GTAV PS4

All Starhawk Beta Players Will Receive Free Gifts

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on May 01, 2012 // President, LightBox Interactive

After years of hard work on Starhawk I am wicked excited to finally announce that Starhawk has gone gold and will be on store shelves in North America on May 8th! GOOOOOAAAAALLLL….D!

Starhawk is not your normal off-the-shelf shooter. We’ve certainly taken some chances with this game, but it’s gonna be worth it: The Build & Battle system alters the traditional shooter recipe in such a way that when you play other shooters you may find yourself frustrated that you can’t build bunkers, walls, outposts, and all the other stuff that Starhawk lets you build. So if you’re a shooter fan looking for a change of pace, definitely pick up Starhawk!

Nothing ever comes easy though, and integrating Build & Battle certainly took a bunch of iteration and refinement both internally during production here at LightBox Interactive and also during our private and public betas. You guys were really great beta testers, so as a “thank you” for your participation we’re giving you two exclusive items.

The first is The Hand of the Founder. It’s an exclusive character accessory for anyone who played in the BETA. It’s a gold, glowing, atom-looking thing that is bonded to your right hand. It’s intended to be a way to show off to your friends and everyone else online that you were one of Starhawk’s founders. That you had a hand in its creation!

The second item is the Warhawk Paint Set. It includes two exclusive vehicle paint schemes that you can use to customize any of your vehicles in Starhawk. The Warhawk Paint Set is available to any Starhawk Beta tester who was *ALSO* a Warhawk player. You get the olive-drab military look of Warhawk’s Eucadians as well as the stealthy, black and gunmetal look of the Chernovans.

Like you heard me say in the video, the release of Starhawk on May 8th is just the beginning! We’re going to be continuing to release updates and refinements to Starhawk to make sure the community is getting the best Starhawk experience we can provide.

86 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ GenXGamer on May 1st, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Hand of the founder’s color, for the Outcast, should be Blue like the rift……IMO.
Awesome Gifts by the way, Thanks Dylan.

+ Harshevik on May 1st, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

do i need the game data or save game from the BETA to get this promo?

+ trustter on May 1st, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for making this game come true.

I didn’t play the Beta a lot cause I saved all my time for the final stuff.

:D

+ avi_66 on May 1st, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

How are guys going to determine if we played Warhawk or not? From PSN?

+ HAYAbUsAmaN on May 1st, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

LIQUID GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDD!!

+ Samanosuke_JJ on May 1st, 2012 at 6:01 pm said:

With the Hand of the Founder be sent to ALL Playstation Plus members? I only played the BETA once so…was there any requirements….?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 1st, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

DAY ONE PURCHASE FOR ME AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE I PRE ORDERED IT..BUT BECAUSE THE BETA WAS ALOT OF FUN…ALTHOUGH I WAS HOPING FOR A BETTER LIMITED EDITION STUFF..RATHER THAN MUSIC AND A VERY VERY OLD GAME – WARHAWK PS ONE – I GUESS THE BETA HAND ORB AND SKINS WILL DO FINE…:P JUST HOPE THE SINGLE PLAYER IS GOOD..I WOULD USUALLY WAIT FOR THE RATING ON A NEW GAME WITH SP…BUT I HAVE FAITH THIS GAME WILL DO WELL..SO KEEP UP THE AMAZING PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVES SONY…LIGHTBOX AND SANTA MONICA STUDIOS..YA GOT MY SUPPORT!

+ scorpio808 on May 1st, 2012 at 6:30 pm said:

I am so glad I got to be a BETA and I still play Warhawk! I am already getting ready on May 8th.

+ BigCee_N_TX1 on May 1st, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

Awesome…..thanks Dylan…..Any internships open up down there yet? lol

+ cavewulf on May 1st, 2012 at 7:28 pm said:

I’m so glad I was a beta tester and I’m really glad I’m a warhawk player so u guys should b seeing me with skins and an atom on me

+ Dudimus24 on May 1st, 2012 at 10:25 pm said:

Warhawk vet and private beta participant here. I will suite my custom paints and bear my orb with honor. Can’t wait for the 8th.

+ Ethereal on May 1st, 2012 at 10:37 pm said:

Thanks for the gifts! Love that kind of stuff. Congratulations to you and the team Dylan, We are ready to support you guys! Keep up the hard work!

+ DROPGRAVY on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

Fantasic, and I also think :

Warhawkers with Platinum trophies should get something special,

+ platanasos on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

Yes. I enjoyed playing the beta. Specially on Sharp_Dagger`s mics only server.

+ A-non-E-moose on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:08 pm said:

How do these perks work? Will the game recognize our usernames as those belonging to the list of people who either Played Starhawk’s Beta or Warhawk?

+ Tom_Warhurst on May 3rd, 2012 at 5:38 am said:

STARHAWK FOR EVER

+ DarkEde on May 4th, 2012 at 1:08 am said:

Actually had a hard time getting in to the Beta and also decided to wait until the finished game however I have my preorder all paid for and am definitely excited to get the Warhawk paint set. The extra gifts are very much appreciated. Thanks.

+ Jerzey_Tha_King on May 5th, 2012 at 6:09 pm said:

GREAT GIFTS FOR US. STARHAWK IS GOING TO BE THE GREASTES GAME EVER! I KAN’T WAIT TILL IT LAUNCHES MAY 8TH! I ALREADY PRE-ORDERED IT!!!! HOPE THAT THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!

+ Bluejays20012 on May 8th, 2012 at 6:14 am said:

when do we get free gifts

+ Jerzey_Tha_King on May 8th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

best game ever period!!!!!!!!!!!

+ jaymanwv on May 8th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Where are the freebies for Warhawk and the Beta??

+ jayman19672 on May 8th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

I wonder how you get the reward? I was a beta tester and I just installed the Starhawk Limited Edition and no rewards, but after the beta was done I deleted the beta off my PS3 to save disk space.

+ Sirynx77 on May 9th, 2012 at 12:20 am said:

I guess people didn’t read what Dylan wrote:

“Both The Hand of the Founder and the Warhawk Paint Set are Starhawk Beta exclusives and are intended to be very special “thank you” items that will never be re-released or sold. And we’ll be making a follow-up post on the specifics of how we’ll be distributing these Beta gifts.”

So, Dylan or someone on his team will be doing a follow up later on. It was never meant to be a Day One. It would have been nice, but I’m guessing that they made this decision to reward the beta testers and Warhawk players after the fact they when they went “gold” with the game. So I will wait because I should be getting both rewards.

For now I’m happy about their announcement about the free DLC map packs they will release in the future. Of course I’m also stoked to be playing the game after all this time.

+ Sirynx77 on May 9th, 2012 at 12:21 am said:

+ KingTygerVII on May 9th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

So when do we get those rewards? just asking… >.>

+ Sum-Mischief on May 9th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Problem with gifts I did not get any of it …. How do you claim gifts ? I did play the private and the PlayStation Plus Beta.

+ roboshawn on May 9th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Yeah, I was in Beta and played Warhawk. I didn’t see any signs of these items yesterday either. Sitting tight to hear news on how to activate/claim them.

I’d wager that they can just send us an email or Playstation ‘gift’ through the PSN or just activated in our game when the game registers that we login to the Starhawk servers and evaluates that we played Beta and/or Warhawk?

+ Arron_Rift on May 13th, 2012 at 8:06 pm said:

Hey,

I Really enjoyed the Beta, but I’m planning on waiting about 2 months until I’m less busy and the prices come down to buy it.

Does anyone know if I need to own a copy of the game before tomorrow in order to get the beta reward code, or will I get one that I can save until I buy my own copy?

Sony, please send it to ALL of us Beta testers!!!!

And thanks Lightbox, for the awesome Beta and what looks like an AMAZING game!

+ Arron_Rift on May 13th, 2012 at 8:17 pm said:

Oh, and if anyone else knows the answer to my above question, I’d really appreciate it if they could answer also.

Thanks :)

+ Gr8White_Bear on May 14th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

Cool! I participated in the Public Beta!

+ mistasmooth25 on May 14th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

So, when will we actually get our free gifts. I assumed we might get them on the release, but I still haven’t gotten mine yet.

+ Gr8White_Bear on May 16th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

I participated in the Public Beta for Starhawk. I still did not get my Hand of the Founder.

+ Sirynx77 on May 16th, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

I’m surprised that someone at Lightbox Interactive hasn’t posted anything yet about this. I just saw this on my facebook page. There is a post from them on the Starhawk official facebook page that explains that not all beta testers got their gifts. However they have a solution to this. You can go to their site:
http://www.lightboxinteractive.com/Starhawk-BETA-Gifts There you can submit your info so they can crosscheck their Starhawk Beta player list and their Warhawk player list to verity that you participated.

Again the site is:

Maybe someone moderating this PlayStation blog should ask a Lightbox team member to place this info officially on this site.

+ dolphin_24dragon on May 24th, 2012 at 5:09 am said:

Best game I have ever played the beta was awesome

+ CEMc-98 on May 29th, 2012 at 8:20 pm said:

Hope i get my beta gifts. i was a warhawk player for 3 years AND participated in the Public beta. not much, as i thought the game was bad. but i DID join a match as an outcast a bit so DONT TELL ME i didnt play it. i was WRONG. the game is AWESOME JOBE you guys at LightBox Interactive did an AMAZING job. LONG LIVE PLAY! HALLELUJAH!

+ CEMc-98 on May 29th, 2012 at 8:22 pm said:

PS: my comment was unorganized. i MEANT i was wrong about thinking the game was bad. : ) hope this game continues as good as it is right now, although the Flak is a little overpowered… great job nonetheless.

PAGE 1 2