PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Starhawk: It’s Got a Story, Baby

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Apr 25, 2012 // President, LightBox Interactive

From the depths of crunch-time, I emerge to share with you and all other “nodes” on the internets a wonderful tale. A tale of a game with hot multiplayer action yet, unbeknownst to most players, a fun-as-hell solo campaign as well. So peel back your eyelids and let the video below impregnate your brain! (Yes, your brain can get pregnant!)

The team has been working all hours at Santa Monica Studio and here at LightBox Interactive to finish up Starhawk and we wanted to take a bit of time to share our latest Singleplayer trailer. Most people out there really only know Starhawk for its online multiplayer, which totally kicks ass and was certainly our team’s focus. But the fact is that Starhawk has a very fun and unique solo campaign too… and NO, it’s not just an MP tutorial with bots!

Emmett_SketchLogan_Sketch

Starhawk’s Build & Battle mechanics are fully supported by the Universe we’ve created. The war between the Rifters and the Outcast. The conflict between Emmett and Logan. Even humanity’s rush for “blue-gold” that spans the Frontier. The Starhawk solo campaign puts you right in the middle of it and I can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on it when it drops here in North America on May 8th!

Oh, and if you haven’t yet… GO PRE-ORDER THE GAME! And if you do it at GameStop you’ll get upgraded to the Limited Edition for free!… Go…. pre-order…. game…. must…. generate… sales….. numbers…
[/endtrance]

So yeah, keep tabs on www.StarhawkTheGame.com and the Blog for the latest Starhawk deats. Sorry I can’t write more but I gotta get back to work! Rock on!

58 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ BLEACH-Fan on April 25th, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

Damn Starhawk looks polished, great work Dylan I’ll be picking this up day 1

+ D-Squad3 on April 25th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

This is the only reason why I would get this game because Warhawk’s MP is so much better.

Anyway, cool avatar Mr. Jobe! “Son of Man”

+ YungShep on April 25th, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

is…..it…..May…..yet, lol

May will b another historic month for playstation..all kinds of goodies, Starhawk, MK Vita, Resistance Vita Max Payne 3 ohhh…..

Mr Dylan Jobe! take my money! glad your a game developer for playstation and live in Texas! #WIN.

+ TheGremlinKlown on April 25th, 2012 at 7:23 am said:

Epic………… May 8th …….. SOoN ………

+ jason_ac on April 25th, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

Looks cool!

+ Heavenly_king on April 25th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

Please Sony if you don’t want this game to bomb as Resistance 3……ADVERTISE THE GAME HEAVILY!!!!
The game looks fabulous, and it would be a shame that it doesn’t live to its true potential (sales wise).

For me it is a First day buy :D

Keep the great work.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on April 25th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

The flaw in your plan is that many multi fans will completly ignore the campaign and complain that Starhawk is too different from Warhawk, and SP fans like myself will resent the fact that we’re getting less than half a game :(

….seriously, i really hope that 4 hour campaign rumor i heard is not true, because that’s pretty insulting guys.

+ G-Force08 on April 25th, 2012 at 7:58 am said:

Well Mr. Jobe, I must say, I appreciate all of the hard work you and your team over at LightBox along with the Sony Santa Monica crew have put into this game.

It is one of my most anticipated for 2012 and I’m sure I will enjoy it. I loved the closed beta, I know MP will be a blast and I’m looking forward to the SP side as well.

I can’t wait to play and I hope this game succeeds in sales and in pleasing gamers worldwide.

+ KidCommando on April 25th, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho,

Its off to Dust I go.

To mine some Rift and stake my claim,

build some bases killing those who came.

Like fire in the sky I’ll make it rain,

always locked, loaded, and taking aim.

This space miners life is all I know,

Its off to Dust I go.

+ Zidaneski on April 25th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

This game is awesome! Played the Beta practically non-stop. However will this be available to download day one? My PS3 has trouble playing blu-ray so if this were available to download I wouldn’t pass on this like I did FFXIII-2.

+ chaindrive30 on April 25th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

I cannot wait for this game the story looks fun, I only expect allot of explosions and action the narrative will probably be thin and that’s fine with me as long as the combat is entertaining( it is I played the beta ). Going to be pre-ordering today!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 25th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

IM DEFINITLEY GETTING THIS GAME DAY ONE- I WAS KINDA HOPING THERE WOULD BE A COLLECTORS EDITION BUT I GUESS I CAN WAIT FOR IT TO BE DONE WITH STARHAWK 2..WHICH I ALSO HOPE WILL HAPPEN AS WELL :P THANK YOU LIGHTBOX AND SONY SANTA MONICA FOR MAKING THIS GAME HAPPEN AND BRINGING US A SINGLE PLAY CAMPAIGN – ALTHOUGH A 4 PLAYER CO-OP CAMPAIGN WOULDVE BIN ALOT BETTER ..BUT I GUESS THAT TOO CAN BE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE STARHAWK 2..LOL – I KNOW IM WAY AHEAD OF MYSELF BUT THATS HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS GAME..AND ITS JUST A FEW DAYS AWAY

+ GamerMoney on April 25th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

ok NOW im interested. Might be my summer game this year

+ DROPGRAVY on April 25th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

This SP trailer is fantastic, and I cant believe the wait is almost over, May 8th !!!!!

Im still curious as too what extras dylon mentioned were in store for the warhead vetrans.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 25th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

I FORGOT TO ADD THAT THE COLLECTORS EDITION WOULD INCLUDE A WARHAWK MECH MODEL OR EMMIT GRAVES – BUT I THINK THE MECH WOULD BE COOLER :P …AND A SPECIAL COSTUME FOR THE PLAYER. I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I THINK THE DIGITAL PS ONE WARHAWK AND THE SOUND TRACK ARE HORRIBLE OFFERS TO US AS A LIMITED EDITION. I WOULDVE RATHER HAD A PS HOME COSTUMES OR SPACE..OR AN EXCLUSIVE VEHCILE SKIN..ANYTHING BUT THAT OLD UGLY PS ONE WARHAWK GAME ..AND I CAN SAY THIS BECAUSE I ALREADY OWN IT…SMH

+ MushThePainter on April 25th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Can’t wait for this! Pre-ordered!

+ Kylote on April 25th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

I know as the developer you have little-to-no say in it, but I would have liked to see some preorder incentives for other retailers. I do all my game purchasing through Amazon due to gift cards I receive, and music and movies I trade in, but there is nothing for Starhawk unless you go to Gamestop.

+ rbanke on April 25th, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

I still can’t find a definitive answer on if Starhawk is going to be available on the store day 1. Having the digital version of Warhawk was really nice as I could quickly switch over to it anytime. Not having Starhawk on the store would be pretty dumb, especially with several 3rd party retail games launching day & date on the store.

+ Hooligantuan on April 25th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

This is the game with the barrels full of alien energy, right?

Lmao.

+ warezIbanez on April 25th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Oh crap! I accidentally gave this article a 4-star instead of 5! NO!

Anyway, the campaign will not only be running 6+ hours, you can play it repeatedly by using different playstyles. That, and harder difficulties should clarify any causes for concern on length. Hopefully I’ll be replaying it more than the Uncharted games. ;)

+ warezIbanez on April 25th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Also, if you’re looking for an organized, competitive, AND drama-free clan to blow stuff up with on Starhawk, (Czech) out RebelAllianceClan.com . You’ll see we have our own section dedicated to the basic tactics in MP, titled Starhawk 101. See you there!

+ Teflon02 on April 25th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

not that the games bad or anything, cuz fact is i like this alot. But I still think warhawk is still a better game MP wise. Its not a bad thing exactly seeing warhawk is one of my favourite ps3 games to release (MP wise)

+ Miggy11 on April 25th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

I hope ZONES can save the starhawk multiplayer because capture the flag was a mess and team deathmatch was just not very fun. I’m still not sold on the build and battle mechanic. It seems like too much teamwork would be involved to get it working correctly and let’s face it most people are lone wolves.

+ ASILENTENIGMA on April 25th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

After putting about 1800 hours into Warhawk, even getting the platinum, my excitement for Starhawk couldn’t have been higher. But then I played the beta, and that excitement disappeared. My biggest issue is that the whole game just feels slow when compared to Warhawk. Even when I would fly in Starhawk, it felt like a piano was strapped to the back of the hawk. I’m also not sold on the build and battle system. It takes that great fast action of Warhawk and slows it down to a crawl, in my opinion.

I still may get this game for a few reasons. One, my friends from Warhawk seem to be excited for this. Two, I feel I owe the people at LightBox who worked on Warhawk for giving me that unbelievable game. Three, I really do hope that Starhawk sells well. If it does, maybe there could be a true sequel to Warhawk sometime in the future.

I know some people will respond to this by saying that Starhawk isn’t Warhawk, sequels need to evolve from what the previous game offered, so you just want to keep playing Warhawk, etc. All I have to say to those people is that it’s truly great that you are that excited about Starhawk. In all honesty, I’m jealous. I wish I could be that excited for Starhawk.

+ Ftwrthtx on April 25th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Will there be any bonuses for Warhawk players?

+ Dragonsmana on April 25th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Very cool! Already pre-ordered (the amount of cool stuff in the limited edition is crazy, you already sold me on the game haha!)! Can’t wait to pick this up! Hey Dylan, any chance you will get to do that War of the Monsters remake you talked about some time ago? Plenty of people (myself included obviously) love that game and a PS3 version would just make our year to hear it announced one day lol. Seriously, you guys keep up the good work!

+ DuoMaxwell007 on April 25th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

I preordered mine about a week ago, I played the beta for all of 5 minutes, didnt really interest me much, the controls and game seemed “slower” than warhawk.. I just preordered anyway because I liked warhawk, and although Im sure Ill be bored of Starhawk multiplayer after a few days, that single player trailer however doesnt look like its gonna disappoint, it didnt look that great watching them play it on the Tester season 3, but that trailer up there actually made me cry tears of joy watching it, the single player alone looks liek its definitely gonna be worth the price of admission.

+ tyreytrdh on April 25th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

This game better be good and worth the wait.

+ guitarded77 on April 25th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

Starhawk is my gift to myself for making it through this semester of computer science classes… maybe one day I’ll be lucky enough to work for a development studio as great as LBI (wink, nudge) with Dylan Jobe as my boss.

+ Blkant on April 25th, 2012 at 12:40 pm said:

I have to ask, are there buildings, vehicles, or weapons in the SP that we didn’t see in the beta?

Secondly, are there buildings, vehicles, or weapons in the MP that we did not see in the beta?

Lastly, will you guys support this game like you guys did so well with warhawk?

+ KingTygerVII on April 25th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

I already separated mine, but something is off, where is the customization? cause it be boring playing the same DUDE every time i go to story, leave the voice acting, just let me change him >.> maybe more hair or different clothes or something, so i feel like i am playing myself or something, but I hope the ONline as more customization.

+ MarinoBrea on April 25th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

It’s all about the MP, so Dylan and crew please make sure that big part of the game is up to snuff and delivers without major hiccups, you’ve had plenty of time to iron out the wrinkles in the Beta and after, so keep doing your best job and good luck kimosabe!

+ MarinoBrea on April 25th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

And as far as “story” trailers go, this looked very weak, almost like just plain battles out of a challenge mode with voice overs. Some marketing could do a world of difference for games like this, but Sony doesn’t seem to believe in advertising anything not named God of War or Uncharted.

+ D-Squad3 on April 25th, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

@24 Couldn’t agree more, Listen to ASILENTENIGMA!!!

I think we can all say that most Warhawk veterans don’t like Starhawk, not even close to how much we loved Warhawk. Everything ASILENTENIGMA said is basically the reason why I don’t like Starhawk.

Warhawk is and probably will always be my favorite online MP and so that’s why when I played Starhawk, I was HEAVILY disappointed. It’s like getting a PlayStation 3 box for Christmas only to see nothing inside the box!

I guess they’re catering to people less familiar with Warhawk because that game came out about 5 years ago. So for the people liking it, have fun! I’m gonna sit here waiting for Warhawk 2.

+ BoD_GodlessGOD on April 25th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

Starhawk is superior to Warhawk… Nuff said.

+ smthng on April 25th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

Any word on how much that map and the homeworld will cost as separate DLC? Sorry, but I think GameSlop is evil and I know I’m not the only one… I’d rather pay an extra $10 to anyone else for the content. You really should offer more content with other retailers. Limiting exclusives to only one retailer is limiting your ability to sell product and limiting my choice as your customer.

On a different note, I’m really looking forward to StarHawk and am glad you added a real single player component. I sucked at WH and will probably suck at SH as well, but at least I’ll have some time offline to prepare.

+ ClassicSpyroFan on April 25th, 2012 at 3:09 pm said:

This story looks pretty interesting, day one buy and has been… well… since it was announced!

+ Extrem3xCarn4ge on April 25th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

I’m soo excited to go out and buy this game!!

+ GenXGamer on April 25th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

Now that’s a commercial……
Was only in this for the Multi Player Online play and now I’m almost as equally excited about the Single Player mode………Almost, not to take away from the Single player, I’m just pretty damned excited about MP……..Definitely a win worth the wait.

+ NeoMahi on April 25th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

NICE! Man, I’ve been waitin for something to play since Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception and Twisted Metal. Man, NOBODY! can beat Sony with exclusives. NOBODY! Wow. Sony Santa Monica have been really busy working with everyone it seems on top of God of War: Ascension. Helpin Lightbox with the game engine, helping practically develop Twisted Metal. Shoot, they’ve gotta be totally worn out. And then what, there’s a new PS3 Exclusive announced tomorrow. Guess Sony Santa Monica is probably doing that as well. Geez. Maybe its gonna be Quantic Dream revealing Kara’s actual game. Man, I’m totally glad I’ve got a PS3, everything else just doesn’t compare.

+ NeoMahi on April 25th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

By-the-way, the GameStop Exclusive SUCKS! I don’t buy my games from GameStop because they’re biased as hell.

U- “Hey! So, what’ve you been playin lately?”
GS- “Not a lot, you?”
U- “Ah, I just finished Uncharted 3! It was Epic!”
GS- “Hm. Yeah, I don’t like the PS3. I play 360. Its a better console.”
U- “So… How do you know if the games good or not and to sell it?”
GS- “it doesn’t matter. I have the 360 and I like the 360.”

EVERYONE AT GAMESTOP IS LIKE THIS! and Sony supports that. Might as well team with Microsoft. Come on SONY! Amazon and even Target support you. Walmart doesn’t. They’re pro Xbox. Kmart advertises the crap out of PS3.

+ sekaniy on April 25th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

@34 “Listen to ASILENTENIGMA!!!…So for the people liking it, have fun!”

Umm…. if we listen to ASILENTENIGMA we will not have fun with SH?!?! And be bitter about how much worse it is than WH.

“I’m gonna sit here waiting for Warhawk 2.”
Umm…. no you’re not. You are going to wait for the next blog about SH and give your complaints and disappointments again. Just like ASILENTENIGMA . We all know you guys opinion about how much you hate the game. Why come to every blog?

@9 great I’m going to be singing that on the way home from GS.

+ D-Squad3 on April 25th, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

@42 Um, ASILENTENIGMA’s reason is the reason why people don’t like the game, I didn’t say the fans of Starhawk to listen to him, I was talking to the developers.

Actually I am gonna sit here and wait for Warhawk 2 even when the new blog post about Starhawk comes out, I will always be here waiting for Warhawk 2 so idk what you’re talking about.

+ Heavenly_king on April 25th, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

Sony, Starhawk is having a really low number in PRE-ORDERS. The game will flop unless you advertise it heavily. Check this link:

Starhawk is on spot #20, and considering that there is few time left between now and release; they are really low numbers.

Come on Sony you need to advertise your games!!!!!

+ XcaliburOne on April 26th, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

I think Dylan and his team have done a fabulous job with Starhawk. Hard to fathom it’s only 12 days away. I mean I’ve been playing Warhawk since 2008 and it never gets old. If any of you are looking for someone to team up with in Starhawk feel free to add me to your friends list.

+ starBlinky01 on April 26th, 2012 at 2:13 am said:

The story doesn’t seem too original and the characters to me seem kind of generic. And I played the beta and didn’t like it at all, in fact I am still kinda pissed that you guys changed my beloved Warhawk so much. But this isn’t Warhawk and this trailer I must say made me interested in this game again, I got all nostalgic at the scene where you play in space around that space ship, reminded me of StarFox 64 from way back when.

Also I agree with you guys chatting about Warhawk veterans not liking this one. I am too a veteran, putting in hundreds of hours (not thousands like some of you crazy folks!), but.. I completely understand what you guys mean. My issues are basically the build system and I’m really not sold on transforming to ‘mechs’ either. Seems more uninspired and frankly less fun considering how effing slow and clunky they are.

+ cavewulf on April 26th, 2012 at 5:37 am said:

Really brings out single player and some characters. I can’t wait for co-op. About 2 weeks left guys get ur wallets and purses ready

+ MushThePainter on April 26th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Doea anyone have an extra sweet tooth skin code from twisted metal? It would be much appreciated , thanks.in advance

+ LandmineSalesman on April 26th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Looks lame, this should have been a $30 multiplayer title, I don’t understand why we have to pay $60 every single game.

+ neuropunk on April 26th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

Not sure why every single PS3 first party exclusive has to be a pew pew gun game. I wonder why Sony doesn’t care about RPGs, since RPGs single handedly put the Playstation brand on the map.

That being said, I’m skipping on Starhawk since it looks generic and there’s a bajillion games with gunz in them already. RPGs or bust.

PAGE 1 2