PS4-Watch_Dogs

ModNation Racers: Two Year Anniversary Palooza! Week Three

Mark Wilson's Avatar + Posted by Mark Wilson on May 14, 2012 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

ModNation Monday Header Anniv

Palooza it up people! This party’s not over yet!

Track Creation Challenge: “Home Sweeeet Home”
This challenge will test the skills of even the best track creators in the game. Relying on imagination and not a “midnight pizza-vison” to come up with amazing tracks or creations; those skills may not work here. Players will need to simulate the city where they live. Our favorite tracks will make their way into PS3 Top Tracks or Hot Lap for a week of notoriety (San Diego Studio Faves for Vita). Sign up HERE!

home

The “Moddys”: Our Favorite Tracks
Two weeks in to the popular “Moddys” Celebration 2.0. We searched through 1,000’s upon 1,000’s of Mods, Karts, and Tracks to present you with some of our favorite amazing, scary, and wacky creations.

This week we bring you… our favorite Tracks

The categories include:

• “Rollercoaster of Love. Say What?” (Favorite Rollercoaster tracks)
  • “U-G-L-Y, You Ain’t Got No Alibi, You Ugly” (Favorite Not-Pretty tracks)
  • “Gosh Darn It” (Favorite Dam Tracks)
  • “You Must Be Petrified” (Favorite Epic Animal Track Creations)
  • “What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!” (Favorite War Themed Tracks)
  • “Auto-Populated… My Eye!” (Favorite “Overstated” Track)
  • “It’s All In The Name” (Favorite Named Tracks)
  • “Hands Off Me Booty” (Favorite Pirate Themed Tracks)
  • “USA! USA! USA!” (Favorite PSN ID: marusarusa Tracks)
  • “That Sir Is Utterly Inflammatory” (Favorite Tracks With Flames)
  • “It’s A Wonderful Day In The Neighborhood” (Favorite Suburban Tracks)
  • “You’re As Cold As Ice” (Favorite Ice Themed Track)
  • “Fortification Schmortification” (Favorite Fortress Track)
  • “Yippee Ki-yay” (Favorite Western Tracks)

Please take the time to view these creations HERE

ModNation Racers Double XP Week!

You: Are you down with Double XP?
Mark: Yeah, you know me!

Enjoy Double XP for the Week of May 14th – 20th – brought to you by the good folks of MNR!

“Road Trip” Track of the Week / Community Hot Lap Challenge
Each week we will host the “Track of the Week” Community Hot Lap Challenge to see who can post the best time on selected tracks. The top three times will be mentioned here in this ModNation Monday blog for the world to see.

Last Week’s Hot Lap Results:
Track: “Catfish Rally Vita” by CAPNDigital

1. ZlheckJr 53.081
  2. Punishthem420 54.476
  3. jadace12 56.708

This week’s track:

vitatotw

ModNation Racers For PS3

ModNation Racers Two-Year Anniversary Collectable Wallpaper
ModNation Anniversary wallpapers in six designer colors. Visit our Facebook page to get yours now!

ps3wallpaper

ModNation Racers: Grand Prix Track Selection
We asked you to build the tracks for the upcoming Grand Prix and wow!… did you deliver! It was difficult to narrow it down to just 10 tracks, but here are our favorites:

• 2012 MNR UFG MRC GP by Onemama
  • Desert GP rally by The_Pwner007
  • 2012 North Woods GP by Onepoppa
  • Green Valley Speedway by ath_racing
  • Grand Prix 2012 by prob_alex
  • 2nd Annual MNR Grand Prix by John31269
  • The 2012 H*3*L*L *A* GP by KING_MEPHISTO
  • Icecap Colosseum by Yika
  • Eternal Life: Tree Shaker by Freshwick
  • Canal Streets GP by mackattack8000

Thanks to everyone who obviously put a lot of time and effort into creating all of the tracks!

Anniv. Celebration Fun Race Nights in May
Join ModNationSD for a night of fun races all throughout the month of May from 4:30 – 5:30 pm Pacific Time! If you would like to race, send a friend request to ModNationSD and I will add you for the night.

Top Tracks: Best of PSN ID: Kickin’ It Old School
For those that were never able to experience the Top Tracks rotation for the first six months of the game’s life, we present them one more time.

Too soon?

My bad.

ModNation Racers Hot Lap Tracks: Best Of UFG and San Diego Studio

ps3totw

This week we celebrate Hot Lap with the “Best of UFG” tracks Monday-Friday. Which tracks you ask? You’ll have to show up in the Modspot to find out. Note: Saturday and Sunday will run the tracks that were replaced by the Grand Prix races.

Happy Anniversary ModNation-ites!,
Mark
PS3: ModNationSD
Vita: ModNationSDVita

+ remanutd5 on May 14th, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

Road Trip head to head online multiplayer news?

+ JNM-CIM on May 14th, 2012 at 7:19 am said:

Lol, the week I’m able to get back into Modnation Racers is a double xp week! Woohoo!

+ CoreWuzHere on May 14th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

Is double xp for the ps3 version or the vita version or both? Please reply.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Vita and PS3!

+ parise93 on May 14th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

*looks at Top Tracks*
Ahhhhhh
*Looks at Top Tracks*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Also Is every Double Xp Week you schedule is when I have limited to no access to the game?
GRRRR!

+ Nick930930 on May 14th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

The loading times in this game are too dreadful for me to even bother putting the disc into my PS3.

Just release LBP Karting and give up on this lost cause.

+ blackjet2000 on May 14th, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

Oh Markie, you’ll soon see how people will be so xp hungry on Hot Lap, poorly fact: major of UFG tracks are glitchable, i cannot hide my joyment for Drift Paradise though then later i see 19 seconds.

And the magic was gone.

Also i’m laughing on 2 drift points tracks, without offense!
Anyway, Mark, the GP is seriously having hard times, it’s not well organized and hope you understand how many of us are feeling. Unless you’re fighting the world and saving the kittens, we need someone here to guide us.
Still, i can’t hide how far i love the ideas deployed for this week.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

hmmmm…

Not sure where to respond on all those but the GP is the running the exact same as last time. Signups are better than ever! I will check for a forums post from you for more info.

Thanks,

Mark

+ hypersk_us on May 14th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

Yay!

Are there any news on the Stowaway Mod and Kart?

Also I am waiting for the DLC sale on PSN, the moment it’s up I’m pretty sure you will get all the money I’ve been saving… xD

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Stowaway news next week. Should also have info on DLC sale!

+ atheistsw on May 14th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

Top Tracks:

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO! There is NOTHING top about ANY of those tracks, why are you trying to promote mediocrity??? Also, a whole WEEK of UFG hotlap tracks??? Insanity x 2.

Honestly Mark, what’s going on? Last 2 weeks Rocktoonz and MrDufus were supposed to be showcased on Top Tracks and neither of them got put up, you keep mentioning a DLC sale that seems likely to NEVER come… Tell me, are Sony paying you to destroy the good name of Modnation DELIBERATELY so that the spectacularly awful looking LBP Kart will seem more appealing?

First the constant pushing of the DOA MNR: Road Trip (no online = no buy, seems a fair enough stance) and now you seem to be deliberately doing your best to provoke and annoy the loyal PS3 community!

Seriously, E.T. what have you down with OUR Mr. Wilson??? :(

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

ah…. this is why I consider myself an above decent community manager. The old “you can’t please everybody…” takes a little thick skin. Soooooo many racers have asked for UFG tracks in Hot Lap for a long time. They deserve it. The Top Tracks selection is a nod to the past for many newer players. MrDufus and Rocktoonz had their tracks in Top Tracks so I’m not sure what we saw differently here.

Mark

+ parise93 on May 14th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Mark Wilson is Trolling us >:)

+ remanutd5 on May 14th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

how about bringing ModNation Racers Road Trip game director here and tell us if there is gonna be an online multiplayer patch or not? i’m starting to lose faith

+ TigerLust on May 14th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

So will the DLC go on sale at the end of the anniversary celebration, in April 2013, or sooner?

Maybe if you put the sale live people will use the DLC to make some tracks worth featuring :p

+ poncedailyown on May 14th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

Nice.

+ AngelG_No55_FTW on May 14th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

Look Mark, what you’re doing can’t be said that you’re not pleasing everybody. Let’s face it, with those things you’ve done you’re pleasing NOBODY. UFG tracks on Hot Lap isn’t offensive in and of itself, but picking the tracks that can be glitched clearly shows a lack of attention and research and pleases nobody, not even those who begged for the UFG tracks in the first place. Not to meantion the whole bait-and-switch over this game’s DLC sale. Empty promises and bait-and-switch only results in angry players! Let’s not forget the Top Tracks. CREATE XP DOES NOT EQUATE GREATNESS. If you did even a little bit of research you’d realize that the Top Tracks are all overexposed, poorly made tracks from early in the game’s life. More, promoting a poorly made, intentionaly crippled port of this game is also going to do you no favors! I’m starting to think like atheist – that Sony is deliberately sabotaging this game in order to squeeze out more sales from LBPK, thus killing off a perfectly good, one-of-a-kind game, just because LBP will bring in more money.

+ AngelG_No55_FTW on May 14th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

(continued)
I’m starting to think like atheist – that Sony is deliberately sabotaging this game in order to squeeze out more sales from LBPK, thus killing off a perfectly good, one-of-a-kind game, just because LBP will bring in more money. This is no way to treat your userbase, Mark! You’re slowly but surely destroying an unique game in order to make room for yet more cookie-cutter, unoriginal, money-grubbing games. If you do care about the players of this game you really need to rethink your decisions Mark. Spend some more time with the players of the game, do some research on what’s actually good in this game, learn what they truly want, stay closer to the most important people involed in this game: its players.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

Hi AngelG_No55_FTW,

Not a lot I can say here other than I am very sorry you feel that way.

1. The “nod” to Top Tracks was done “tongue in cheek”. I even say so in the post. “Humor is a risk” – Mark Wilson 2012.
    2. The Hot Lap choices where selected by the community. I set up one thread myself and read several other posts of players favorite UFG tracks

Again, sorry you are upset but this isn’t the place to discuss. Please have this conversation in the forums (which I earlier responded to your post).

Mark

+ DarkOne_PR on May 14th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

As always, no matter how many times i get ignored I will keep fighting!

MNR:RT……NO ONLINE = NO BUY!

We love u guys, but when u guys make stupid decisions like no online in 2012…. we cant just keep quiet.

+ atheistsw on May 14th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

AngelG_No55_FTW – Well said man!

Mark, having those tracks “tongue in cheek” or not, doesn’t matter, it’s an insult to ALL good creators everywhere. Those tracks gained notoriety simply because UFG were so lazy that they took 8 MONTHS to fix a broken top tracks section that was simply stuck on those same tracks endlessly. And, if you ever see Top Tracks when you DON’T change the tracks manually, you can GUARANTEE that Tiki Tik and Drift Points 100,000 will always be in there somewhere.

What concerns me is that “Top Tracks” is supposed to be just that, it’s supposed to be a headline banner saying to new players fresh in the modspot “Hey, look over here, this is what you can do with this game, isn’t it AWESOME?”

But no, instead, this week, they’ll come in and go, “wow, this game is a POS, is that the best that can be done?” :( Add to this the fact that at least 55.5% of ALL players in the game (conservative estimate) only download what they see promoted in the modspot (witness the BBM’s ghastly yet incredibly popular corporate propaganda programme) and you should realise that this is NOT in the best interests of the game, joke or not.

+ mini_schnauzer67 on May 14th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

I don’t really care about UFG tracks, but Top Tracks makes me want to cry. All of the newer players have those average tracks, they are not good. And on double xp week, really, I mean really? I agree with Angle and Ath, you are neglecting the good creators out there by putting up old, bad tracks that everyone already knows about.

Also, double xp week is my exam week. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Let’s all relax here ok? We all love this game but there’s no offense meant by any track selections. For well over a year I have been touted as the “hero” that saved Top Tracks by removing these revolving same 5 tracks. Now as a lighthearted wink to the past they’re up again.

Again as this is not the place to have these conversations I will direct us to the appropriate location for discussion – the forums.

We all love this game. We are a great community. Let’s not loose sight of that over track choices ok?

Mark

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

Mark

+ ripper171 on May 14th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

Hey Mark,

Being an old school racer I loved the idea of having a “Kickin’ It Old School” top tracks, but to be honest the tracks chosen aren’t the best tracks from the “old school period”. If you want help in choosing some pretty awesome old school tracks I’m in to help you (I’m sure I can find more people to help US in this task).

PS. See Mark, I’m not that grumpy anymore. lol

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 3:29 pm said:

ah… ripper171, thanks for having a fellow community member’s back! :)

As we all know, nothing ever goes perfectly as planned so the best we can do is work together to be part of the solution. right?

In the MNR Night Court I will plead “no contest” to the charges held against me by choosing the original (yet became annoying / part of mnr lore / that’s the wink) top tracks. Since you have offered the olive branch to my “alleged crime” I will give you the honor of choosing next week’s five top tracks! (with a little guidance of course).

Send me your five choices (outside of these blog comments) by Tuesday at noon and I’ll do my best to put together the “Faves of ripper171″ Top Tracks!

Whaddya say?

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

Hi DarkOne_PR,

First of all I must say … Puerto Rico FTW!

YOU / DarkOne_PR are what makes this game a great community and much more than “just a game”. Making amazing creations is a skill and talent that are publicized and greatly appreciated, yet are no more important than those that enjoy them. You are obviously passionate about MNR (as are we) and that means a lot to us.

See you next Monday!

Mark

+ TUSTIN1 on May 14th, 2012 at 3:25 pm said:

I’m sorry, but this IS the place to discuss things pertaining to this blog post. That’s kinda the point of having a blog…

Glad to see after correcting you two weeks in a row, you’ve at least finally decided it’s a palooza…although with no track pack DLC sale and no news on an online patch, it’s hardly a party…

+ DarkOne_PR on May 14th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

I dont consider myself part of the community since im really bad at creating stuff… but i am a supporter of the franchise. I bought it day one and have no regrets! the game its awesome! PERIOD!
This is why Im so frustrated with MNR:RT not having online! i told u guys too about the game not having great reviews thanks to that too… and it happened. Im worried about a game i love and i want to support u guys all the way trough. but with high prices on the DLC and with No Online on road trip…. theres nothing i can do…

Im really waiting for u guys to make a DLC bundle to grab it. And as i have commented since forever… IM REALLY waiting for the online patch announcement for road trip to get it.
Well, see u next monday mark where im leaving another NO Online=No buy comment…. unless the team surprise us all that is.

Att: Jonathan from Puerto Rico.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 14th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

Hi DarkOne_PR,

First of all I must say … Puerto Rico FTW!

See you next Monday!

Mark

+ ripper171 on May 14th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

@ Mark

Deal

+ DarkOne_PR on May 14th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

LOL! mark u seems to know that we puertorricans are very proud of our country XD
Maybe the newyorricans are doing their work well HAH!

+ saab01 on May 14th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

Double XP sounds like a good time to get back to playing this game. At least for this week of course. Than back to Uncharted 3.

+ moriarty1975 on May 14th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

Just my opinion but….

Top track choice that was there at the very start (We don’t like them but they WERE the top tracks when the game released) – check

Tracks that we all know and some of us love (because they were, for most of us, the first tracks we raced) as hot lap tracks – check

Double XP week (who doesn’t like double XP?) – check

Including the above because it makes perfect sense as it’s the anniversary of MNR? – check

Not understanding why people are complaining (but would IF it wasn’t the anniversary!….it’s only one week people!) – check

Another tease of the DLC sale & me getting one week closer to being able to leave a “I told it was going to be amazeballs!” as a comment on the blog – check

Well done to the Wilson!

+ cjmc18 on May 14th, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

well i must admit i haven’t been playing the ps3 version of this game. but i’m playing ModNation Racers: Road Trip. Day 1 buy on the ps3 and I waited a few weeks for the vita waiting for the online option that never came. BUT, the vita version its still awesome and even if my creations don’t get any popular i will continue to support both versions of the game and hopefully we will see a sequel of this game 2 years or 1 year after lbpk. :D

+ HAGC on May 20th, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

And the sackboy mod and kart??

+ The_Wheelman_IV on June 3rd, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

I just looked at the Top Tracks Mark is so proudly defending and the 100,000 pt drift crack and these other Medicore or Crappy levels are really the Top Tracks…My Levels that I just built even some where I mainly used the Autopopulate alot in them is WAY better than these picks. I’m gonna agree with the Community on this one and call it like a See it, Modnations clearly trying to Sabotage the Game so everyone leaves and picks up LBPK. They’re is still alot of Flaws and Programming Fails. And, Patch Requests in Forums they Company completely Ignores I wish I could go back and simply just not by any DLC content cause my money is not going to good use to make the game a 10/10 what’s the bother? No one but me can play my levels cause most demand Construction DLC which no one even has these days. I just want the Community to not ignore me that is why I sold both my LBP games to get Modnation Racers and the DLCS. Cause LBP went down the same rockyroad with it’s community they grew sick of they’re Mindcontrol Programming and what was left was a dead community of about 30000 mindcontrol victims a day browsing through 3.5 million levels.

+ The_Wheelman_IV on June 3rd, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Which my awesome levels I built went left unplayed, The Problem with DLC content is you by it and everyone else doesn’t so you just get stuck waiting for hours in lobby for someone to join. Just make the DLCS free with the game. It’s a Old game and these are things that should be added to the core game you can find my Patch Suggestions and Addons on the Forums. I’m passionate which I say this. These Top Tracks are Overrated Noob levels, what did the little kids of the Lead Programmers make these? Give us a fair chance, check out my levels and pick one you like cause my levels are even better than this crap. That’s so sad. Not to promote myself but to explain how important this community means to me and I’m tired of all the bugs in the game that prevent me from having Fun making levels it’s a pain in the neck. Fix your game that is what the DLC money is suppose to go towards Mark. Please hand down the suggestion to the Monkey Pit you know SONY…I’ve been constantly on the phone with them this month from them uploading bad dlcs and overcharging and undoing my wallet on a whim. Please don’t give me another reason to hate Sony or Modnation Racers. You people put me through enough hell already…

+ The_Wheelman_IV on June 3rd, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

Ironically my Reallife Firstname is Mark too. But I wouldn’t even waste one minute of my day playing these crappy levels unless it was to race it and laugh at all the fails and glitches. Like that Atlantis Level way too overrated the whole race was glitchy and messed up I lost a race I should have won cause I got stuck several times in the last lap. I was mad. This is MNR best tracks in the World. These are Amature at best. Race some of my tracks they aren’t all these fact and fantasy tracks. My tracks are Down to Earth with more Scenic Qualities which all these levels really leave out. Okay now it definitely seems like I’m promoting myself. Maybe I’m just jealous of all the Attention these no talented creators are getting. I just want someone to play my levels, I gave up editing my Highrise Parking Garage level do to all the Bugs and Editing Glitches preventing me from building my level. The Flying Trash Container in the level is Symbolic for what I think of Modnations Game Builder with all it’s Fails it’s a bunch flying trash. Fix your game – Then party later. I make good circuit races. I’m not all into the giant openwide levels. I don’t like the confusion when I race. I just want to race.

+ The_Wheelman_IV on June 3rd, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

novel and fantasy tracks.*

Old School hmmm, a creative name for WORST LEVELS EVER.

+ The_Wheelman_IV on June 3rd, 2012 at 6:11 am said:

My typos are funny, Crack is one hell of a drug…I ment to say Track -_- omg

+ The_Wheelman_IV on June 3rd, 2012 at 6:30 am said:

I’m Modnations level creator cause it’s the only thing I do and I do it well. I put alot of time and detail into my levels. I have like 13 uploaded in a week. I’ve only been playing a few days. I like the game and I’m friendly to the community. I try to look for things that haven’t been done yet and keep my levels original as much as possible.