PS4-Watch_Dogs

UNCHARTED Goes Digital: First Two PS3 Adventures Hit PSN June 26th

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on May 22, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Do you know what Nathan Drake is most afraid of? How about why, when, and where he first met Elena Fisher? Uncover these truths and much more via Drake’s first two critically acclaimed PS3 adventures when they arrive as digital downloads on the PlayStation Store. UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will land on the PlayStation Store in the downloadable PS3 game section on June 26th.

In UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune, a 400-year-old clue in the coffin of explorer Sir Francis Drake leads Nathan Drake on a wild adventure to a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Here Drake hunts for the fabled treasure of El Dorado. Learn the backstory of the colorful cast of UNCHARTED characters and the ancient secrets El Dorado hides.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition is the winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, and one of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time. In this sequel, Drake is drawn back into the treacherous world of thieves and treasure-seekers. A mystery artifact propels him to undertake an expedition to the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala where he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal. Pushed to his limits, Drake is forced to risk everything.

UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune PSNUNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves PSN

Soon you can have two of Drake’s most epic adventures waiting on your PS3’s XMB, available at the tap of a button! Look for them on PlayStation Store June 26th.

UNCHARTED fans in the US might have noticed that all playable DLC for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is available for free. While we popped the cork a bit early in the States, this is indeed a celebration of the pending arrival of both of Drake’s adventures as downloadable digital titles. When the PS Store updates today, everyone worldwide will be able to download the following DLC content for UNCHARTED 2 absolutely free of charge:

• UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves “Drake’s Fortune” MP Pack
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves “Golden Guns”
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves “PlayStation Heroes” Skin Pack
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves “Sidekick Skin Pack”
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves “Siege Expansion Pack”

This free UNCHARTED 2 DLC program will run until the digital launch of the two titles on June 26th. Once the PSN store updates on June 26th, all this DLC will only be available via purchase on the PS Store or when you buy the digital version of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition. Mark your calendar for June 26th and be sure to practice your witty comebacks, daring leaps, and fortune hunting tactics as Nathan Drake’s first two blockbuster hits will be just a download and a button press away!

PAGE 1 2

+ Butters360 on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:21 am said:

Awesomesauce!

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:17 pm said:

Awesomesauce indeed! I can’t wait to have these on my XMB!

+ Dinsouza on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

I think everyone’s wondering about pricing and download sizes. Can you help us?

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Hey there! The download sizes will be around 18.5GB for U:DF and 20.5GB for U2:AT.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:40 am said:

I was planing to re-plat Uncharted as i dumped my old PSN account a few months back so this is great news. Thank you very much guys!

+ KirbyIsAwesome on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

But how much will the games cost? Will there be a Dual-Pack like the retail versions?

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

Hey Kirby, We’re still working on pricing these, but we wanted our community to have the heads up that these were coming out as soon as we could. I promise we’re not holding back any info, we definitely want our community to be in the know!

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:49 am said:

…heh, course this means more work for my e**y seller account ;)

Also, can we get Heavy Rain & GoW 3 up on PSN as well please sony?

+ Monterossa on May 22nd, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

How much it cost and how much disk space it requires?

+ jboyjeeks on May 22nd, 2012 at 7:39 am said:

I bet they are going to be free for PS+ eventually :)

+ gor1llap1mp on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

Hey Sid, I know your reading this and are probably more likely to respond too. Games on the PS Store need to have more relevant information like: File Size, Audio, Video and wait for it….Comments. That would be great!

+ angibri2000 on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Awesome but I already have the BD versions of these games, although I would love to have them permanently on my PS3 so I don’t have to dig for my disc whenever I want to play some Multiplayer in Among Thieves which I still play once in a while. I’m willing to pay a discounted price if there is an option for people that already have the discs, would you guys ever consider that? Or maybe update the disc versions to be able to install directly into the PS3. That would be awesome! Just some food for thought. ;)

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Price = $19.99 each

Size = who cares man – i got a 750GB western digital scorpio black @ 7200rpm in mah trey :)

+ luvtoseek on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Yep, size, price, all important info. Also, will the game saves for the disc version work for the digital download?

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Hey there, see above for download file sizes, pricing is being worked on, and YES, your PS3 disc-based game saves WILL work with the digital versions! :)

+ TerraAshura on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Awesome news, I enjoy my digital versions to my physical ones, so I’m real excited for this one!

+ Sephir007 on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

I have already all the Uncharted discs, but it’s a really nice addition to have the option to download them.., I would also want to have Heavy Rain on PSN, please..

+ Heavenly_king on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

how many gigs does U2 needs? 25-30gigs??

+ D-Squad3 on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Games that shouldn’t be missed.

+ saintaqua on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

I already own them but if these were coming digitally to Vita I’d be pretty excited!

+ crazy_kracker1 on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

I would get them both but for some reason when I try to download some thing from the PSN store it wont or it stops at 14% when I buy a regular disc game it loads no problems

+ Demonhunter84 on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

It’s great to see Uncharted 1 and 2 on PSN! Now if we can get Uncharted 3 on PSN it would be amazing.

+ midnightangel666 on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

I will be so glad when this hits :D My boyfriend made me get Red Dead Redemption so he can shoot at me in multiplayer. …. *evil grin*…… Wait till I make him get the Uncharted series. I’m gonna smoke him in UC3. :D My 8yr old niece and nephew and my 10 and 14 yr old nephew have become die hard Uncharted fans :D We have gaming weekend at my house frequently and UC, UC2 or UC3 is usually the first game in the console. My niece even had me draw on a t-shirt for her a sketch of Nathan Drake from the UC3 CE statue and beside it she wanted written “Nathan Drake is my Daddy!”. LOL she sleeps in it every time she comes over. Now i can honestly say THAT is true devotion.

+ EVIL_D-E-M-O-N-S on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Now we are talking Business. Digital is the way I only go now but I was FORCED into buying Starhawk on Disc since its not on psn and no telling when it will be. I got sick of waiting. When Starhawk hits psn for download I will lose money and not happy but I will sell the disc version to pay towards the digital one like I have been doing one by one when my disc games hit psn. Great to see these coming to psn. 2 games I will be buying. My 320 gig ps3 is almost full so I got to get a 1tb or 720 gb harddrive now. Fun fun! Thanks for finally bringing these to the store. All games should be like vita games and release on psn the same day the physical releases.

+ EVIL_D-E-M-O-N-S on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Don’t wait till christmas NEXT YEAR to get Uncharted 3 on the store either. Why isn’t 3 going to join 1 and 2?

+ lisatsunami on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Drakes Fortune was my very first Playstation game but for some reason I have no trophies even though I completed it 100%. That was years before I became a trophy ‘ho so I didn’t notice or care at the time. So yes, I will be downloading & replaying it, even tho I still have nightmares over those zombie things.

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Hi there Lisa, Yep, you are correct, Trophies for the PSN came out after U:DF shipped, so when you download it in June, you not only get to relive all those awesome gaming moments, but you’ll get your chance at the Platinum (if you survive the “Descendants”) ;)

+ Newcloud on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

I’d be surprised if these game are less the 10gb

+ Gay_Angel on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

This is an amazing opportunity for those who have not played these two Uncharted games. Great news to add that the Uncharted 2 DLC will be free worldwide, I have been enjoying the DLC since last week. It is great replaying the game after so many months since I last played it.
Here’s hoping an Uncharted 3 digital release as well!

+ massimodo on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Honestly, who cares at this point. Clog up your hard drive with old games with large file sizes and pay more than you would at retail. No listing of file sizes or pricing. Great job.

+ dragon_night on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Big deal. I got uncharted 1 and 2 in a dual pack for 25 bucks at best buy. 30 bucks on amazon for the 3rd one on black Friday Anyways digital should always be optional. But they are restricted to individual accounts so I would rather just keep physical. But welcome to the store. I susPect 3 will be down the pipeline as well as resistance series obviously as well.

+ tusunami on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

This is pretty good news, it gives the consumers options which we need more of this for Psn.I hope more come along this year & beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ onewayforfreedom on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

i have a pass code in the pack. but i can’t online. i buyin a new pass code from store but not work. i can’t play online

+ TerraAshura on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

@26 You don’t need a passcode for Uncharted 1 and 2?

+ Elvick_ on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

More digital PS3 releases is always good, even though I don’t like to buy them that way. I know many do, and these are great games. :3

+ fadi002 on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Both of these will be around 20-25 GB. Not together, separately. So U1 would be ~20 GB, and U2 would be ~20GB.

+ fadi002 on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

@21 Uncharted 3 is 45 GB. I don’t think they’ll ever put a game that big on PSN for the PS3.

+ fadi002 on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

BTW, you’ll need ~45-50 GB of free space on your hard drive to install ONE of these. To install 2, you’ll need ~75GB of free space.

+ Megadrixfire_24 on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

they should be 20-25 $ considering they are from 2009 and 2008, like mass effect 2, and if they are at that pice ill get a digital copy of uncharted 2 100 % sure, never played it, and had toons of fun with uncharted 3.

+ moriarty1975 on May 22nd, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

“When the PS Store updates today, everyone worldwide will be able to download the following DLC content for UNCHARTED 2 absolutely free of charge”

Guess that was a typo and E.U people will have to wait until the E.U store updates tomorrow for the free DLC?

+ samstacle on May 22nd, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

18gb and 20gb, that’s a lot to download…just hoping that it won’t be expensive so i’ll buy both of them. I looked everywhere for the first uncharted…Now that it’s coming to the PSN, i’ll (hope) finally get it :)

+ dmanjj2 on May 22nd, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

The greatest hits dual packs costs $40, so they should least be $20 each. I rented U2, but never wanted to buy it since I have U3. And why save space in my shelf for old games? But downloading it appeals to me a lot more. Give me a good deal, and im sold.

+ GMFCO311 on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Awesome! Hey do you guys have a link somewhere to tell me how to upgrade my HDD space on my PS3?

I see people on Youtube posting it, but I really don’t trust it and would like an official Sony site link!

+ yourworldonfire on May 22nd, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

I like my idea of offering Playstation Plus users Uncharted Drake’s Fortune, for free, also, I think that the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer should be sold seperately on the PSN :D

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 22nd, 2012 at 5:53 pm said:

@ GMFCO311

I have a great link which helped me from the EU forums – but i’ll have to break it up otherwise it wont show up here:

community.eu.playstation . com
/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help
/Can-I-upgrade-the-hard-disk-drive-HDD-inside-my-PlayStation-3
/m-p/13328535#M1880

also remember to avoid “energy saving” drives as they can cause some games to stutter/glitch because they go to sleep sometimes when a game is trying to read data from the HD. These are normally the slower 5,000rpm drives.

You want a 7,2000rpm spin speed to be 100% sure, and the western digital i got last year is the largest capacity (and best quality) at that speed available. I haven’t checked but there may be 1TB 7,2000rpm coming out soon/recently.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:04 pm said:

*oops i mean 7,200rpm

These drives also improve PS3′s load times – no where near as much as a SSD does, but enough to make a small noticeable difference, especially when booting up.

+ LordDust on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:07 pm said:

Sounds Awesome

+ JEC94 on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:34 pm said:

I already have the blu-ray versions.

+ moriarty1975 on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

@44

Cool.

+ Inuboykendo1000 on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

Sweetness. The games are probably gonna be 20 bucks a piece. Can’t wait, I was gonna get AC2 on PSN, might get Uncharted 2 instead (first one later lol).

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:55 pm said:

I think sony should just sell their own 500-750gb hard drives marketed for the ps3. People would buy them more than they think. The average consumers don’t even know they can upgrade their hdd size.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

@ 22

Assuming you still have your save game file. Just put the game back in and see if all of the trophies unlock. They should after you install the update.

+ Kaest_Aguirre on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:48 pm said:

And What’s wrong with Rayman Origins in PS Store? It was about two PSN suppose to sell it on the PS Store but always was a lie.

+ Soggy-Snake- on May 23rd, 2012 at 9:45 pm said:

When does the store update? Its nearly 5pm here in New Zealand on Thursday 24th May and the prices are still up for the UC2 DLC. Is it usually later tonight?

PAGE 1 2