PS4 - Destiny

See PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale in Action

Omar Kendall's Avatar + Posted by Omar Kendall on Apr 26, 2012 // Game Director, SuperBot Entertainment

Today marks a special day for us here at SuperBot Entertainment, as we finally get to share our game with the world! PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale existed as an idea in the hearts of gamers way before SuperBot got around to making it, and the expectations of the fans are really what drive us. This game is a labor of love, and we’re excited to be able to finally show it — learn more in our new video interview above.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

So what is PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale? First and foremost, it’s a celebration of a storied history of great characters and rich worlds brought together in one game. And for us, there’s no better way to celebrate than by creating an experience that players can sit around one screen and enjoy together. There are probably a few types of games that can be enjoyed by four players simultaneously, but for us at SuperBot, a brawler was the obvious choice for one really good reason: the developers here at SuperBot really like fighting games. We love playing them and we love making them. With PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, we set out to make an experience accessible enough for all PlayStation fans to enjoy while also creating something deep enough for the serious fighting game aficionado. We think this “accessible yet deep” strategy is the perfect way to bring PlayStation fans of all stripes together.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle RoyalePlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

The game features a number of cool game modes for both single and multiplayer, with a focus on online play which features a robust tournament mode. Players will be able to compete against each other as well as play cooperatively. We can’t wait for you all to try it for yourself.

Until then, please stay tuned; there are plenty more features, characters, and levels we want to show. And you definitely don’t want to miss what we’ve got in store for E3!

PAGE 1 2 3 12

+ FearMonkey on April 27th, 2012 at 12:00 am said:

3rd Party Characters confirmed?

If Aerith is in it I will buy at a high price.

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

There will be plenty of character reveals in the future, including 3rd party – stay tuned!

+ DZORMAGEN on April 27th, 2012 at 12:01 am said:

Rey I told you (on twitter) I would stay up till midnight to see this! :D

+ kiikooo on April 27th, 2012 at 12:04 am said:

I watched it on spike. I’m excited really want to try it out though. Hopefully i can at e3.

Not sure about the name though.

+ FredNation on April 27th, 2012 at 12:04 am said:

Looks pretty dope! Will there be level creation and support for 3DTVs?!

+ Kchow23 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:04 am said:

Oh man!!! Can’t wait.. Raiden (Ninja) or Snake better be in this!

+ favian on April 27th, 2012 at 12:05 am said:

Super excited to see the return of Parappa, maybe he’ll have a new adventure to call his own on PS3 (long overdue)? Make it so

+ pscoolman on April 27th, 2012 at 12:06 am said:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ LexusRacer on April 27th, 2012 at 12:07 am said:

Wow, I can’t wait to play this!

+ DarkOne_PR on April 27th, 2012 at 12:08 am said:

HAHAHAHA I just posted on the other blog about this! jajajaj Sid surely made this fast XD!!! As i said in the other POST, SONY THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY! Now remember to add CLOUD from FF7 to the list of chars!!!! LOVE U! and THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Love you back!

+ AJLareneg on April 27th, 2012 at 12:08 am said:

JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY. D:

+ B-Real206 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:09 am said:

Kick, punch it’s all in your mind!!! Parappa welcome back dood!!! Can’t wait for E3!!! Congrats SuperBot it looks like a lot of fun!!!

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

Thanks!

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on April 27th, 2012 at 12:09 am said:

Do we get to play as Buzz? I really want to knock his wig off his head. I’d figure we’d see Nathan Drake, Heavenly Sword’s Nariko, Solid Snake, Krato’s brother and more? I’m glad you guys are bringing back older stuff like Pa Rappa, keep that up…don’t stop there.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on April 27th, 2012 at 12:10 am said:

Please tell me Cole and Sackboy are playable

+ pantsmith on April 27th, 2012 at 12:10 am said:

Spike from Ape Escape. Or Spectre. Just not Jimmy. Okay, maybe I’ll even settle for Jimmy.

I don’t even care about 3rd party! Just get some Ape Escape love up in here.

+ SederexZKN on April 27th, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

This looks awesome. Bring back Cole from Infamous and Ratchet and Clank

+ DarkOne_PR on April 27th, 2012 at 12:15 am said:

OOOH and as i will copy paste a comment i made in the other post ok…

BTW i hope the name its a code name bc while it fits the game, its too long and not something memorable…. it needs to be something that gamers identify the game with just a word. Like Super Smash bros… friends say… lets play smash! u know quickly what it is. but PS AS BR its a little bit too long and a bit generic… just my 2 cents! make a contest on how to call the game! and take ideas from the community! :) LOVE U ALL!

+ Shacojin on April 27th, 2012 at 12:18 am said:

Coming to Vita as well?

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

A Vita version would be pretty cool!

+ Heavenly_king on April 27th, 2012 at 12:18 am said:

If the studio did not existed before this game, so that means that Sony created/owns superbot entertainment??

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

SuperBot is an independent studio, but Sony played a big part in getting us started.

+ DZORMAGEN on April 27th, 2012 at 12:19 am said:

So far everything looks great.

I just hope the online wont be laggy.

I need to go to E3 this year and play this game!!! It’s the game on top of my radar now.

+ mid_012 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:19 am said:

Add a Yakuza character, maybe Kiryu or Majima (or even better, Akiyama), and it’s an instant buy for me.

+ killersense on April 27th, 2012 at 12:20 am said:

darkone

u can always say lets battle or lets do battle!

the only character that HAS to be in this game and if it is not it would be A DAMN SHAME is SOLID SNAKE. i mean come on he has to be there. i will cry….

+ TopherQuin on April 27th, 2012 at 12:28 am said:

This looks so awesome. It would be cool if Crash Bandicoot got some love too.

+ NeoMahi on April 27th, 2012 at 12:30 am said:

Alright, I’m calling it right now on 27 April 2012. Superbot Entertainment, are you listening? Here goes. So Geoff asked you about a final boss and you said it was in the works. So, what’s more Sony or PlayStation than the father of PlayStation, Jack Tretton or Kaz Harai? THERE ISN’T! So, the final boss needs to be like them. BUT PLEASE! Don’t pull a ‘Mortal Kombat’ and make the boss so hard, that you have to play cheap to beat him. You know what I’m saying? Do an animated CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment either the Father, Jacky T., Kaz or Andrew House. THAT’D BE AWESOME!

Really though, Nintendo fans aren’t going to be happy. I’d be angry too if I were a big Nintendo fan. I wasn’t happy when Dante’s Inferno was multi-platform or Castlevania because that style and Hideo Kojima was always very pro PlayStation but, it takes away from Nintendo’s momentum: The Game being in HD and to the Core gamer.

I HOPE THIS IS GOING TO HAVE 3D SUPPORT!!!!

+ DarkOne_PR on April 27th, 2012 at 12:32 am said:

I say KEVIN BUTLER AS FINAL BOSS! LOL!

+ King-Optimus_777 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:40 am said:

Epic Nuff Said

+ Cck17 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:46 am said:

YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I love super smash and I have dreamed for this forever.

SuperBot if you are listening please add Kingdom Hearts characters, Demon’s Souls characters, and Spyro from PS1.(not the newer ones they suck)

I plan on preording the day I can.

+ Blkant on April 27th, 2012 at 12:52 am said:

I must know, will Daniel Fortesque from Medievil on PSOne be in this?

+ Gekidami on April 27th, 2012 at 12:54 am said:

The only real complaint i have and i’m seeing on forums is that the game looks washed out, like theres a grey filter constantly over the screen. The colours really need to be more vibrant, simply for gameplay reasons; You have trouble seeing whats going on when the camera zooms out when its washed out looking. I see that characters seem to have a glow around them to help you see where they are, make it look less washed out and you probably wont need that.

Otherwise, looks good, i hope the lineup is awesome, i really want characters from both old & new Sony games, including characters from less known franchises both western & Japanese.

+ VideoGamer35 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:54 am said:

it’s a dream come true, gamers!

+ asmbatati on April 27th, 2012 at 1:03 am said:

I hoped that it will be like Crash Bash ( a mixture of mini games, battles, races, … ), but unfortunately it’s just a battle game (-_-).

+ sheik_ah on April 27th, 2012 at 1:05 am said:

Awwww yeah! Saw this coming a mile away and still got excited when it was announced. I’m pre-ordering this game tomorrow. Although, it is a long name. Why not shorten it to just Playstation All-Stars and then add extra titles as sequels come out. Battle Royale, Mayhem Massacre, Beyond Thunderdome etc.

Also, I hope there are more female characters besides Fat Princess (I’m shallow, I know). I want to see the Candle Maiden and Lightning Farron.

… yup. Still excited. ^_^

+ K3ViNPwNz- on April 27th, 2012 at 1:06 am said:

I’ll admit thisis a straight ssbb ripoff but dam do i want this game so bad.SSBB had terrible online gameplay so im sure ps3 will fix that and really looking forward to seeing more characters.
PLEASE HAVE NATHAN DRAKE/
or you could put the djnn characters from uncharted 3 on the game aswell.They would fit in just fine.

+ enjionPS on April 27th, 2012 at 1:07 am said:

Hmm.. don’t really care for too many of of the modern Sony stuff.

Rammy from Um Jammer Lammy
Sofia from Toshinden (she was an early mascot, look it up people)
PS1 Era Crash Bandicoot
PS1 Era Spyro
Omega Boost
Cloud (Like FFVII or not, he is pretty damn important to the history of Playstation)
Claire Redfield (Game needs females)
Some Car from Gran Turismo
Hermie Hopperhead

Hopefully this turns out as fun as… that other game which this is clearly not taking any inspiration from whats so ever.

+ stu123 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:07 am said:

Parappa’s gonna rap them to death.

+ Lizzie323 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:09 am said:

Kevin Butler as commentator! :P

+ j-j-schenk on April 27th, 2012 at 1:11 am said:

will razputin from psychonauts also be a character ?
that would be awesome!
it looks like an amazing game and i am sure im gonna buy it!

+ puzkito on April 27th, 2012 at 1:12 am said:

Please tell me that is Lara Croft. A Lara VS Nate can be epic

+ Taking_bs on April 27th, 2012 at 1:16 am said:

KIRYU KAZUMA would be PERFECT for this game. I want to see him burst into blue and red flames on the screen. I’d also like to see SOLID SNAKE/OLD SNAKE/ BIG BOSS on here too. CQC would be awesome to see along side his arsenal of weapons. AND I think ETHAN MARS from heavy rain would be HILARIOUS. I want him to shout “JASON~!!” and have the word project out of his mouth and cause damage. Even if he sucks at fighting, it’d be worth it to have him in the game just for that. AND NATHAN DRAKE and VICTOR SULLIVAN. Remember, it’s okay to have similar play styled characters. SSBB did it, and this is clearly similar. And this is me just throwing out more characters without really thinking about it: Dude from STARHAWK. Dude from Demon’s Souls. NARIKO and KAI from Heavenly Sword. MAX from Dark Cloud 2. Several Knights from White Knight Chronicles. ‘sall I got. I’m excited~!!

+ geist226 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:18 am said:

Sora. Sora. Sora, Sora, SORA.

From Kingdom Hearts.

Please.

+ Kixx_MKIII on April 27th, 2012 at 1:20 am said:

Pa Rappa said B****** thought he was gone, guess they thought wrong!

Hope there may be some love for Gex. Its obvious y’all have pulled ALOT of different games in. I can’t wait to see the full char. listing.

+ TalonsInTheNight on April 27th, 2012 at 1:22 am said:

I am excited, but there are a couple really nagging things.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE GAME!
It sounds so cheap and unimportant. It makes me think of an EyeToy compilation game for the PS2 not the big blockbuster we want it to be. It does not carry the cool factor that characters like Nathan Drake and Kratos evoke. PLUS the logo for the current name is equally TERRIBLE and almost looks like it belongs on the packaging of some toy for toddlers.

The white glow/outline really detracts from the game. I understand why it’s there but it makes the characters look like cutouts on a backdrop and really breaks the immersion. At the very least give us the option to TURN IT OFF.

I don’t claim to have the perfect title for the game, but you need to go back to the drawing board on that one.

Here are some ideas. Let’s call it brainstorming. I’m a fan and I want this to be monumental; I hope I’m not alone.

Long Live Play (It’s off beat, but it could be perfect)
The Arena
Stake your Claim
Showdown
Battle Royale (I understand there may be legal issues with this one)
Battle Beyond (IGN nod)
Playstation Universe
BEEF (why not?)

+ n_long on April 27th, 2012 at 1:24 am said:

I’m putting my vote in now for Polygon Man as the secret final boss.

+ fall3nbadstar on April 27th, 2012 at 1:28 am said:

Hideo Kojima.

Ah yes, Makoto Kikuchi and Hibiki Ganaha would be pretty taiiighhtt for shizzle my bizzle. Nano~

+ fu_Manchu_FR on April 27th, 2012 at 1:30 am said:

Too bad, I would have liked Power Stone style…

+ TalonsInTheNight on April 27th, 2012 at 1:32 am said:

So would I.

+ Carl-G on April 27th, 2012 at 1:34 am said:

Looks COOL:P Love the backgrounds to:D
All i need to know is – What is the full character list? I would really love to play as ‘Clank(&Ratchet)’ & ‘Drake’ in it;)

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Glad you like the backgrounds!

We’ll be announcing more characters, levels, and features as we approach our release!

+ camwarren on April 27th, 2012 at 1:36 am said:

This is gonna be pretty cool but come on Sony!! Still rippin’ off Nintendo?????? SMH.

All-Star Battle Royale=Super Smash Brawl (Just In HD)
PS Move=Wii Plus Remotes (Just In HD)

+ DarkOne_PR on April 27th, 2012 at 1:38 am said:

SUPERBOT…. the white outline needs to go…

+ Kixx_MKIII on April 27th, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

Final boss gonna be the chick from Cardinal Syn…..or a really hard and nearly impossible level of Frogger…… =D

+ Biggz124 on April 27th, 2012 at 2:37 am said:

Add Um Jamma Lammy & the White Knight from WKC and you guys have a winner.

and the protagontist from Dark Cloud.. I want to have a link clone damn it.

PAGE 1 2 3 12