PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Blogcast 024: From Canada With Love

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 10, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

Because our hearts pump not rich salty blood, but sweet, sweet maple syrup, Jeff, Rey and I decided to head to Toronto, Ontario to record this week’s very special episode of PlayStation Blogcast. The spotlight is on the Canadian indie development scene in today’s double-stuffed show, and we get first word of Zombie Tycoon 2 for PS3 and PS Vita (and Lights, Camera, Party) from Frima Studio, quiz Queasy Games wunderkind Jonathan Mak on Sound Shapes and his origins as a game developer, and discuss recent enhancements to PSN exclusive Papo & Yo with Producer Charles William from Minority, And hey, we even interview Atlus USA legend Aram Jabbari for a deep dive on next week’s PS3 RPG Game of Thrones: The Game. It didn’t have anything to do with Canada, but hey, we’re cool like that.

That’s in addition to exclusive first details on next week’s PSN game lineup, as per usual, and a single, glorious user tip. Oh, and plenty of poutine talk! Listen in and let us know what you think in the comments…and shed a single tear for our friend Nick Suttner, who is currently vacationing in his ancestral homeland of South Africa.

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanJeff Rubenstein

No-Nick-SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Shane Bettenhausen – Account Support Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

+ MiiAmigo on May 10th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

What, no Guacamelee news?!? So dissapointed if it’s not mentioned Off I go to listen to podcast.

+ Kchow23 on May 10th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

@Jeff If you get to be in Vancouver any time soon… Try the smoked salmon if you haven’t already, could very well compete with poutine :)

+ MiiAmigo on May 10th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Drinkbox needs to bring Guacamelee to PSN. Please make it happen.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 10th, 2012 at 9:58 pm said:

Can’t wait to hear more about anything Drinkbox.

+ ItaChu on May 10th, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

Stuff We Talked About

im sure you guys talked about more than 4 things lol

+ bakerarmy on May 10th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

Hey everyone. Don’t want to go off subject, so I will keep it short and sweet. (no ranting)

I just checked the EU PSN site on my Ipod touch. It asked if I wanted to download the App. Any news on a US version?

Also the only reason I go there is to get my portable trophy. The US version is very basic and limited, yet the EU one has themes and a lot more.

Where is the love?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 11th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

No word yet, but let me check into it. Thanks for your patience!

+ ItaChu on May 10th, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

download what app @5 lol

+ MrTynamite on May 10th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

When is the LBP Vita beta?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 11th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

Coming up, but no timing details to share yet. When there are, you’ll hear about it here!

+ Heavenly_king on May 10th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

considering that Shane works for SCEA, he should have his own pic I guess

+ YungShep on May 10th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

@7 U were supposed to sign up already, u get an email confirmation when it start..

+ invading_space on May 10th, 2012 at 5:53 pm said:

Hey if any of the blogcasters are still in Toronto give me a psn message and I will buy you beer! We can shoot the breeze

+ bakerarmy on May 10th, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

@ ItaChu

I went to the mobile UK playstation site. They recently released a App. I can’t download it since I live in the states. Not sure about your lol?

Keep up the good work with the blogcast. Any chance of a video cast in the future? Offer both if it is a bandwidth issue

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 11th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

No update on the US iOS/Android app yet, but hope to know more soon. Thanks for the patience! As for a video podcast, it’s not a priority for me — what makes a good audio podcast is bad for making a good video, and vice-versa.

+ Tremulan777 on May 10th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

any discount for pixejunk 4am, for plus members?

+ DION3TO on May 10th, 2012 at 6:44 pm said:

Good blogcast. I am so looking forward to getting to know the next PSN releases, specially the full list of Ubisoft’s next big deal :D

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 10th, 2012 at 6:50 pm said:

Man, hearing Jonathan Mak talk about the state of games today and how he goes about making games I was like “This guy gets it”. I don’t like the direction the games industry is heading and I think the next generation I might even bow out. For me I feel like the Vita has all the potential in the world to be the best gaming system ever. I’ll be picking up one of those instead whatever console comes out in the future.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 11th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Great talk, wasn’t it?

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 10th, 2012 at 6:51 pm said:

instead of*

+ WastelandDan on May 10th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

i-tunes you say?!

*Off he skipps to i-tunes…

+ WastelandDan on May 10th, 2012 at 7:18 pm said:

@7 LBPvitaBeta???

I was directed to the site to sign up from facebook yesterday, I did so 12hours after it was posted up though…crossing my fingers I didnt miss my chance. I’d head to the site right now if I was you, just google LBP, its right there…

I THINK it also had info on the start date if thats what you ment instead BTW.

+ boxmyth on May 10th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

I hope you guys discuss Soul Sacrifice soon. It’s looking amazing.
    It better damn well come to the USA :)

+ camiwaits_us on May 10th, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

Do you guys have any info on Retro City Rampage?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 11th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

Veeery soon. :) It’s coming to Vita!

+ trapper12 on May 10th, 2012 at 8:45 pm said:

Hey guys,

I heard a PS Vita title named Frobisher Says is coming to the U.S. since the game originally launched in Europe during launch. Is this true?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 11th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

It is coming! Timing details TBA, stay tuned

+ Akibara12 on May 10th, 2012 at 11:19 pm said:

The song is “The Natural Playboy” from Bust-A-Groove! Instant PS1 Classic XP

+ CaliDro213 on May 10th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

ROBUST!!!!!!

+ pa101902 on May 11th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Sweet! Thanks guys for reading my MK vita tip! Even better?… you guys pronounced my name right – last name too! You don’t know how often it gets butchered. Thanks again.

+ legendkiller08 on May 11th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Hey does anyone know how long it takes for the blogcast to respond to emails? I won the mystery theme last week and still haven’t gotten any notice yet.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 16th, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

You should have it now!

+ LA_MECHITA78 on May 11th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

everything is good the info is very new always they are the first one with the new releases for next week, But when they start to mention the new releases of PSN i feel like they trying to sale the games for them every single game is perfect and they trying everything and 100% of the games are good, sorry but that is just no posible i have like 50 psn games and no all them are perfect like they trying to sale,
    guys please focus try to be more objectives because you can lose the credibility, try to forget for a moment you work for PS remove you salesman mentallity and be for a moment in the gamers side
    i hope you take this critic in a good way and this can help you to make a perfect show thanks and keep the hard work

PSN ID LA_MECHITA78
    James Cardona

+ jgrizzle358 on May 11th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

is it just me or does Shane Bettenhausen sound like one of the voices on the Machinima series “Sonic for Hire”?

+ Jeeves_Tremor on May 11th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

You guys came to Toronto and you didn’t even warn me!? I’m still bummed I didn’t see you guys at the last October preview event!

+ ACtripxl on May 12th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

Why do you guys pronounce it (Oh-be-soft) when the guys FROM Ubisoft say (U-be-soft), I believe was once on Qore if I’m not mistaken.

+ ACtripxl on May 12th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

OOh

+ ACtripxl on May 12th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

There really needs to be an edit function on this, anyways here’s another vid I found with the correct pronunciation and reasoning.

+ Dbritton on May 14th, 2012 at 8:21 pm said:

I love that Shane finally made an appearance on the show. ‘Man God’ needs to be a frequent guest. His gaming knowledge is untouchable, so take advantage of the insane gaming/weird pop culture genius you have working at Sony. Really though, I would love to know about the games he is helping get put out on PSN.
    Thanks for the great show every week and I hope you go big with E3 content this year.