Uncharted 4

PlayStation Plus May Preview: Free Awesomenauts, Trine 2, Rock of Ages, PixelJunk 4am Beta

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 24, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus returns with another month of fantastic free games and awesome exclusives that have subscribers around the world believing in Plus. Kicking things off in May is new release Awesomenauts, FREE for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Watch the trailer below!

This colorfully action packed 2D online multiplayer battler with split-screen gameplay is releasing on May 1st. You’ll storm the game’s online battlegrounds and unlock loads of new abilities and characters for your arsenal. For more details on Awesomenauts come back to the blog a little later today — developer Ronimo will have more details on the game and will stick around to respond to your comments and questions.

Trine 2: PlayStation Plus

PSN hit Trine 2 joins the free games selection in May, boasting widespread critical acclaim and a dazzling fantasy world. Don’t miss out on one of the prettiest titles in gaming — grab Trine 2 for free on Plus this month. Not enough for you? How about getting Rock of Ages for free when it releases on PSN? The acclaimed mix of tower-defense strategy and rolling ball physics (trust us, it’s fun will keep you in stitches with the game’s quirky humor and ultra-addictive gameplay modes.

Rock of Ages: PlayStation Plus

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: PlayStation Plus

May also brings the free release of PS one Classic Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania Chronicles. For many of you, Castlevania: SotN needs no introduction. If you’ve never had a chance to experience what many fans consider to be the definitive Castlevania game, you now have no excuse. Castlevania Chronicles, on the other hand, is based on the original Castlevania but is no less engaging than SotN, especially given its blistering challenge. Gamers who are looking for a classic challenge need look no further!

Saints Row The Third will be available on 5/8 as a PS3 Full Game download. If you missed out on this insane open-world epic last fall, you may want to jump on it as it will have a 20% discount when it releases.

PlayStation Plus April 2012

If you’ve had your eye on PixelJunk 4am, you’ll be happy to hear that Plus subscribers get exclusive access to the game’s beta! All PlayStation Plus subscribers will get access to the online viewer where you can watch performances built in this musical PlayStation Move experience that immerses you in the creative flow of making music. Select Plus subscribers will also get access to the performance beta, so watch your PSN messages to see if you’re selected.

There’s a ton more coming this month that isn’t yet on the list below, including free minis like Velocity and Floating Cloud God, exclusive discounts coming towards the end of the month and more. If you’re not yet a Plus subscriber, you can snag your subscription by clicking here or purchasing it on PlayStation Store.

Remember, some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Exclusives: Early Access:
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22
Free Avatars and Themes:
Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22
Discounts: PSN Games:
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

PAGE 1 2 3

+ IzoGray on April 24th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Please answer these questions, it would be appreciated forever.

-Can you please tell us if the DMC collection will be coming to the PS store, and around when? I really don’t want to buy all three titles because, in my opinion, they’re not all worth playing.

-Why are the Kingdom Hearts series being neglected on the PSN. These are great exclusives for Sony and from what I read around the web, the hold up is coming from Sony’s side. I don’t think Square Enix would hold back more games because as other people have pointed out, they don’t have a problem releasing titles. Is this silence pointing towards an HD collection or is there some smaller inane reason they’re not on the store yet?

+ LarryFabulous on April 24th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

Didn’t April’s Plus Preview say that Disney Universe would release at a discount on April 24? How do so many mistakes make it through on these posts? Also, your graphic says Rock of Ages on May 1 while the text below says May 15 and Saints Row in the graphic is May 15 while the text says May 8. What’s actually going on? Can you please straighten these things out?

+ Rick1220 on April 24th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

Hopefully that Rayman price is for the Vita version!! I would buy that in a second!!

+ KnifingGrimace on April 24th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Castlevania!! I’ve bought Symphony of the Night a billion times, but still don’t have a digital copy on PS3. I’ll more than welcome it on May first. I’ve still yet to play Chronicles, though I love the original Castlevania and play it often. Still looking forward to hearing about any new Igarashi-based Castlevanias from Konami. I’d pay good money for a PS3 port of the GBA and DS Castlevania titles. Until then, these games and Harmony of Despair will hold me over.

I’ll also have to give Trine a try. Looks neat, judging by at artwork alone.

+ NotoriousGamer on April 24th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

Pretty good Plus offering! It would have been proper to include add-ons as well. There has been no add-ons for months for Plus free.

+ soldiercell on April 24th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

I’m baffled that Starhawk will not be on PSN! Warhawk was on day one! Why not?

+ TdawgX on April 24th, 2012 at 8:20 pm said:

wow, this is a decent update, love those ps1 classics, just wish i could PLAY THEM ON MY VITA LIKE ADVERTISED “SOON” BY SONY. Like seriously, when are you guys donig the ps1 update so i can actually start downloading my store purchases and playing them on my vita. I mean come on, i traded in my psp and games with the udnerstanding that you guys were releasing the update for hte vita within reason of its release date.

How aobut a real update, i mean at this rate, the hackers will have it on there before you guys!

+ ShariusTC on April 24th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

wow, trine 2 for free, sweet

and about rayman discount, which system will get this discount, ps3 or psv, i got both and really want to buy this on my psv :))

+ KRONOS– on April 24th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

I’ve been a PS+ member from day one (on my other account) and I freakin love it. May is going to be another great month. Thank you Sony!

+ JayBizzle311 on April 25th, 2012 at 12:01 am said:

I still have my original copy of Castlevania: SOTN and I have it on Xbox Live… but, I’m still going to scoop it up and probably even Castlevania Chronicles because I don’t think I have played it.

I mean might as well download Trine 2 and Rock of Ages… that’s why we paid for PS+… all this content is awesome… like every month gets better it seems… whether it’s on the digital side with PSN or whether it’s on the retail side with an blockbuster exclusive….

Can’t Wait… School couldn’t be ending at a better time!

+ Ivesy2000 on April 25th, 2012 at 12:02 am said:

What!?! Where are the full PS3 games?

+ Gephyon501 on April 25th, 2012 at 1:11 am said:

I like it

+ Oisterboy on April 25th, 2012 at 5:19 am said:

That awesomenauts game does look pretty awesome…I just hope its not too difficult. It looks like it can be pretty tough to play through with all that action going on. I enjoy a challenge, but a lot of games I’ve seen like that one are just completely unreasonable haha. It won’t stop me from trying though, thats for sure.

I don’t have the other two games either, pretty excited!

I just wish the Rayman Origins discount was for Vita too. That’d make this month perfect. I’m glad I got another 3 months for my birthday! :]

+ mojogaming on April 25th, 2012 at 5:45 am said:

Hey Morgan. Few quick questions.

1. Any word on Tomba coming to the U.S? Japan has had it now for about 6 months with no word on U.S. getting it.

2. Any chance we can up the amount of space we receive for game storage. As someone with over 100 Physical games and a lot more digital, 150 megs is tough. This would be a great way to celebrate 2 years by upping the amount of space or finding a way to compress the saves so they take up less space when backed up.

3. On the online saves, is there a easy way for us to turn on and off the ones we want to backup online each night. Maybe press triangle and have the option to toggle online backup save on and off.

4. Thank you for the great work and as a PS+ subscriber since day 1 I would never give up my subscription. On to E3 :)

+ TopShelfCheese on April 25th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Love PS+ and glad I didnt pick-up Trine 2 right away now…However I have a question for you Morgan if you get a chance.

Is there any talk about making the downloads section easier to work with. Right now its just a long list of everything I have ever downloaded without a way to filter by demos or games etc. It would make it a million times more user friendly to be able to filter it and even delete stuff I know I will never download again like the old Qore episodes.

Anyway, keep up the great work, I’m now a one system man and its because PlayStation gives me all the entertainment I need…

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 26th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

No news on this that I know of, but I’ll make a note of it.

+ dislexiq on April 25th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

awesome! now let me play these ps1 classics on my vita….please?

+ comatosevessel on April 25th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Awwwwwesome!!! I’ve always wanted to play the PSOne Classic CSoTN and now I can! Sweeeet, nice month Plus!

+ PlatinumGuns on April 25th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Signed up for Plus yesterday to get in on May’s promotions. Just add some Vita stuff and Plus will be perfect.

+ AizawaYuuichi on April 25th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

@zzamaro: Um, they already discounted Trine 1 back when Trine 2 came out. I picked it up for $5. Don’t know if it’s still that cheap, but I also don’t think they’ll be discounting it much passed that. That was 66% off.

@IzoGray: I just saw someone saying on another post here on the blog that the reason KH:Birth by Sleep isn’t on the PS Store is due to issues between SE and Disney. If this is true, that would be the same reason that KH1-2 aren’t on the store. Don’t believe everything you “read around the web”. It’s usually made up.

+ GeoDarky on April 25th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

Thank you Sony you the best.
can we please have Okabu featured on PS+ ?

+ TerraAshura on April 25th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

Lost access to my copy of SOTN, so this right here is AWESOME. PSN+ rocks once again. Thanks SONY for the kickass games and offers as always!

+ chickenbone2004 on April 25th, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

now i want ps+ how much is it again

+ antwain27 on April 25th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Keep it coming, Sony.

+ CatherineVS on April 25th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

IAM SO GETTING THE ROCK OF AGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

+ Samanosuke_JJ on April 26th, 2012 at 3:59 am said:

Wow Playstation, you guys are really stepping up on the PS+ Value. But where is our PS3 game of the month? I was really hoping Catherine would be FREE, because there are pretty awesome people over at ATLUS U.S who want everyone to check out the latest work from the Persona team. But I have no complaints here this month, I literally wow’ed at the FREE games this month. I’m glad PS+ are finally getting more benefits in both HOME and on the PS Store. However I do have one request…

Where are the Persona 3 and Persona 4 Avatars? Persona is like one of the biggest exclusives on Playstation, I need to have my dose of Persona avatars.

+ GameMSTR9000 on April 26th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

What can we expect from Datura? Also, how much will it cost?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on April 26th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

Datura will be $7.99 for Plus subscribers.

+ GameMSTR9000 on April 26th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

@chickenbone2004 It’s $17.99 for 3 months or $50 for 1 year.

+ Pootin182 on April 27th, 2012 at 6:30 pm said:

I’ve been pretty satisfied with my PS plus subscription. The only complaint that I have is being forced to add trophy information for full game trials. I still have that 0% for free realms that reminds me of that everyday. It’s too bad, it seems like an easy fix. Even being able to delete 0% games from your trophy list. With that being said, I am probably missing out on some great trials, but at the same time, my OCD is preventing me from taking a chance on certain PSN titles.

+ Welmosca on April 27th, 2012 at 10:57 pm said:

OMG u got be kidding…Trine 2 and Rock of Ages for FREE?…PSPlus and Sony I love you so much…1st Shank 2 now this…all I can say is thank you so much and keep it up.

+ chaosangel0 on April 28th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

So the “Legend of Dragoon” is being released on the 1st as well, is there any kind of discount for plus members for that?

and is there anywhere where we can see what is going to be added to the store on every tuseday aside from waiting for the store to update? I love being able to see what new updates are for plus, just woundering if there is something like this for the rest of the store.

+ lilyandridaddy on April 29th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Waiting for Vita to have ps plus support then i will get one.

+ Rathclav on April 29th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

The release of Awesomenauts could be in jeopardy The game’s publisher dtp entertainment has been forced into Insolvency (think of it as bankruptcy) earlier today and might just have to liquidate all of its assets, which puts the future of the anticipated downloadable title in jeopardy.

Is this news story correct? Are psplus members going to be given something instead ifthis does end up happening or is this a total rumour?

+ thereck24 on April 30th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

PlayStation Plus is the best. XBox aint got nothin on us :D

+ MR-TROOPER on April 30th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

I plan on getting SR3 but I was wondering if the online pass would be included with the purchase. Hopefully it is, but I really dont know..If anyone knows please reply to my comment.

+ Use1cc on May 1st, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

I have been a PS+ subscriber since the day it premiered. My kid and I actively look forward to Tuesday nights to see what free games and discounts are being released. PS + offers so many awesome perks. Sometimes I buy a game I normally never would have bought just because PS+ is giving away a discount on the DLC.

Quick request-how ’bout offering a discount on Corpse Party for your loyal PS Plus subscribers?

Sony…You Rule!!! I”ll keep preaching the benefits of PS+.

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

ooooooh come oooon, this is not a games :\ this is s**t, y dont u bring some real stuff like infamus or ultimate marvel 3 or i’am alive, something like this, and for trine 2 & Awesomenauts is f** same style

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

bring some real tough titles, enough with these rabish….

+ aprad on May 2nd, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

Jeez Sony, keep this up and I will never cancel this subscription. Best gaming investment I have ever made!

+ darian2201 on May 7th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

great

+ Sethros on May 7th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

Has there been a confirmation as to whether or not the discount for Rayman Origins applies to the Vita version?

+ nickpeck36 on May 8th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

Just made my way back to the PS3 recently and decided to give PS+ out and I have to say, I’m very impressed. I love the deals you guys have! Keep up the good work.

+ bruinsra1 on May 8th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

i love my ps plus it was my best investment yet. I just hope ps3 uploads some of the cooler ps2 games so i can stop buying them for xbox….. I just want super monkey ball on my ps3… and tokyo extreme

+ nick00331 on May 9th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

if i join ps+ like tommorow will this be availeble for me or ? i dont know how ps+ works but the games are always SOOO good … and do you actually get the games or are they just longer trails ?
greets

+ crazyjoe3-17 on May 13th, 2012 at 6:51 am said:

How come by being a psn plus member we cant get any of these minis or psps games free for the vita?

+ Kaest_Aguirre on May 15th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

Rayman Origins will be available to US Stores? I mean to the US Playstation Store this may 15th? I’m asking cuz i can’t find it

+ TheJuggla17 on May 15th, 2012 at 9:07 pm said:

What the hell it still says Rayman is releasing on the 15th! Get your act together Sony.

+ leandrofarias on May 21st, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Hi,

When Rayman Origins will be available on Playstation Store ?

Thanks.

+ Sweetblu on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

What the heck is up with this????

I am really only excited by the Rayman Origins for $15!!! And it hasn’t been there…

Does anyone know when this will be released??? It was May 15th and then they said (not sure who said it) May 21… But her eit si the 23rd and still nowhere to be found :(

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 24th, 2012 at 2:15 am said:

what the next free games ganna be ??????????????????
dead nation plzzzzzzzzzzzzz and some real stuff plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, not like this month the games for kids :’(

+ ExtreemWN11 on May 24th, 2012 at 2:21 am said:

someone answer me above, and what the facts u use to pick up the free monthly games por ps+ ??????????
can someone answer me ????

PAGE 1 2 3