PS4 - Destiny

Pre-Order Starhawk For Lots Of Free Stuff!

Harvard Bonin's Avatar + Posted by Harvard Bonin on May 02, 2012 // Senior Producer, SCEA

Starhawk Fans!

As you know Starhawk will be released far and wide starting Tuesday, May 8th. We announced a while back that you can get over $20 worth of BONUS DLC content FOR FREE if you pre-order the game from GameStop, but what you haven’t seen is what these FREE items actually look like in-game before today. So, I’ll let Dylan Jobe, the President of LightBox Interactive, explain it and show it all off in the game – FOR FREE!!!!

If that’s not enough, click on this FREE link to find out more.

It’s a deal that’s really too good to pass up…unless, you know…you don’t like great deals….but I would not FREELY admit that…

Here’s what you get in old-fashioned text typy stuff if you don’t have the FREEDOM to click the link.

Starhawk for PS3: Maw

FREE! Maw of Despair Outcast Pack

Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior Multiplayer Skin. This challenging Co-Op Mission takes place deep beneath the planetary surface at a Rift Mine known as the Maw of Despair, the most dangerous Rift Mine on the Planet Dust and home to the oldest Outcast Tribe – the Shade Warriors. With each Shade Warrior having a heart of pure Rift Energy along with enhanced toughness and combat skill, players will experience fire-fights in the Maw of Despair Co-Op Mission that will be the true test of their shooter skill.

Starhawk for PS3: Scrapyard

FREE! Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack
Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin. An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard known throughout the Frontier as THE best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below Huxley’s shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills. Homeworlds are great for partying up with friends or clan mates before a long night of online gaming. Think of them as really cool, social lobbies.

Starhawk for PS3: Limited Edition Theme

FREE! Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme
Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that helped bring the Starhawk universe to life.

Starhawk for PS3

FREE! Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone)
Download and play the title that started it all!

Starhawk for PS3 Soundtrack

FREE! Official Starhawk Soundtrack
Listen to this amazing soundtrack composed by Christopher Lennertz.

PS Plus

FREE! One Month of PlayStation Plus
Your V.I.P access to the best that PlayStation Network has to offer for less than five bucks a month!

Do it. Do it…

PAGE 1 2

+ altrodesi on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

wow…time to pre order!

+ Tremulan777 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

sweet i got my pre-order

+ Tremulan777 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

now i just have to fix my ps3 i got the yellow light of death :(

+ Audioboxer on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:19 am said:

UK pre-order bonus? :(

+ iNvidious02 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

the beta sucked, felt nothing like warhawk which was fantastic. no chance im buying this let alone placing a pre-order.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

sorry you feel that way. If you got into the Beta early and never returned you didn’t experience all the updates we did with Warhawk players in mind. Either way, good luck to you.

+ WrekGar on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:36 am said:

Pre-order in (check), Pre-order bonus (check) Beta bonus (check). Picking game up as store opens DEFINITELY!

+ Superstrokey1123 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:40 am said:

Im already a member of PS+ (till late 2013 if i recall right), do i get the month added on to my sub if i preorder? Im really wanting this game but i have not been able to play the beta as i have been to busy.

Anyone care to talk about it a bit from a hands on perspective.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

I actually don’t know. I suspect that it wouldn’t matter until you cancelled then re-upped.

+ Tremulan777 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

So the $10 off the headset is at gamestop? Is it any brand or just the sony brand? If it is sony it’s good deal

+ TroubleMaker411 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

Awesome.

Pre-order is in and my affairs are in order ready to disappear into this for a while!

However, SONY, I do NOT need $10 off the wireless headset.
I already have a headset. The PS3 branded 7.1 wireless one.

It would be really cool if it worked properly in time for Starhawk’s release. Because as your man said, it’s all about team play and I need a fully functioning headset to do it!

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

We have made a lot of updates to the mic system in Starhawk since the Beta. No doubt, we’ll continue to do so.

+ Tremulan777 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:55 am said:

@9 man that sucks that you’re having trouble with you headset. I know it’s a really good one, but if you can get the most of it, it sucks

+ TroubleMaker411 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:58 am said:

@10
It was awesome.
Battlefield 3 was a whole different world with it.

Then 4.10 hit and everything that I say is echoed into my ears. It’s no good for online play anymore.

It’s a shame, because like you said, it’s a good model!

+ Tremulan777 on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

@11 I thought sony try to fix the problem with some updates, but guess they didn’t

+ Heavenly_king on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

The sad thing about this, is that even though the game looks TERRIFIC!!!! I don’t see any advertisement for the game :(. People out there needs to know how amazing this game is!!!!

+ luvtoseek on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

Whoa. Nice package, thanks Lightbox! Okay, I’m going to do it!!

+ MarinoBrea on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

…and this is my (funny grave voice) “GO ADVERTISE THE GAME”…

+ GibbShift on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

Gonna pay off my pre-order tomorrow. Might throw in a few trades to get even more off that official bluetooth headset.

+ windsmere on May 2nd, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Shame, though, I will not shop at GameStop. If only they had these pre-order bonuses at Best Buy or Amazon.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

im not impressed with the free OLD WARHAWK GAME or the MUSIC – although i have alot of respect for those that made the music for the game..i just rather enjoy the music while playing the game.But i guess i cant complain if its FREE..so again..6 more days to go!!

+ IceColdKilla44 on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Consider it done, LightBox!

+ GGCAN on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

We have the option in Canada to pre-order from Gamestop, but the shipping is 14.99 !

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

yikes….that is rough

+ KidCommando on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Haven’t been to Gamestop in a long while but will be stopping in today to make my pre-order.

Starhawk has that much power over my principles. :)

+ MarinoBrea on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

I wonder why they don’t include PS3 Warhawk in the Limited Edition, do they think everyone who would buy that edition is already a Warhawk veteran? Or are they afraid newcomers would pick up the Limited Edition and instead of playing Starhawk would rather play PS3 Warhawk? lol….

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

Neither. Warhawk for the PSOne just seemed like a fun, nostalgic item to add. We never considered offering PS3 Warhawk.

+ W-8oRd3rPaTr0l-J on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

As with many other people, all I wanted was Warhawk 2, because in my opinion Warhawk was probably my fav. game of all time. I played it countless hours. All I wanted was warhawk 2 and get stuck with this crap. Played the Beta and felt the controls were horrible, didn’t have any enjoyment in the game at all. I hate the play to unlock stuff strategy. I like games based on skill not how long you’ve played the game, which is why I loved Warhawk and Socom Confrontation so much. Oh well, so many great games out there to play that I can skip this one. Maybe after this game is a mild success you’ll actually listen to your paying customers.

+ ERC1980 on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

cannot wait to pick this up

Tried out the sp campaign at the best buy in yorba linda, CA this past saturday….

and it was really intense. the AI is top notch and caught me by surprise a couple of times. nice visuals and a stellar storyline to boot. got some free swag for attending the event.

wish you were there Harvard, would have liked to meet you in person!

+ Blinken on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

I pre-ordered Starhawk back in March from Gamestop. Can’t wait to get it next week.

+ KingTygerVII on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

SO, Pre-ordered since i tried the beta, but what i am really looking for? is the original Warhawk, i cant tell you how much frustration it gave me to beat it but i loved it so much, and went in another 5 times to finish it, and back then i didnt have trophies hahaha, which the PS one classic had trophies, cause before when you actually accomplished something hard in a game, you felt like you deserved something hahahhaa.

+ Vladimir_Cross on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

I’ve had my copy pre-ordered for a while now. I’m just mad at myself for not being able to participate in the Beta for those extra bonuses. I had the chance, had a beta code and the PS+ perk, but I could never find the time to get around downloading it to play it.

+ KwietStorm on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

GIVE US FREE

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Yeah thanks for forgetting about the people who pre-order it on amazon. I’m not getting anything but the game. But that’s fine. I’ve got Dragons Dogma to play as well.

+ MaDogNik96 on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Am I the only one who was wondering what the “Echo Scrapyard Homeworld” was. This is finally the first time hearing the details about it for me. I couldn’t find any info on it anywhere. Thanks Dylan, for explaining it on here. Can’t wait for this game. Been waiting for it since playing Warhawk. Between the pre-order bonuses, the beta bonuses, and the Warhawk + beta bonuses, I’m gonna have a lot of extras to play with. I think I’m most excited about the co-op mode though :).

+ PlatinumGuns on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Gotta make it into Gamestop in the next few days to get this set up. Really excited to have a new multiplayer game :)

+ PowerCorruption on May 2nd, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Giving out the PS3 Warhawk (and DLC) would have been an awesome pre-order bonus. I hope that community doesn’t die down, as I still think it’s better than Starhawk…but I’m sure I’ll grow to love Starhawk.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

save your opinion till you play the full version. The Beta was just a Beta

+ Airwalkinman17 on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

SOLD!
I was sold a long time ago! This is just icing on the cake. I loved Warhawk, and this Starhawk is even better!!!
So excited. The anticipation is killing me!

+ JimmyHandsome on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Why is the “homeworld” not part of the regular edition? It seems like something that SHOULD be. everything else is just typical filler pre-order stuff, but I’m pretty annoyed that the homeworld was purposedly left out of the regular edition.

+ Poozilla024 on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Dont know what everyones fuss about the wireless 7.1 headset is i have 2 and they work fine that background noise u get when ur playing a game with the mic on is the same background noise u would get on any headset/mic combo.If it bothers u that much and its really not noticiable unless u have the game volume completely off then turn the game volume up more and adjust the ingame voice volume higher so u can hear ur friends.But when u have the slider right in the middle of game and chat theres not really much noise that u can hear besides the game or ur friends.

+ Dragonsmana on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Very cool, preordered over a month ago myself lol.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on May 2nd, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Dylan Jobe just made me pre-order Starhawk! XDD
really funny video :)

+ KidCommando on May 2nd, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

@JimmyHandsome

I am almost positive there will be one or other homeworlds in the main game for everybody. This one in particular, The Scrapyard, is just exclusive to pre-order people.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

+ Harvard Bonin on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

you are correct

+ bgardner on May 2nd, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Dylan Jobe you are so beast

+ JimmyHandsome on May 2nd, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

@kidcommando, ok thanks for clarifiying that. It wasn’t very clear in the video

+ Emerald_Swords on May 2nd, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

No amazon love?? =(

+ DarkOne_PR on May 2nd, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

Mine fully paid a month ago :)

+ Hooligantuan on May 2nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Hey, let’s preorder and get stuff to help us break open barrels of alien energy.

I am way into barrels.

+ D-Squad3 on May 2nd, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

I wish I liked this game.

+ MushThePainter on May 2nd, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Wow I can’t wait for this game, I knew about most of the bonuses but I didn’t know about the soundtrack and free month of plus, this makes me happy!

+ cfountain on May 2nd, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

nothing…nothing at all for Amazon…really is a shame that I get nothing at all for pre-orderering at my preferred location. funny thing is GameStop isnt even promoting this game either but they get all the goods. At least Amazon sent emails telling people about it.

Really disappointed but I still can’t wait for my copy to show up next Tuesday.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on May 2nd, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

@ 46
I totally agree. I prefer Amazon too. It is a bit cheaper, you can still get it the same day too. It’s mailed to you, so it saves you time and money. There is usually a discount and nice pre-order bonus (or something stupid like a stafff for harry potter). Most people I know don’t pre-order games though. The ones that do have some complex about getting it anywhere but Gamestop (as if it’s any better). The internet rules and Gamestop doesn’t have great customer service. I’ve been to many locations state wide and they all are the same. I pre-ordered Dead Island and didn’t get my limited edition and that was the last straw for me. I don’t like waiting in line if I don’t have to as well. The pre-order system on PSN is looking to be quite promising by the way. Hopefully PS Plus will be more involved with it though!

+ vza004 on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:01 pm said:

GameStop is a bad place to pre-order from, online anyways. They freaking charge you separate shipping cost for other same day release games and claimed: “Oh, we might not get the games on the same day so you’ll have to pay separate shipping for it.”

+ platanasos on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

I preordered it wit rush delivery from game stop.

+ sekaniy on May 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

I’m in! I bet Gamestop payed a pretty penny to have the exclusive.

PAGE 1 2