Spider-Man PS4

May 23

May 23

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance Thursday

Matthew Harper's Avatar Posted by Sr. Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

It’s been a busy month on the PSN front, as we put together yet another jam-packed PlayStation Plus update, kicked off the massively-popular Mass Effect 3: N7 Weekly Challenges, dropped the PSN exclusive game PixelJunk 4am as part of an epic PlayStation Store update, and more!

Regular maintenance is a necessary part of operating a service such as PSN. As part of our efforts to continue to deliver you a world-class online entertainment experience on your PS3 and PS Vita devices, we will be performing maintenance on the network on Thursday, May 24th, starting at approximately 8:00 am PDT / 10:00 am EDT and concluding around 11:00pm PDT / 2:00am EDT.

During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states “PlayStation Network is undergoing maintenance” when attempting to access the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Home. Online play will not be affected and you will be able to enjoy apps such as Netflix and Amazon Instant Video during this maintenance as well, provided that you have signed into the network within 5 days prior to the start of the maintenance period.

We will update you with any changes that may occur in regards to this maintenance. If you would like to receive a notice when PSN is fully restored, be sure to follow the official PlayStation Twitter account.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Add Your Own

QPCloudy said:

May 24th, 4:00 pm

Indeed. I love my playstation, and I love that the service is free, minus plus of course, but to have the network down all day and night is a bit excessive. Luckily I have other means to access netflix and other online content, but I primarily use my playstation. This is a bit much.

vGenerations- said:

May 24th, 5:43 pm

It wont let me play online cod mw3. It says the server is unavailable but, my friends are able to play online. Does this maintenance have to do anything with this?

Bella_Twilight-2 said:

May 24th, 5:44 pm

i cant sign inat all

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 5:45 pm

well lets see what they give us

Bella_Twilight-2 said:

May 24th, 5:46 pm

anyone else with this problem?

dward818 said:

May 24th, 5:49 pm

I can sign in but I’m not able to play online. WOW Sony another FAIL on your part, dont tell people it won’t effect on online play when it dose.

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 6:03 pm

i just cant go to the store thats sony getting sloppy

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 6:06 pm

or my account

kaiforadona said:

May 24th, 6:08 pm

“concluding around 11:00pm PDT / 2:00am EDT”
for those wondering if that haoppens it would be 11 pm pdt 12 am mdt 1am cdt and 2 am edt

on a side note i’m pretty po’d right now as i purchased a psn card this morning and now i can’t redeem it..

jdjgamer98 said:

May 24th, 6:26 pm

I couldn’t play Ghost Recons multiplayer because i couldn’t enter the code to get the multiplayer!!

KUSH118 said:

May 24th, 6:28 pm

@ Matthew Harper can you make an update where we can get to change our online ID’s that would make all us playstation users happy.

Relic-Lord said:

May 24th, 6:39 pm

I’ve owned my ps3 for three days and the first time I try to access the store it’s down for maintenance, just my luck. Oh well, always tomorrow :-)

jito98 said:

May 24th, 6:45 pm

It sux bcuz now it wont let me login

Mr-Mutt said:

May 24th, 6:56 pm

Is there a reason you can’t do updates and maintenance during the night when everyone is asleep, and not from when I wake up from when I go to bed?

PS_man1984 said:

May 24th, 6:58 pm

What’s with all the trolls on these comments? Asking about glitches in 3rd-party games isn’t going to solve anything. Sony isn’t responsible for the hackers in Call of Duty. That’s Activision’s job. If you want to complain about Call of Duty players, go write Activision.

zInTense-_ said:

May 24th, 7:11 pm

I think its bck online.

joeydakid123 said:

May 24th, 7:11 pm

ARE WE GONNA GET A SYSTEM UPDATE ANY TIME SOON JUST ASKING ??

ConfirmedChaos said:

May 24th, 7:22 pm

Here’s my concern….i don’t see why you guys are crying so much..about this scheduled maintenance. you are not an employee of sony and therefore you have no right and/or need to know ahead of time if there’s going to be a maintenance. You are lucky that matthew or anyone else is willing to tell you ahead of time. I know it’s a pain…but, it’s the truth and needs to be said. maintenance and other things are kept secret for a reason…on another note…the time difference between eastern and western times is 3 hours…it’s definately not going to be 10-2 EST. and the eastern time…its called eastern standard time. so, the maintenance will be from 11 – 3 instead of 10 – 2

horus299 said:

May 24th, 7:29 pm

I’m sick of people crying over a free service. The only people who don’t care are over 12.
Yes people cheat all the time. Grow up people. My 10 month doesn’t cry this much.

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 7:30 pm

so what dude sony needs to stop being so careless and start doing their job……… like they been spouse to do……..

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 7:32 pm

besides every year ppl do new cheat with c.o.d its never gonna stop

x__twist__x said:

May 24th, 7:33 pm

I am quite literally laughing my head off at Matthew posting Eastern/Pacific/Central time in that order. It’s hilarious on 3 counts.
1. It’s not in chronological order.
2. Trying to accommodate everyone he’s left out all them mountain folks.
3. Seriously, if you can’t figure out your time by now, how in the world did you figure out how to turn on the PS3?

CaptainJames99 said:

May 24th, 7:36 pm

For the last time trolls we are CUSTOMERS, that gives us every right to know whats going on. And how many times do I have to drill it into your heads that announcing the last possible second isn’t adequet notice. Gawd how foolish can thise mindless SDF trolls get? give your heads a shake and leave the adult conversation to the adults. Funny how they’re acting tough while hiding behind a keyboard. I know for certain none of them would have the guts to talk that way to anyones face. I’ve kept saying it for a resason, this is business, and professionalism is called for but notably absent. This is not a cult or the soviet state of sony with good reason.

hero-toxiko said:

May 24th, 7:37 pm

Nice to be updated,
keep up the good works guys.

horus299 said:

May 24th, 7:38 pm

That’s what elite for. Stop whining and get out of your parents basement. I work over 12 hours a day.. finite is the first nite in one month. Had no problem playing black ops

hero-toxiko said:

May 24th, 7:39 pm

vGenerations- you have to have been signed in to psn in the 5 days prior to continue playing online, cod has crappy servers and you might just be banned, don’t blame psn for that

hero-toxiko said:

May 24th, 7:41 pm

@ PS_man1984 o High five bro. yeah.

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 7:44 pm

i don’t like to pay attention to that because its annoying

PS_man1984 said:

May 24th, 7:47 pm

@hero-toxiko Add me on PSN. I have Killzone 3, GTA 4, Saints Row The Third, Uncharted 1, 2, 3, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Sonic 4: Episode 2, Soul Calibur 5, and a few other games.

hero-toxiko said:

May 24th, 7:47 pm

THEONEMANROCKBAN pay attention to what?

TKMcClone said:

May 24th, 7:48 pm

What’s the scoop with the SOCOM4 server? ‘Standard suppression’ mode has been offline since Monday. Some other game modes do work fine. This is documented in the PSN SOCOM Forum and definitely most if not all players are locked out. It not localized to me.

horus299 said:

May 24th, 7:51 pm

Killzone 3 is a great game. I need a new mutliplayer game

hero-toxiko said:

May 24th, 7:52 pm

TKMcClone didnt sony shut the socom guys down?

TKMcClone said:

May 24th, 7:58 pm

@hero..They closed Zipper the developer. Sony runs the servers and owns the game franchise.

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 8:04 pm

to that c.o.d crap i play it just 4 fun im trying to say is that c.o.d is 4 advance ppl i guess i just play it because it is enjoyable thats why i don’t pay attention hackers or whatever

christopherlang1 said:

May 24th, 8:05 pm

+ Red_Viper_99 on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

‘I would like to know how you can call that a “scheduled maintenance” when you can’t even announced it 24h prior to it’s begining. Is this some kind of joke? Maybe an inside joke that nobody can understand? Or maybe you just don’t understand the word “scheduled”??’

INDEED! But I LITERALLY EXPECT this from Sony. Not surprised at all.

+ FORMIK on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

‘@3,

“Scheduled” doesn’t mean they would need to tell you days in advance, even if it was scheduled that far out. This is more a heads-up, and better than just receiving a notification through the PSN.

People always find a way to gripe about something on here! (there’s mine)’

The abuse of the english language here is astounding. That’s my gripe. Last dictionary I looked at scheduled means scheduled.

CaptainJames99 said:

May 24th, 8:11 pm

LOL @ “scheduled means scheduled” you might as well say obvious troll is obvious. Next time read a dictionary NOT written in crayon! Don’t like language being abused? its simple, stop abusing it.

christopherlang1 said:

May 24th, 8:17 pm

What?

monsterman08 said:

May 24th, 8:20 pm

I’m confused when will this be back up?

christopherlang1 said:

May 24th, 8:22 pm

Found this from EA. A bit more detail.

The PlayStation and Sony Entertainment Network will be undergoing maintenance on Thursday, May 24, 2012 from approximately 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM PST.

•Start: 5/24/2012 -8:00am PST
•End: 5/24/2012 -11:00pm PST
•Impact Duration: 15 Hours
•Services Impacted: Store, Account Management, Registration, transactions via consoles or The Sony website, Online play
Unlike typical maintenance events, if you are already signed-in to PSN, you will be signed-out and unable to sign back in for the duration of the maintenance window. During this time, you will not be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

christopherlang1 said:

May 24th, 8:24 pm

otherwise from Sony nothing but Matthews rather uninformative post.

CaptainJames99 said:

May 24th, 8:28 pm

seems like the EA posting you found reads much like a cut & paste of an earlier sony post, err well any sony post really they’re identical except its mathew instead of patrick seybold. Could log in though, barely but couldn’t really do much else. It’ll be bad news if things keep on this way, which seems probable, and worse if nobody notices.

burkel2000 said:

May 24th, 8:29 pm

s the maintenance over yet

burkel2000 said:

May 24th, 8:30 pm

is the maintenance over yet

THEONEMANROCKBAN said:

May 24th, 8:30 pm

this is non-sense

viperjks said:

May 24th, 8:37 pm

so this is fantastic i was just playing and my system crashed tonight yelow light of death so in a hurry i bought a new ps3 around 1030pm tried to sign in it said system maintenance so i think ill return this one and buy an xbox goodbye psn

christopherlang1 said:

May 24th, 8:39 pm

Damn and Sony is talking about a pay-tiered PSN…. Heh heh.

CaptainJames99 said:

May 24th, 8:42 pm

christoperhlang1 its been heading that way for a while. But with these absurdly long downtimes and lack of substantive improvement I won’t hold my breath on any benefits.

christopherlang1 said:

May 24th, 8:42 pm

Wish I’d have gone Xbox too. All these outages, security fiascos and incompetence,the Linux debacle and smack in our faces, the complete and callous disregard for the user base. Wow.

Darkmanrex said: