!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 24th, 2012 at 11:43 pm said:

Not 100% sure, but theoretically, as long as you’re both using separated accounts, and BF3 supports private online matches (never jumped too much into BF3 on my end), then that should be possible.

+ Matthijsjuh on April 24th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

So… does that mean Castlevania SotN will appear on PSN Europe anytime soon? (I’d happily pay for it, that’s not the point. I just want to play it!)

+ tusunami on April 24th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

And they don’t see why Ps Plus is worth it really really really.

+ rightontargt4 on April 24th, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

Wow, great selection this coming month. A bunch of stuff I’ve been meaning to pick up but had other priorities. Thanks for the great free games! I’ll be downloading all 5 freebies and likely picking up Datura as well.

This is great, guys. Totally changed my outlook from this past month’s selection.

+ StackedPancakes on April 24th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Rayman: Origins on 5/15 ! and my Ps Plus expires 2 days after that = ( but thank you so much for finally putting a digital release. cannot wait for that update.

+ Inuboykendo1000 on April 24th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

I am so excited for these new full PS3 games to come out. I actually prefer digital distribution over buying a game at retail (unless on Wii).

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 24th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

Man, this is going to be a good month. Sucks that I bought Trine and Trine 2 together when the second released, so I miss getting that for free, but everything else is pretty nice.

+ zzamaro on April 24th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Now that Trine 2 will be free for +, you should offer Trine 1 at a discounted price for those haven’t played it. Myself included :)

+ devilmosh on April 24th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

Classic Castlevania for my birthday – how awesome is that? Thank you! Everything else looks awesome, as well. May is going to rock!

+ eggmiester28 on April 24th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

i was very pissed at atlus for how long it was taking them to release Rock of Ages on psn but since i am a plus member and will be getting it for free i guess i have no reason to be pissed at them

+ MrBeatdown on April 24th, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

I’ve mentioned it before, but I figure it wouldn’t hurt to ask again…

I’d really like to see more add-on content for disc-based games offered. I remember the Warhawk map packs were offered in the very first month of PS+, and we’ve gotten a Killzone 3 pack, and the Uncharted 2 DLC, but outside of that I can’t think of anything else.

I generally don’t play PSN games. Most months, I don’t even touch the bulk of the content. Adding things like a map pack each month, either for a newer or older game would be a nice addition I think. It would give people like me who aren’t very interested in PSN games a little more to choose from.

Even older content would be nice… MotorStorm: Pacific Rift track packs, Killzone 2 and 3 map packs, Fallout add-ons, Uncharted 3 skins, Mass Effect 2’s Arrival, or Need For Speed car packs, for example. It would be nice to get things like that once in a while, especially since things like these rarely go on sale.

+ Lopan on April 24th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Wow this is great news. I knew holding off on buying games will pay off. I never played Trine 1 though, maybe we can get that for free too?

+ T40Rs731N on April 24th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Trine 2, Castlevania AND Rock of Ages!?!! Wha- wha- WHAAAT? Are you effing kidding me? Fanfriekintastic!

Thanks for brilliant MAY!!

+ IM_RICK_GRIMES on April 24th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

how many GB`s is ghost recon future soldier when it hits psn? also does it come with pre order bonuses like the retail version

+ Mattotastic on April 24th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

Excited for Trine 2! Bought and beat Trine 1 a while back. Great game with some amazing visuals.

Awesomenauts looks awesome aswell! Online battle arena side scroller? Hell yes. I enjoyed their other game Swords & Sandals so I’ll hopefully enjoy this one as well.

Not a big tower defense fan but I’ll try out Rock of Ages.

Thanks Sony. PS+ member since last September and I haven’t been more impressed with a service like this that offers this much content.. and for free! And the discounts are great aswell!

The month of May is gonna be such a steal.

+ Mattotastic on April 24th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

@98: If you’re thinking about buying Ghost Recon when it comes out then just buy the physical copy. The digital copies of FPS games always seem to have issues.

+ IzoGray on April 24th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Please answer these questions, it would be appreciated forever.

-Can you please tell us if the DMC collection will be coming to the PS store, and around when? I really don’t want to buy all three titles because, in my opinion, they’re not all worth playing.

-Why are the Kingdom Hearts series being neglected on the PSN. These are great exclusives for Sony and from what I read around the web, the hold up is coming from Sony’s side. I don’t think Square Enix would hold back more games because as other people have pointed out, they don’t have a problem releasing titles. Is this silence pointing towards an HD collection or is there some smaller inane reason they’re not on the store yet?

+ LarryFabulous on April 24th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

Didn’t April’s Plus Preview say that Disney Universe would release at a discount on April 24? How do so many mistakes make it through on these posts? Also, your graphic says Rock of Ages on May 1 while the text below says May 15 and Saints Row in the graphic is May 15 while the text says May 8. What’s actually going on? Can you please straighten these things out?

+ Rick1220 on April 24th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

Hopefully that Rayman price is for the Vita version!! I would buy that in a second!!

+ KnifingGrimace on April 24th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Castlevania!! I’ve bought Symphony of the Night a billion times, but still don’t have a digital copy on PS3. I’ll more than welcome it on May first. I’ve still yet to play Chronicles, though I love the original Castlevania and play it often. Still looking forward to hearing about any new Igarashi-based Castlevanias from Konami. I’d pay good money for a PS3 port of the GBA and DS Castlevania titles. Until then, these games and Harmony of Despair will hold me over.

I’ll also have to give Trine a try. Looks neat, judging by at artwork alone.

+ NotoriousGamer on April 24th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

Pretty good Plus offering! It would have been proper to include add-ons as well. There has been no add-ons for months for Plus free.

+ soldiercell on April 24th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

I’m baffled that Starhawk will not be on PSN! Warhawk was on day one! Why not?

+ TdawgX on April 24th, 2012 at 8:20 pm said:

wow, this is a decent update, love those ps1 classics, just wish i could PLAY THEM ON MY VITA LIKE ADVERTISED “SOON” BY SONY. Like seriously, when are you guys donig the ps1 update so i can actually start downloading my store purchases and playing them on my vita. I mean come on, i traded in my psp and games with the udnerstanding that you guys were releasing the update for hte vita within reason of its release date.

How aobut a real update, i mean at this rate, the hackers will have it on there before you guys!

+ ShariusTC on April 24th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

wow, trine 2 for free, sweet

and about rayman discount, which system will get this discount, ps3 or psv, i got both and really want to buy this on my psv :))

+ KRONOS-- on April 24th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

I’ve been a PS+ member from day one (on my other account) and I freakin love it. May is going to be another great month. Thank you Sony!

PAGE 1 2 3