PS4-The Order

The PlayStation Recap – Calm Before the Storm Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 19, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Not a lot of time for game playing this week, as pre-E3 planning and a busy Blog publishing schedule) have kept me surprisingly tied up. What did I miss?

In other news this week, PlayStation’s cross-country tour has officially hit the road through November, Netherrealms dished out Mortal Kombat tips for you, Sorcery revealed members of its monstrous menagerie, the GT Academy competition moved to Round 3 and 4, PixelJunk 4am launched on PSN with a free viewer app, Lightbox Interactive showed a new Starhawk development diary chronicling the final hours of development, indie legends Superbrothers and Jim Guthrie announced their participation in the PS Vita musical platformer Sound Shapes, and the team behind upcoming Foosball 2012 revealed the nuances of their PlayStation Move support (Protip: It’s extensive).

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Mortal Kombat for PS Vita, Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer,
  • I’m watching: Homeland
  • I’m reading: Borderlands 2: Your Questions Answered
  • I’m listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast 025: The Last of Us Explore the Future of Oddworld

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

Most-Watched Video of the Week: Smart As… for PS Vita – Developer Walkthrough

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

• PlayStation Store Update – PixelJunk 4am, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, Prototype 2, Rock of Ages, Jam Live Music Arcade, GoldenEye 007 Reloaded and more.
  • More PSP Titles and Minis Coming to PS Vita Starting Today – The first batch is already live, with more coming to PS Store this Tuesday and beyond.
  • April 2012 PSN Top Sellers: I Am Alive Survives The Competition – A strong debut by The Walking Dead and continued interest in Journey couldn’t hold off Ubisoft’s survival tale.
  • Ubisoft Sale: Deep Discounts on PSN Starting Today – Now’s the time to cash in on this one-week sale, which applies a steep 30 to 50 percent discount across a wide array of Ubisoft PSN titles.
  • The Last of Us Cutscene: The Sky Has Turned Grey – Joel and Ellie get into a jam in this dark new video from Naughty Dog.
  • Sack it to Me: Meet the Men in Black’s New Recruit – Agent S! – The latest happenings in LittleBigPlanet straight from Media Molecule.
  • PS Vita and Carmelita Revealed for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time – Big news for Sly Cooper fans – watch the video to see the PS Vita version in action!
  • Coming to Home: Step Right Up to Midway 3…and $25,000 in Prizes – Midway 3 launches with 10 games, each with 10 levels of difficulty, and more than 100 unique virtual item rewards.
  • Smart As Brings Next-Gen Brain Training to PS Vita This Fall – Brag about your IQ on a global level in this upcoming PS Vita puzzle game.
  • Table Top Tanks Bringing Explosive AR to PS Vita May 22nd – Perhaps the coolest application of PS Vita’s Augmented Reality technology yet.
  • //Add Your Own

+ massimodo on May 19th, 2012 at 3:14 pm said:

I can tell you what I’m NOT playing this weekend. Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe on my vita.

+ Amersonjr2YAHOO on May 19th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

i no right

+ Tjoeb123 on May 19th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

Same here, but for Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Which reminds me – with regards to what’s compatible with the PS Vita, who has control over PSP titles? You, or 3rd parties? ‘Cause Phantasy Star Portable 2 is mysteriously gone from the Store (not my Download list though), and Sega hasn’t said anything on that.

+ JH-FallenReaper on May 19th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

Im playing- StarHawk best MP since Killzone 3.
    Watching- Chelsea win over Bayern Munich
    Listening to- The Devil Wears Prada, Beneath My Feet, Bjork, etc..
    Reading- God of War, Last of Us, Sly 4, PS All-Stars, articles and hoping a KILLZONE 4 E3 teaser trailer.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 19th, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

Just saw the new Black Ops 2 Trailer during the Champions League Final (was eating ice cream in front of my 42″ plasma tv), and i gotta say that Black Ops 2 looks like complete TOTAL GARBAGE graphically LOL.

But then that trash is developed primarily for xbox’s inferior last gen hardware, so no real surprise i guess :D

[I'm Playing] — 74 hours in Yakuza 3, 35% completion and still no end in sight lol
    [I'm Watching] — The Complete Matrix Trilogy Bluray box-set
    [I'm Reading] — my bluray movie checklist
    [I'm Listening to] — Tool’s 10,000 Days

+ IM_RICK_GRIMES on May 19th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

Is ghost recon future solider hitting PSN on tuesday?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 20th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

I’m not aware of it being a PSN full game download — Ubisoft would be the guys to ask.

+ Richlando on May 19th, 2012 at 6:16 pm said:

@#1 PJMD Vita compatablility is set for the coming week. Confirmed here: https://twitter.com/#!/dylancuthbert/status/203844298951766017

Sid are we going to get to preload/purchase Sorcery Monday or so?

+ aspote on May 19th, 2012 at 7:22 pm said:

im playing —unit 13 and cod black ops
    im watching—code monkey
    im reading— playstation blog
    im listening to— playstation blogcast
    (all on the comfort of a toilet) lol xD

+ ccrogers15 on May 19th, 2012 at 8:08 pm said:

Im playing- Resident Evil Outbreak -PS2
    Watching- Nothing
    Listening to- Zombies moan on RE Outbreak
    Reading- This lol

Reminds me.. ADD RE OUTBREAK AS A PS2 CLASSIC!

+ jrowand on May 19th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

I’m Playing: COD Black Ops

I’m Watching: Sports Center

I’m listening to: Sports Center

I’m Reading: My comment :P

+ DoTheKiller91 on May 19th, 2012 at 9:29 pm said:

Please release NFS Most Wanted PS2 classic -_-

+ DarkOne_PR on May 20th, 2012 at 4:25 am said:

Got platinum on Dark Souls Now i have my duo of pro platinum trophies with demons/dark souls :)
    Now all my time its going to starhawk Online. And thinking of start playing Heavy rain or White knight Chronicles.

Listening to In Flames and Trivium

Reading Naruto Manga

Watching…. nothing? i gues?

Sid we the puertorrican audience need a PSBlog Puerto Rico in which we can participate on events since ALL OF THE PS BLOG EVENT PR ITS NOT PERMITED TO PARTICIPATE! and really tired of being ignored u know! :(

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 20th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Wow, congrats on the Platinum! Definitely not an easy one to score. And as for Puerto Rico, I’ll keep your suggestion in mind :)

+ digeythedog on May 20th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

any news on the Call of duty for Vita or final fantasy 10 remake? we have been left in the dark about both. so one has to know. it’s driving me insane!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 20th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Nothing yet on Call of Duty for PS Vita, nor FFX. But I should mention that, as I understand it, FFX for Vita is not a remake, but a remastered update on the PS2 original game.

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 20th, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

If u don’t mind me pointing out, i have some PS blog ideas that ARE “in action” but are not listed under the “in action” section, such as Parasite Eve 1 and 2 PSone Classics, mini golf game for PSP, Dino Crisis 2 as a PSone Classic and possibly more.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 20th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

thanks, Sonicfan! We’re handing over control of Share to a different department who will better be able to keep up with this stuff (and get things in action), so I’ll start with this list.

+ ZeR0wn3D on May 20th, 2012 at 3:33 pm said:

Im going to E3 this year for the first time dont know what to expect other then huge lines to be honest

+ zatnaru on May 21st, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

@3 yeah i know i thought that was weird too when i found out it had disapeared hope they put it back for vita soon