Destiny The Taken King

May 24

LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita: A Peek Behind the Curtain

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar Posted by Simon Rosenkotter on May 24, 2012 // Community Coordinator, Tarsier Studios

We know that it’s been all-too-quiet on the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita front lately, so we are pleased to share some very exciting news with you all…Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to introduce the lovely box art for Sackboy’s latest adventure!

LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita: Box Art

But wait, there’s more! We know many of you have asked for more video footage of the game, so we created a brand new featurette which will give you all a look behind the curtain of LBP for PS Vita. Enjoy!

Remember to follow LittleBigPlanet on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest news.

PAGE 1 2

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 24th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

Thx for the update. Day 1 purchase for me. Will u be able to preorder digitally cus I’d prefer that? Also hope I get into the beta!

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 24th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Also is this game called “LittleBigPlanet” or “LittleBigPlanet PSVita” then?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 24th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

It’s called LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Or to be more precise LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita. :)

+ xTurmoilZz on May 24th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Cool. I’ll pre-order this game once it gets a release date. I also hope I can get into the beta.

+ JimmyHACK on May 24th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Can’t wait for Simon to hit send on the North American beta invites

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 24th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

It won’t be me who does the button pressing, but I can tell you that they will be send soon. Not this week, but very soon. :)

+ vanwinkle on May 24th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Boxart is fantastic. Not a big fan of the title, though. Can’t say enough about how great the visuals are. I have faith in Tarsier and Double Eleven? What role is each studio playing by the way?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 24th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Glad you like the box art!

Double Eleven are our technology partner and I have to say they are doing an amazing job!
    Tarsier has the creative responsibility and the overall responsibility for the whole game.

That’s the short explanation, anyway. :)

+ Slaysme on May 24th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

This is why I bought a vita. Thanks for some info!

+ shortyvs on May 24th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Looks cool. I feel like creating levels will be much easier on the Vita. That’s what I’m most curious about.

+ dimy93 on May 24th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

@9 yep verry stupid title
will there be demo?
what is the price point?

+ Zookey on May 24th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Hehe in one sense box art doesn’t matter to me–downloading day 1 man!! This is one of the reasons I saved up/splurged for a 32 gig card ;-)

+ Zookey on May 24th, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

By very soon for the beta–any chance before E3? I’d love to play the beta on the plane! My brother and I make intense LBP roller coasters (check out our latest StarHawk The Ride and I’m itching to recreate our wheel housings and prefab pieces in LBPPSV!

+ kongman15 on May 24th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

soo when are the beta codes coming-out because i know im not the only one that wants to play this game.

sent via psvita.

+ Goldrusher on May 24th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Very stupid decision to not give it a unique title. This will hurt the sales badly.
The average customer will see this on the shelves and think it’s a simple port of the PS3 original.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, seriously?

+ chaindrive30 on May 24th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Nice can’t wait the game looks good so far! Loved the first two LBP’s expect this to be just as great!

+ remanutd5 on May 24th, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

oh my god 4 players online multiplayer FTW!!!!!!

+ Squiggle55 on May 24th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

I think this will be my first LBP platinum. Having not many games to play on Vita, being able to play in bed, the portable experience is a little more individual (on the last 2 games we always played the game together, leaving no time for building levels and playing online) — all of these things make me confident this will be platinumed. This is also one of the few franchises I would preorder and upgrade to a collector’s edition if available.

+ Elvick_ on May 24th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

The naming scheme is definitely flawed with LBP. People even thought LBP PSP was just a gimped port of LBP… and people will lump this in with a port too.

Hopefully you market it well and say in the commercial that Sackboy is on an *all new adventure* to help lessen the ignorance.

+ Elvick_ on May 24th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Regardless, this definitely has what it takes to become the definitive LBP. PS Vita offers a lot for the LBP universe, and I’m looking forward to finally being able to play it.

+ D-Squad3 on May 24th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

That Sackboy is what we should’ve got in LBP CE, but instead we got a cheap stiff one. :(

Any I hope I get into the beta!

+ luvtoseek on May 24th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

I don’t mind the name. Let the LBP series run wild on every device w/ one name- very easy to comprehend. The DLCs are unique & keeps the franchise fresh & alive for everyone. Sony should develop an Andriod/iOS/Windows app that expands the LPB IP. A simple design app, by no means level building though. The only nitpick I have is the inclusion of the “Vita” on the title. But it’s not a huge blunder- anyone see that awful Batman: AC Game of the Year cover? What a mess…!

If there was a Collector’s Ed (1st for the Vita? :]), I’ll probably forego the digital version. Come on, give it to us fans!! 8)

Thanks again for the video, Simon!

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 24th, 2012 at 4:35 pm said:

You are welcome, luvtoseek! :)

+ SKeRJ on May 24th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

Can’t wait, it’ll be an infinite handheld game.

+ iTofuMan on May 24th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

i really hope i get into beta for this. it does seem like a great game, and coming from someone who owns all the LBP games they release (1,2,psp) i want to continue my support with the Vita version. it would be nice as a fan of the series to get into the beta. i signed up, but i know they only have a set number they give out. hopefully im one of them!

+ akibake on May 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

I’m playing through the PSP version of LBP on my Vita, and that in itself is an impressive console-length, feature rich game. Yet, the sharp, high-definition visuals in this promo far exceed the former portable title, and the character design looks really special – indeed beyond even Media Molecule. With the extra sensors and twin sticks on the Vita, I would expect that this game is going to be really fabulous. I hope I get an invitation for the beta.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 24th, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

Thank you for the kind words, akibake!

+ Hunting_Pa on May 24th, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

Got this on pre-order and paid for. Now I just need the release date. My PS Vita is HUNGRY!

+ KirbyIsAwesome on May 24th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

AWESOME!!! This will definitely be the best LBP game yet! The level design is even better than in LBP2! I’m so excited for this game. Creation will be so much easier and just having a portable console-quality LBP game is amazing. This game can’t come sooner enough! I really hope I get in invitation to the beta :D

One more thing, could you guys talk more about or show what the new tools would be like? I’m dying to find out XD

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 24th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

Sure, we can talk more about new tools! Anything is specific you’d like to know more about? :)

+ lisatsunami on May 24th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

I am definitely getting this. I got the Psp game as my outage gift, but hated it. But on day 1, I transferred to my Vita & it’s great. What a difference real controls make. An LBP created for the Vita will probably be the killer Vita app.

About the box art, the one you showed @ E3, the recreation of the Michelangelo painting, was simply the best idea ever. You should have stuck with that.

+ thunderbear on May 24th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

Amazing how good it looks on the Vita. Basically on par with the PS3 version and once you see it on the Vita screen I bet it will look even better than blown up to full screen on a monitor.

+ massimodo on May 24th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

Would like to get more info on the create functions and also the online multiplayer aspects of the game. This video seemed more about how MM feels the vita version is in good hands than anything else.

+ Cjx324 on May 24th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

Guys, stop complaining about th name, at least they didn’t go the Katamari route and name it “Touch My Sackboy”

And, this game (and gravity rush) is the reason I got a vita, I hope I can get a beta code! And I can’t wait to play it later this year! And by the way, I can’t tell the difference between these graphics and little big planet 2, are they both built on the same engine? If so, that’s incredible. If not, the graphics still look amazing.

I am really excited to see how this turns out. Day 1 buy f or me.

P.S. I’ve had this on preorder since the day you announced it… Yep, you heard, ermm, read me. LOL

+ KirbyIsAwesome on May 24th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

I was thinking anything pertaining to the gameplay and the story levels, like how LBP2 added the grappling hook and the power glove (along with others of course!). I just want to know if there is anything new like that, and maybe what it is. :) And maybe if there are new creation tools (more options for programming, being able to tweak water and gravity more, maybe even some new ones). I just can’t wait to find out more about this game lol!

+ PSVFabian on May 26th, 2012 at 3:14 am said:

When will you send the keys for the beta to Europe, Germany?

This game looks fantastic, can´t wait to play it :)

+ ToxicBerserker on May 26th, 2012 at 4:39 am said:

I cannot wait until this comes out, hopefully I’m a selected beta tester.

By the way Simon, will Little Big Planet PS Vita have Music Sequencers? I enjoyed making music on LBP2 and I would like to know if we can still do this on this new LBP game.

I’d really appreciate if you replied, thanks!

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 26th, 2012 at 7:31 am said:

Yep, the Music Sequencer is in the game. So you will be able to create music on the go soon! :)

+ Imputed7-14 on May 26th, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

So looking forward to this one. I have SO many ideas for gyro and touch screen. Now, if I could only find a spare $300 hiding in the cushions of the couch.

+ Magicman354_ on May 26th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

Will LBP: PS Vita support background music/custom soundtracks? Playing your own music while crafting levels would be awesome!

+ leithal7 on May 26th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Important Question: This game has 3 in game LAYERS to build, and play in-between, right?
The 2 layers in PSP LPB were dissapointing…

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on May 26th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

Yep, three thick and four thin layers as usual. :)

+ leithal7 on May 26th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

I wasn’t sure wether to buy a Vita, or not. Wether i really wanted one. As soon as i heard about a Little Big Planet game that i can play on the go, that made the desicion for me.
Can’t wait for this game, already PreOrdered.

+ Tw1zTiD-MaFiA21 on May 26th, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

Will this game have any pre-order bonuses like extra costumes or levels?

+ esornad on May 26th, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

I’m so excited about this game. Little Big Planet is the reason I bought my PS3 and this game is one of the reasons I bought my Vita. The only problem I see with this game is it can’t come soon enough! Any chance we’ll get the release date at E3?

+ luisda407 on May 26th, 2012 at 9:54 pm said:

I wanna be on the beta testing so bad…

+ ToxicBerserker on May 27th, 2012 at 1:36 am said:

YEEESSSSSS!!!! I’m really glad to hear that I’ll be able to continue making music on Little Big Planet PS Vita, thanks again for replying! I can’t wait to buy this game. I want it NOW lol. Hopefully we get an official date soon because my birthday is on June 21 and I’m hoping that it lands somewhere around my birthday. Even if it doesn’t I’ll still buy it. :)

+ PSVFabian on May 27th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Hey Simon, do you know if LBP PS Vita has the full resolution of the Vita (like WipEout and Rayman)?

Thank you.

+ roc_NYC_nation on May 29th, 2012 at 7:23 pm said:

i need that game it a good vido to

+ Shadowkuts on May 30th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

Hope DRAWING your own stickers (if it’s going to have like LBP2 with Move pack) will turn out good. Found it a semi nusiense trying to draw in Paint Park, was accurate & not accurate at the same time. Like the pointer/cursor would determine the center of your fingertip perfectly, but you yourself couldn’t 100% even with the magnifying glass (in Paint Park). Sure hope/suggest that LBP Vita have a zoom-in/zoom-out feature while creating/drawing your own stickers.

+ UnDeadBullet on June 3rd, 2012 at 5:11 am said:

Do I still have a chance to get an invite?
Because I’m seriously conisdering about buying that
game… and I need something that would help me decide
and beta just looks awesome!

+ SpiderSurfer on June 18th, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

i am so at a loss i signed up for the beta day 1 i was one of the first at least first 20 i told them that i have played every LBP and i dont get a betta key im talking to friends that signed up like a week later and they got in in but not me im so disappointed and really kinda angry i dont think thats fair at all ……if anyone knows how i might be able to get a betta key send me a mssg on psn

+ SpiderSurfer on June 18th, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

oh and i pre orderd the dame game day 1 i love lbp but im really not happy with this it hurts i think im gonna cry

+ JONGREY on May 24th, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

I’ll buy this game… but I have to know, how many layers are there to construct with? in the video i can only see two thick and, three thin. (like LBP PSP)

+ DarkOne_PR on May 24th, 2012 at 7:54 pm said:

I LOVE the box art! buying it day one! Still The name… LBP PSVita? uuufff horrible! why cant just seek a name that fits and more memorable… like LBP Sackboy’s Trip/Journey? <<<< EEEH! a winner right there! XD Hell do a contest like Modnation Racers did if u have to! dont make the same error as PlayStation ALL STARS BATTLE ROYAL….

Apart of that LOVING IT! cant wait to play this online! :)

+ etur0 on May 24th, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

@Elvick_ exactly that is what I that lbp psp was just a port of the ps3 version so I never bought then I got the game for free and found out that it wasn’t

and that is what allot of people are thinking about most games on the vita is that they are just a port of the ps3 version which some are but most aren’t

+ jds07 on May 24th, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

Is there a final release date for this game yet? I’m ready to add this to my library.

S/N: I don’t know why people are complaining about port games. I can understand if people don’t want play the same game over again from the console version, but what about the people only has the handle? Right now, the Vita is the only thing close to a PS3 I have access to. My console is 2000 miles away at home. So, if I can get a PS3 game on the Vita, I’ll be all ears for it. Port or not. Plus, how can you expect to have cross platform play without port or revamped games? It’s not possible. Sure the first couple titles didn’t have cross play, but the all new games coming out are starting to have that as a standard feature.

PAGE 1 2