PlayStation VR

May 10

May 10

PlayStation Blogcast 024: From Canada With Love

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

Because our hearts pump not rich salty blood, but sweet, sweet maple syrup, Jeff, Rey and I decided to head to Toronto, Ontario to record this week’s very special episode of PlayStation Blogcast. The spotlight is on the Canadian indie development scene in today’s double-stuffed show, and we get first word of Zombie Tycoon 2 for PS3 and PS Vita (and Lights, Camera, Party) from Frima Studio, quiz Queasy Games wunderkind Jonathan Mak on Sound Shapes and his origins as a game developer, and discuss recent enhancements to PSN exclusive Papo & Yo with Producer Charles William from Minority, And hey, we even interview Atlus USA legend Aram Jabbari for a deep dive on next week’s PS3 RPG Game of Thrones: The Game. It didn’t have anything to do with Canada, but hey, we’re cool like that.

That’s in addition to exclusive first details on next week’s PSN game lineup, as per usual, and a single, glorious user tip. Oh, and plenty of poutine talk! Listen in and let us know what you think in the comments…and shed a single tear for our friend Nick Suttner, who is currently vacationing in his ancestral homeland of South Africa.

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanJeff Rubenstein

No-Nick-SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Shane Bettenhausen – Account Support Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

Add Your Own

MiiAmigo said:

May 10th, 5:03 pm

What, no Guacamelee news?!? So dissapointed if it’s not mentioned Off I go to listen to podcast.

Kchow23 said:

May 10th, 5:05 pm

@Jeff If you get to be in Vancouver any time soon… Try the smoked salmon if you haven’t already, could very well compete with poutine :)

MiiAmigo said:

May 10th, 5:11 pm

Drinkbox needs to bring Guacamelee to PSN. Please make it happen.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 10th, 9:58 pm

Can’t wait to hear more about anything Drinkbox.

ItaChu said:

May 10th, 5:17 pm

Stuff We Talked About

im sure you guys talked about more than 4 things lol

bakerarmy said:

May 10th, 5:26 pm

Hey everyone. Don’t want to go off subject, so I will keep it short and sweet. (no ranting)

I just checked the EU PSN site on my Ipod touch. It asked if I wanted to download the App. Any news on a US version?

Also the only reason I go there is to get my portable trophy. The US version is very basic and limited, yet the EU one has themes and a lot more.

Where is the love?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 11th, 4:54 pm

No word yet, but let me check into it. Thanks for your patience!

ItaChu said:

May 10th, 5:33 pm

download what app @5 lol

MrTynamite said:

May 10th, 5:46 pm

When is the LBP Vita beta?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 11th, 4:53 pm

Coming up, but no timing details to share yet. When there are, you’ll hear about it here!

Heavenly_king said:

May 10th, 5:49 pm

considering that Shane works for SCEA, he should have his own pic I guess

YungShep said:

May 10th, 5:49 pm

@7 U were supposed to sign up already, u get an email confirmation when it start..

invading_space said:

May 10th, 5:53 pm

Hey if any of the blogcasters are still in Toronto give me a psn message and I will buy you beer! We can shoot the breeze

bakerarmy said:

May 10th, 6:13 pm

@ ItaChu

I went to the mobile UK playstation site. They recently released a App. I can’t download it since I live in the states. Not sure about your lol?

Keep up the good work with the blogcast. Any chance of a video cast in the future? Offer both if it is a bandwidth issue

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 11th, 4:53 pm

No update on the US iOS/Android app yet, but hope to know more soon. Thanks for the patience! As for a video podcast, it’s not a priority for me — what makes a good audio podcast is bad for making a good video, and vice-versa.

Tremulan777 said:

May 10th, 6:20 pm

any discount for pixejunk 4am, for plus members?

DION3TO said:

May 10th, 6:44 pm

Good blogcast. I am so looking forward to getting to know the next PSN releases, specially the full list of Ubisoft’s next big deal :D

Robbie_G_lrish said:

May 10th, 6:50 pm

Man, hearing Jonathan Mak talk about the state of games today and how he goes about making games I was like “This guy gets it”. I don’t like the direction the games industry is heading and I think the next generation I might even bow out. For me I feel like the Vita has all the potential in the world to be the best gaming system ever. I’ll be picking up one of those instead whatever console comes out in the future.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 11th, 4:52 pm

Great talk, wasn’t it?

Robbie_G_lrish said:

May 10th, 6:51 pm

instead of*

WastelandDan said:

May 10th, 7:13 pm

i-tunes you say?!

*Off he skipps to i-tunes…

WastelandDan said:

May 10th, 7:18 pm

@7 LBPvitaBeta???

I was directed to the site to sign up from facebook yesterday, I did so 12hours after it was posted up though…crossing my fingers I didnt miss my chance. I’d head to the site right now if I was you, just google LBP, its right there…

I THINK it also had info on the start date if thats what you ment instead BTW.

boxmyth said:

May 10th, 7:38 pm

I hope you guys discuss Soul Sacrifice soon. It’s looking amazing.
    It better damn well come to the USA :)

camiwaits_us said:

May 10th, 7:39 pm

Do you guys have any info on Retro City Rampage?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 11th, 4:38 pm

Veeery soon. :) It’s coming to Vita!

trapper12 said:

May 10th, 8:45 pm

Hey guys,

I heard a PS Vita title named Frobisher Says is coming to the U.S. since the game originally launched in Europe during launch. Is this true?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 11th, 4:38 pm

It is coming! Timing details TBA, stay tuned

Akibara12 said:

May 10th, 11:19 pm

The song is “The Natural Playboy” from Bust-A-Groove! Instant PS1 Classic XP

CaliDro213 said:

May 10th, 11:36 pm

ROBUST!!!!!!

pa101902 said:

May 11th, 8:43 am

Sweet! Thanks guys for reading my MK vita tip! Even better?… you guys pronounced my name right – last name too! You don’t know how often it gets butchered. Thanks again.

legendkiller08 said:

May 11th, 2:45 pm

Hey does anyone know how long it takes for the blogcast to respond to emails? I won the mystery theme last week and still haven’t gotten any notice yet.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 16th, 4:27 pm

You should have it now!

LA_MECHITA78 said:

May 11th, 3:44 pm

everything is good the info is very new always they are the first one with the new releases for next week, But when they start to mention the new releases of PSN i feel like they trying to sale the games for them every single game is perfect and they trying everything and 100% of the games are good, sorry but that is just no posible i have like 50 psn games and no all them are perfect like they trying to sale,
    guys please focus try to be more objectives because you can lose the credibility, try to forget for a moment you work for PS remove you salesman mentallity and be for a moment in the gamers side
    i hope you take this critic in a good way and this can help you to make a perfect show thanks and keep the hard work

PSN ID LA_MECHITA78
    James Cardona

jgrizzle358 said:

May 11th, 4:47 pm

is it just me or does Shane Bettenhausen sound like one of the voices on the Machinima series “Sonic for Hire”?

Jeeves_Tremor said:

May 11th, 6:43 pm

You guys came to Toronto and you didn’t even warn me!? I’m still bummed I didn’t see you guys at the last October preview event!

ACtripxl said:

May 12th, 4:28 pm

Why do you guys pronounce it (Oh-be-soft) when the guys FROM Ubisoft say (U-be-soft), I believe was once on Qore if I’m not mistaken.

ACtripxl said:

May 12th, 4:29 pm

OOh

ACtripxl said:

May 12th, 4:31 pm

There really needs to be an edit function on this, anyways here’s another vid I found with the correct pronunciation and reasoning.

Dbritton said:

May 14th, 8:21 pm

I love that Shane finally made an appearance on the show. ‘Man God’ needs to be a frequent guest. His gaming knowledge is untouchable, so take advantage of the insane gaming/weird pop culture genius you have working at Sony. Really though, I would love to know about the games he is helping get put out on PSN.
    Thanks for the great show every week and I hope you go big with E3 content this year.