PS4-Watch_Dogs

Meet Assassin’s Creed III’s Connor in this First Gameplay Trailer

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on May 10, 2012 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Hey there PlayStation Assassins!

The World Premiere Gameplay Trailer of Assassin’s Creed III is finally here! We know you’ve been waiting for this since the initial announcement back in March, so go ahead and watch it right now… I’ll be right here when you’re done.

Okay, now that you’ve been properly introduced to Connor, our new Assassin, there are a couple of things in this video that I’d like to call your attention to.

Firstly, there are the basics of Connor’s character. He is a brutally effective Assassin, taking down his targets with speed and dexterity. Note how he flows across the battlefield, moving from one kill to another in a seamless, unbroken pace until finally finishing his target with vicious grace. There’s also Connor’s Native American/English heritage, which adds complexity and richness to his motivation.

On top of the incredibly fluid combat, Connor is generally more agile and deft in his movements, easily able to employ all of the trademark maneuvers of the Assassin. Now, however, Connor can travel through the trees as effortlessly as he sprints across rooftops and, for the first time in the Assassin’s Creed series, barrel through open windows, using building interiors to obscure his escape!

We also get a peek at how Connor will interact with some famous historical figures (who’s the guy with the cigar?) as well as wildlife in this trailer, showing off just the tiniest fraction of the vast living world the Assassin’s Creed series is known for.

There’s still so much more to reveal, but all that will have to wait. There’s still so much more to reveal, so stay tuned! Assassin’s Creed III launches on October 30.

Ignite the revolution!

UbiGabe

36 Comments

+ Xcaligamer1 on May 10th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

so we’re not getting the avenger’s game huh?

+ igorkop on May 10th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

second! i so want to see this but this comes up when i press ‘play’….

‘The requested video is not allowed to be played in embedded players.’

Can you fix it pretty please?

+ ACDarkKnight on May 10th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

The trailer looks awesome! I can’t wait for October, I already have my money down!

+ shortyvs on May 10th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

It’s looking better and better every time. Can’t wait for this game!

+ D1renegade on May 10th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

And I still haven’t seen Connor take out any Americans.. Just Redcoats.. Very disappointing.

+ CiscoKid_22_ on May 10th, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

Looking really impressive. Still want to get a Benjamin Martin DLC character though!

+ Fred_K_Krueger on May 10th, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

@Xcaligamer1 Just go play Ultimate Alliance

+ thunderbear on May 10th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Looks awesome, first Assassin’s Creed I’m excited about since the first one!

+ ATES on May 10th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

October is so far away but cannot wait to play this like the past assassin creeds it will be great

+ Berae on May 10th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Loving the new additions, fight with animals, we can pass through buildings and new environment, I didnt get the last Assassins creed because I didnt like Ezio that much and it was around him for the last 3 games but this one is looking great so far. Looking forward for more infos.

+ Kalakaua on May 10th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

OMG OMG OMG! That was awesome. Just pre-ordered it off Amazon. Well played Ubisoft, well played.

+ Heavenly_king on May 10th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Looks really good. Looks like a fusion between Red Dead Redemption & Assassins Creed XD

+ Zarxce on May 10th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

You could have just posted “You can assassinate bears!” and nothing else…..and you would have sold 10 million copies with just that alone.

I’m thinking ACIII may very well win GOTY this year. I know it’s easily my most anticipated so far.

I do have one question (not sure if I’ll get a reply though…), but will that “Gamestop exclusive” single player mission be available as DLC later on? I already preordered it at Futureshop and got my steel case….but I do really enjoy single player DLC (feels more worthwhile than spending 15 bucks on a multiplayer map…)

+ FearMonkey on May 10th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

I still haven’t played AC2,Brotherhood or Revelations yet. I hope they come out with ah AC2 collection before AC3 comes out. Possibly all three games on one blu-ray disc. That would be sweet. :)

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 10th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Will we be hearing about Assassins Creed Vita anytime soon? E3? Is it gonna be ACIII on Vita or a new experience? Will it be Conor or another new character? Wud luv to see an India setting

+ Rene_Led on May 10th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

This game looks great everytime I research on it :)

Can’t wait to see the game’s E3 Trailer and game release in October!
Now im just waiting for a release of a potential AC3 Collector’s edition :)

+ TMAZT3R on May 10th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Stabby stabby *cry cry cry* I love you!!!

+ Neil on May 10th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

What if I never played Assassins Creed before? Can I jump in this one without having played the previous ones?

minus points if the response is “you don’t have to play them but you should”

+ CommandingTiger on May 10th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

This games looks awesome, the new engine really defines real next-gen graphics that is to be found on Optical Discs Consoles such as the PS3.
I know they’ll have a few extra features for the Touch Screen of the Wii U.
I was wondering if Ubisoft will do the same for PS3 and PS Vita? I know that Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 is not only cross-play but will use the touch screen and use the Vita as an PS3 controller.
Is that something the AC3 team is looking into? (Using the Vita as an PS3 controller.)
And will there be some forms of cross platform of the Vita and the PS3 like AC2 had with the PSP?

+ Okanieba1 on May 10th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

All this would be good, but right now im upset at sony cause wtf is up with being closed 2 times this week on home, thats not cool, especially to those that have invested more than 300 dollars into home, SONY, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BEHINDS AND TREAT YOUR CLIENTS RIGHT.

+ CommandingTiger on May 10th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

@Neil
Yes, even if you never played the other ones before, it’s a new character with a new story line. So you won’t have any problems getting into the story. The only *small part* will be Desmond part of the story, who lives in the present. But don’t worry about that, I didn’t played AC1 and played into AC2 and I was able to follow the story.

+ ReptileHand on May 10th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Super hyped! I knew gamestop would be the only to get the bonus content. That’s why I pre-ordered from there when it was first announced. But great. I mean. Just one single mission. That’s great. I mean If I’m paying $60 for it… you might want to throw in a little bit more. But hopefully they’ll add more bonuses as time goes on. I mean that’s all the U.S. is getting anyways, right? I would instantly upgrade to the Freedom Edition if it were available. I mean Europe always gets 3 or 4 separate editions for the game. Seriously every time, 3 different editions. While we just get a tiny bit of downloadable content. I love this game so much but I have nothing to show for it really. I don’t want to buy a region locked game with region locked DLC. I want to show off, I bought the AC3 freedom edition because I love this game so much! I’m loving my steelbook case though. But, it’s okay. I have faith in you guys please look into it. If you can respond as to why we aren’t getting it then I’ll be satisfied with that. I like explanations.

+ Yohmaru_EX on May 10th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

AWESOME!!!!!!

@1 – i fell the same, WHY WE AREN’T GOING TO RECEIVE AVENGERS GAME???? Hey Sony, come on, it’s time for a good marvel game!!

+ The_Apprentice on May 10th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

omg……. *dies*

+ gamer_316 on May 10th, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

I so badly want this game, I love the AC series

+ Alyyse on May 10th, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

its going to be a good one

+ Akibara12 on May 10th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

Wow theres been a lot of interesting changes. I’m really excited about this game but theres one big question that North Americans have for you Ubisoft and I’m pretty sure someone already posted it already but will there be a collector’s edition for North America (and Canada)? We missed one awesome collector’s edition for Revelations.

One thing I don’t get is why are some people so offended by Connor only killing Red Coats (British people)? People are taking this game way too seriously. This new Assassin’s Creed’s time line revolves around the American Revolution and obviously the British were mainly the enemy of both settling and Native Americans during the time. And yes I know in the interview (and the game) the developers said Connor sides himself only with the Assassin, meaning settlers of the Americas (non native americans) could be templars as well. So I’m pretty sure he will be taking out American Templars. So some people should stop thinking that this game is racist. Its starting to feel like RE5 all over again.

+ Tezla55 on May 10th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

Anyone else notice the pain sounds are the same one used in the game Happy Wheels?

+ WastelandDan on May 10th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

@27 I’ll tell you why they bash the American perspective…because its the HIP thing to do right now.

Me? I’m personally super excited for the obvious patriotic bias, I mean com’on its the dag’on revolutionary war for petes sake! Just wait till the game progresses to modern times if you want a game with America as the big bad wolf!

Game stop, no thanks.

Better not play DLC favs to the xbox either…

+ chrisglenn on May 10th, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

looks nice ive always been a fan of assassin creed in the one after this what would be interesting is seeing a African american assassin

+ kage_no_kingu on May 10th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

This game will definitely be on my “must by list” for this year!

+ AizawaYuuichi on May 11th, 2012 at 4:20 am said:

@chrisgless: Make that a female african american, and I’m all in! We need a female assassin already, seriously.

@Neil: You SHOULD have to play them, but you don’t.
Seriously, if you have to ask that, don’t even bother. Either buy the game and play it and if you’re confused then get the earlier ones and play them, or get it and play it and be happy, confused or not. In a story-centric franchise, you should always play the earlier entries if you want to fully understand what’s going on (or read up on a Wiki). If you want to be able to play a game from a series that has a large number at the end of the title, stick to Final Fantasy, or most shooters. Those barely have stories to even worry about, let alone needing to know what happened in prior entries most of the time.

I’m not even going to bother watching the trailer. I know I want the game. I have it paid off already, pending a more expensive LE/CE announcement. I don’t want to spoil anything more at this point.

+ LordDust on May 11th, 2012 at 6:11 am said:

Assassin’s Creed III looks freakin awesome

+ LonoftheDead on May 11th, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

Already have it pre-ordered! <3

+ big_king_kill on May 11th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Pre-ordered it!!

+ Lemondish on May 13th, 2012 at 3:24 pm said:

I’d likely be interested in this if it wasn’t for the fact that my country was pieced together by the loyalists the assassin in the above trailer so gleefully massacres. I’ve played enough chest thumping American video games with the Call of Duty, Medal of Honour, and Battlefield series that I’m actually a little disappointed to see yet another franchise fall into that trap. Trap may be a misnomer given how well this stuff sells. Oh well.