Far Cry 4

UNCHARTED 3 Patch 1.11 Notes: The Lab Returns, Elimination Mode and more

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on May 11, 2012 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

It’s back! We are very excited to unveil patch 1.11 for UNCHARTED 3, which will be live for download by the end of May. First of all, we can hail the long anticipated return of the Lab. However if your memory is fuzzy about what the Lab is, we first introduced it in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. The Lab is a playlist featuring a unique series of multiplayer game types that our designers have concocted that focus on, above all, being fun. We’re kicking things off with a T-bolt and Pistole only map. So once the patch drops later this month, log onto UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer and give it a whirl. Let the experiments begin!

The Lab

As for other changes happening in patch 1.11 UNCHARTED 3’s Lead Multiplayer Designer Robert Cogburn and Game Director Justin Richmond have something to say:

Or if you’d rather read everything in list form here is the full rundown of changes for 1.11:

– The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.

• The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)

– Elimination Mode has been added.

• Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch

– Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.

– The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings.”

• Respawn Time
  • Buddy Spawning toggle
  • Health Multiplier – by percentage
  • Sprinting toggle
  • Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
  • Medal Kickbacks toggle
  • Boosters toggle
  • Grenade Throw Back toggle

– If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.

– Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes

– The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added

– In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.

– The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.

Very important note: Similar to patch 1.09, all cinema files created pre-patch 1.11 will no longer work once patch 1.11 is released. Therefore if you want to preserve your cinema files please be sure to upload them to YouTube BEFORE downloading and installing patch 1.09. Do it now!

If you’re curious as to why we jumped to 1.11 and the last patch we talked about was 1.09, well, 1.10 had minor fixes so we kept rolling up the changes so we could get 1.11 out for you. We’re thrilled to open the Lab for UNCHARTED 3 and can’t wait to see you online! Be ready for more information about The Lab and future UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer plans in the coming weeks.

PAGE 1 2

+ bueno82 on May 14th, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

Any chance of having the option coop arena with the characters villains?

Thanks

+ zeckcrew on May 14th, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

Eric awesome update but I had a question could you make the pirate ak a diffrent way to unlock in the US it is impossible to get the CE voucher so I was wondering if you could make it unlocked through getting the platinum and or winning contests Thanks, { also I have one treasure left in Team deathmatch the jade animal for rasames cal-7 and it is driving me crazy tips…ps. I have kinda precluded that headshots earn treasures easier, thanks for just looking at my question and if anyone needs a buddy my psn is zeckcrew I am prestiged 2 lvl.74 about to prestidge for the third time I am a member of the fortune hunter club and always on weekends Thanks!

+ zeckcrew on May 14th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

One last suggestion is a treasure hunter free item. People are looking for ways to be recognized as Fortune hunter members. So we were wondering if there could be a identification such as a little star on your emblem or a exclusive fortune hunter themed character item Thanks for the consideration, keep up the good work!

+ SToRM-TROOP3R_LG on May 14th, 2012 at 9:52 pm said:

Awesome,naughty dog will always be an awesome developer, man im gonna play elimination and the sniper with mag 5’s alot, Thanks Naught Dog. :) :-)

+ LIVEWIRE_369 on May 15th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

I can’t wait for these new modes they’re free right ??? Also I was wondering whether I should buy the dlc map packs are they any good / worth the money. Also due to the crappy servers now every time you loose connection it’s gonna count towards a lost DAMN! PLZ SORT OUT THE SERVERS FOR PATCH 1.12.

+ HeartOfWoe on May 15th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Alright, so I’ll begin with the features I actually somewhat like.
– The Lab and Elimination modes, MotD, Advanced settings, and the The Long Ranger Medal. Those sound reasonable enough, I guess. I’m sure many people will enjoy that.
Now, for the things I dislike about 1.11.
– Now the Airport and London intro thing doesn’t bother me too much, but I don’t really like that concept. The intro is what makes those maps more interesting to me, but it’s whatever.
– So what you’re saying is…if I leave the match for any reason, it will count as a loss? What if my friend wants me to join him in the lobby? I’m going to have to finish the match, make him/her wait for me, or else it counts as a loss towards my stats. I know people often rage quit during matches if they’re not doing well, but still. That’s ridiculous.
– Plunder and TO…no, just no. I hate that feature. I like my k/d to go towards my stats when I play plunder and TO. I honestly don’t care much for the Plunder captures and TO points, but I like to help my team. And thanks, now whenever I want to play something more interesting than TDM, 3TDM, or something, it won’t affect my k/d stats.

+ HeartOfWoe on May 15th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Features I would like to see in the near future:
– Online trophies. I already have platinum on U3, and some new trophies would be great.
– CUSTOM CHARACTERS. More items..I’ve already bought all the clothes for my hero/villain custom character. I expected way more items by now…but instead you only include more character skins. And why can’t we choose the hairstyle and facial hair? I don’t like playing as a bald guy..
– Matchmaking…that’s all I have to say. Please improve it as best as you can.
– How about some weapon customization? I don’t mean more mods, but like colour, etc.
That’s all I can think of right now, pretty tired..but yeah I’m sure more players have some better ideas. Hope you read this, thanks.

By the way, Uncharted 3 is amazing. Please don’t change it too much. It is annoying to the players who have been here since day 1.

+ ZOMBEGAM3R on May 15th, 2012 at 9:34 pm said:

ugh ive been grounded for so long i cant wait to get back on the uncharted series. i bought U3 around christmas time and i still havent broken the platic. when i graduate from highschool im free to game …. for a while wish me luck.

+ mets296 on May 17th, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

update sounds just about perfect and by the way is there ever going to be a playstation heroes skin pack like UC2 because that is one of the main things me and thousands of other people would love to have. It would be fun to play as Good or evil cole from infamous 2 or some of the characters from resistance 3 even put kratos in there as well( would love to see Jak in there) one other thing too that’s minor that you guys need to add in is more color options for the clothes in character customization online, like put all of the colors there are for emblems for clothes.

+ Dkotlovka on May 19th, 2012 at 7:28 pm said:

Привет. Ждем от Вас 4 наследие и до 100 уровень. Если возможно отпишитесь пожалуйста КОГДА???

+ Kratos93C on May 21st, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

Ciao ragazzi io vorrei che toglieste i vantaggi su deathmatch a squadre tipo: uomo marchiato, avversari visibili e danni doppi. Si potrebbe fare?

+ Kratos93C on May 23rd, 2012 at 3:36 am said:

Hello guys I wish they had removed the Benefits of Team Deathmatch and are marked man, and opponents Visible Damage doubles. It could and deleting an upcoming patch?

+ showboyy on May 27th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

When are they gonna patch some multiplayer trophies…..? Uncharted 2 was fun because of all the trophies you could earn, this game has none.

+ taconburrito on May 28th, 2012 at 5:32 am said:

I think uncharted should not be as laggy as it is. Putting 1.10 and 1.11 is a HORRIBLE BAD idea cause now my ps3 doesn’t work . I hate naughty dog and will be posting a terrible review on gamestop.com and amazon.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ cody-4-24 on May 28th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

Please do something to balance the AK, Either rate if fire increase or small damage increase, it can’t comete with all the G-Mals and M9 RoF’s.

+ cody-4-24 on May 28th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

Oh and also you should make it to where in Private match you can change what you want to have, like for example
Survival:on
Gold rush:off
Siege:off
Treasure Chests:on
And etc.

Me and my friend HATE gold rush and siege on arena And we just want it to be like uncharted 2 but we don’t want to play uncharted 2 JUST for survival only. So if you could add that option in patch 1.12 i would greatly appreciate it, and oh yeah and thanks for not making elimination and the lab DLC

+ THEKODE1 on May 29th, 2012 at 9:30 pm said:

where is the cheat menu for the single player mode.
will we ever be able to play any survival modes solo (EVER)

+ Killer-Rocker92 on June 6th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

I think you guys are close to becoming Naughty Gods, but I still believe there are certain, minor flaws.

For one, KAL-7 needs to be fixed entirely. It is not just how ridiculously accurate it is when blindfiring, the clip size should also be decreased.

PAGE 1 2