Far Cry 4

See PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale in Action

Omar Kendall's Avatar + Posted by Omar Kendall on Apr 26, 2012 // Game Director, SuperBot Entertainment

Today marks a special day for us here at SuperBot Entertainment, as we finally get to share our game with the world! PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale existed as an idea in the hearts of gamers way before SuperBot got around to making it, and the expectations of the fans are really what drive us. This game is a labor of love, and we’re excited to be able to finally show it — learn more in our new video interview above.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

So what is PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale? First and foremost, it’s a celebration of a storied history of great characters and rich worlds brought together in one game. And for us, there’s no better way to celebrate than by creating an experience that players can sit around one screen and enjoy together. There are probably a few types of games that can be enjoyed by four players simultaneously, but for us at SuperBot, a brawler was the obvious choice for one really good reason: the developers here at SuperBot really like fighting games. We love playing them and we love making them. With PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, we set out to make an experience accessible enough for all PlayStation fans to enjoy while also creating something deep enough for the serious fighting game aficionado. We think this “accessible yet deep” strategy is the perfect way to bring PlayStation fans of all stripes together.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle RoyalePlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

The game features a number of cool game modes for both single and multiplayer, with a focus on online play which features a robust tournament mode. Players will be able to compete against each other as well as play cooperatively. We can’t wait for you all to try it for yourself.

Until then, please stay tuned; there are plenty more features, characters, and levels we want to show. And you definitely don’t want to miss what we’ve got in store for E3!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 12

+ angibri2000 on April 27th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait…I already have some DLC ideas for ya. How about Lil’/Larg team, Kat from Gravity Rush, Blob from Blobs Attack, and maybe even some Little Deviants (sure why not) Yes I know they’re all Vita chars. except for Blob but heck you guys got Fat Princess in there so why taheck not. Day 1 purchase from me, my son loves Smash Bros. and I’m sure he’ll love this even more given the Ratchet will be in it (obvious!) and a better controller. Thanks Sony keep up listening to us! =)

+ DesmaBR on April 27th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Man, I just want to see some Nippon Ichi characters… I really want to see Laharl there

But maybe just a lowly prinny would do

+ PainOfSarrow on April 27th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

yooo this looks sweet as hellllllll. day one purchase. my hood will like this brawler.

+ PainOfSarrow on April 27th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

ohhh and is this a disc game or psn game ?

+ HeySumbode on April 27th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Gex, Spyro, Tombaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…. Snake (Metal Gear Solid), Gabe Logan (From Syphon Filter With the Taser… you know you like the taser…), any Battle Arena Toshinden and Final Fantasy VII Character please… :)
Oh and take my money… :)

+ La_maravich_22 on April 27th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Ratchet and Clank
Etzio Assasins Creed
Chimera Resistance
Bigg Daddy of Bioshock
Ryu of Street Fighter
Batman
Nordict of Skyrim (Special Move Dragon)
Journey with a Special Stage
Naruto
Ichigo Bleach

+ boxmyth on April 27th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Hope Jumping Flash makes an appearance in some form.

+ TrueInfiny on April 27th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Put Kevin Butler has a playable character and i’ll buy 10 copies.

+ remanutd5 on April 27th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

this is the kind of game the psvita/ps3 cross platform play could be huge for sony. why you guys didnt think about it?

+ Type-F- on April 27th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

List of players I wish to see from their series

The hot chick from ridge racer and Kaz Hirai saying RIIIIIIIDGEEEE RACEEEEER! in the character selection for that character (The most important one of them all)
Kevin Buttler or Jack Tretton
Infamous
Rachet and Clank
Jack and Daxter
Maximo
Sly Cooper
Metal Gear

With Kaz Hirai/Kevin Buttler/Jack Tretton participating in this game would be the super A game for sure. We need the power houses of Sony!

+ AriesWarlock on April 27th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

How about adding Jen from Primal?

+ chaos_789 on April 27th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Looks good, I would also like to know if 3rd party characters will be in it, if so I know it would be cool if War and Death were in it. (Darksiders 1 and 2)

+ Vortuminius on April 27th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

Spyro needs to be in this. Crash too, but Spyro NEEDS TO BE IN THIS.

And add Kevin Butler! :D

+ Amersonjr2YAHOO on April 27th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

i spent 300$ for nun it should be ps vita vita new ever two days Sony lie to us about to many things ps one games been on the vita and ps 2 games more apps come on Sony all this news about ps3 when the ps vita page look the same for past 3 or 4 days. yall moving slow with the vita i like Skype but you can even add people the PSP can y not the PSP

+ blakseed on April 27th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

This well be kind of cool. Didn’t know what to expect but the vid has me hyped.

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on April 27th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Glad you’re excited!

+ remanutd5 on April 27th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

yes i agree with 158 Amersonjr2YAHOO where are the vita games sony? you guys are announcing a ps3 exclusive every week where are the upcoming vita games? this playstation all stars battle royale could have been the perfect game for cross platform play ps3/psvita , where are the unannounced psvita games?

+ TheOne6684 on April 27th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Wander from Shadow of the Colossus
Dart from Legend of Dragoon

These characters would be awesome to play as!

+ Sonic-Boom on April 27th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

please add sonic ( go go sonic go go sonic ) ask sega i wish they agree to add him in the game

+ luvtoseek on April 27th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

@116, yes, I agree. While there are ALOT of great suggestions here for the roster, there needs to be some more female characters.

@125, story mode is confirmed.

Omar, is there a Collector’s Edition in the works?

+ DesertGhostz on April 27th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

OK guys, first off thank you for making one of the soon to be awesomest game ever.
The secret to guarantee your success and I assure you it will, is putting a Final fantasy character on the game rooster.
Preferably Cloud, Sephiroth, Zack or Noctis.
Omar Kendall said in this video, that you guys were listening to fans. Every PlayStation fan wants a Final fantasy character on the game obviously so please, please for the sake of a sequel, put one!

Thank you for reading, please respond, I swear I wont tell anything ;-)

+ infinitezer0 on April 27th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

The best way to counter a very strong Nintendo lineup would be to acquire a license from Disney and Square Enix. Anything Kingdom Hearts related is going to sell and I’d like to see Organization XIII. Also, including a Folklore character would be a great counter to Pokemon.

+ Droopysp on April 27th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Gotta have a separate mode where mode where u could knock your opponent off the level and add HP….Characters you guys should add are Dante and that other guy…Jak and daxter…characters from resistance….Snake and and that other guy….resident evil characters….heavenly sword charcters…crash bandicoot….sorcery….Guys good luck and i cant wait til E3

+ DesertGhostz on April 27th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

NOCTIS!!!!!!!!

+ BudDudandSlash on April 27th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

I’d like to see the Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus in this game, or at least a stage from that game. Lookin’ great!

+ Destiny89 on April 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

Wow this looks like lots of fun.. cant wait

+ GamerMoney on April 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

I WANT AN ALL STAR EDITION AKA SPECIAL EDITION

+ Dcrazy204 on April 27th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

hey i love to play this game soon,i enjoy playing super smash bros.You think they could be a possibility that could you team up with nintendo to bring a cross over game between playstation and nintendo in the future.

+ drepsx3 on April 27th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Is a Vita version being planned? Please talk to activision about getting Crash and Spyro on the roster they were huge during the PS1 era. And what’s up with the blurry backgrounds?

+ siyabend15 on April 27th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

ADD CHARACTERS FROM KINGDOM HEARTS!!

+ Icestar10 on April 27th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

There are more characters I wanted to add to my list. I want to see characters from:

-Jak and Daxter

-Ratchet and Clank

-Infamous

-Final Fantasy (VII, VIII, X, XIII, XIII-2 and Versus XIII-2 Like Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Lightning, Caius, Noctis and more from Final Fantasy)

-Uncharted

I really am excited for this game.

Will there be DLC’s to add more characters and levels once the game has been released?

+ remanutd5 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Gabe Logan?

+ slydaniels on April 27th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Is there a story mode?

+ tiggyvg on April 27th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

Idk about charicters but id kill to see a level mix between the world of Flower and the world of PAIN, it be hilarious

+ iZalman007 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

Omar, my friend… I thank you and the team for making this amazing game.

However, you can’t have a PlayStation crossover game without Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. And you know that. Please do everything you can to make us older PlayStation fans happy. Those franchises were the biggest part of my childhood with the PlayStation 1, and celebrating the history of this brand without even mentioning these two characters should be considered a crime.

I know the characters aren’t under Sony’s posession anymore, but considering you’re giving third party characters such a big role in the game, I have faith that you guys can pull it off.

Thanks for your time… and game! I look forward to playing it.

+ BlueBl1zzard on April 27th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

Been waiting for a game like this for a while.
If this game plays even half as good as Super Smash Bros. you have an automatic purchase from me!!! Please do not disappoint Superbot, I have faith in you!

As for characters I would like to see….Cole from infamous, a demon’s souls character, a patapon, a mod from modnation racers or a sackboy, a monster or two from war of the monsters, a character from monster hunter (if that’s possible), a helghast soldier or chimera, and Nathan Drake (or Sully) from Uncharted.

Make me proud!!!

+ Bang_em_Banks on April 27th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

I’m just going to throw my two scents in as far as characters that should be here.. Hey you never know it just might happen. (These are in no particular order & I’m not picking obvious sure bet choices like Sackboy ect.)

1 Mamma/Fwank/Dounca (from loaded PS1).
2. Bubsy
3. Gex The Gecko
4.OG Crash Bandicoot (PS1 crash)
5. OG Spyro (PS1)
6. Lammy
7.Sir Dan Fortesque
8. Cloud/ Sephiroth

just real quick off the top of my head

+ Lemondish on April 27th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

I sincerely hope Kevin Butler is a playable character, or at least a super secret unlockable easter egg or something.

+ Heavenly_king on April 27th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

I think that Sony should add characters depending on how many generations some franchises appear on PlayStation. I have made a list, and I think that most 3rd party character should be from the games with most appearances, but also they should add a few of the games on other categories.

WELL KNOWN FRANCHISES THAT ARE ON PS1,PS2 and PS3
CASTLEVANIA: Simon Belmont, Trevor Belmont, Leon Belmont, Gabriel Beltmont and DRACUL and DRACULA!!
Crash Bandicoot and spyro: Even though the latest games are not so good.
FINAL FANTASY: Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Ultimecia, Aerith, Rinoa
GRAN THEFT AUTO: Some GTA protagonists.
METAL GEAR SOLID: Solid snake, Naked snake, Old Snake, Big Boss
MORTAL KOMBAT: Sub Zero, Scorpion, and more ninjas!!
RESIDENT EVIL: Albert Wesker, Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Nemesis
SILENT HILL: James, or any other protagonist.
SOUL CALIBUR: Nightmare, and other characters lol :D
STAR OCEAN: Any hero, and Villain lol
STREET FIGHTER: Ken, Ryu, Chun-li.
TEKKEN: Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima, Ogre, King.
DEAD OR ALIVE: Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi
CALL OF DUTY: LOL
MEDAL OF HONOR: LOL

+ Heavenly_king on April 27th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

WELL KNOWN FRANCHISES THAT ARE ON PS1,PS2 only
GRANDIA: Justin,
SOUL REAVER: Raziel, Kain
TENCHU: Rikimaru, Ayame, Onikage.
MEGAMAN X: Zero, X, Sigma.

WELL KNOWN FRANCHISES THAT ARE ON PS2,PS3 only
DEVIL MAY CRY: Dante, Vergil…NOT THE REBOOT PLEASE!!
Any other good franchise?? I dont remember

WELL KNOWN FRANCHISES THAT ARE ON PS3 only
ASSASSINS CREED: Ezio Auditore
THE ELDER SCROLLS: DRAGON BORN!!!
MASS EFFECT: Commander Shepard
NINJA GAIDEN: Ryu Hayabusa (also in DOA), Ayane (also in DOA), the Archfiend, the Regent of the mask (which I hate during boss fights in NG3)
YAKUZA: Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima.

WELL KNOWN FRANCHISES THAT ARE ON PS2 only
ONIMUSHA: Samonosuke
KINGDOM HEARTS: Sora, Riku
VIEWTIFUL JOE: Viewtiful Joe
GOD HAND: Gene (the protagonist)

WELL KNOWN FRANCHISES THAT ARE ON PS1 only
VAGRANT STORY
CHRONO CROSS
CHRONO TRIGGER
XENOGEARS

+ IzoGray on April 27th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Please READ. FEEDBACK. IMPORTANT.

I think the agreement is across the board on the name change. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale sounds like a damn joke and it’s really hard to be excited about the game with a name floating around like that. No wonder everyone who doesn’t own a PS3 is making fun of it already.

The name should be short like your previous attempts. Playstation Title Fight is appropriate and resonates strongly in the mind.

Second, and I stress this one so much more, this NEEDS to be on the Playstation Vita with crossplay. This is the first game of its genre for Sony and could be a Vita marketing point. I know a few people who would be willing to buy a Vita for a game like this.
And if you’re listening to the second suggestion, you may as well take it a step further and have exclusive solo missions with characters on the Vita. Something along that idea anyways.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on April 27th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

My list of 1st party characters, because the game is not called “Multiformat All-Satrs” :/

+ CHIMERA HYBRID – (Resistance series, PS3, PSP, Vita)
+ LOCOROCO – (LocoRoco series, PSP, PS3)
+ GABE LOGAN – (Syphon Filter series, PS1, PS2, PSP)
+ SACKGIRL – (LittleBigPlanet series, PS3, PSP, Vita)
+ EMMIT GRAVES – (StarHawk, PS3)
+ NARIKO – (Heavenly Sword, PS3)
+ CHOLE – (Uncharted 3, PS3)
+ TORO the Japanese Sony Cat-Mascot
+ KEN KUTERAGI – (father of playstation)

Unannounced no-brainer characters I assume are already In:

+ Ratchet & Clank
+ Jack & Daxter
+ Nathan Drake
+ Cole Mcgrath
+ Sackboy

+ BoNeSaW23 on April 27th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Looks Great SuperBot!

My only concern is the immediate playable roster is gonna be small. Just a feeling i’m getting.
The most recent brawler(SSBB) had a HUGE roster, 35 characters to choose from.

Is your number of characters gonna be close to that number? Could you guys give us a number your aiming for?

+ Blackmagic316 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

Sora
Cole McGrath
Cloud
Jak
Wonder
Ratchet
Drake
CRASH
SPYRO
Toan
Nariko

Those Characters should be included. Emphasis on Crash and Spyro

+ Kholdy on April 27th, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Hello, guys! I’m pretty excited about this!

Can you please bring a character from Wild ARMs? Rudy or Jack would be nice!
Dart from Legend of Dragoon would be SO cool with his Dragoon transformation!
Ah and I would not rule out , Sir Daniel Fortesque and Brave Fencer Musashi \o/

Success!

+ Heavenly_king on April 27th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

The name should be:

“CROSS OVER CHAOS”

but written this way:

〤 ○VER CH△□S Obviously with bigger symbol of the Dualshock 3 so it fits :D

+ Capitan_Carrot on April 27th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

I would LOVE it if you made the combat akin to Super Smash Bros. Melee. By that I mean fast-paced and somewhat technical, but still fun for new players. If this game is like SSB Brawl then I won’t be playing it too much, far too slow for my tastes. That said, the 6 characters so far don’t intrigue me at all, aside from Sly (yay Sly!) Some additions I would like to see would be;

Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Amaterasu, Prince of Persia, Snake, Nathan Drake, Kevin Butler with a Playstation Move remote (wooo!), Cole MacGrath, Wander or Ico, Dante, Crash, Sora (Valor form?), maybe some FF character (I think Lightning or Tidus/Auron would be really cool to play as, even though most fanboys will go straight for Cloud), Laura Croft, Spyro, -maybe- Ezio..

Anyways, thanks for this game, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time! Most of my favorite characters are from Playstation exclusive games so this has got me very excited :)

Good luck with your new company!

+ ShadowMoses33 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

I am SO excited for this game, it looks amazing so far! Great job Sony and Superbot Entertainment!

You guys should include Joel and Ellie from The Last of Us, it would be a great way to get them some more exposure and get more people interested in buying the game (it’s going to be a day 1 buy for me).

Also I hope you guys include a level editor/map maker as well, you could make the Stage editor kind of like Little Big Planets and have Sack Boy as the guide.

I can’t wait for this holiday season! Keep up the good work Sony! I’m one very happy customer!

+ Heavenly_king on April 27th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

or:

B△TTLE R○YALE: 〤 CH△□S

Without the Playstation part, because it is quite obvious (it will be released on a PS platform, and the symbols lol)

+ Death_Verdict1 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

PLEASE PLEASE Do the following:

Crash Bandicoot from the PS1
Spyro (PS1)
Nathan Drake

Also add in a few characthers from that game series i.e from Uncharted add in Sully
Also i don’t really like the white outline would like to be able to turn that off.
A map creator would be epic.

I know it’s early but I stopped playing wii and my favorite game was Super Smash Brothers and now a PS3 version!? I’ve been waiting a long time

+ Death_Verdict1 on April 27th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said: